ISSUE ⑪

Blitz Magazine

 

 

Sims says: This feels like Season 2 of Blitz Magazine (*laughs), because Issue 10 was supposed to be the ending, or rather, the season finale. Damn, I’ve been watching too many dramas.

Due to comments I have received last night on wanting to give Yunho a bigger part, this shall be done. Number 4 will still be my main character of course, but you guys will have the privilege to know get to know Yunho better and see how he lives life.

 

Some facts to share before I begin 'Season 2' of Blitz.

 

Jaejoong

- When Jaejoong states that he is ‘going shopping’ and it occurs during work hours, it doesn’t exactly mean he is slacking. It is his job to survey around boutiques to look for inspiration and find new designers/brands to feature. However, this doesn’t mean he is working 100% of the time during such trips because he does retail therapy at the same time.

Yunho

- He is somewhat like a Gawd who is omnipresent and knows/notices stuff way beyond others do. Do you guys remember that he was the one who placed Number 4 in Jaejoong’s department even though she was clearly a really good writer? Yes, he is that pro.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘You’ll be fine,’ you partially lied to yourself in the mirror while you tamed combed your hair.

 

Jaejoong was going to leave all the dirty work to you by giving you a chance to make him interested in wanting to start a relationship with you.

 

You had never been on a date with anyone in your life so you sure as hell didn’t know how to plan one.

 

You had spent the entire night after work when you came home, which was 10pm, till the early morning of 3am, surfing the internet on ‘How to plan a good date’.

 

It was all sappy crap that appeared in dramas on the television and you knew Jaejoong wasn’t someone who bought crap, both figuratively and literally (he only goes for brands and exclusively wears designer), so you had to personally wreck your brains to come up with something out of the ordinary.

 

‘Good evening, is this Mr. Jung on the line?’ You called.

 

Puh-lease, this is after work hours,’ you could almost see Yunho grinning on the other side of the phone.

 

‘Sorry, Yunho. I was wondering if you could erm… pull some strings tomorrow to allow me to bring Jaejoong on our first date.’

 

‘First date huh,’ you heard typing in the background.

 

‘Yes,’ you waited apprehensively.

 

‘Allow me to read to you Jaejoong’s schedule for tomorrow. He has a fashion show to get to at 11am, plan style sheets for next month’s issue, 12 outstanding articles to edit and attend a charity ball for Blitz as one of our company’s representatives at 6pm.’

 

‘You hacked into his schedule? So that means, I can’t ask him out?’

 

‘No, it’s not called hacking. It’s called being the boss. And that gives me access to everything in the company. And again, being the boss, I hereby allow you to go on your first date with Jaejoong.’

 

‘But what about Jaejoong’s schedule?’

 

‘I’ll complete them on his behalf. I do have to take responsibility for my actions right?’

 

‘I can’t imagine the faces of Number 1, 2, and 3 when you spend tomorrow working at Jaejoong’s desk,’ you started to giggle, ‘Damn, I feel like ditching Jaejoong to go to work tomorrow, just to see what goes down.’

 

Yunho laughed, ‘It won’t be pretty, I assure you. Anyway, good luck with the date planning.’

 

‘Thanks, Yunho. W-wait, how did you know I was still planning it?’

 

‘Because Jaejoong didn’t tell me about this date, which means that you haven’t asked him out yet.’

 

‘He ing tells you everything that goes on in his life?’

 

‘Yes, it’s really addictive actually. But saddening too… makes me feel that my life lacks colours.’

 

‘Of course it does, you ing dress in black all the time.’

 

‘My stylist says it looks slimming on me.’

 

‘Your stylist is scared less to say anything bad about you.’

 

‘Black doesn’t look good on me?’

 

‘It does but - ’

 

‘I was about to fire my stylist… Anyway, no fast amusement park rides, Jaejoong especially hates rollercoasters.’

 

‘He’s scared?’ You plotted secretly.

 

‘It gets his hair messy.’

 

You rolled your eyes.

 

‘No night market trips either, it’s smelly.’

 

‘The food there is heavenly.’

 

‘Because of all the oil and seasonings involved. And tell me, what does Jaejoong eat?’

 

Salads,’ you winced, ‘Okay, okay. No amusement parks and no night markets.’

 

‘I’m helping you, so please sound the least bit grateful.’

 

‘Thank you, Yunho. I’m even bowing, only that you can’t see it.’

 

‘Accepted. Oh, and please, please, please do not bring him anyway near shopping centres. He loves it so much that he’ll neglect you, and kill your bank account.’

 

‘And so, in conclusion, I have to find someplace exciting enough without speed, distractions and food.’

 

‘Correct.’

 

‘I just lost interest in wanting to date him now.’

 

‘That’s not the Latecomer I know. You’re stronger than this.’

 

You sighed and spoke, ‘Thanks for everything, Yunho. I’ll think of something now.’

 

‘And I’ll go tell Jaejoong that he doesn’t need to go to work tomorrow.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The dress code was smart casual.

 

Simple white tank top, check.

 

Boyfriend-fit blazer, check.

 

Jeans, check.

 

Converse sneakers, check.

 

Wallet, definitely, and just in case. I mean, he literally the life out of the company’s credit card so you probably need to pay for this date 100%.

 

You sat down on the bench and played around with the tassels on your sling bag.

 

‘Number 4!’ an angelic voice called out.

 

This would probably sound ing cheesy but the sunlight was shining behind him so he approached you like some ethereal being.

 

‘I don’t want to die yet,’ you muttered.

 

Jaejoong snapped his fingers in front of your face to wake you up from your reverie.

 

‘Oh, thank Gawd, it’s you,’ you heaved a great sigh of relief.

 

He was dressed in a white oversized knitted sweater with a checkered collared shirt worn on the inside, which made him look so totally squishable. He had tapered pants that came to his ankles and black loafers on.

 

‘You were expecting someone else?’ Jaejoong asked with his head tilted adorably to one side.

 

Awww...

 

‘N-no, just thought you were here to bring me to the afterlife just now,’ you confessed, ‘Anyway, the train will be here in 5 minutes or so, so just sit down.’

 

‘Okay,’ Jaejoong took a seat beside you on the bench.

 

‘Any guesses as to where we are going?’

 

‘No. But that’s good.’

 

‘So far so good,’ you thought.

 

‘To be honest, my expectations aren’t that high, so don’t try too hard to impress me, okay?’ Jaejoong looked at you.

 

You nodded slowly, taking in his words.

 

‘At least we’re going out of the city,’ Jaejoong mumbled to himself.

 

‘You want to get out so badly?’ You asked.

 

Of course. City life is so chaotic and hectic. All I can think of is work, work and more work,’ Jaejoong sighed, ‘At least I can get to escape today, right?’

 

‘I hope so,’ you grinned.

 

You saw the train approach the platform so you grabbed Jaejoong’s wrist to pull him off the seat.

 

Your face flushed red when he interlaced your fingers with his.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was an 80 minutes or so train ride to the outskirts of Seoul where your grandparents lived.

 

They grew crops for their own consumption and you used to visit them every month but now with your busy schedule, you couldn’t be the filial granddaughter you had always been.

 

Jaejoong looked so peaceful staring out of the train’s window. At times he plastered his face onto the windows to get a better look of the paddy fields and animals on the farms, he occasionally took pictures with his phone and he would sometimes smile to himself.

 

You decided that you liked this version of Jaejoong the most as you leaned back in your seat to solely focus on watching his cute facial expressions and actions unfold.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Are you sure you can just open random gates to people’s houses around here?’ Jaejoong asked confusedly from behind you.

 

Chill, Jaejoong. It’s my grandparents’ house.’

 

Jaejoong nodded in understanding and proceeded quietly behind you towards the entrance of the house.

 

You announced your arrival and a few seconds later, you heard footsteps approaching the entrance.

 

‘Oh my precious, granddaughter!’ Your grandmother’s face brightened at the sight of you.

 

You bowed respectfully and went over to hug her.

 

She released you and looked at Jaejoong, ‘Your fiancé?’

 

‘I wish, Grandma,’ you nudged her and Jaejoong chuckled.

 

‘Good morning, I’m Kim Jaejoong. Your granddaughter is the one who brought me here on a date.’

 

Date!?’ Your Grandma looked at you bewilderedly, ‘Wow, you sure grown up, my dear.’

 

You blushed.

 

‘Well, leave your belongings here and go on with your date. I’ll have lunch prepared for us all.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My Gawd, you dragged me all the way here to do manual labour,’ Jaejoong complained as he picked the strawberries from the back garden.

 

‘It’s fun though,’ you giggled.

 

‘Kinda,’ Jaejoong smiled back at you.

 

! It’s Gawddamn sweet!’ You exclaimed after consuming the red juicy fruit from the bucket you were carrying.

 

It is?’ Jaejoong came over and popped one into his mouth and his eyes went wide, ‘You’re right! Damn, this is the best strawberry I’ve ever eaten.’

 

The both of you sat in the middle of the strawberry fields and finished up the whole bucket full of strawberries.

 

You know, I wrote an article before on fruits so I had to do a little research about it,’ Jaejoong bubbled.

 

You nodded.

 

‘Eating strawberries can increase your drive because it contains loads of zinc. And we - ’ Jaejoong pointed at the empty bucket in front of you two, ‘sure ate a lot.’

 

You kept quiet as your heartbeat raced.

 

‘And women,’ Jaejoong placed his fingers under your chin to turn lift your face up to meet his gaze, ‘prepares its body really fast for if there’s loads of zinc in their bodies.’

 

Danger zone.

 

‘So tell me,’ Jaejoong purred seductively, ‘are you feeling right now?’

 

‘I-,’ you gulped, ‘I’m always when I’m around you.’

 

Jaejoong pushed you into the ground and straddled you with his legs beside your body, hovering right above you.

 

‘But even more so now right?’ Jaejoong spoke softly, using his finger to trace the outline of your face.

 

You nodded slowly, heart racing like no tomorrow, palms becoming sweaty.

 

‘M-my g-grandparents can a-appear anytime, so if w-we g-get caught in this p-position –,’ your teeth chattered.

 

‘Tell me you don’t want this and I’ll get off you,’ Jaejoong challenged as he leaned down to place butterfly kisses down your neck.

 

Your mind could hardly function.

 

‘I w-want this,’ you managed to mutter.

 

Hmm,’ Jaejoong smiled at your answer and continue to ravish your neck.

 

‘Lunch is ready!’ You heard your Grandma call out and the both of you turned your heads towards the direction of her voice.

 

You watched as your Grandma’s face turned red and coughed into her hand, ‘Erm… just don’t destroy the strawberry bushes, you guys!’ 

 

With that she left hurriedly.

 

‘Now, where were we?’ Jaejoong grinned mischievously down at you.

 

‘You were eating at my neck,’ you spoke softly.

 

‘Right,’ Jaejoong resumed his actions which left you breathless and wanting more.

 

‘Do we really have to…err… do it on the ground?’

 

‘It’s just the first date, Number 4. Don’t be in such a rush,’ Jaejoong kissed your nose.

 

(Okay, okay, I can hear all the BOO-s and curses at me for not letting them get it on on the GROUND amongst the strawberries…)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Please hold the door!’ You cried rushing into the lift.

 

‘Good morning, Latecomer,’ you noticed Yunho holding the door open for you.

 

You bowed and greeted, ‘Good morning, Mr. Jung.’

 

‘How did your first date go?’ Yunho asked.

 

‘I -ed even without my clothes off.’

 

‘Good for you.’

 

‘I’ve scored a second date already.’

 

‘Impressive.’

 

‘Thanks… Oh! I think I owe you a favour, don’t I? I mean - for letting us skip work yesterday.’

 

‘No, you don’t. Just doing my job as an elder brother to help little brother find happiness.’

 

You giggled at your boss’ words.

 

The lift ‘dinged’ and opened its doors on the 20th floor.

 

‘Goodbye, Mr. Jung.’

 

‘Have a good day ahead… And no making out during office hours.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

CONGRATS TO NUMBER 4 ON HER FIRST DATE.

ANYWAY, COMMENTS... ANYONE?