The J.O.B.

Our SHINee vacation!

Mi-Sun's POV.

Yay! So, today's my first day of work and I'm super not excited. Hae-Ra's gotten up extra early this morning just to see me off which is good because we get a few extra minutes to talk but bad because I don't want her to see my uniform.

"C'moooon!" She groans, "Lemme see your uniform! I promise I won't make fun of you!" She coughs twice then dabs at her nose with a damp tissue.

"Eww, why won't you throw that tissue away?" I ask busily combing my hair in the mirror.

"Because I don't wanna! Now strip!"

I'm surprised at her sudden outburst and turn around to see her face. She folds her arms playfully and pouts dramatically. 

"Your aegyo is cute," I say rolling my eyes, "but I'm not putting it on in front of you. It's too embarrassing!"

"PUT-IT-ON! PUT-IT-ON!" She chants.

Ugh! You're such a baby! I think to myself.

"TAKE-IT-OFF! TAKE-IT-OFF!"

Hae-Ra quickly drags the coffee table near her and starts banging on it. 

"PUT-IT-ON! PUT-IT-"

"NO! Hae-Ra, just shut up! I'm not gonna put on my uniform, it's too...y."

She stops banging all together and stares at me with a gaping mouth, "And you're scared to put it on!? What is wrong with you, Mi-Sun!"

She stands up dramatically, pacing the floor in her long pink 'Hello Kitty' robe. "I mean, seriously! Something looks y on you and refuse to put it on!? You're so weird!"

"Oh, whatever." I mumble, "You'd refuse to put it on too if you saw it!"

Hae-Ra stops pacing and folds her arms, "Well then let me see it."

I groan loudly, slowly making my way to the bedroom when a thought hits me.

"Hae-Ra..."

"Yeah?"

"What were you telling me to take off?"

She shrugs and smiles, "Dunno...your pj's?"

I look down at my outfit then back up at her, "I'm in my underwear."

"Yep," she says mischievously, "and I'm loving every moment of it."

I roll my eyes again and head into my room.

 

                                                                      .    .    .

 

I emerge from the room with a frown on my face. 

I can't believe I'm doing this! I can't even believe I'm wearing this!

"Alright, Hae-Ra, you got me dressed up like a fool...now you get to see how I look."

She turns around and gasps loudly, "OMG. You look..."

I spin around slightly and frown, "Look....? How?"

"She smiles and shakes her head, "You look HOT! But are you sure you're supposed to go to work in that?"

"YES!" I yell, "This is the outfit I was talking about!"

Her eyes widen in shock, "WAAAAAA!! THAT'S YOUR UNIFORM!!!??? YOU LOOK AMAZING!! And inappropriate...BUT AMAZING!!!"

I could almost laugh at how excited she was but it hit me, I'm going to see the one and only jerk, Chad Richards in 30 minutes.

"Ugh, I'm so not looking forward to this..." I walk over to fridge and snatch up the milk carton.

"Mi-Sun, don't be like that." Hae-Ra sighs, "You've finally gotten a job! A J.O.B. A little more cash in your wallet-"

'-Yeah, but all that money's going to the rent we owe! You forget?" I open the carton and immediately guzzle down the milk.

"Eww." Hae-Ra cringes, "You're such a man!"

I stop drinking, let out a huge burp and smile daintily, "Thanks!"

My phone starts to buzz and I look at the screen to see who it is. "CHAD" pops up and I sigh loudly.

"I hate you!" I whisper-yell before pressing Answer.

"Hello?" 

"Why, hello, Mi-Mi."

I cringe at the disgusting way he said my name.

"What do you want? I'm on my way to work right now-"

"-No, no...take your time. Don't rush yourself. You can't rush perfection, you know."

I sigh loudly into the phone and almost hang up, "I gotta go, I'm really busy right now and I don't think-"

"-You like your new uniform, baby? I had it tailor made just for you."

A shudder runs through my body as he says this. Just listening to him disgusts me!

"Well, I don't like it." I finalize, "And stop talking like that! It's disgusting!"

Hae-Ra quickly rushes over and snatches the phone out of my hand. She puts it on speaker and listens intently. Chad gives a low chuckle then sighs, "My dear, what you say is disgusting isn't half as bad as what I'm thinking right now."

I. COULD. JUST. DIE! This loser is speaking sweet nothings into my ear thinking it's making me melt in some stupid way! Um, NO! I mean are you kidding me!? He's...Chad! Chad's a jerk! I don't like jerks!

"So, what are you thinking?" Hae-Ra asks trying to mimic my voice.

"No!" I whisper, "Don't say that!"

"Shhhhhh!" she giggles.

"Well," Chad says mischievously, "what I'm thinking right now..."

I sigh and grip Hae-Ra's hand indicating that I'm gonna kill her once I hang up the phone.

"...I think that if you came to work, I'd show you. What do you think?"

Hae-Ra let's out a silent squeal then clamps her hand over , "I'll be right over!" 

The words rush out of so fast that I have no time to think. She hangs up the phone then bursts out laughing.

"OH MY GOSH, YOU ARE SO DEAD!" She beams. "HE'S GONNA YOU!"

"SHUT UP!" I yell then chase after her in part anger part laughter.

 

- - -

 

I enter 'Tasty Richard's' upset and cursing to myself.

Why did I come here! Why am I wearing this! I look like a-

"MI-MI! So glad you made it!" In comes Chad with a large smile plastered to his face. He takes my hand slowly and brings it up to his lips. I quickly pull it away, giving a small smile, "Uh...where do I start?"

He nods then gestures for me to follow him. As we go, I take a good look around the place and gasp at how packed it is. The only problem is...there's only men here and all the waiters are waitresses. I take a good look at one and see that she's wearing the exact same outfit as me only she has bunny ears perched on her head. She walks over to a nearby table filled with fat, greasy looking men and smiles brightly, "Welcome to Tasty Richards! My name is Lizzy and I will be your Bunny today."

They all laugh while she stands there looking somewhat awkward.

"Would you like anything to drink?" She asks nervously.

"Hey look," One of the guys says, "we got us our own personal bunny!"

They burst  into laughter once more while Lizzy slowly reaches down and tugs at her shorts. One of the men grabs her hand and pulls it near to him, "No, no, no, dear! Don't you be pullin' them shorts down! The shorter they are, the better the service."

He gives her hand a slight squeeze but she pulls it away in a effort to save herself.

"Oh my gosh..." I gasp to myself.

"What's the problem, darlin'?" Chad asks.

"I'm...I'm working at Hooters..."

"I think you mean 'Tasty Richard's." He corrects but I shake my head and cover my mouth in surprise.

"C'mon, Mi-Sun, it's not that bad." Chad assures.

Suddenly, there's yelling and hollering coming from behind me. Chad and I turn around quickly to find Lizzy with an empty cup in her hand and one of the greasy bastards soaked with Beer.

"THE HELL YOU DID THAT FOR!" The man yells.

He picks up his drink, ready to throw it back on Lizzy when Chad steps in.

"ENOUGH!" he yells.

Everyone stops what they're doing and looks up at him. I'm surprised at his sudden assertiveness and watch, completely impressed as he signals for Lizzy to come over here.

"Lizzy, what happened?" he asks firmly.

Lizzy is a tall but young looking girl. Her legs make her look tall and almost overpowering but her face is gentle and kind like a baby's.

"They were trying to touch me, Sir! I was being polite as you said and taking their order like I was supposed to but they kept trying to-"

"That's enough." Chad holds up his hand to silence her. "What did we say the first time something like this occurred?"

Lizzy sighs while her shoulders slowly slump, "To forgive and forget...and that it's only business."

I'm shocked at her robotic answer and look to her then back at Chad. Oh, wow...

"That's correct. So, why are you complaining this time? Huh?"

She's silent.

"WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING, LIZ!?" He snaps.

"-I'm sorry, I just didn't want anybody to touch me and-"

"That's no excuse!" Chad fires back.

Tears well in Lizzy's eyes as she prepares herself for what's next.

"You're fired!" Chad spits.

And that's when I intervene.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Chad, what's wrong with you? Those men were trying to touch her and-"

"-Those men are customers!" He snaps.

"Um, who the hell do you think you're yelling at?" I ask.

Chad stops and looks down at his shoes, "Sorry, I was-"

"You know what, Lizzy," I say turning back to her, "Don't come back to this place...EVER. I can tell that you hate it here-I do too- so just go. Don't worry about Chad, he's being a jerk right now."

"Mi-Sun, you have no right-" Chad starts but I interrupt him again.

"Shut up! You've done enough right now, we don't need your two cents."

A small smile cracks on Lizzy's face as she slowly begins to look up. I look her in the eye and smile warmly, "You can go now."

She grins and bows about a hundred times, "Thank you. Thank you so much!" She hurries out of the restaurant while the greasy bastards at the table call after her.

"HEY!" I yell. "Get the hell out of here!"

They look up then laugh hysterically, "You think we're gonna listen to you?" One of them snorts, "You ain't the boss around here!"

I look at Chad and motion toward the dirty old men, "You guys have to go." He says blankly. "I'm gonna call the cops in a minute. You have until then to pack up your stuff and leave."

They stare at him for a long time then slowly file out, one bastard after the other. I nod happily then walk away, still angry that Chad would fire one of his employees all because she refused to get !

"Mi-Sun!" He calls, "Mi-Sun, can we just...talk about it?"

I continue walking until I see the 'Employee's Only' sign above a door we were previously headed to.

"Mi-Sun, I'm sorry you had to see that! I know that was rude of me but I didn't mean to do it. I was just so angry and-"

I spin around to face him, "-You had NO right to be mad just then! That girl was being bothered and the best you could do was fire her!? What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"I know, I know...I'm stupid for that."

"Yeah, you are."

He stops once he sees the annoyed expression on my face then sighs deeply, "Mi-Mi..." he trails off for a while. "I want us to work."

I'm somewhat taken aback at this and stay silent.

"You may not believe me but I really like you. I know I screwed up and hurt you terribly but...I wanna start over."

"Chad," I sigh, "I have Key now, so this...us...can't work."

His face turns bright red and he shakes his head, "No, you're wrong." With that, he opens the door and enters an office. It looks like the restaurant downstairs except for the its size. It's small and cozy with a small laptop placed on a desk  in front of a door. A sign is posted above it with the word 'MANAGER' printed on it. I sigh as I realize what I'm really gonna be working here for...I'm Chad's secretary.

"Chad...are you serious right now?" I sigh miserably.

"Yeah!" He beams, "You're my new secretary. I've always wanted one...and now I have one."

"But why do I have to dress like this?" I ask.

"For my amusement." He thumps me on the back then enters his office, "Oh, and I'm gonna need you to hand in those reports by 2."

I look around frantically then back at him with nervous eyes, "What report...?"

He laughs, "There's no report, Mi-Sun. I've always wanted to say that."

I frown then take a seat at my new desk. There's a tutorial on the computer flashing for me to click on it. I sigh then click START. I hate my job.

 

- - -

 

"MI-SUN! MI-SUN!"

I get up from my nap and stare at the black computer screen. The door leading to Chad's office opens and he stands there, arms folded with a bright red face.

"Well? Aren't you coming?"

I stand up quickly and rush into his office wondering what I could possibly have done now. I stand in the middle of his office and face him, "What did I do?"

"Do who?" Chad snaps.

"What?"

"What did I do...who?"

"..."

"SIR! WHAT DID I DO, SIR!" He shakes his head as he closes the door behind him, "I swear, it's like you have no home training."

I hear the sudden 'pop' of the lock clicking in place then Chad turns to me once more, "You haven't been doing your work, Mi-Sun. In my office, that's unacceptable...you need to be punished."

I roll my eyes as he takes off his jacket, "I'm sorry, I fell asleep ok?"

"Fell asleep? You didn't just fall asleep, you ignored 18 calls from very important people AND failed to accept my friend request on Facebook."

"Are you serious right now? I'm getting lectured from Chad all because I didn't accept your friend request!"

He quickly places a finger to my lips and smiles mischievously, "-Don't speak...there's no need for words. You're forgiven, that's all that matters right now." And with that he presses his lips to mine.

In my mind, I'm freaking out but physically, I don't care. For some reason, I find myself kissing him back. That is...until Key pops into my head and I fiercely push him away.

"Don't...don't touch me like that!" I yell.

"Why?" Chad asks, "Cause your little lover-boy would kill me? He's not here, Mi-Sun! Get over him! He's not coming back, you and I both know that-"

I interrupt him by swiping my hand across his face.

"Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!"

Tears sting my eyes and I quickly look away.

"Mi-Sun," Chad starts, "I'm so sorry. I didn't know what just came over me. I was just so caught up in the moment that-"

"-Whatever, you and I know that you'll never change so why bother apologize?"

"You wanna know why? Because I love you." He breathes.

I look square into his eyes remembering something I should've remembered a long time ago. The Plan.

"I...I love you too...Chad." I swallow. The words feel almost true as I say them but I push the thought away. Stay focused, Mi-Sun! You're doing this for Key. And with that, I pull Chad close to me and kiss him.

Don't worry Key, I'll get us back together...somehow...