BEACH! (Part 1)

Our SHINee vacation!

Mi-Sun's POV.

Hae-Ra's face pops up in the mirror behind me and I can't help but smile at her beaming face.

"Ya! You like Key don't you!"                                     

I spit up the water I've been sipping and turn to her.  

"What are you talking about!? No! Eww! That's nasty! That's gross! He's gross! No way, no way!"

Hae-Ra leans down to come face to face with me, "Alright then, do you like Chad-"

"-No."

But do you like Key?"

"HAE-RA PLEASE! I ALREADY TOLD YOU THE ANSWER-"

"You like Chad?"

"No."

"But you like Key?"

"HAE-RA THE ANSWER IS-"

"HA!" Hae-Ra exclaims. "Every time I bring up Chad, your face gets all red and you give a one word answer but with Key, you say too much! Omo, Mi-Sun, you got it bad!"

My cheeks flush and I spin around to the mirror, "Why do you have to be a genius?" I mumble. 

Hae-Ra squeals in delight and hugs me from behind, "Have you confessed yet?"

"NO! And I don't intend to because I do not like him!"

"But you think he's cute right?"

"So very much!" I gush. "His hair is always so perfect and his face is so...ugh! He's too cute to be a guy! The way he talks is like O.M.G. It's like eating chocolate really slowly...savoring all it's sweet taste...and his lips...so soft and fragile like a rose petal. I bet they taste like chocolate-" I stop and notice Hae-Ra smiling smugly.

"Just admit it." She demands.

I nod and look down, "...Fine...yes, I do like him."

She laughs and takes a seat next to me, "In that case, you gotta go all out!"

"All out for what? We're just going to the beach!" I protest.

She wags her finger at me and shakes her head, "I kinda figured you'd break and do something kinda risky so...I bought you a new bathing suit and new dress!" She rushes to the bed and picks up a pink and white Victoria Secret bag and takes out a red bikini and a blue dress.

             

For the first time in my life, I'm actually thankful for two things: Hae-Ra and for being a girl.

"Whoa!" I gasp then jump up to feel the dress, "It's so..."

"Pretty?" Hae-Ra finishes.

"No, beautiful."

"Put it on then! Oh my goodness, Key is gonna die when he sees you!" She gushes, "Alright this is what you're gonna do..."

 

Key's POV.

What is taking them so long!? I know girls take forever to get ready with their hair and makeup and all that but really!? This is ridiculous! 
I turn to my right and see Minho sit back and smiles to himself.

"And what is getting you so happy, Minho?" I ask.

He laughs and shakes his head, "Hae-Ra. She's amazing isn't she?"

"Yeah, so?"

"I bet she's getting ready right now...taking her time brushing her and putting on makeup. Man, I can't wait to see her."

The door to the girl's room opens and out comes Hae-Ra in long  black baggy sweatpants and a wife beater.

I laugh, "Yeah, she looks gorgeous, Minho."

He frowns and stands up to meet her, "Where's your bathing suit babe?"

She frowns too and crosses her arms over her chest, "What, this isn't good enough?"

"Ooh! Minho, look what you got yourself into!" Jonghyun teases.

"No! That's not it, it's just that, I kinda thought you were gonna wear your bathing suit now-"

"She doesn't have to, you know."

Heads turn in surprise and stare at Taemin and his sudden outburst. He gets up and glares in Minho's direction, "Hae-Ra looks beautiful the way she is. Don't try to change her." With that, he opens the door and leaves. 

"Was that just Taemin?" Onew gasps. "Wow! The kid's finally grown some balls."

I shrug and watch the door for Mi-Sun. She comes out wearing shorts and a shirt that reads 'I love the beach!' I smile and walk up to meet her, "You look really pretty, Mi-Sun. I'll take your bags for you."

She willingly hands them to me and bows slightly, "Kamsa."

She heads out the door and we all follow close behind. 

Time for the beach! Yes! Finally getting out of this stuffy apartment building! But...what about the paparazzi?

- - -

Hae-Ra's POV.

We decide to take 2 cabs to the beach. It's a private one that Mi-Sun's father owns. We called him up earlier and asked if he could empty it out or at least get some people that won't go crazy once they see SHINee.
Once we get there we see families and just regular people swimming and having a good time. Mi-Sun taps me and points to the changing rooms to our right giving me a nervous smile.

"Guys!" I announce, "We're gonna go change. I suggest you do the same."

We head to the changing rooms and strip. Mi-Sun comes out wearing her bikini and a tear comes to my eye, "Mi-Mi, you look so...girly! I love it! I absolutely love it!" 

"Thanks." She smirks, "You look good too."

I scan my black bikini and nod, "Thanks. Minho thought I was gonna come out the house in my bathing suit! Isn't he crazy!?"

She doesn't respond.

"Mi-Mi! He's crazy right?"

"Not really...you were showing a lot of skin earlier so we all kinda thought you'd leave in your bathing suit..."

I sigh and put my hair up in a bun. "Ready?"

We head out into the blinding sunlight and blistering heat to the guys. Minho's eyes light up once he sees me and for some reason, so does Taemin's. He walks up to me and holds me, "You look amazing..."

I break from his grip and run towards the water, 'It's too hot for all of that!" I yell behind me. "Come on!"

We all run to the water and a huge wave catches us by surprise. It crashes over us, making everyone tumble backwards into the sand. Jonghyun tumbles next to me and screams in excitement, "YAAAAAAAA!!! AGAIN!!! DO IT AGAIN!!!"

He runs head first into another roaring wave and is completely swallowed by it's massive effect. We laugh and begin splashing and thrashing in the water. I catch sight of Mi-Sun being chased by Key with a huge bucket of water held high over his head. He catches her and dumps its remnants on her head and she screams playfully. Taemin and Jonghyun run into another gigantic wave arm in arm and flip backwards from its push. Key lays a beach blanket on the sand and starts tanning. Minho rushes up behind me in a sneak attack and pulls me over his shoulders. 

"PUT ME DOWN!!" I laugh.

He laughs and runs to the next wave, We're hit by a tremendous force of roaring salt water and I laugh as we get soaked from head to toe. I'm finally on my feet and can barely stand up. My feet give out and I'm sprawled on the soft, wet sand within seconds. Sea water slowly creeps up on the shore and washes over me.

I would get up but I'm too lazy and besides, the cool water feels good on my overheated body.

A tall figure hovers over me and blocks the sun. "Tired already?"

It's Taemin.

He leans down and helps me up.

"Wow, you're really light." He smirks.

Once I get my footing correct, I push him and laugh, "I'm not that light!"

"Look."

Then without warning he picks me up in both arms and willfully spins me around.

"YAAAAA! STOOOP!" I scream.

He stops spinning me and smiles, "You mad?"

"No..." I mumble."

Taemin nods and let's me down...even though he's still holding onto my waist.

"I'm on the ground now." I announce, "You can let go of me."

He nods but doesn't budge. For some reason, his face gets all serious and he moves in closer, "Minho...doesn't deserve you."

I'm stunned by his sudden seriousness and wait for the rest of his speech.

"Forget about him. He's not your type."

"Wait! How do you know if he is or isn't my type! You barely even know me!" I snap.

"Well that's why I wanna get to know you. I think you're beautiful, Hae-Ra..."

Oh my gosh, is this...happening right here? RIGHT NOW!

"...I think you're smart, funny and amazing as hell."

Whoa! Where did this come from! Is this really Taemin!?

He leans down further and I hide my face.

This is not happening! This is NOT happening!

He speaks into my ear, "What Minho doesn't...know won't hurt him." then lightly brushes his lips against my cheek. Goose bumps form on my body and I can't help but shiver. With that he walks away, giving me this lingering look that says 'I want you' loud and clear. I can feel my insides twist and turn as the events of the last two minutes settle in.

Did he just...confess?