ISSUE ㊱

Blitz Magazine

 

 

‘Write to me,’ Jaejoong gave you a warm smile after breaking the rather long hug.   

 

‘Can’t I just email you?’ You asked sadly. 

 

‘Hand written letters are words from the heart… you’ll know just how powerful they are once you write or receive them… Any other forms of writing or communication will not be accepted, unless it’s work related.’ Jaejoong replied before waving goodbye to you. 

 

You sulked and waved back.

 

‘BYE, JAEJOONG!’ Sumire started to tear.

 

‘I’ll webcam you during the weekends, Sumire, so don’t cry.’ Jaejoong pouted.

 

The !?’ You mouthed the words because Yunho and Sumire were around and after the last incident, you had learnt your lesson. 

 

When Jaejoong finally disappeared from sight, you joined Sumire on the floor outside of the departure hall, not giving a about what the others thought as the two of you were crying like as if someone died.

 

‘Can’t you two cry elsewhere?’ Yunho frowned as he dragged the both of you up by the arms and led the way towards the carpark.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You took a deep breath before you began.

 

‘I am going to make some changes around here.’ You stated, ‘Since I have been here for more than a year and have seen everyone at work before, I will reassign duties and responsibilities to maximise work efficiency and effectiveness. Therefore, Number 1, you will be in charge of all inventory and sample checks and data entries. Number 2, you will complete all pick up and drop off duties, be it within the country or overseas. Number 3, being the stand in Senior Fashion Assistant, you will be liaising with the fashion and styling team on garments, items or props they need for photoshoots and together with Number 2, you both will prepare everything needed. Number 5, you will be in charge of price and location tracking for every single clothing, accessory and beauty product we feature in the magazine. Questions?’

 

‘You will be informing me of duties to be done then I will assign them out right?’ Number 3 looked at you.

 

‘Not everyday though,’ you replied, ‘Like I mentioned earlier, you will be the one liaising with the Fashion Department, so you’ll be fulfilling their requests and orders by assigning duties out to the rest here.’

 

She nodded, ‘Noted.’

 

‘Good. You guys can get to work now. Junsu, styling room now.’ You beckoned the platinum blonde into the room behind your new desk.

 

Junsu closed the door behind him and looked at you, ‘What’s up?’

 

‘I’ve read though the whole list of duties we have to take over from Jaejoong which were stated in detail last night,’ you sighed, ‘You need to help me out in the main photoshoot planning.’

 

‘Photoshoot planning? I thought that’s the work of the Styling Team?’ Junsu asked.

 

‘Jaejoong’s in charge of the main one, but unfortunately even during his absence, we have to carry on with this responsibility.’

 

‘But must it really be the main magazine spread!?’ Junsu shrieked, ‘I don’t want to screw up the biggest article in the magazine…’

 

‘Me neither and that’s why I asked for your help. I’m clueless about whatever latest trend and stuff, so with your impeccable taste, we’ll be able to pull off something explosive, and I mean in a positive way.’ You sighed again.

 

Okay…’ you didn’t like how hesitant Junsu sounded.

 

‘Look, I already have the cheat sheets,’ you handed Junsu a thick file of trend analysis done by Jaejoong, ‘We just need to style them properly and think of a concept for the shoot.’

 

Ahh,’ Junsu smiled as he studied though the file, ‘Now I feel so much better. Don’t worry, with this, we’ll knock the higher ups out during the photoshoot proposal meeting.’

 

‘In a positive way.’ Junsu and you added in unison and began laughing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After 2 nights of being sleep deprived, Junsu and you managed to come up with a solid concept for the main photoshoot.

 

‘Thank you, Styling team,’ Yoochun smiled, ‘All the proposals are accepted, good job.’

 

The team bowed and went back to their seats after their presentation.

 

‘Junsu and 4, you guys are up next,’ Yoochun smiled at you both.

 

You uttered a silent prayer to the Fashion-Gawd-Jaejoong before tugging on the arm of a shivering Junsu to head up front to start on your presentation.

 

‘Good morning, everyone. We’re going to propose our photoshoot concept for June issue’s main fashion spread. We are going to have a 21 page-’

 

‘Why 21?’ Yoochun cut in.

 

‘I know it’s usually about 12 to 16 pages but we’re doing this 10 featured brands thing so the first page is the introduction and the next 20 will be the photoshoots, where each brand will have 2 pages each.’ You explained.

 

‘That’s kinda unfair,’ the head Stylist commented and the rest of her team nodded in (blind) agreement.

 

‘Care to explain why this is seemingly ‘unfair’?’ Yoochun looked at you and Junsu.

 

‘Since this is supposedly a purely photoshoot proposal meeting, we omitted the explanation of an important element which contributed to this concept.’ Junsu stepped in, ‘We plan to put the article on which brands to take notice of this season before the main photoshoot spread, so surely this justifies why those brands deserve the spotlight right?’

 

You smiled at Junsu.

 

‘Fair enough,’ Yoochun gestured for you both to carry on.

 

‘We’re working on contrasting backgrounds against our featured garment and items.’ You explained as you started the slideshow, showing the collection of clothes and accessories that were going to be used for the photoshoot.

 

‘Where would the shoot take place?’

 

‘We were thinking of old railways and the countryside.’ Junsu chipped in.

 

‘What’s the connection between the quiet and boring locations and the ridiculously loud garments?’ The Head Stylist scoffed.

 

You were about to clarify when Yunho finally broke his hour-long silence.

 

Apparently, your jealousy has clouded your ability to comprehend what had been previously covered by Latecomer and Stylist Kim,’ Yunho drawled, ‘ ‘Contrast’ is their concept.’

 

You nodded, ‘That’s right.’

 

‘It’s common nowadays that there’s no link between products and locations.’ Yunho commented, ‘If you and your team are going to continue being childish little pricks, I hereby request that you all leave before I scrape all your approved proposals and make you redo them because they don't have a 'link' either.’

 

The team fell silent.

 

‘Can I like hug you for saving our asses just now?’ You joked with Yunho after the meeting.

 

‘Why don't you try and see what happens,’ Yunho gave you an unimpressed look before switching off the projector.

 

‘I’ll do just that.’ You taunted but ran off in fear the second Yunho shot you a dead scary glare.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Draft 12

 

 

Jaejoong,

 

Writing a letter is ing hard.

 

And as you can see at the top left hand corner of this piece of junk, I am keeping track of how many attempts it would take before I can write a proper one to you.

 

Life , not lying.

 

I’m not going to spill cheesy lines about how I can’t live without you here, how much I miss your fits and- oh, I just did.

 

.

 

Anyway, I hope you can read my handwriting because I haven’t done any real writing in years because everything’s just done electronically nowadays.

 

I actually miss this feeling… really.

 

Jaejoong, how are you in New York?

 

It’s been a week since you left for that faraway country and all of a sudden, I feel so lonely and scared here in the Wardrobe.

 

Now I can understand just how powerful your presence and authority is in Blitz…

 

You know… I can’t explain this feeling… it’s like as if everyone’s got knives behind their backs and that I could get stabbed at any second.

 

Number 3’s been giving me . She’s always harassing me, asking if her work’s good enough, if she’s assigning jobs fairly to the others, if she’s working hard enough towards a promotion.

 

I want to yell in her face to tell her to 'SHUT THE UP' like the way you do but I don’t know why… something always holds me back.

 

The Styling team’s against me, especially the head.

 

She’s always arguing with me about how her idea’s better when in the first place, it’s my own assigned project to work on. She always tries to change stuff here and there just to prove that she’s capable of improvising and showing off her so called 15 years of experience in the fashion industry.

 

Oh you, woman! Stop pushing my buttons because I’m so gonna get you one day. 

 

I’m sorry for whining like an annoying self-centered because I bet that’s what you want to hear the least since you’re already so loaded with work over where you are, busy setting up a whole new magazine on behalf of Blitz.

 

Jaejoong, I’m so proud of you.

 

Oh, and don’t worry about me. Even though it seems like everyone in the Fashion Department is against the Wardrobe right now, I will be strong for our department.

 

Are you eating properly, Jaejoong? And I don’t mean just munching on measly fruits and vegetables, even though you think that’s substantial enough for your body. You’re already so slim, bordering on underweight in my opinion, so you should get some fats in your system.

 

Just spoil yourself one day and eat a hotdog or something… I have attached the name card of a really good pizza place behind this letter. I went to NYC for my 4 months college internship and always ate there at least twice a week. It's real cheap and good. Hope the shop's still there. 

 

Don’t stay up too late, Jaejoong, you’ll ruin your perfect face with eye bags and dark circles.

 

Please don’t torture Changmin, he’s now your superior after all. I know you don't care about ranks and stuff, because in your own ed up opinion, you’re always above everyone else. But you both are probably suffering from the same level of stress to meet high expectations and do your best for Blitz, so could you please be a little more tolerating of others?

 

Oh, and don’t go after Yunho either. He’s been a real dear, sticking up for me, Junsu and the rest of the Wardrobe. I don’t know what I’ll do without him.

 

Am I too long winded?

 

If that's so, I’m so very sorry.

 

This morning, I unconsciously reached out to you with my eyes still closed… thinking that you were sleeping cutely beside me, muttering nonsense in your sleep but adorable nonetheless…

 

I kept on trying and when I turned my head to the right… you weren’t there and then I finally realised… you had already left a week earlier…

 

I broke down in tears and was late for work because I just couldn’t stop crying.

 

I had to wear shades to work to cover up my puffy eyes. I lied to the rest that I was having a sore eye to keep them on.

 

I am so pathetic.

 

Jaejoong, I miss and love you so much.

 

Is it so wrong that I have to stare for hours at your picture on my phone before I can finally find solace and drift off into slumberland? 

 

 

With all my love,

Kimchi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~