ISSUE ⑰

Blitz Magazine

 

 

You were looking forward to the 5 interns coming in this morning and you had made tons of your famous macadamia cookies to share with them.

 

You had came in at 8am this morning to deliver Yunho the cookies you promised to make for him for saving the dignities of both you and Jaejoong by removing your ‘ tape’ from the security systems.

 

‘Cookies?’ Yunho questioned when he received them from you.

 

‘Yes, Mr. Jung. For you know…erm… the…’ you found it hard to explain.

 

‘I know, don’t worry. And please don’t do that again. I know you guys have no time for more dates because of your jobs but don’t let your libido get the better of you in the office,’ Yunho reminded you.

 

‘I’m sorry, Mr. Jung. That will not happen again.’

 

Look,’ Yunho’s voice dropped to a soft whisper as you were both in the lobby of the building, ‘I know it’s kinda hard to keep yourself out of Jaejoong’s pants because I’m aware he’s so called all hot and stuff. You both can get it on, as long as there are no cameras or people around.’

 

‘Yunho!’ You slapped your boss' arm in shock and embarrassment.

 

Yunho gave you a quick grin before his poker face came on once more, ‘Thanks for the cookies, Latecomer.’

 

‘There’s 38 pieces in there,’ you pointed at the jar of cookies.

 

Seriously!?’ Yunho looked around and when the coast was clear, he patted your head, cleared his throat and said, ‘Well, I’ll see you when I see you. Have a good day ahead then.’ 

 

‘You too!’ You bowed and headed towards the cafeteria to get Jaejoong’s coffee.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘I’m so excited!’ Number 1 told you and you nodded in agreement.

 

‘We usually only get 2 interns every year,’ Number 2 shared.

 

Really?’ You asked.

 

‘Yeah. Last year’s intern assigned to me was awesome, she does work like a bullet train so it was inevitable that I had to give her some of my own work to do,’ Number 2 chuckled.

 

‘Mine was the exact opposite. She was slower than a grandma and she always made calculation mistakes,’ Number 1 sighed.

 

‘This year, you’ll both handle 2 each, pressured much?’ You questioned your seniors.

 

They both nodded and Number 1 replied, ‘Of course, and I hope I get 2 who are easy to handle. I don’t wish for extremely efficient ones, just ones that can listen to instructions and do work properly will be good enough for me.’

 

‘You did read Jaejoong’s email right?’ You rolled your eyes.

 

‘No one follows it except himself. Well, it’s not exactly following, I mean, that’s basically how his character is,’ Number 2 whispered to you.

 

You let out a hearty laugh, ‘Yeah. I pity them.’

 

‘Pity who?’ The gorgeous Kim Jaejoong entered the office in a full suit of embroidered patterns sewn with silver threads over black fabric. 

 

‘The interns.’ You answered, ‘Damn, you look really shiny today.’

 

‘I know,’ Jaejoong did a 360-degree spin, ‘Made by yours truly.’

 

Oh my Gawd,’ you ran over to study the intricate hand embroidery all over the suit, ‘You ing sewed everything?’

 

‘I will have you know that I spent 3 full months on this,’ Jaejoong smiled with utmost smugness and sat down on his swivel chair.

 

‘Never knew you could sew,’ you went back to your desk.

 

‘I began using the sewing machine even before learning how to write. Not lying.’

 

‘I believe you,’ you replied.

 

‘The slaves will arrive soon,’ Jaejoong smirked.

 

Really?’ You looked towards the entrance and saw 5 women step out of the lift, ‘How’d you know?’

 

‘Yoochun just texted me about him having the best lift ride ever with 5 stunningly beautiful woman just a few seconds ago.’

 

You could only nod.

 

They looked more like models than interns.

 

All of them were in skyscraper heels, cropped jackets that made them appear lengthier, not that they needed more help in that aspect since they were all already so leggy and skinny, and carried must have it-bags in their hands or had them hanging off their shoulders.

 

‘Good morning,’ their angelic voices resounded throughout the room but it was clear they were only greeting Jaejoong.

 

‘You must hand over that Fendi bag to me to allow me to examine it,’ Jaejoong pointed at one of the intern’s tote bag.

 

She grinned and allowed Jaejoong to ravish over the leather item.

 

‘I’m impressed, it was just in stores 3 days ago,’ Jaejoong returned the bag to her.

 

‘I just had to get it, you wrote an article about the must-have bags this season and this was one of the featured items.’

 

‘And which issue was that?’ Jaejoong challenged.

 

‘Last month’s issue, page 214.’ She answered with ease.

 

Jaejoong nodded, ‘Correct. That aside, I’m Kim Jaejoong and you guys can choose to address me as Mr. Kim or Jaejoong. My preference? The latter. Now stand in a row.’

 

The 5 moved quickly to form a neat line.

 

‘I’ll just name you in the order in which you are standing in line. Intern 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. That will be your name while you guys work here for the next 2 months. All department staff members are also numbered, so don’t look so depressed. Intern 1 and 2 will be under Number 1, the crazy woman at the side who’s always smiling. Intern 3 and 4 will be under Number 2, it’ll be quite hard to locate her because she is always MIA, so it is advisable to put a tracking device on her. Intern 5 will be under Number 4. The Fashion Assistant you are under will brief you of the rules in this department and your main responsibilities during these 2 months. Any questions?’

 

‘Do you need any assistance right now?’ The Fendi bag girl, Intern 2 asked.

 

‘Not yet,’ Jaejoong replied, ‘Go on and find your mother hen.’

 

The 5 interns split up and you watched Intern 5 approach you.

 

‘Please have a seat,’ you weren’t going to address someone so much taller than you while you both stood up, and besides, it would only bruise your self-confidence.

 

The pretty doll-like intern smiled sweetly at you before taking a seat at the desk beside yours.

 

‘What’s your name?’

 

‘My name is Young Mi. I’m 21 this year and I’m majoring in Fashion Journalism.’

 

‘Nice, I was a journalism student back then too.’

 

She grinned at you, ‘But it’s common for fashion students to start out here because they will eventually get promoted to big fashion positions as the years go by.’

 

‘I don’t mean to offend anyone here, especially Jaejoong, but to be honest, I have zero interest in fashion. When I shop, I make sure I buy clothes that are comfortable. End of story.’

 

‘Your dressing isn’t that bad. The best part of this job is that we’re the only ones in the fashion department who can get away with wearing jeans 7 days a week right?’ She smiled. 

 

‘You’re right! We’re free to wear whatever we want,’ you nodded.

 

‘Do tell me more about you,' she asked with shiny eyes.

 

‘I go by the name of Number 4 here so please just stick to that, I don’t want you to get in trouble with Jaejoong because he’s really scary when he is – ’

 

‘I can hear you, Number 4.’ Jaejoong drawled from behind his massive computer screen.

 

‘Sorry, Jaejoong!’ You softened your voice after apologising, ‘He is bipolar, so beware. The only rule around here is to not get him bad coffee. Anyway, I actually interviewed to become a features writer but I got dumped in here. At first I hated it, but I realised that it wasn’t that bad because you get to ogle at Jaejoong all day long,’ Young Mi giggled and nodded, ‘ I rejected a transfer to the writer’s position last month because of Jaejoong, again.’

 

‘Why?’ She whispered back at you.

 

‘I fell in love with him and I couldn’t bear working in another department. Stupid but totally worth it.’

 

‘So are you guys steady now?’

 

You nodded, ‘He accepted me 2 days ago.’

 

Oh my! Congrats!’ Young Mi patted you on your left arm and you smiled back at her in appreciation.

 

‘Aren’t you the least bit disappointed? I mean, the only eye candy in this department is now taken…’

 

‘I just want to focus on my internship. Love is distracting enough and besides, I just suffered from a tragic heartbreak a couple of weeks back. I’m not ready for a relationship just yet.’

 

‘I’m sorry,’ you told her.

 

‘Thanks. Anyway, what do I have to do around here?’

 

‘Well, you’re in charge of data-entry and inventory checks. I asked Jaejoong yesterday about the inventory check bit because each Fashion Assistant is in charge of their own closet and do the corresponding inventory checks. He stated that you will take over Number 3’s responsibilities, which is to be in charge of the Storeroom and Outerwear Closet. To be honest, it’s ing sick that you have to do so much work when you’re only an intern. Tell you what, I’ll cut you some slack. You’ll just take over Number 3’s responsibilities and I’ll do the data entry bit, okay?’

 

‘Bu-but, what if Jaejoong finds out?’

 

‘Don’t worry, you’ll be so busy that he would think you’re doing everything assigned to you.’

 

‘Okay, I’m trusting your words now.’

 

You nodded, ‘Even if you get in trouble, I’ll be punished as well, so that’s fair right?’

 

She grinned, ‘Evil, but I guess that is fair.’

 

‘Let’s work hard together and have a peaceful 2 months together. I’ll show you the Storeroom and Outerwear Closet,’ you stood up, with Intern 5 following you closely behind.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘We shouldn’t be doing this,’ you whispered while you were shoved against the photocopier in the printing room on the 21st floor.

 

‘It’s lunch break now so no one else is around on this floor and besides, you ought to be punished for speaking badly of me to your intern,’ Jaejoong nibbled you ear.

 

‘F-, stop it! I’m s-supposed t-to be printing out the A2 photoshoot concept boards for the styling team,’ you tried to shove Jaejoong off but he just wouldn’t budge.

 

‘Don’t act like you don’t want me,’ Jaejoong purred seductively and your mind instantly went cloudy.

 

‘I pro-promised Yunho that we won’t do such a thing ever a-again during work hours,’ you then bit your lower lip to stop yourself from as Jaejoong bit the shell of your ear.

 

‘We’ll just have to be careful as to not get cau-’

 

‘Caught.’

 

The both of you turned slowly to face a calm looking Yunho whose fearsome and menacing black aura told you otherwise of his actual feelings.

 

‘ it, we’re screwed,’ you muttered.

 

Yunnie, wrong timing,’ Jaejoong pouted as he took a few steps away from you.

 

‘I didn't want to humiliate you both in front of the newcomers so here I am,’ Yunho drawled.

 

‘Humiliate?’ Jaejoong questioned.

 

‘Choosing the printing room is pretty smart, but during work hours?’ Yunho scoffed, ‘Oh. And don’t do it in the toilet either.’

 

‘There’s no camera in there right!?’ Jaejoong gaped.

 

‘There are cameras outside of them though. And dragging Latecomer into a male’s toilet… that’s quite obvious isn’t it?’ Yunho raised an eyebrow.

 

‘Sorry, Yunnie. My libido shuts down my common sense,’ Jaejoong apologised.

 

‘If you guys really have to…’ Yunho sighed and handed Jaejoong something before leaving the printing room.

 

Jaejoong looked at the object and smiled mischievously.

 

‘What’s that?’ You questioned.

 

‘Yunnie gave me roof access,’ Jaejoong wiggled his eyebrows suggestively, flashing you a key, ‘Wanna go check it out?’

 

You gaped.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

COMMENTS PLEASE?