ISSUE ㊺

Blitz Magazine

 

 

You thought you would never have to step into Blitz’s building ever again and ironically, you were now in it.  

 

Yunho had summoned Jaejoong and yourself into his office on an early Saturday morning stating that he had extremely important news to break to you both that would in turn, greatly concern the future of the whole magazine.

 

‘Is this the thing you were referring to back in Issue 43?’ Jaejoong asked.

 

Yunho nodded, ‘Sit down, you two.’

 

‘Mr. Jung, I’m already fired, so please do enlighten me about how this thing you’re about to tell us somehow concerns me?’ You asked with a confused look on your face. 

 

‘This is good news for us three.’ Yunho managed a smile, ‘I am stepping down.’

 

‘Don’t around with me,’ Jaejoong frowned.

 

‘I’m serious here, Jaejoong,’ Yunho said firmly, ‘I’m going to transfer myself to the Finance and Marketing Department. And you, Jaejoong, will take over Blitz.’

 

You gaped and looked at Jaejoong, ‘I guess… congrats?’

 

Jaejoong was still stunned, ‘Are you sure?’

 

Yunho nodded, ‘Of course. I thought hard about what you said about having time to myself… So with my new job position, I will clock in lesser hours in the office, giving me time for both myself and the kiddo at home.’

 

You smiled and nodded in agreement, ‘Sumire would be so thrilled when she hears this.’

 

Yunho managed a small smile.

 

‘And so,’ Yunho’s focus was now on you, ‘You will become Jaejoong’s PA.’

 

Personal Assistant?’ You gaped.

 

‘I’m sure Jaejoong trusts no one but you for this job.’

 

You thought for a while.

 

‘Isn’t it like being a secretary?’ You questioned.

 

‘If you don’t mind, Jaejoong, I wish for Louise to guide you accordingly for the first few months.’ Yunho then turned to you, ‘Latecomer, PAs and secretaries are very different. All the high-ranking staff has at least one PA. They run around doing odd jobs while the secretaries stick to their desks all day doing admin work. However, for fashion PAs, they aid their bosses on things such as projects and research. And I must say, being a fashion PA does have its perks, depending on who you're under.'

 

‘Why?’ You asked.

 

‘Because here in Blitz, they way they treat you would be how they would treat your boss. Well… I’m sure you get the flow.’ Yunho chuckled.

 

So… I’m gonna be powerful?’ You couldn’t help but smirk.

 

‘Yes, and I take it that you’re accepting the job?’ Yunho looked at you.

 

You looked at Jaejoong, who simply shrugged at you.

 

‘I’ll do anything, as long as I can work with Jaejoong again.’ You beamed.

 

Yunho stood up and held a hand out to you, ‘Welcome back to Blitz, Latecomer.’

 

You got up and shook his hand, ‘Glad to be back.’

 


 

Word spread fast and the next day when you walked into the Wardrobe, all your old colleagues rushed towards you and showered you with hugs and friendly kisses, welcoming you back and congratulating you on your ‘promotion’.

 

‘Thank, guys! And I missed you all too,’ you gushed at all the attention.

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat and everyone looked towards the entrance.

 

‘Do we still call you Jaejoong?’ Number 1 had to clarify.

 

Of course,’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes, ‘And everyone, we’re all going to be moving everything out of the 20th floor to the 25th floor temporarily because I have already arranged a major makeover for our department. It’s not fabulous enough as it is for an Editor-in-Chief to work in.’

 

You laughed.

 

‘Now get your lazy asses moving, the interior designers will be here in 3 hours.’ Jaejoong drawled.

 

‘3 hours is not enough,’ you groaned.

 

‘Go steal people from other departments then,’ Jaejoong walked out of the department.

 

‘Where the are you going!? Aren’t you going to help!?’ You cried.

 

‘And ruin my gorgeous suit? No way in hell!’ Jaejoong waved and got into the lift.

 

You flipped him off and dialed Yoochun’s number.

 

‘Greetings, 4! Oh, and congrats! What can I do for you this morning?’ Yoochun bubbled.

 

‘Good morning, Yoochun. Erm... I need help moving stuff out and I’m short of hands here.’

 

‘No problem, I’ll send some people down.’

 

And some people meant staff members.

 

You laughed at Yoochun’s understatement.

 


 

After 2 weeks, the renovations were complete and although no extensions were being made, the place seemed to have doubled in size.

 

‘Whoa,’ everyone’s mouths were hanging wide open at the stylish new workplace.

 

‘You’re not paid to gape,’ Jaejoong stated, ‘Just so you know, I was kind enough to hire help last night to shift everything back to the corresponding closets. You slaves can take some time to familiarise yourselves in this foreign place. Kimchi, in the office now.’

 

Damn,’ you said when you entered Jaejoong’s extremely elegant personal office, ‘One way windows?’

 

‘For precautionary measures, such as now,’ Jaejoong hugged you and placed a chaste yet sweet kiss on your lips.

 

You blushed, ‘Stop it.’

 

Jaejoong pouted and let you go, ‘Well, we’ve got loads to be done.’

 

Like?’ You asked.

 

‘Writing,’ Jaejoong beamed as he waved style sheets in his hands.

 

You frowned. 

 

‘Lazy?’ Jaejoong laughed and pushed all the necessary information needed for the article towards you.

 

You grabbed a seat across his desk, ‘Yeah.’

 

Jaejoong handed you his laptop and you sighed while you switched it on.

 

‘Isn’t this a weird sitting arrangement to do work?’ You gestured at the fact that you had to share a work desk with Jaejoong.

 

‘You enjoy ogling at my perfection and I love staring at your double chin, so what’s there to complain?’ Jaejoong leaned back in his chair with an annoying smirk on his face.

 

‘I do not have a double chin!’ You retaliated.

 

‘Just kidding, Kimchi. Allow me to rephrase my sentence… I love staring at your chest.’

 

‘SHUT UP!’ You blushed and got to work.

 


 

You stared hard into your clothes cupboard the next morning while getting ready for work. 

 

You pulled out a blouse but put it back a few seconds later.

 

You bit your lower lip and shook your head when you almost grabbed a tee shirt out of habit.

 

‘For once, you took longer than me to dress for work,’ Jaejoong chuckled as he came out of his massive walk in wardrobe and came to stand beside you.

 

‘I know…I just…I suddenly feel underdressed for work if I were to dress like I usually do.’ You admitted.

 

‘You only realised that now?’ Jaejoong smirked.

 

‘Thanks a lot,’ you slapped your fiancé’s arm in mock anger and channeled all your focus back onto your pathetic collection of clothes that paled in comparison to Jaejoong’s.

 

‘What’s so difficult?’ Jaejoong pushed you aside lightly and pulled out a plain top and jeans, ‘Isn’t this what you always wear?’

 

‘That’s the problem.’

 

Jaejoong frowned, ‘Everyone knows your style by now, so why worry?’

 

‘I… I feel like I’m throwing your face down the drain.’ You looked away in shame.

 

‘You think I’m ashamed to be seen with you?’ Jaejoong questioned with furrowed brows.

 

You nodded slowly, ‘I mean…I’m so…shabbily dressed and you’re all-fabulous and stuff. Don’t you feel that I’m making you lose face in front of everyone? It’s even worse now that you’re the Editor-in-Chief.’

 

Jaejoong sighed, told you to get dressed like how you usually do and walked back into his closet.

 

He reappeared a few minutes later.

 

‘You just need to add a tiny bit of stuff to…appear less shabby.’ Jaejoong helped you into a vest and put on a statement necklace on your neck, ‘Done. You’re all dolled up now, let’s go.’

 

You stared in the mirror, ‘Whoa, that simple?’

 

Jaejoong hummed in agreement, ‘I don’t ing care even if you wear rags to work, Kimchi. The quality of work you produce is all that matters.’

 

You smiled gratefully, ‘Thank you.’

 

Jaejoong kissed your forehead, ‘It would be even better if you just wore your night wear to work.’

 

ERT!’ You pushed Jaejoong off you.

 

A chuckling Jaejoong reached out for your hand and led you both out of the apartment to get to work.

 


 

COMMENTS PLEASE?

(And if you want to ask or talk to a certain character, you can do so in this format: 

To Jaejoong: Can you eat more?

100% guarantee that you'll be replied- I swear on my collection of Pokemon cards.)