Rejected

Right In Front Of You

All the students were having a good time, hanging out with their group of friends. You could see that today was a nice day, everyone seemed to be happy, except one person. Jaejoong was sitting alone. His eyebrows were furrowed and he was glaring at nothing in particular.

''Hyung!'' Changmin called out as soon as he found him.

''What's wrong, Jae?'' Yunho asked as he furrowed his eyebrows, staring at his best friend's frown.

Jaejoong remained silent. He wasn't in the mood of talking.

''Have you asked ____?'' Junsu suddenly asked.

Jaejoong let out a frustrated groan and then looked up with a murderous glare. ''Yeah, I did. I'm sure you're dying to know her answer, aren't you?''

''I already have an idea about what it could have been,'' Changmin murmured.

''She rejected me! This is all your fault! Do you know how it feels to get rejected?! Especially by the one you like? HUH? this!'' Jaejoong shouted.

''Jaejoong...'' Yunho whispered, ''...at least you now know what she feels about you. You can move on.''

That's the problem. I can't! And it's killing me that she doesn't feel the same way as I do.

Jaejoong heaved a sigh and grabbed his bag from the floor before walking away from them.

 

For the rest of the day, Jaejoong wasn't able to concentrate on his classes. At first he tried to, but soon enough he started to lose interest and give up. There was only one thing in his mind, and it was you. He couldn't stop thinking about you.

''Ew, never in my life have I seen such ugly glasses!'' A girl said as she made a disgusted face. Jaejoong was sitting on his desk, talking to his friends when suddenly he turned around to try and see what everyone was laughing about. When the bell rang, all the students ran out of the class, not before saying a hurtful comment to a girl.

Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at her. He felt sorry for her.

''Hyung, let's go,'' Yoochun said as he grabbed his bag. Jaejoong nodded and waited for his friends to leave.

''Hey,'' Jaejoong said as he stood in front of the girl. She didn't dare to look up at him. Besides, she didn't want him to see that she was crying. Jaejoong put his hand on her shoulder when a single tear fell down on his shoe. ''Don't listen to them,'' Jaejoong commented with a low voice as he grabbed her chin and made her look up at him. ''They just say that because they need to hurt someone to think that they're better. Besides, in my opinion, you don't look that bad with glasses.'' He smiled and then walked away.

You had stopped crying and your eyes had widened. You blushed when Jaejoong left.

Without Jaejoong knowing, he was smiling. He remembered so well the day he met you for the first time. You used to wear glasses, but soon changed to contact lenses. He has always been there for you, since the first day he met you. Why can't she give me a chance?

Jaejoong heaved a sigh when the bell rang, indicating that it was time for lunch. His friends tried to talk about other things so that Jaejoong wouldn't think about you, but it didn't work. Even while eating, he was thinking about you.

''Oppa, why do you care so much about that girl? She's not even that pretty, well, at least I know I'm prettier.'' One girl, Sooyeon, said with a shrug. Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at her. ''I mean, look at her. It's obvious that she cares so much about what people think about her. We made fun of her glasses and she changed into contacts.''

''And don't you care about what people think about you too, Sooyeon?'' Jaejoong asked with a glare.

''What? I don't.''

''Well, Sooyeon, physical appearance is not everything. What matters in the end is personality.'' Jaejoong said before he left Sooyeon and went to look for you.

Jaejoong and you were always friendly with each other. You actually never understood why Jaejoong was always looking for you, after all, he's a Kingka and you're not that popular.

 

THAT NIGHT
[ Jaejoong's POV ]

I was so glad when school was over. I didn't want to be in there anymore, not after what happened today. Even though I'm not narcissistic, I simply don't understand why ____ rejected me. I mean, I'm considered one of the hottest Kingkas in our high school and I have a great personality. Why won't she give me a chance? I've been there for her whenever she needed someone.

''Jaejoong, son,'' Mr. Kim said as soon as I walked into our house. I was planning to walk upstairs, but I stopped and turned to my dad. ''Come here, we need to talk.''

I took a deep breath and walked into the living room, sitting right across my dad. Soon eomma joined us too.

''Son, please listen to us first before you say anything, ok?'' Eomma said. I slowly nodded, confused.

''Do you remember when we told you that big changes were going to happen to us? Well, I was offered a better job, son. The thing is that, we will have to move to America.'' Appa said.

What? America?! I could hear dad's voice but I wasn't actually listening. This is my chance - I'll be able to forget about ____, and finally move on.

''I want to go,'' I said.

Mom and dad seemed to be surprised with my answer, but in no time, they were normal again and were actually happy that I accepted that easily.


How was the chapter? ^^ More about the relationship between the two of you will be revealed as the story goes on, and also why you rejected Jaejoong will be revealed later. But first, there were two flashbacks in this chapter. Also, Taeyang will appear next chapter and it will be more interesting! ^^

Leave me a comment, ok? ^^

♥ ]