I do's and I don'ts

Our SHINee vacation!

                                                                               

 

Mi-Sun's POV.

"Mi-Sun, don't you think Hae-Ra would have caught us already if she was following us?"

"Well, yeah, but it's Hae-Ra we're talking about. She tends to pop up everywhere."

Key rolls his eyes and reaches up to push a strand of hair from my face. "Oh, Mi-Sun, what would I do without your paranoid self?"

"You'd probably die." I smile and slowly wrap my arms around Key's neck. I tangle my fingers through his hair and rest my head against his. "You couldn't live without me, could you?"

He wraps both arms around my waist and pulls me closer. "Nah, I don't think I could." He leans forward and presses his lips to mine softly, being as gentle as he can. Personally, I don't like the sweet, gentle thing but Key's an exception. I like it when he touches me, it feels like Heaven on my skin, like the softest drizzle of rain...it's nice. A shudder passes down my spine as Key reaches up and rubs my arm. He smiles and looks down at me. "Are you ok, Mi-Sun?"

"Yeah," I nod. "I'm fine," I shudder again and take in a shaky breath. "W-why do you ask?"

Key laughs and holds onto my hand. He brings it up to my face and smiles. "Because you're shaking."

It's normal." I stutter while simultaneously pulling out of his grip. Key grins even bigger and pulls my chin upwards. "Admit it, Mi-Sun, you're freakin' out right now."

"Nope." I state.

Key frowns and lets go of my chin. "No one's tough all the time, MI-Sun. Not even you."

I shrug, "Dunno...I think I'm pretty tough most of the time."

"Yeah," Key nods. "Most of the time. The rest of the time you're either crying your eyes out or whining like a baby."

I frown then push him harshly, "No I don't! Shut up!"

"See, you're doing it right now!"

"No, I'm not!" I whine then quickly clamp my hand over my mouth. Key raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes. "Whatever, that doesn't prove that I'm not always tough." Key nods slowly, contemplating my statement then paces the leaf covered earth. He stops at a nearby tree and rests his back against it then his face brightens as an idea pops into his head. "So, Mi-Sun, you claim you're always tough...right?"

I nod and watch as he slowly approaches me all mysterious like a stalker. He grabs both my shoulders and shoves me against a tree. I stand there, pinned against a large oak as Key stares me in the eye. "Remember the first night we spent over your place and we had a little chat...? You remember what I said to you that night?"

I feel heat rush to my face as I realize what he's talking about. "Yeah..."

"Let's honor that promise, what do you think?"

My throat goes completely dry as Key leans in and presses his lips to mine. I kiss back and pull him toward me then hug him for a long time. He gently nuzzles my neck with his lips, placing small kisses from one spot to another. I close my eyes in satisfaction and smile. "You think this whole wedding thing'll blow over soon?"

Key raises his head up to meet my gaze, "Let's not talk about that right now." Then pulls me in for another round. 

I remember that day, the day he and I went walking in the woods... It was also the day Taemin gave Hae-Ra a couple ring. That was one special day. I can never forget how safe I felt in Key's arms or how entranced Hae-Ra looked when she first got the ring. Now, as I make my way up to the altar, I see her face. It looks weary and incomplete as if she's lost something so valuable to her...which she has. She wipes a tear from her eye and forces a smile as  I slowly make my way up the red carpeted walk-way.

I break  away from her gaze and look at my bride's mates, then the groom's mates, and then at Chad. His pompous posture and greedy smile flashes cruelly at me as he takes in my appearance. His eye slightly shifts to the right, somewhere in the crowd then back to me in a flash. Whoever he's staring at seems to make him feel a bit...I don't know...uncomfortable so I look to my right. There standing amongst the many business partners and co-worker of RICHARDS CO. is Mr. Richards himself, looking as stern and serious as possible. His icy gaze never leaves Chad's nervous figure which slightly reminds me of my own Dad.  He's striding proudly right beside me, holding on to my arm and keeping his focus solely on me. I gulp as he gives a slight wink, approving my life-threatening decision for marrying Chad and throwing away everything he's ever lived for. His job, his life, his own daughter... Look at him...he's so happy for me. Why is he happy? He should be dying on the inside, begging me to turn around and dart through the church doors, never looking back...never coming back. I shiver at the thought then finally stand in front of the Pastor. 

"Who is giving this lovely woman away today?"

Mom strides over all stank and rich woman--like then snatches my arm in hers. It's supposed to be a kind gesture, her holding onto me like I'm the last thing she has left but it's not. She looks down at me and smiles. "We do." She says along with Dad then drops my arm. 

"Very well." The man says then motions for me to come up. I hesitate for a moment, secretly eyeing the Exit on my far right when Dad gives my arm a happy squeeze. "Go ahead, honey." He beams. "Go."

I look at his joyful expression and for the first time feel like I'm actually doing something right. Dad's finally proud of me. It took me all of my life to ever get to see this moment. The only time I've ever seen him happy about something was when both my older brothers went off to college. Other than that, he's had no time for me. None whatsoever.

Slowly, I ascend up the stairs, feeling sicker and sicker until I'm finally standing next to...him

"Ok, are we ready?" The pastor asks.

Chad holds out his hand for me to hold as if it's some kind of comfort but I ignore it and quickly grab hold of Hae-Ra;s. She's surprised at the notion but doesn't let go. Instead, she locks her fingers through mine and smiles warmly at me. "We'll get through this together." she mouths. I nod then turn back to the ceremony. Key, if there was ever a time where I needed you badly to be there, this would be the time...where are you? 

 

- - -

 

"Alright, it is time for our couple to recite their vows. Mr. Richards, please lead us into yours if you will."

Chad beams at the opportunity to show off his -kissing skills. He clears his throat a couple times then turns to me happily.

"Mi-Sun," he starts. I feel myself slightly cringe at his annoying accent but don't make a scene, I just continue to stand there as if it's the moment I've been waiting for.

"Mi-Sun, you are the one...for me. It's true! From the first time I met you to the first time we kissed. You remember that moment?"

Kiss? What the heck is he talking about! We never kissed- and then it hit me. The day I got a "job" at his stupid restaurant was the day I had to 'persuade' him into thinking I liked him which involved...sadly...some kissing.I nod reluctantly then let out a loud sigh of annoyance while Hae-Ra gasps beside me.

"I knew you would. It was the best day of my life. I swear to you, Mi-Sun, from that day forward I vowed to never hurt you...and I intend on keeping that promise. You're definitely something though! Sometimes you can make a man feel like screaming at the top of his lungs and ripping his hair out but then again, what wife doesn't?"

All the men in the crowd give a low chuckle but from the way they abruptly stop shows me that their wives did the same thing I did: glower at Chad and think to myself, Yeah, and you think you're any better? Even Hae-Ra looks slightly offended but keeps it together by shoving a half eaten Twinkie down .

"Anyhow, I just want you to know that I love you. I love you when I wake up, when I go to bed, when I'm not next to you whispering sweet nothings into your pretty little ear..."

By this time, I'm ready to crawl into a hole and die from how corny his "vow" is. What woman in their right mind would want to marry him...well, I shouldn't say that since I'm in the process of doing so right now. I sigh and pretend to listen while the crowd looks hypnotized by his "poetic words".

"...when I'm at work getting bread to put on the table, I'm sorry...our table, when I'm sitting right next to you watching one of our favorite moves, even when you start all that nagging and cussin' like you always do..."

More laughing from the men in the crowd and  more dirty looks go to Chad and his male audience.

"What I'm tryin' to say is...no matter what hell we go through, I will always love you. And I mean it from the bottom of my heart."

I glare into his mischievous gaze as the crowd claps and cheers for Chad. He's testing my patience, I can see it in his eye but I don't give it a second thought. It's my turn to expose this bastard for the manipulative jerk he is.

"And your vow Ms. Kwon?"

Oh, you bet I have a vow! I stand up a bit straighter then stare Chad dead in the eye. I mouth the words, "You're dead." then prepare to expose the little rat for what he is.

"Chad, you are...and forever will be...the most selfish, heartless, son of a-"

All of a sudden the church is interrupted by an ear shattering crash coming from way in the back. I look down the aisle to find the crowd screaming and standing up to see a large white Jeep sticking out of the church wall. 

"What in the world is going on!" Chad screams.

I let go of his hand and feel my heart racing as the driver side door opens and out steps a tall figure. Eagerness to see who it is consumes me as the figure is shrouded by the dusty atmosphere from the wall's debris. Hae-Ra gasps and takes a slight step forward, clutching her bouquet to her chest and tossing the Twinkie onto the floor. She gazes longingly at the figure and squints to make out who it is. "Omo...T-Taemin!?"