The Proposal

Right In Front Of You

THE NEXT DAY
[ Jaejoong's POV ]

I bit my lip as I walked up to ____'s house that morning. I'm not sure about how to describe what I'm feeling right now, but it doesn't matter because whatever this feeling is, I'm sure about what I'm going to do. I pulled out my keys and opened the front door, hoping that she wasn't awake just yet. I looked into the kitchen, living room and dining room and was happy that I didn't find her in any of those rooms. Just before I could open the door into her bedroom, my pocket vibrated. I took a step backwards and checked it. I had fifty missed calls and fifteen texts from ____. I know I shouldn't have made her worry this much, but it was a good sign though - it meant she cares for me.

And so, I opened the door. I found ____ on her bed, still sleeping. I moved towards her and took a deep breath, trying to calm down a bit. My heart was beating crazily. I leaned down, resting my elbows and forearms on her bed.

[ End of POV ]

You furrowed your eyebrows and moved a bit during your sleep. You felt the presence of someone near you, but still you didn't wake up. You weren't even sure if you were still on a dream or not. Jaejoong slowly moved his hand closer to you and grabbed yours, he pulled out a small square box and opened it, without you knowing just yet, he slipped a ring on your ring finger. Just after he kissed your hand, you woke up. You furrowed your eyebrows as you waited for your eyes to adjust. When you did, you saw Jaejoong's smiling face. You pulled your hand out of Jaejoong's and pulled it up to see it. There was a shiny ring on. Your lips separated, surprised.

"Jaejoong..."

He smiled. It was so crazy the fact that with just listening to your voice utter his name, it made him so happy.

"I've never felt so nervous, afraid or sure about anything in my life. Honestly, I've never even felt this way. I don't know how to put it into words because it's something so amazing that not everyone can understand or even feel it. I've never been so afraid of loosing anything, but now it's too late. It's not only because your beautiful, smart, funny and the longest crush I've ever had," Jaejoong smiled. You couldn't help but to smile too and chuckle a bit, you pulled your hand up and caressed his cheek. "I feel complete now, and I would love to be the one who can make you smile every single day and be the lucky one to see it every single time. Will you marry me?"

You smiled and took a deep breath, your hand still caressing his cheek. Slowly, your smile disappeared and you furrowed your eyebrows a bit. Jaejoong's smile slowly started to disappear too, he was confused and more nervous than before.

"No," You answered.

Jaejoong pulled away just a little bit, shocked. That was not the answer he was expecting to hear.

You started to shake your head and you smiled again, "I didn't mean that. I just wanted to try it." You said as you chuckled a bit.

Jaejoong let out the sigh he was keeping and smiled, he slowly shook his head too. "So...it's a 'yes'?"

You nodded, smiling happily. "Yes, of course!"

Jaejoong grinned and pulled you into a kiss. You kissed him back and soon he moved on top of you.

"I love you," Jaejoong whispered as he moved away from you and then kissed you again.

Just as it was starting to become something even more romantic and passionate, you stopped. You lightly pushed Jaejoong away from you and furrowed your eyebrows.

"What is it, sweetie?" Jaejoong asked, confused.

"This is why you ignored me yesterday?" You asked.

Jaejoong smiled and lightly shook his head, chuckling. "It was the most difficult task I've ever had to do in my life."

Your jaw fell down, you couldn't belive his answer. "Are you serious?!"

"Hey, shh, don't get mad at me, baby, this was your dad's idea." Jaejoong said.

"What...?"

"Oh, right, you should probably know that I never went to a business trip." Jaejoong shook his head.

You furrowed your eyebrows. "You...didn't?"

"Nope. In fact, I was staying at your parents' house all the time." Jaejoong confessed.

"You were there when I called my dad to tell him you were missing?" You asked, shocked. He nodded. "Jaejoong...you..."

Jaejoong smiled and moved closer to you, he shut you up by pressing his lips against yours.

"You didn't have the main idea that I was going to propose?" Jaejoong asked after he pulled away.

You shook your head.

"Hm, I thought you did. I guess I shouldn't have worried that much after your dad asked you if our relationship was serious and that we should get married."

Suddenly, it hit you. How could I be this stupid?! Dad did ask me that! God! And I thought he was telling ME to propose to Jaejoong! It was so obvious! I can't believe I didn't get it!

Jaejoong smiled, and pulled you into his arms. "You even went to the airport to get me after I said no."

"Yeah, I thought you were cheating on me and I would caught you with the other girl." You said.

Jaejoong laughed and shook his head.

"So...you even asked my parents for permission to marry me?" You asked.

Jaejoong nodded, "Of course."

"You do know that my dad loves you, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. Who doesn't?" He said, smugly. You rolled your eyes. "You do love me."

You chuckled and lightly shook your head. You took a deep breath, "Oh, Jaejoong!"

"Mm?"

"I do," You smiled.

"I do too," Jaejoong smiled back and pulled you in for another kiss.


Some of you already knew that it was going to be a proposal ^^ There you go! The proposal was simple but in my opinion, also sweet. I hope you guys enjoyed reading it.

P.S. The story will end soon.

Leave me a comment, yes? ^^