ISSUE ⑱.5

Blitz Magazine

Hey people!

I know the previous chapter was Issue 19, but this was just written by me a few hours ago as a continuation to Issue 18. 

This special chapter is dedicated to yuuraa, who wanted to know what happened to the moron who knocked off the tail light of Number 4's car, *laughs. 

Of course justice will be served... and it kinda went overboard, but you can't blame Jaejoong and Number 4 because they're just extremely passionate people, *evil laughs. 

I have been a really BAD STUDENT, writing instead of doing my assignments.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

‘Call me superstitious, but I wouldn’t want to continue driving a car that was involved in an accident,’ Jaejoong took a quick look at your car’s damaged tail light before shooting it a disgusted look.

 

‘Says the person who can easily afford to buy another car - a sports car, to be exact,’ you rolled your eyes.

 

Jaejoong simply laughed and got into your front passenger’s seat.

 

‘I thought you were against banged up cars?’ You challenged as you got into your driver’s seat and put the seatbelt on.

 

‘I decided to take a risk,’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘Thanks for trusting my driving skills,’ you muttered and drove off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You managed to get the driver’s name and identification number from the policeman at the police station after supplying the car plate’s number in which you miraculously remembered by heart.

 

‘How convenient,’ Jaejoong smiled on the way to the car wrecker’s office, ‘He owns our rival magazine.’

 

You grinned, ‘Aren’t all magazines our rivals?’

 

‘No, not every magazine can compete at our level,’ Jaejoong said smugly, ‘Only Change can.’

 

Change was Blitz’s number one rival when it came to competing for the title of South Korea’s magazine of the year. It was a fashion magazine led by one of Jaejoong’s ex-university schoolmates, a guy who went by the ‘alias’ of Radical.

 

Needless to say, this Radical dude was also Jaejoong’s rival in school. The two of them were experts in the field of Fashion, outdoing each other when it came to grades, what clothes they wore and expressing their individuality. 

 

Even though Radical was in the Fashion Journalism course back in university while Jaejoong did a double degree in Journalism and Fashion Trend Forecasting, the two of them shook the foundations of the Fashion faculty, throwing fits at each other which supplied an endless source of entertainment for others in school.

 

Upon graduation, Radical started his own magazine and it boomed over the years. Even though it doesn’t have as big a following as Blitz, its content was definitely worth raving about, which was why it was annually nominated for Magazine of the year since 3 years ago.

 

Jaejoong wasn’t afraid to admit that he found Radical admirable, being able to build up his own magazine from scratch and for consistently evolving into a stronger and reliable source for the Fashion conscious.

 

It was an extremely small world as this very same talented guy was the moron who trashed your car's tail light.  

 

‘Haven’t fought with him in such a long time,’ Jaejoong started to giggle like a drunk, ‘Hope I haven’t lost touch.’

 

You gave a dry laugh as you parked your car at the roadside, got out and dropped coins into the parking meter.

 

Jaejoong seemed to be familiar with Change’s building so you decided to just follow behind him.

 

‘Do you have an appointment?’ The pretty receptionist at the front desk on the ground floor asked when you and Jaejoong stood before her.

 

‘We don’t need an appointment, we demand compensation.' Jaejoong answered before you could.

 

You looked expectantly at the receptionist.

 

‘Compensation, sir?’ She asked confusedly.

 

‘Your boss destroyed my employee’s car so it’s only fair that he pays for the damages, right?’ Jaejoong replied.

 

‘That is true, sir. Please hold on while I contact the Editor in Chief.’ The receptionist picked up the phone and pressed a button.

 

‘You were exaggerating,’ you whispered to Jaejoong.

 

‘Was not,’ Jaejoong smiled sweetly at you before looking back at the receptionist on the phone.

 

‘Sir, a person at the reception is demanding for a compensation stating that you damaged his employee's car……. May I have your name please?’ She looked up at Jaejoong. 

 

‘Kim Jaejoong, and tell your boss that yes, it’s the same fabulous Jaejoong from his college days.’ Jaejoong replied.

 

She nodded quickly, ‘The man’s name is Kim Jae- …… Yes sir, the same one from your college days.’

 

You tried your best to silence your laughter.

 

The receptionist put down the phone and looked at the two of you, ‘The Editor in Chief will be down shortly, please hold on.’

 

‘Sure,’ Jaejoong then turned to you, ‘He even leaves his throne to receive us.’

 

You smiled, ‘Can’t wait to see him again.'

 

A few minutes later, you spotted that familiar lanky and slim man with wild red spiked hair walking briskly towards you. 

 

Ahh, you’re the who blocked the highway just because of a spoilt bulb.’ The red head then smirked when he saw Jaejoong, ‘It’s only natural that es of the same fur gang up together.’

 

‘At least I have fur, you feathered cockerel,’ Jaejoong drawled, stepping forward to challenge the car wrecker.

 

‘Haven’t seen you in a long time, ,’ Radical’s smirk became wider.

 

‘It’s not like as if I came to have a friendly banter,’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes, ‘Let’s get to business, replace her car.’

 

‘Nonsense! It’s just a tail light and besides, I’m not fully to be blamed, she was driving too close to the edge of the lane.’

 

‘I wasn’t!’ You defended.

 

Liar, bet you’re a newbie driver.’ Radical scoffed.

 

‘I have been driving for 3 years already, thank you very much,’ you sulked.

 

‘You mean 3 years since you got your license right? I’m sure you hardly drive, I mean, who would want to be caught dead driving such a crappy piece of junk metal? You should thank me instead for trashing your car. You work for Blitz right? I bet they pay you loads, so just go and get a new ride for Reptile skins’ sake,’ Radical rolled his eyes.

 

Excuse me? My car isn’t crappy, it’s functional and serves its primary purpose extremely well, which is to simply get me from one place to another. I don’t need a new car from you, just pay for my damaged tail light.’

 

No way. My car’s scratched too so it’s fair since we both suffered damages. Case settled, I’m leaving.’ Radical turned around, ready to head towards the elevators.

 

You gaped.

 

‘You don’t want to pay up!? Fine! I’ll make sure justice is served even without you forking out a cent for compensation!’ Jaejoong closed his fingers around your wrist and dragged you towards the lift lobby.

 

You confusedly followed Jaejoong into one of the lifts.

 

‘Where the hell do you think you’re going?’ Radical asked angrily, ‘This is trespassing!’

 

‘We’re just going to the carpark. Byeeeeee!’ Jaejoong smiled as the lift doors closed in Radical’s face. 

 

‘Carpark?’ You repeated.

 

‘Yeah.’

 

‘Why?’

 

You’ll see.’ Jaejoong pulled you into a side hug, ‘What car does Cockerel drive?’

 

You presumed that he was referring to Radical, so you replied, ‘Red Maserati.’

 

‘Ha! I beat him as usual! I own both a red Ferrari and red Lamborghini,’ Jaejoong laughed haughtily.

 

You simply smiled, ‘It’s there!’

 

Jaejoong looked at the direction in which you were pointing at and smirked.

 

‘Stay here,’ Jaejoong patted your arm and walked briskly towards a wall with a bin against it.

 

Your eyes went wide when Jaejoong grabbed the metal bin and approached Radical’s car.

 

‘Don’t tell me you’re going to do what I think you’re about to-’

 

Jaejoong smashed the Maserati’s tail light and the car started to alarm, the sound echoing off the walls of the large basement carpark.

 

‘ing Gawd,’ you gaped when Jaejoong swung the slightly dented bin at the back window, smashing it with ease.

 

‘This work of art must be balanced,’ Jaejoong walked to the front of the car and destroyed its front window as well.

 

You were still wondering whether you should be laughing or crying.

 

‘I should have brought along an axe or something,’ Jaejoong tossed the trashed trash bin aside and gestured for you to leave the area.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘I’m not dreaming right?’ You pulled Jaejoong downwards so your lips met his soft ones in a chaste kiss, ‘No, I’m not.’

 

Jaejoong smirked, ‘It’s all yours.’

 

There was a shiny black Land Rover parked at the roadside in front of your block of apartment flats.

 

‘Why?’ You asked.

 

‘I can’t have my lover zipping around town in a crappy car.’

 

‘You ing bought me a car!’ You jumped, ‘I totally scrap the times when I called you a cheapo.’

 

‘Correction, it belonged to Blitz because after a product shoot, the car company didn’t want it back. Since it was collecting dust, I decided to just smuggle it out to give it to you.’

 

‘I don’t know whether to strangle you or kiss you senseless.’ You groaned.

 

‘None,’ Jaejoong replied, ‘I just want to go shopping. Come along now.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~