Love me or Hate me.

Our SHINee vacation!

 

Hae-Ra's POV.

I lightly rest my head on Taemin's chest and smile, "You think Mi-Sun will freak?"

He looks down at me and my hair lightly, "Why?"

"She's supposed to be home any minute, what if she finds us on the couch like this?"

A deep rumble that I take as laughter gurgles deep in Taemin's chest. He sighs then kisses the top of my forehead, "Let her freak. I like this, don't you?"

I nod and snuggle closer into his chest, "I love you, Taemin. I really do."

"I love you too. So, what's been happening ever since we left?"

I laugh, "I've been missing you like crazy, I had a cold earlier this morning and...I heard about you going psycho during an interview. What was that all about?"

He catches his breath slightly and sighs shakily, "It was nothing. I was just freaking out because we left and...you want some fruit salad?"

I look up at him now with confused eyes, "What? Taemin, why won't you answer my question-"

"-Fruit salad it is!" And with that, he stands up, pushing me off of him then walks into the kitchen. The fridge door swings open as he rummages through tossing out strawberries, bananas, melon and other fruit I never bother to eat.

"Taemin," I start but he cuts me off once more.

"You like Bananas in your salad or Kiwi?"

"Taemin, you're-"

"-I'll just add both. Uh, where are your knives?" He slams the kitchen door closed frantically and yanks open one of the drawers.

"Stop avoiding me, Taemin!" I snap. I wrap the blanket around my bare body and stand up, "You're not-"

"-FOUND THEM!" He holds up a knife and rushes at the sink where he's gathered all the fruit to wash.  "Time to slice and-"

"-TAEMIN, YOU'RE NOT WEARING ANY PANTS!" I yell.

He stops what he's doing and looks down at his self. "Oh...no wonder I felt a breeze."

I could almost laugh but don't. He's trying to hide something from me even though I already know a lot of what happened.

"Taemin," I sigh while tossing him his boxers, "I know what happened at the interview. You flipped out and Minho then came running to me. What's that all about?" I know I have no right to be mad but the fact that he was trying so hard to keep this from me angers me. Imagine what would've happened if I had never listened to the radio.

"Where'd you hear that?" He asks shimmying into his underwear.

"This morning on the radio."

"And that's all you heard?" He growls.

"Taemin, you're making this way bigger than it needs to be!" I snap, "Why were you acting like that during your interview?"

"Acting like what?" His voice raises slightly signaling for me to back off. Poor Taemin, he doesn't know me that well. I will never back off.

"Just dead it, ok?" He snaps.

For a long time, there's silence except for the occasional chopping noise of him cutting through melon slices.

"NO!" I blast, "I will not dead it! What are you not telling me, Taemin? Why is it such a secret that you the group during the interview!?"

He slams down the knife and spins around, "I DID NOT TURN ON THE GROUP, OK!?" He snorts as he tries to even out his breathing. I wrap the blanket closer to me and walk over to him, "Then what happened? Why did you freak out like that?" I try to make my voice as soft and kind as possible so he won't feel defensive. It works. He stops chopping alltogether then turns to face me with fatigued eyes, "I was a mess. I missed you a lot today so I kind of...snapped. The interviewer was asking so many stupid questions and being rude! I just-"

"Shhh," I coo, "calm down. Just talk to me."

He nods lightly then goes back to ranting. "I left the room after saying about a million stupid things and passed by a group of girls. One of them sounded just like you...you know...the night in the elevator when we..." He trails off and I blush at the memory.

"Yeah." I whisper.

"So, I went into this small room and kinda broke down. Minho came in to apologize some more but I just wasn't taking it anymore. I'm done with him and his stupid apologies."

"Wait," I cath on, "when you guys got home, he apologized to you?"

"Neh." Taemin confirms.

"About what?"

The question hits him like a bullet for some odd reason and he stands there for a while, expressionless and dazed. He's obviously remembering something. Something that he and Minho did when they got home.

"You guys fought again?" I sigh.

"No! No, well, yes...it was a yelling match but it didn't get physical..." He trails off still remembering whatever happened when they got home.

"Well...not really." He slurs.

"I don't follow." I confess, "What did he have to apologize for?"

"The, uh, the whole incident when we were here, you know, spending time with you and Mi-Sun."

I can tell he's telling the truth but see that he's hiding something from me. Something huge I bet.

"Did he hurt you in any way? Did he touch you?" I ask somewhat frantically.

"NO!" Taemin snaps obviously offended, "We just argued...and stuff."

"What stuff?" I ask nervously, "Taemin, talk to me! You were doing fine just a minute ago! What happened? What did he do to you that was so bad that you can't tell me!?"

The look on Taemin's face shows me that he's fighting the urge to tell me. So there is something he's hiding from me!

"NO!" Taemin yells, "That's all that happened! We argued, Key stopped the argument and we got off on good terms."

"If you got off on good terms, how come you snapped at him and told him you hated him!?" I snap back. "Tell me the truth, Taemin!"

"There's nothing to tell!" He screams. Taemin takes a step back and turns back to his slicing. "Just...go sit on the couch and wait for the salad."

Oh, no, no, no, no, no! I am not about to sit on that couch until he tells me what's up! "Taemin, something happened and you know it! Tell me now!" I grab his shoulder forcefully and pull him to face me, "TELL ME RIGHT NOW!"

"NO!" He screams.

I stop once I see the knife in his hand and the furry in his eyes. The only time I've ever seen him this furious was when he and Minho were fighting. A tear manages to slip down my cheek as fear begins to claw up my stomach. I made him mad, I made him super mad.

"Hae-Ra," Taemin reaches out to touch me, "I'm so sorry. I never meant to yell at you like that. I was just angry about-"

I flinch away and look deep into his eyes, "Why won't you tell me?"

His eyes droop in sadness and guilt.

"I thought we were supposed to tell each other everything? Taemin?"

He stands there with slumped shoulders and lowered eyes while my vision blurs due to countless tears sliding from my eyes down to my neck. I turn around and head back to the living room to pick up his stuff when he says something that causes my entire body to freeze.

"We kissed."

For some reason, I feel my heart crumble as I take in the news. They kissed. Minho and Taemin...kissed. What the hell!?

"So...you're...gay?"

"No!" Taemin rushes over to me but I take a step forward, still keeping my back towards him.

"I'm not." He says, "He kissed me!"

"...So..." I gulp, "...it's true then."

"What's true? Hae-Ra, you're not making sense! What's true?"

"2...2min..." I stutter. "It was all true."

Taemin grows silent for a minute then takes in a shaky breath, "It was true. But that's all over now. We have nothing to do with each other. I'm over him!"

"Yes, Taemin! But he's not over you!" I spin around to face him, the color red dangerous in my eyes. "You're a liar!" I growl.

"Hae-Ra!"

"You lied to me!" I snap. I push him harshly then take a step around him. He quickly grabs my arm and pulls me back, "Hae-Ra, I never lied to you! I told you the truth every time!"

"No!" I yell, "You lied! You said you loved me!"

"I do!" He assures.

"No you don't. If you did, you'd never even think twice about keeping this secret from me!"

He opens his mouth then closes it fast.

"You're just a liar! A stupid, gay, liar! And I can't trust you anymore." I walk over to the door and open it for him. "Get out."

Taemin finally finds the courage to speak and rushes over to me, "Hae-Ra! I did not lie to you! I love you with every fiber in me!"

I turn my head away in disgust. "Whatever."

"What do you want me to do then!?" He pleas. " Just say it and I'll do it!"

I don't have to think twice, I know what I want.

"Tell me the truth. All of it." And with that, I close the door behind me, ready to hear his confession.


-Musician

 

OH SNAP!!!!! HAE-RA FOUND OUT THAT 2MIN'S ACTUALLY REAL! LOL!I wonder if she'll kill Taemin since he's been hiding this for SOOOOOO long? hahaha.