ISSUE ⑧

Blitz Magazine

 

You couldn’t believe your luck when you got up on a rainy Sunday morning and the first thing you grabbed was your Blackberry which beeped and awoken you from your light slumber, signaling that a text had just came in.

 

Yes, in Blitz, your phone had become your lifeline and you depended on it as much you needed a beating heart to stay alive. And also, you needed to mentally train yourself to become a light sleeper. Miraculously, you somehow managed to change your sleeping habits.

 

You were greeted by a text message from your department head: Kim Jaejoong.

 

 

 

Good morning Number 4.

 

I am down with a really bad case of flu.

Jiji will be sent over to your house at 9am.

Take good care of him for the next 2 days.

And yes, that means your job for the next 2 days will be solely babysitting my child.

He is well behaved and should be quite obedient (only if he likes you…).

I’ll see you in the office on Tuesday.

And bring him along when you return for work.

I will inspect him for changes and damages.

 

Your y-Fashionista Boss,

Jaejoong.

 

 

 

Jaejoong’s married?

 

He’s a father?

 

How old was the monster anyway?

 

Your heart fell but when you saw a cage outside your door when the bell rang, you heaved a sigh of relief you never knew you had held.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The cat was as gorgeous and ‘nasty’ as it’s owner.

 

You got scratched twice trying to bathe it.

 

You got jumped at when you didn’t feed it its lunch.

 

‘You ing eat raw tuna? Pampered furball…’ You rolled your eyes when you uncovered the icebox from a large package that came with the cat delivery this morning.

 

The package had all the stuff Jiji needed, from toys to food to clothes.

 

But you left Jiji ‘’ because it almost scratched you for the third time when you attempted to put a hoodie on him.

 

‘Your owner would want you to always look your best,’ you pouted when Jiji raised its claws at you menacingly.

 

You gave up and threw the hoodie into the large box.

 

He seemed to notice that you had raised your white flag at trying to dress him so he safely curled up on your lap and purred in satisfaction.

 

‘So adorable,’ you cooed while it behind its ears.

 

Jiji looked up at you and then surprisingly, got up and the part of your arm where it had previously scratched.

 

‘You’re sorry?’

 

Jiji snuggled closer to you, using its paws to pat your palm a couple of times.

 

‘You definitely have more conscience than Jaejoong,’ you smiled fondly at Jiji, who purred softly and went to take catnap.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘You’re ing kidding me right!?’ You rolled your eyes when Jaejoong placed Jiji on the scales.

 

‘I’m not, I’m dead serious about weight issues,’ Jaejoong stared with utmost concentration at the weighing scale, waiting for the weight to be revealed.

 

Jiji looked at you sadly.

 

‘I’ll be fine,’ you smiled at the beautiful feline, who purred back at you cheerfully.

 

‘Great job, Number 4,’ Jaejoong carried Jiji off the weighting machine and set it down on the floor to roam around the department.

 

‘Thanks,’ it was rare for Jaejoong to compliment you.

 

Hell, he hardly compliments anyone since he would rather receive them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When you were a couple of bus stops away from reaching the office, you got another shocking morning message from Jaejoong, stating that he was going to meet you at Blitz building’s entrance at 8.30am. You checked your watch, it was 8.15.

 

Sounds good.

 

But wait, on second thought…

 

That just sounded ing suspicious.

 

You kept thinking about the reason why Jaejoong wanted to meet you before work started that morning.

 

He was going to confess to you (HA, who were you kidding?).

 

He was going to fire you.

 

He was going to drag you along to shop.

 

‘You’re going to park my car for me,’ Jaejoong woke you from the ‘best and worse case scenarios’ playing in your head.

 

‘Wh-what!?’ You stuttered as you got caught off guard.

 

‘The carpark’s full,’ Jaejoong stated while he checked hair with a red hand held Hello Kitty mirror he whipped out from the front compartment of his Louis Vuitton bag.

 

He was perhaps the only guy you’ve ever met in your life who was capable of using Hello Kitty products without looking like a moron.

 

‘Have you tried driving around the carpark to look for a spot?’ You huffed irritably.

 

‘There’s a shareholder’s meeting at 10am and unfortunately, my personal parking space has to be loaned to one of the shareholders. Besides…’ Jaejoong pointed to the flashing ‘FULL’ sign at the entrance of the underground carpark.

 

He tossed you the car keys and walked into the building.

 

You would have started an argument with him like you always did, but salivating over the way he ily sauntered into the lobby in those tight fitting pants seemed more worthy of your time.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You drove around the carpark for a full 20 minutes but there was still no spot to be found.

 

Of course not, the carpark was ing full.

 

Frustrated, you stopped the car at a corner to close your eyes to stop the headache.

 

When you opened your eyes a few minutes later, you saw a huge Bentley behind you.

 

The driver got out.

 

Jung-looking-annoyed-but-hot-at-the-same-time-Yunho knocked on the tinted glass of Jaejoong’s Ferrari and you pressed a button to automatically scroll down the window.

 

‘Please tell me you’re not attempting to steal a car, and of all people’s, Jaejoong’s,’ Yunho pinched the bridge of his nose, attempting to stay as calm as possible.

 

‘Jaejoong told me to find a spot for his car but I’ve been doing so for half an hour but to no avail.’

 

Yunho regained his composure, ‘Create a parking spot then.’

 

Huh!?’ You cried.

 

Yunho beckoned with a hand gesture to follow him so you got out of the car. Yunho opened his car’s trunk and handed you a can of white paint and a large paintbrush.

 

‘Create 2 now.’

 

‘But…’ You looked at the bucket of paint and brush confusedly.

 

‘Paint 2 parking spots at a place that doesn’t block traffic flow.’

 

‘But…’

 

‘Please.’

 

‘Right away, Mr. Jung!’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After you painted the 2 spots, both Yunho and yourself parked the cars and headed towards the lift lobby together.

 

‘Which floor Mr. Jung?’

 

Seriously?’

 

‘38 is it.’

 

‘Thank you.’

 

‘Why’s he so polite today?’ You muttered softly under your breath.

 

Excuse me? I’m always polite.’

 

You jumped and turned red when you realised that he had heard you.

 

‘I’ve n-never heard you s-say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ before, s-so… y-yeah,’ you reasoned.

 

‘Oh.’ Yunho answered simply.

 

And silence fell between the two of you.

 

The lift stopped at the 20th floor.

 

Just when you were about to bow to Yunho before you exited the lift –

 

‘YOU’RE LATE!’ Jaejoong jumped in front of the lift’s door as soon as it opened, shocking the hell out of you and you screamed in fright.

 

‘I was parking your car, you er!’ You argued back, ‘My lateness should be overlooked!’

 

‘Jaejoong, let Latecomer off.’

 

Fine,’ Jaejoong pouted childishly and stomped off.

 

‘Thank you, Mr. Jung,’ you bowed.

 

‘You’re welcome. You’re free to curse and cuss at Jaejoong but watch your language in front of me. That’s all. I’ll see you when I see you.’ And Yunho closed the lift door in your face.

 

You just realised that Jung Yunho was the ING COOLEST (AND HOTTEST) BOSS IN THE WORLD.

 

‘All hail, Jung Yunho!’ You proclaimed when you entered the office, earning confused looks from Number 1, 2 and 3.

 

Jaejoong still had that angry pout on his face while he typed harshly on his keyboard.

 

Was Jaejoong perhaps…jealous?

 

Ooooooooo…

 

‘Hey,’ you scrolled your chair towards Junsu’s desk, ‘Are you on Team Jaejoong or Team Yunho?’

 

‘You sound like my Twilight obsessed brother! Wait, let me think…’ You heard Junsu let out a terrified ‘EEK!’ before he muttered, ‘Jaejoong.’

 

You turned around and saw Jaejoong smirk.

 

‘Cheater!’ You shot Jaejoong a dirty look.

 

‘Which team are you on then?’ Jaejoong challenged.

 

‘Yours,’ you replied softly and quickly looked away in embarrassment.

 

From the corner of your eye, you saw Jaejoong smile for a split second.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~