Chapter 19.

Seeing Through Her Eyes

The moment Jaekyung closed the door behind her, the smile on her face disappeared, she let out a deep sigh and walked to the bus stop. It’ll be a tough day at school but Jaekyung knows that she’ll overcome this obstacle, that’s what life is about isn’t it? Only after climbing past the highest mountains do you truly feel the reward of your goal and appreciate the efforts it took to get there. As Jaekyung waited for her bus to arrive she took out her IPod and pressed play without even looking at the song that played. She was confused when she heard Baekhyun clearing his throat.

 
“Um… hey Jaekyung noona, I’m not very good with my words or showing my affection for people so I thought I’d record a message for you on your IPod instead. Sorry for taking your IPod and recording this audio file without your permission by the way…” Jaekyung smiled as Baekhyun chuckled nervously. Her bus came and she clicked paused quickly while getting onto the bus. After getting a seat she set her backpack on her lap and pressed play.
 
“We’ve known each other for three weeks now and I know I’ve been annoying and a trouble maker but I promise to make it up to you. You’ve been a really amazing friend to me all this time and I feel like I should start doing my part. Seeing you break down this morning made me realize that even though you always put up a strong face and work hard towards your goal, you’re still only human. It’s okay to feel down sometimes you know? I want you to know that I’ll be here for you no matter what; I mean where else am I supposed to go? Haha. But no really, all jokes aside, if you’re ever upset or unhappy please don’t hide it from me and pretend to be okay. Do the exact same thing you did today, my shoulder is here for you to cry on and my ears are here to listen. I may have acted like a whiny child when I first met you but I’m really only a year younger. I’m someone you can depend on, so… please don’t ever feel like you’re alone in this world because you’re not. I’m not asking you to just suddenly trust me with everything but I want to be someone you can come to for help. I know it’ll take time for you to feel better as well so if you ever need time to yourself, some space or if you actually want me there to comfort you, just ask. You took care of me, a complete and totally stranger for three weeks, let me take care of you now noona.” Jaekyung smiled at Baekhyun’s words and looked out the window. Who would have guessed that the angry teenager she met three weeks ago would turn out to be so sweet and caring? Jaekyung can’t even find the right words to express how grateful she is to have met a friend like Baekhyun. She’s had many friends before but none of them have made the same impact as Baekhyun. Jaekyung replayed the audio file Baekhyun recorded during the entire ride to school, a small smile forming on her sad face.