ISSUE ㉝

Blitz Magazine

 

This chapter is decidated to Sumire's Grandma (you know who you are, *laughs).

People, enjoy and do comment.

Thanks. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Daddy, please don’t be angry.’ Sumire closed the door behind her when she entered Yunho’s home office.

 

‘Try me.’ Yunho spoke while looking though Blitz’s latest subscription status.

 

‘Daddy, please stop doing whatever you are doing.’

 

Yunho pushed all the paperwork aside and looked up at the 10 year old kiddo.

 

‘I’m all ears and if this is going to be a long talk, take a seat.’

 

And Sumire pulled out the chair to sit across Yunho.

 

‘Someone harassed me on the train when I was on the way home from school yesterday.’ Sumire said in a small voice.

 

Yunho took a couple of seconds to process her words and finally spoke, ‘You were touched… inappropriately?’

 

Sumire nodded slowly.

 

‘I don’t mean to sound like a ert but what exactly did that person do? I need to assess how grave this matter is.’

 

‘That guy… he was standing next to me on the train then when it jerked, he purposely rubbed himself against me… his pee-pee area… it… his hand… touched… my bottom…’ Sumire couldn’t form proper sentences as she started to make gagging noises.

 

Yunho immediately grabbed the waste paper basket from under his desk and pushed it across the table towards her.

 

Sumire gave a weak smile and held it in front of her face- just in case. 

 

‘Allow me to string all the information I have gotten from you so far. The perpetrator was standing beside you on the train. When the train jerked, he used the opportunity to rub his private area on you and also sneaked his hand to touch your… behind?’

 

Sumire threw up.

 

‘Looks like I’ve got the facts right.’ Yunho leaned back on his swivel chair, ‘Do you want me to contact my lawyer now and have this guy sued?’

 

Sumire grabbed a couple of tissues from the box on Yunho’s desk and wiped before saying, ‘Can we kill that guy first before suing him in court?’

 

‘Great minds think alike.’ Yunho gave a small grin.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘He touched my friend too, but she’s too scared to tell her parents.’ Sumire whispered when she pointed at the ert who was in the cabin in front of theirs.

 

‘How come no one reports him?’ Yunho wondered.

 

‘He only targets kids?’ Yunho asked Sumire.

 

‘I think so.’ Sumire nodded.

 

‘This is really random, but this is actually the first time I’m taking a public transport.’ Yunho stated.

 

Sumire’s eyes almost popped out of her eye sockets, ‘Seriously!?’

 

Yunho simply nodded.

 

‘Spoilt brat!’ Sumire nudged Yunho playfully.

 

‘Yes, I do admit that I was spoilt by my parents but I’m not a brat.’ Yunho replied.

 

‘Sorry, Daddy,’ Sumire pouted.

 

‘Now back to the problem at hand,’ Yunho stated and the both of them eyed the Pedo-ert closely.

 

‘Only when he makes a move then can I do something to him.’

 

Sumire giggled, ‘What will you do?’

 

‘I don’t know either,’ Yunho admitted.

 

‘I’m sure it’ll be cool.’ Sumire flashed her pearly whites at her Daddy.

 

Yunho shrugged.

 

Sumire nodded and she led the way slowly into the next cabin.

 

It was pretty crowded as it was the time of the day when students got released from school.

 

Yunho inched closer to where the ert and Sumire were.

 

The ert attacked, but he didn’t touch Sumire.

 

Instead, he focused on the middle school girl in front of him, fingers ghosting her waist as her face contorted in fear and was rendered tongue tied at the guy’s actions.

 

Yunho excused himself though the crowd and as soon as he was within reach of the ert, he delivered a punch to the perpetrator’s face.

 

The people in the cabin gasped and within seconds, space was made for the two adults and Yunho grabbed the fallen man up from the floor by the collar.

 

‘Just what do you think you’re doing?’ Yunho asked in a dead lethal tone, causing the man to shiver in fear.

 

‘N-nothing.’ The man blatantly lied in Yunho’s face.

 

‘Doesn’t seem like nothing to me,’ Yunho drawled.

 

The man looked away and tried to pry Yunho’s hands off his shirt but the Editor-in-Chief only tightened his grip on the ert’s collar.

 

‘L-let go,’ the man whimpered.

 

‘I’ll only let go of you once we’re at the police station,’ Yunho replied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Hey, I heard about you receiving an award of recognition from the police for beating a guy up in public,’ Kimchi laughed.

 

Yunho shrugged, ‘Thank you?’

 

‘You two brothers have the most epic way of dealing with situations,’ Kimchi muttered while her eyes darted from Yunho to Jaejoong and then back to her lunch.

 

‘Did you smash his face up good?’ Jaejoong asked Yunho.

 

‘I just punched him once on the train, almost choked him to death when he attempted to run away and purposely tripped him when he entered the police station.’ Yunho replied.

 

Aww, trip him, how cuteeeeeeee!’ Jaejoong pinched Yunho’s cheek and Kimchi almost choked on her noodles.

 

Yunho swatted Jaejoong’s hand off his face, ‘Don’t do that.’

 

‘Yunnie no likey?’ Jaejoong pouted and Kimchi coughed into a closed fist.

 

‘Is he drunk?’ Yunho looked at Kimchi.

 

‘He did have 4 cups of coffee before lunch break.’ Kimchi supplied.

 

Ahh.’ He nodded.

 

Yunnie, I told Kimchi about my New York escapade,’ Jaejoong informed his elder brother.

 

Oh,’ Yunho looked at her, ‘How are you coping with the news?’

 

Kimchi gestured at what seemed like enough food for the entire Blitz staff on the table before them.

 

‘Badly.’ Yunho concluded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Daddy! There’s no school tomorrow because it’s the school’s founder’s day.’ Sumire jumped up and down like a sugar-rushed kiddo.

 

‘Calm down.’ Yunho said while moping the floor after Sumire accidentally spilt her bubble tea in the dining room. 

 

‘Can we visit my orphanage back in Osaka?’ Sumire beamed up at Yunho.

 

Yunho stopped his cleaning up and stared at the kid, ‘Are you sure?’

 

Sumire nodded.

 

‘I’ll tell my secretary to arrange it now.’ Yunho whipped out his phone from his pocket and texted Louise.

 

‘Daddy, you’re soooooo awesome! Thank you!’ Sumire immediately stood on a dining chair so she could peck Yunho’s cheek.

 

‘D-don’t ever do that again,’ Yunho flinched and escaped into the kitchen to put away the mop.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Daddy! This is really awesome, you should totally get this!’ Sumire shoved a prettily packaged up box of raisin biscuits into Yunho’s already filled up arms with snacks.

 

‘You’ve been repeating that 9 times already,’ Yunho muttered.

 

Sumire giggled and tugged at Yunho’s arm towards the cashier.

 

After Yunho paid up for the boxed goodies at one of the airport’s shops, the two proceeded out of the place and were greeted by a company car (Blitz has Japan based branch offices in Osaka and Tokyo) to take them both to Sumire’s orphanage in the outskirts of the country.

 

‘Now do you know why I wanted you to get tons of food?’ Sumire ripped open the giant packet of spicy rice crackers and munched messily on them.

 

‘You should have gotten a bento instead,’ Yunho frowned at Sumire’s unhealthy choice of snacks for lunch.

 

Nah,’ Sumire shook her head, ‘All these aren’t found in Korea, so this is the only time I can eat them.’

 

‘I can easily have them sent to our house,’ Yunho replied and immediately pushed Sumire back into her seat when she attempted to hug him.

 

She pouted but continued feasting on her beloved crackers.

 

Promise?’ She held out a pinky finger.

 

Yunho gave Sumire a blank look but hooked his with her held out one anyway.

 

‘Are you spoiling me the way your parents did?’ Sumire bubbled.

 

‘I didn’t ask much from them while growing up,’ Yunho shared.

 

‘Really?’ Sumire spoke, ‘Then am I being a brat?’

 

‘Not yet.’ Yunho gave a small grin.

 

Sumire huffed in feign anger and looked out of the car’s window.

 

‘Pretty scenery right?’ Sumire asked in a small voice.

 

Yunho hummed in agreement.

 

‘If I ever had the chance to meet my parents, I wonder what I would do…’ Sumire muttered.

 

‘Hey, you doing okay down there?’ Yunho asked the kid in concern as she had moved down to sit on the car’s floor with her knees up close to her body.

 

Yunho noticed that Sumire was now crying silently, trying her best to muffle her sobs.

 

Erm… anything that I can do for you?’ Yunho tried because damn, he was clueless when it came to people crying and what’s worse, it was a kid.

 

‘N-nothing,’ Sumire answered almost inaudibly.

 

Yunho’s heart surprisingly fell.

 

Really?’  

 

‘Y-you could but you w-wouldn’t,’ Sumire turned slightly and pouted angrily at him while tears streamed down her faintly pinkly tinted cheeks.

 

Yunho frowned at her words.

 

‘I’ve been influenced by your sappy dramas…’ Yunho replied, ‘Come over here because I think it’s a cuddle you want.’

 

Sumire immediately beamed and jumped onto Yunho’s lap to wrap her arms tightly around his waist.

 

‘I love you, Daddy,’ Sumire smiled up at Yunho before resting her head on his shoulder.

 

Yunho wanted to tell her off for wetting his shirt with her tears but settled for something else entirely, ‘I… I love you too.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After an almost 3 hours drive from Kansai airport, the shiny black Mercedes stopped outside a small town where the two had to walk in by foot because there wasn’t a road for the car to drive though.

 

Sumire grabbed Yunho’s hand in hers and led the way.

 

‘That’s my orphanage!’ Sumire beamed and pointed at the colourful premise up a few meters before them.

 

Yunho nodded.

 

‘Aunt Michiyo!’ Sumire called out and waved when she got the caretaker’s attention.

 

‘Sumire?’ The 62 year old lady in charge of the orphanage dropped her gardening tools and ran out of the gates to pull the kid into a warm hug.

 

‘I missed you!’ Sumire smiled up at the woman after they broke the long embrace.

 

‘Me too. Oh… who’s this?’ Michiyo looked up at Yunho.

 

‘He’s Jung Yunho. His mummy adopted me but she passed away a few months back. Now Yunho here has guardianship over me.’ Sumire explained.

 

‘Good afternoon, Mr. Jung.’ Michiyo bowed respectfully at him.

 

‘Call me Yunho, please.’ Yunho returned the bow.

 

‘Would you two like to have some lunch here?’ Michiyo asked kindly.

 

‘Yes, please!’ Sumire answered on behalf of them both.

 

‘Come on in, you two.’ Michiyo led them into the orphanage.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Daddy, you’re such a slow eater!’ Sumire whined when she noticed that Yunho was only half done with his ramen while she had already finished hers.

 

‘I had always been this slow,’ Yunho looked up at her.

 

‘But especially slow today…’ Sumire pouted, ‘WAIT! You hate the ramen?’

 

‘Don't sprout nonsense,’ Yunho frowned, ‘It’s good.’

 

Then?’ She demanded.

 

‘I just eat slow,’ Yunho replied.

 

‘The both of you are so cute.’ Michiyo finally spoke at the table.

 

‘Daddy! She said you’re cute.’ Sumire giggled.

 

Yunho gave a halfhearted smile at the kiddo and earned a hard whack on his arm for his lack of enthusiasm.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Why are you hiding behind the wall like that?’ Yunho asked.

 

‘I…’ Sumire had watery eyes.

 

‘Don’t cry on me again,’ Yunho warned.

 

‘I’m doing my best…’ Sumire pouted, ‘But…’

 

‘Whatever you choose to do, do it without regrets.’ Yunho patted Sumire’s shoulder.

 

Sumire nodded again, ‘I’m going to talk to Aunt.’

 

Yunho nodded back at her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Thanks for everything today, Daddy.’ Sumire told Yunho on the car ride back home after they safely landed in Seoul that night.

 

‘You’re welcome.’

 

‘Daddy, please don’t be angry.’ Why was this question so familiar?

 

‘Speak.’ Yunho replied while he parked the car in the basement carpark under their apartment block.

 

‘I asked Aunt Michiyo about my birth parents.’

 

Yunho gestured for her to go on.

 

‘She said my grandmother was the one who brought me there.’

 

And?’ Yunho asked softly.

 

‘Aunt said that my grandmother shared with her that my mom… she… d-died during childbirth.’

 

Yunho didn’t know what to say to Sumire.

 

‘They were… very poor and my g-grandmother couldn’t afford to take care of m-me.’

 

‘What about your father?’ Yunho questioned.

 

‘Aunt doesn’t know about that… he wasn’t mentioned in the story my grandmother shared so he was most probably a no-good-person, I guess.’ Sumire frowned.

 

‘Do you regret knowing about this?’

 

Sumire thought for a while, ‘No. It’s all in the past. And besides, I have you now.’

 

Yunho couldn’t help but smile, ‘I’m not the best parent around, so please do guide me.’

 

‘You’re doing fantastic so far.’ Sumire beamed.

 

Yunho cleared his throat, ‘Let’s head upstairs now.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~