ISSUE ⑤

Blitz Magazine

 

 

It has been 2 months since you first entered Blitz and surprisingly, you thoroughly enjoyed being a Fashion Assistant in the Wardrobe.

 

It took you a whole month to realise just how truly talented your Fashion Supervisor, Jaejoong was.

 

You definitely had to retract your previous statement back in Chapter 4 about how he managed to stay employed by just looking pretty all day long sitting behind that almost empty desk of his.

 

He saved your life and when you still laid in your bed the following day (even though he told you to get to work), recovering from shock, you found a box of Strawberry Pocky on your table when you came back for work 2 days after the attempted shootout.

 

How did he know you liked Pocky and in particular, the Strawberry flavour?

 

Deciding that finding out the truth was going to be quite disturbing, you took all ounce of self-control not to ask Jaejoong.

 

You noticed that he always worked overtime and it was only last week then did you find out he had a make shift bedroom in the accessories closet to sleep in when he worked overnight.

 

You didn’t find that out yourself of course, because you’re the only one in the department who didn’t do ‘Severe Overtime’. It was Changmin, your new lunch buddy who told you this because once or twice in a year, he would ‘sleepover’ with Jaejoong in there.

 

Jaejoong might be act like an overbearing coffee-addicted-diva-lunatic and shopaholic during work hours but deep down inside, he was watching all his workers closely and was really passionate about his work.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Are you sure this is my blend?’ Jaejoong gave you an unimpressed look, lifting the cup of coffee for added emphasis.

 

‘Yes, I’m sure.’

 

‘Tastes like dishwater to me,’ Jaejoong put the cup on his table and pushed it over to your side.

 

‘I’ll throw it away and buy you a new one.’

 

‘You drink it. Don’t waste resources. After all, you’re quite a dumpster aren't you? With that black hole of a stomach.’

 

Attention one and all!

 

Bipolar Jaejoong alert.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It really did taste like dishwater and you had to run to the loo every half an hour to relief your aching stomach.

 

the coffee girl.

 

Just verbally of course. Duh.

 

‘You’re not eating much today,’ Changmin noted.

 

‘Diarrhoea…’ you winced as your stomach began to hurt for the umpteenth time that day.

 

‘You should get today’s blend every single day, I’m sure you’ll slim down in no time,’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘Shut the up,’ you managed before resuming to clutch your stomach in extreme pain.

 

‘You should see a doctor,’ Changmin patted your arm.

 

‘What Number 4 needs is a dietician,’ Jaejoong shot Changmin a dirty look.

 

‘I just need the toilet bowl,’ you rushed out of the cafeteria, which still looked like a fancy restaurant in your opinion.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Get me the ing Louboutin heels now! I mean it… what the do you mean they’re still on the cargo plane!? I told you… you shut the up… no, you shut up and listen to me, I – ’ your phone was snatched away from you.

 

‘You’re speaking to Kim Jaejoong now so you better jolly well behave. Now what’s the matter with the goddamn shoes?’ you scrolled your swivel chair away from Jaejoong who now had a menacing aura around him.

 

Everyone’s eyes were on you both.

 

‘If those shoes aren't on my desk by 6pm this evening, you can just kiss your job goodbye. See ya,’ Jaejoong tossed your Blackberry to you and you managed to somehow grab it in time.

 

Jaejoong took in a deep breath before running his fingers through his (soft looking) ebony hair before settling back down behind his desk.

 

‘So…’ you began.

 

‘You were making so much noise that I couldn’t concentrate on my Cooking Mama game,’ Jaejoong replied as he was back to focusing on gaming on his Nintendo 3DS.

 

‘So everything’s settled?’

 

‘Shut up!’ Jaejoong threw a pen at you and you skillfully dodged but it hit Junsu, whose desk was behind yours.

 

‘Ouch! Who’s the idiot who threw that!?’ Junsu yelped, rubbing his sore forehead.

 

Red alert.

 

Excuse me!?’ Jaejoong stood up and closed his gadget.

 

‘Oh, I mean…err… thank you for hitting me?’

 

‘Everyone, pack up now and go home. Junsu has kindly volunteered to finish up the rest of our work for today,’ Jaejoong skipped out of the office.

 

You could only mouth the word ‘Sorry’ to Junsu.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When you arrived at the office the next day, Junsu was busy steam ironing what was supposedly assigned to be done by you yesterday.

 

‘Junsu, I’m so sorry, dude,’ you apologised once more.

 

‘It’s alright. It’s my fault too, for running my mouth like that.’

 

‘No, I started it all because the morning coffee wasn’t good.’

 

‘Chill, 4, it’s both our faults. It’s useless to cry over spilt milk so, let’s just forget about it and move on with our lives.’

 

You nodded and went to your seat.

 

‘Good morning one and all!’ Jaejoong was dressed ridiculously loud today; a full maroon suit made of velvet covered his delectable being and he had a rather huge feathered brooch pinned onto his left lapel.

 

Anyone would have looked stupid in that tacky outfit but we’re talking about Jaejoong here, the God-like creature who could make even a simple piece of fabric draped on himself look like a work of art.

 

‘Good morning,’ you beamed at the cheerfulness of your boss.

 

‘Would you like your cof-’

 

‘I just had the best cup of coffee in the world, 4, so no need to get any for me this morning,’ Jaejoong leaned back in his chair and giggled to himself.

 

, that was goddamn adorable.

 

And you felt like squishing him right now.

 

‘Where did you get the coffee from, Jaejoong?’ Junsu asked, still ironing the clothes.

 

‘Where you say?’ Jaejoong stood up dramatically and looked skywards.

 

You looked upwards as well. It was just ing boring fluorescent lighting above but Jaejoong seemed to be looking at a whole different ceiling. You just shrugged.

 

‘I received my shipment of Arabic coffee beans last night and told my butler to make me a cup of it this morning.’

 

, who the heck still have a butler these days.

 

Apparently, Kim Jaejoong.

 

‘It was beyond heavenly, Number 3 and 4,’ Jaejoong spun around the room with his arms spread wide.

 

‘Jaejoong, you’re here to work, not film the Sound of Music,’ a terrifyingly deep voice filled the department.

 

Your head jerked upwards and you saw the Devil.

 

Okay, okay.

 

It was Jung Yunho. But seriously, his voice would have scared the hell out of you of you ever heard it.

 

Plus, he was dressed totally in black.

 

‘Yunnie!’ Jaejoong beamed and gave the big boss a quick hug.

 

Yunho.

 

Did.

 

Not.

 

Just.

 

Smile.

 

Did.

 

He?

 

, he did.

 

Time to buy a lottery ticket after work.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

THIS WRITER WANTS COMMENTS.

BADLY.

PLEASE?