ISSUE ⑥

Blitz Magazine

 

You learnt that whenever the big boss, Jung Yunho, pops into any one department, expect a hell of a spot check.

 

It reminded you of your elementary and high school days, when your bags were ransacked for random checks or when there were cases of theft.

 

You never expected this to happen during adulthood.

 

And you never knew spot checks could be this scary.

 

‘Hands out,’ Louise ordered and everyone obeyed, except for Jaejoong of course, who was sitting behind his desk a little too comfortably, now being entertained as he watched the spot check exercise being carried out before his sparkling eyes.

 

‘Number 1, fail,’ Louise wrote something on the notepad she had in her hands.

 

‘Number 2, borderline pass. Number 3, fail.’

 

Curious, Yunho stepped before Junsu and looked at the trembling latter’s nails.

 

‘What did you do this morning? Crawl through the mud?’ Yunho drawled when he saw that Junsu had some dirt stuck under his nails.

 

! He was scolding your colleague but you were shaking as badly as Junsu was.

 

‘Number 4, pass. Well done.’

 

You just nodded shyly.

 

Ahh, Latecomer, how’s work so far?’ Yunho was now standing before you.

 

He smelt like expensive cologne and something else entirely.

 

Dominance? Manliness?

 

You settled for the word ‘Petrifying’.

 

That was definitely it because you were shaking like you were experiencing a 10 Magnitude earthquake.

 

‘So now you’re mute as well,’ Yunho shook his head disapprovingly.

 

‘W-work’s go-good so fa-far.’

 

Really,’ Yunho stepped back to take a quick scan of you and you gulped.

 

This was the first time your head was too muddled to even think of dirty thoughts about a guy, especially a really hot one who was openly checking you out (Not in a ual way though...).

 

‘Did you gain weight?’ Yunho’s sudden question shocked you and your legs almost gave way.

 

‘You should come join us for lunch, Yunnie,’ Jaejoong suggested, ‘The amount Number 4 eats is a dead giveaway.’

 

‘I should cut the food budget then,’ Yunho said and then looked at Jaejoong, ‘You always bring up things I overlook.’

 

‘You’re welcome.’

 

‘Oh, and while you’re at it, get rid of the vending machines in the cafeteria.’

 

‘Why?’ Yunho tilted his head in question.

 

‘It makes the place look low class.’

 

‘It’s a cafeteria! The whole restaurant theme thing is so wrong!’ You blurted out and immediately covered your mouth.

 

You were so screwed.

 

‘You said something, Latecomer?’ Yunho turned slowly to face you.

 

You froze.

 

‘Number 4 doesn’t like the classiness of our cafeteria, Yunnie.’

 

Oh you and that pretty loose mouth of yours, Jaejoong!

 

‘You want a run down looking high school canteen instead?’ Yunho sounded so lethal that your legs finally gave way and you fell onto your chair.

 

‘The audacity!’ Louise ran over to hoist you forcefully up, ‘No one sits when Mr. Jung conducts this spot check!’

 

But you then looked at Jaejoong, who had his legs comfortably crossed on the desk.

 

‘Only Supervisor Kim has immunity to this,’ she said.

 

‘Tell me, Latecomer, what kind of a cafeteria should a world-renowned, multiple award winning magazine publication have?’ Yunho was now breathing down your neck.

 

You would have appreciated this ‘intimacy’ if only Yunho didn’t have that murderous look in his eyes.

 

‘Yunnie, don’t harass my staff like that!’ Jaejoong pouted.

 

At those words, Yunho signaled for Louise to follow him out after announcing, ‘Work hard, everyone. And don’t let me catch you slacking, or I’ll be sure that you’ll die a slow and painful death.’

 

Jaejoong, you gorgeous lifesaver.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Jaejoong, why am I following you to the budget meeting?’ You asked while holding onto Jaejoong’s MacBook Air, two sets of meeting notes, a whole bucket full of stationery and your notebook.

 

‘If you haven’t noticed, I do not have an assistant.’

 

‘You have 4 of them.’

 

‘No, I mean personal assistant. Like a secretary.’

 

‘No difference really, you still have 4 of them.’

 

‘Am I really that cruel?’ Jaejoong gave an angry huff.

 

‘Just domineering.’

 

‘I dare you to say that in Yunnie’s face.’

 

‘I’m a ing chicken when he’s in my presence.’

 

So true. You were totally pissing in your pants this morning,’ Jaejoong laughed evilly.

 

‘Oh, shut up. I bet you once were like me.’

 

‘Never, Number 4. Never. Kim Jaejoong fears and bows to no one.’

 

‘You’re not the boss. So you are basically bowing to people 10 ranks higher than you.’

 

‘Correction, it’s a total of 12 ranks difference from my current position to Yunnie’s. Yes, I’m not the boss, but no one messes around with me. Pay close attention to what happens in the meeting later.’

 

‘This is more of a field trip than me being your assistant during the meeting right?’

 

‘Correction, you’re posing as my assistant.’

 

‘Sounds fun.’

 

‘Definitely.’

 

The lift door opened at the top floor and you were greeted by 2 security personnels who did a petting down on the both of you for concealed weapons.

 

‘Seriously?’ You asked Jaejoong after the search was done.

 

‘There was a suicide bomber who once came into Yunho’s office.’

 

‘I’m not surprised about someone wanting to blast Yunho into nothingness,’ you shrugged.

 

‘Care to repeat that?’ A spine chilling voice came from behind you.

 

your life.

 

‘Nope,’ you squeaked and you knew better than to turn around, so you didn’t.

 

‘Jaejoong, there’s a transfer form in my tray for Latecomer. You can go grab it if you think you can no longer handle this… employee,’ somehow, you felt the word ‘employee’ was masking a word on a much vulgar scale.

 

‘Where would Number 4 be transferred to if I signed it?’

 

‘Cleaning Department.’  

 

‘Specifically?’

 

‘Toilet attendant.’

 

‘Jaejoong, please, don’t sign it!’ You went onto your knees.

 

‘I won’t,’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘Thank you!’ You got up and bowed.

 

‘At least, not yet.’

 

Well, that’s Jaejoong for you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The meeting started at 2.38pm and you knew better than to roll your eyes at this.

 

It was distracting having Jaejoong sitting on your left and Yoochun seated on your right.

 

You felt weird because the sitting arrangement at the long meeting desk was absolutely screwed up.

 

Usually, the people sitting at the front few seats were the highest ranking people, like the Creative Director, who was second in rank behind Yunho, the Editor in Chief, and Yoochun, who was third in rank as he was the Lifestyle Director.

 

And Yoochun was seated on your right, meaning that both Jaejoong and yourself were of higher rank than him.

 

Awkward.

 

So was this the power that your department head was talking about in the lift earlier?

 

Time would only tell.

 

‘I’m so sorry, Mr. Jung!’ a flustered looking Changmin entered the meeting room.

 

‘You’re late, you know that right?’ Yunho didn’t even bother to look up from his laptop to acknowledge Changmin’s presence.

 

‘I know I’m late, but there was an argument that broke out in the cafeteria and I had to resolve it.’

 

‘Give me the names of those troublemakers and I’ll deal with them later. This doesn’t change the fact that you’re still late, Senior Editor.’

 

‘Yes, and I’ll accept all consequences,’ Changmin bowed in apology at Yunho.

 

‘Don’t be surprised if you don’t get your pay cheque this month, Yunho stood up and adjusted his tie.

 

Oh my Gawd.

 

Just coming in late because you stopped a fight takes away your entire month’s salary?

 

You mentally noted to mind your own business in the future.

 

‘Yunnie, that’s too harsh,’ that sickeningly sweet voice of Jaejoong’s resounding throughout the entire room.

 

That voice.

 

.

 

He should totally do phone .

 

And that thought almost made you in your pants.

 

There was utter silence in the room, all eyes on the fearsome Yunho who seemed to be thinking over what Jaejoong said.

 

‘I was just…... pulling your leg, Changmin,’ Yunho stated, ‘Let’s get on with the meeting.’

 

More like pulling off poor Changmin’s leg…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

COMMENTS PLEASE???