Lunch

Right In Front Of You

A FEW DAYS LATER

You were finally being able to think less about Jaejoong and concentrate on your own life. Your relationship with Donghae also seems to be really serious, not as though it's only an adventure. When you were done with your morning routine, you went downstairs to have breakfast.

''____-ah, your appa said that he wants you to go to his company today at 12PM.'' Eomma said as you walked into the dining room.

''During lunch time?'' You asked. She nodded. You slowly nodded back and then started to eat.

A while later, your butler walked into the room. ''Good morning, ma'am. Donghae-shi is here,'' he informed. You nodded and told him to let him come in. Then, Donghae appeared and greeted your mom. Your mom smiled and slightly bowed. She was happy that you were dating Donghae.

''Okay, eomma, I'm going now.'' You said and stood up. You bid goodbye to her and then you walked out with Donghae. ''Hey, oppa, I have to go to my dad's office first later,'' you told him. He nodded and offered to give you a ride there.

LATER [12:00]

''Thanks, oppa.'' You smiled and pulled him into a kiss before getting out of his car. You walked into the building and then he drove off. People inside the building were bowing politely and greeting you. You smiled back and did the same until you arrived at your dad's office. ''Appa, you needed to see me?'' You asked.

''Oh, ____, yeah. I'm having some trouble with my computer,'' he said and shook his head.

You nodded and went toward your dad's desk and started to type some things on his computer, fixing it. You didn't know a lot about computers, but still you knew how to fix them. Just then, there was a knock on the door. Your dad remained on his seat when he allowed the person to come in.

''Annyeonghaseyo sir, I'm here to hand you some paperwork,'' Jaejoong smiled back and then his eyes widened when he noticed you fixing your dad's computer. He smiled.

''Thanks, Jaejoong-ah, I'm glad you're here with us now.'' You dad replied. You looked up from the computer screen and your eyes widened too, surprised.

''Annyeong,'' Jaejoong greeted with a smile. You smiled back and tried to greet him, but for some reason you couldn't speak. Jaejoong's happy face slowly turned into a confused one.

You cleared your throat as you were starting to feel your face heating up. ''Hi Jae,'' you smiled. Jaejoong nodded.

''It's time for lunch,'' your dad suddenly said.

''Oh, yeah,'' you nodded. ''The computer's fine, appa.''

He thanked you and then turned to look at Jaejoong. ''Jaejoong-ah, would you like to have lunch with me and my daughter?'' He asked. You turned to look at your dad, surprised. You didn't even know that you were going to have lunch with him.

''Oh, um I...'' Jaejoong was saying as he turned to look at you. You simply smiled. ''...would love to.''

''Then we should get going now,'' Appa said as he grabbed his coat and walked out of his office.

[Jaejoong's POV]

I smiled as I let ____ walk out before me, while I was holding the door for her. She smiled and thanked me before walking out. I smiled back. It's been so long since I've seen her, I mean, referring to the last six/seven years. She has grown into such a beautiful and successful lady.

''Oh kids, you can go first, there's something I need to do,'' her dad said as he walked on the opposite direction of the exit.

____ gave her dad a look. Is there something going on? I couldn't help but to ask myself. Maybe her dad is trying to . . . maybe he wants me and ____ to spend some time together? Nah ~ that would be absurd!

[Appa's POV]

As soon as Jaejoong walked into my office, I had an idea! I know my daughter is already seeing someone, that Lee Donghae, is not that I don't like him but...oh well, even though she's already seeing someone, I would like someone like Jaejoong-shi to be my son-in-law. He's handsome, down-to-Earth, has a lot of money, successful and has a good reputation. Is not always when you meet someone that has all that!

I suggested that we all go out for lunch, but of course I will later on give an excuse so those two can go by their own. I'm sure they wouldn't like an old man like me with them anyways.

''Oh kids, you can go first, there's something I need to do,'' I lied. I slightly turned around to look at them and ____ was giving me a look. Maybe she suspects something...same as Jaejoong. I smiled to myself and continued walking away.

[End of POV]

''So, shall we go now?'' Jaejoong asked. You turned to look at him and nodded.

Maybe it won't be such a bad idea to spend some time with Jaejoong. I've missed him. You thought.

A while later, you two arrived at a restaurant and asked for a table for two. The waiter handed two menus and then after asking what you two wanted to drink, he left.

Who would have thought that seven years after she rejected me, I would be sitting in a restaurant with her? Jaejoong thought. Obviously, he didn't.

''I can't believe you were gone for seven years,'' you murmured. Jaejoong raised both of his eyebrows.

''Oh! Yeah...'' He slowly nodded.

''Did you like it there?'' You asked. What a stupid question! Of course he did, or else he would have come back earlier!

He slightly chuckled and slowly nodded. ''Yeah, it's nice. Even though I still think that our food is better.''

You smiled and nodded. Then you became a bit serious. I need to ask him...but how? ''Jaejoong.''

''Hmm?'' He hummed. You took a deep breath and then exhaled. He smiled and simply looked at you. ''What is it?''

''Why did you leave just like that? I mean, one day you were here and the next day, you weren't. Everyone knew, but me. You didn't say anything.'' You furrowed your eyebrows.

Jaejoong was caught off guard when you asked him that. He never expected you to ask him, even less this straightforwardly. He didn't even know how to explain it. Meanwhile, you couldn't stop thinking that it was maybe because of your fault, even though at the same time you thought it was absurd.

''Uh...____,'' he said and then looked down at his napkin. You simply stared at him, waiting for him to explain. ''Well, my dad, he got a job offer and of course he accepted. The only bad thing about it was that we had to move to America, and...well it didn't turn out being that bad.''

''Yes, I know that.'' You nodded. But you know that it still doesn't answer my question. You thought.

Jaejoong nodded. It was obvious that he wouldn't tell you more than that. You heaved a sigh. Should I continue asking or just let it go?

''Jae, do you remember when was the last time we saw each other?''

''Huh? Oh, yes.'' He nodded. Doesn't she? Unfortunately, it wasn't something good. He thought.

''Does that have to do with anything about you moving away?'' You asked. Today you were being too straightforward.

Jaejoong was silent. He didn't know what to answer. But for you, that was an answer already.

''Jaejoong, there's something I think you should - ''

Before you could continue talking, Jaejoong's phone started to ring. ''Oh, I'm sorry,'' he said and pulled out his phone to check who it was. ''Um, it's Jiyoung, I think I should answer.''

''Sure,'' you nodded, even though you actually didn't want him to.

He stood up from his seat and walked away as he answered his phone.

You should know that I regret what I told you that day. I would have loved to go out with you. You thought.


Oooh ~ she's now sure about her feelings! What will happen with Donghae?

@esjaeee: Keke ~ ^^ and I love that you comment frequently, lol! 

@50centalotofmoney: lol >.< 

@Rui_chan: Haha, whoa ~ Donghae is also my favorite one in SUJU, but the second one in my bias list, that's actually why I chose him ^^ another thing we have in common!

♥ ]