ISSUE ⑩

Blitz Magazine

 

 

‘All you have to do is sign at the bottom of the last page and I’ll pass the transfer form to Yunnie. You should be up on the 25th floor writing within a week. Yoochun will be your department head, since he’s the Lifestyle Director and all. Happy right? I mean… you will be getting your dream job and no longer need to face my wrath if you get horrible coffee for me.’ Jaejoong said. 

 

 

It hurt.

 

 

‘Don’t worry too much, Number 4, Yoochun is a much better boss than me. He can be goofy at times, with his face expressions and all, but he’s practical and impartial. I’m sure you’ll enjoy working with him very much.’

 

 

No one’s a better boss than you are, Jaejoong, even on your bipolar days.

 

 

‘We should totally celebrate this, you know. I could bring Jiji over to your place, and we’ll order pizza! I’ll even eat it okay! I swear, I’ll eat that slice of lard just for the occasion!’

 

 

Was the transfer really worth celebrating? What - can’t wait to get rid of an employee?

 

 

 

 

You woke up with a start. You couldn’t believe you were dreaming about the one sided conversation you had with Jaejoong before you left the office.

 

You got out of bed and went to take a cold shower.

 

The transfer form.

 

You changed into a set of comfortable clothing and settled on the couch in the living room with the form in your hands.

 

You had reached out to grab the pen but couldn’t muster enough strength to actually grip it in your shaking hands.

 

Why?

 

What was so hard?

 

Wasn’t this what you had always dreamt about? To write for Blitz, to have your piece published in the magazine with your name just below the header.

 

That was what you had been working all your life for to achieve.

 

Now, the opportunity was in your hands.

 

‘!’ You threw the form irritably onto the floor and bit your lower lip to fight back the tears that were threatening to form at the corner of your eyes.

 

It’s not like you won’t get to see Jaejoong around, I mean, you’re practically in the same building and you could easily message to meet up in the cafeteria downstairs during lunch break.

 

 

 

 

‘You’re in charge of this scarf! Too bad!’ Jaejoong laughed, shoving the item into your arms.

 

‘There’s a hole in it!’ You inspected the item in your hands.

 

‘That’s so gonna be docked from your pay!’ Jaejoong continued laughing.

 

‘You’re the one who wore it!’ You slapped his arm playfully.

 

‘Okay, chill Number 4! We’ll just charge it to the – ’

 

‘Company’s card!’ You both said in unison and went into a fit of hysterical laughter.

 

 

 

 

You found yourself laughing while tears streamed down your face.

 

Why Jaejoong?

 

When exactly did he manage to inch his way right into the epicenter of your heart?

 

Was it in between the usual arguments? During lunches when he kept annoying you about your weight and diet? Tolerating his coffee piss fits?

 

Out of the billions of people on Earth, why did you have to fall in love with the biggest egoistic tard you’ve ever met?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You were probably going to regret this decision for the rest of your life.

 

Okay, you had about half an hour before Jaejoong enters the office so you still had some time to reconsider.

 

You had the correction tape on your left, and a pen on your right.

 

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes.

 

Let’s say you took the position.

 

Would you be truly happy?

 

 

 

 

‘Honey, I can’t believe we paid for your journalism degree and you’re now running around with clothes and - honey! I’m talking to you!’ Your mother snapped.

 

You looked up from your phone.

 

‘I’m sorry, Mom!’ You apologised, ‘I’ll need to take this call, it’s from the London Branch!’

 

Your parents rolled their eyes and continued with dinner.

 

It had been months since you had the chance to finally go to your parent’s place for a family dinner.

 

‘Yes,’ you answered the phone, ‘No, I must have the coat by tomorrow morning! Don’t make me transfer this call to Jaejoong! Okay, I’ll see you at the airport at 4 later.’

 

‘4am?’ Your Dad asked angrily when you ended the call.

 

Then you received a text. Rolling your eyes you opened it.

 

‘Sorry, Mom, Dad, I need to go now! I just got a text to attend an emergency meeting!’

 

‘Honey, do you enjoy being a Fashion Assistant?’

 

‘Not at all, my boss is the biggest jerk around and I can assure you, if there comes a day when I get to become a writer, I’ll take it up without a doubt!’

 

 

 

 

You let out a maniacal laugh recalling the promise to your parents and yourself.

 

That family dinner happened just 2 months ago and just look at how much your mindset had changed since then.

 

Your Blackberry rang and you instinctively picked it up after just one ring.

 

‘Hello?’ You answered the call.

 

‘Hey, 4! Can you help me with the heap loads of clothes in my car? I need assistance in bringing them up to the office.’

 

You smiled as soon as you heard Jaejoong’s sweet voice.

 

‘Sure, I’ll be right down.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘All these belong to the office?’ You gaped when you reached the car park to where Jaejoong had his car parked.

 

‘Yeah,’ Jaejoong smiled, ‘Dry cleaned and ready to be returned.’

 

‘How did you ever get away with wearing these clothes and not clashing with stylists who happen to want these outfits?’

 

‘I’m that awesome!’ Jaejoong lifted the largest box and you carried the other 2 slightly smaller ones.

 

You both made your way while carrying the boxes into the lift and placed them onto the floor.

 

Jaejoong pressed the 20th floor button and the doors closed.

 

It brought back memories of your first meeting with Jaejoong.

 

You couldn’t help but chuckle to yourself.

 

‘You look bloody creepy laughing like that,’ Jaejoong looked at you with a raised eyebrow.

 

‘Sorry,’ you did your best to suppress your smile.

 

‘About the transfer…’ Jaejoong leaned on the side of the elevator.

 

‘I need to confirm something before I make my decision.’

 

‘Confirm? Confirm wha - ’

 

You stepped forward and pulled Jaejoong’s tie towards yourself so both your lips crashed together.

 

Jaejoong immediately had one of his hands pressed to the small of your back, leading you both to the doors of the lift. With lips still locked heatedly together, you were slammed hard against the hard doors.

 

The kiss was too ing good to stop to tell him off for hurting your back.

 

You opened your eyes when the lift jerked violently and came to a sudden halt.

 

You realised that Jaejoong had hit the emergency stop button.

 

Jaejoong took a step back from you, breaking the long and heated kiss.

 

You were both panting and when you recovered, ‘I’ve made my decision. I’m staying on in your department.’

 

‘Number 4, are you crazy!?’ Jaejoong cried, ‘You’re not going to get another chance to transfer! A writer of ours just retired and you’re going to fill that spot!’

 

You shook your head vehemently, ‘I’d rather be shouted at by you, ordered around like a dog, get your coffee for you, babysit your adorable cat, get stupid messages from Number 1, smack Junsu’s , ogle at your perfection as you sit behind your desk…’ you started to break down and cry.

 

‘Why me?’ Jaejoong stepped forward to envelop you in his warm embrace.

 

This was definitely where you truly belonged.

 

In his arms.

 

‘I don’t know why but I just fell for you… It’s such a tragedy isn’t it?’ you sobbed.

 

‘I’m not the typical guy, you know… Are you sure you want to keep on suffering from my iness and all that crappiness? You should go find another guy, Number 4… You won’t be happy with me.’

 

No way,’ you hugged Jaejoong even tighter.

 

‘You’ll suffer if you’re with me.’

 

‘Shut the up and just hug me,’ you spat.

 

‘No can do,’ Jaejoong pried you off himself.

 

You pouted sadly.

 

‘You want me? Then you have to court me,’ Jaejoong replied and used the intercom to tell the get the technicians to reboot the lift systems.

 

Game on.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Mr. Jung,’ you bowed as you entered his office.

 

‘Latecomer, sit down,’ Yunho motioned for you to have a seat across his desk.

 

‘Is this about the transfer?’

 

‘Partly.’

 

You stared blankly at him.

 

‘You must have a really good reason for rejecting this transfer so I’m not going to force you to take up the position.’

 

‘Thank you for your understanding, Mr. Jung.’

 

‘It’s because of Jaejoong isn’t it?’

 

‘Mr. Jung – ’ you were shocked.

 

Yunho always throws you off track.

 

‘No one shouts and curses as passionately at each other like the two of you do. I can see that you genuinely like him even though he’s quite… erratic, but that’s because of the stress that comes from work.’

 

‘I’m that obvious?’ You groaned.

 

‘I’m just more observant than the average person. Don’t worry, the feeling’s mutual between the two of you. Now go on and make Jaejoong happy!’ Yunho got up, dragged you off your seat and shoved you out of his office.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Here’s your coffee, Jaejoong. I’m sure this is the right Jaejoong-custom-blend because I was standing right next to the Coffee girl, breathing down her neck while she made it as carefully as she could.’

 

‘How thoughtful of you,’ Jaejoong eyed you as he took a sip of his coffee.

 

Jaejoong put down the cup.

 

You looked apprehensively at him.

 

‘This is…’

 

You waited for the verdict.

 

‘It’s…’

 

You crossed you fingers behind your back.

 

Jaejoong shut his eyes and moaned in pleasure.

 

, that was the most beautiful sound you have ever heard in your life.

 

And .

 

You were now a hot and bothered mess.

 

So did you make the right decision in staying on?

 

For now, it was a yes.

 

And hopefully, it would stay that way.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

COMMENTS PLEASE?