Unexpected

Our SHINee vacation!

M-Sun's POV.

We enter Starbucks and take a seat in front of a large window at the front of the cafe.

"Stay here." Chad smiles. "I'll go order us some coffee."

I open my mouth to tell him what I want but sigh, "Whatever. He probably stalked me enough to know what kinda coffee I drink." I pick up my bag and head toward the bathroom. It's easy to change since I'm barely wearing clothes. Once I'm done, I come back to our table and sit down, still waiting for Chad to arrive with the coffee.

Ugh! I wanna go home! This is so stupid, plus I have to get home and tell Hae-Ra about the plan!

"Hey, Mi-Mi, how much sugar you want?"

I groan loudly then turn around in annoyance, "Just put in 3 packs-" I stop once I notice the familiar face of someone I haven't seen in a while.

Key!

"Hey, baby. You missed me?" He grins so brightly that I feel like I"m going to go blind. 

"Nope," I grin mischievously, "you never bothered to call."

He wraps his arms around me sending a shudder down my spine. This is so PERFECT! I grin into our kiss and feel myself literally melt into his arms.

"You tried to run away from me." I breathe.

"I could never." He kisses back, "You're too good to me." 

I smile then pull away from him, taking a good look at his face. It's still the same beautiful face I remember falling for. He my cheek slightly then muzzles his nose to mine, "I missed you so much."

I'm happy now. I think to myself. I don't need anything else, just us...and maybe Hae-Ra. My mind feverishly runs on Hae-Ra looking so sick and fragile ever since the guys left.

"Key." I say breaking the kiss, "Hows Taemin? Hae-Ra's a mess and I hate seeing her that way."

He sighs then takes a seat opposite me, "Um, he kinda ran off today."

"Oh no, why?"

He shrugs, "Dunno, one minute he's arguing with Minho and the next he's gone. Minho said that he'd asked him where he was going and that all Taemin could say was to her. He's probably over there right now, making up with her. You know how they are."

I laugh, "Yeah, those freaks. So, I have something amazing to tell you!"

"And that would be?" He smirks.

I take both his hands in mine and smile brightly, "I have a plan to get myself out of this stupid situation!"

Key leans back in his chair as his eyebrows furrow, "A plan? What kind of plan?"

I clear my throat and prepare him for what's next when Chad trots over holding 2 coffees and a paper bag probably filled with muffins.

"Oh, Key!" He gasps, "I wasn't expecting to see you here!" He places the coffee on the table and sticks out his hand for Key to shake. Key gives him one of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen then turns back to me, "You were saying?"

"C'mon," Chad beams, "we're buds, remember? We gotta put the past behind us! That's what buds do! Forgive and forget."

"I will never forgive you nor forget how badly you treated Mi-Sun." Key snaps now glowering into his eyes, "We're not buds. We're not anything. If there weren't so many people around, I'd cut your head off."

There's a thick silence between them as they have a stare down. I try my best not to get in the middle of it but feel awful that they're fighting over me.

"You're lucky my girl's here." Key spits.

"Your girl?" Chad asks menacingly, "Is that what she is?"

"Yep. No amount of threats or paparazzi can take me from her and you know that so I suggest you do me this one favor, bud." He stands up, sizing himself up with Chad, "Stay away from her. If you ever hurt Mi-Sun in any way shape or form, I'll find you and-"

"Waa!" I gasp.

Both eyes flash in my direction as I pick up the hot coffee, "It's so warm. I like warm coffee...don't you?" My distraction fails entirely. They completely ignore me and go back to having a staring contest. After about a minute, it gets boring and I step in between them, "Alright, that's enough. You guys are being really ridiculous right now. Key, he could never hurt me because I'd snap him like a twig and Chad..."

His eyes are hopeful but sadly, I have no reassuring words for him, "Chad..."I say again, "...you need help."

They end the staring contest and watch me now. I wrap my arms around Key and smile, "I think it's time for you to go." I whisper.

"Yeah, I kinda realized that already. But what about the plan?" Key asks.

I'd totally forgotten about the plan! "Oh, yeah!" I pull away from him, "But..." I take a look behind me and see Chad, "I can't do it here. Not right now, at least. You know what, ask Minho."

"Minho!?" Key shouts, "You told him before you told me!? Are you kidding me right now!?"

"Shows how far your relationship goes." Chad snorts.

Key rushes at him but I quickly hold him back, "Stop it! Both of you! Just ask Minho and get out!" I snap then push Key out of the cafe. He stands outside the window just staring at me and frowning a bit.

"I love you." He mouths.

"Love you too!" I mouth back then blow him a kiss as he stomps away. Chad sighs a long, annoying sigh then turns to me, "Well, now that he's gone, we can officially start our date. What do you say 'bout that?"

I stare off into the distance still watching as Key's outline disappears into the summer sun. I miss him already.

"Mi-Mi!" Chad snaps his fingers in my face. "Mi-Mi!"

I grab at his hand with such an intensity that I feel like I might break it. "Do. Not. Snap. In. My. Face." Then toss him his stupid hand. He stares at me for a long time, hurt filling his eyes and longing slowly taking its place.

"Mi-Sun, I just want us to work." Chad persists. "All I've ever really wanted was to be with you but you keep pushing me away!"

"Why shouldn't I!?" I yell, "You made my life a living hell and now you want to do more damage!? Why, Chad? Why do you even bother trying!? It's never going to work! You and I will never work!" I almost regret the words as they spew out of my mouth. Instantly I see a flash of hurt shadow his expression and ultimately breaks my heart. Now look what I did.

"You're right." He sighs. "I can never have you. You made it 110% clear that you and I will never be. I'm sorry I keep popping up into your life. I'm sorry I hurt you way back then. I'm sorry for wasting your time, Mi-Sun. I just...wanted to get to know you better, that's all. Make amends, clear up what's been passionately haunting me for years. You know what that is?"

I don't answer.

"It was the day I broke the heart of someone as sweet and as innocent as you. I'm so sorry." With that, he stands up and reaches down for his coffee. For some reason it's not there. Chad swears under his breath then mumbles, "Stupid son of a gun took my coffee."

I almost burst out laughing but he catches my attention again, "Goodbye, Mi-Mi. You don't have to come in tomorrow, I understand." And with that, he walks out.

Oh no... I think to myself.

Here it comes... I brace myself for what's about to happen next.

I will never forgive myself for this but...

"WAIT!" I yell while jumping out of my seat. I burst through the doors and onto the sidewalk, "Chad, wait!"

He turns around slowly and stands there with slightly slumped shoulders. "Yeah?"

"What I said back there." I pant, "What I said inside there...that wasn't me. I was just speaking out of anger! I-I never meant for you to get hurt!"

Chad scuffles over and cups my chin in the palm of his hands, "Me either. That's what I've been trying to tell you all along! I love you, Mi-Sun! I don't ever want to hurt you like that ever again." He leans in and gives me a long kiss. I kiss back willingly then look up at him. For a while, I don't see anything or anyone but us. It's kind of weird since the only time I've experienced something like that was when I was with Key. I feel myself smile at him and feel my heart skip a beat or two. Chad looks deeply into my eyes and smiles dreamily.

"Marry me." He breathes.

Without thinking I nod then answer him, "Yes! I will!"

"Really?" He beams proudly.

"Yes!" I say again.

He snatches me up with pure excitement, twirling me around for all the world to see. People standing near us give us skeptical looks until Chad screams out, "THIS WOMAN RIGHT HERE WANTS TO MARRY ME, EVERYONE! SHE JUST SAID YES!"

I laugh as I'm spun around again. Cheering and clapping sound all around us but I don't take notice. All I can see is Chad and I bet all he can see is me.

Part 1 of my Plan has just been completed.


-Musician

                                                                                                                                                                       

 

Awww, didn't that chapter just make you wanna smile! Haha then you realize it's all part of the plan and ur like "Oh shoot!"

Key being there wasn't part of the plan, he just kinda showed up lol

It kinda seemed just for a splt second that Mi-Sun really had started to develope some feelings for Chad.

What do you think?

Personally, I thought it was really cute even though I know how the story ends and things don't turn out as they seem lol.