ISSUE ⑱

Blitz Magazine

 

 

‘Intern 2 is definitely 100% slave material,’ Jaejoong declared during lunch break.

 

‘Aren't they all slaves to you?’ You rolled your eyes.

 

‘True, but she totally up to me from the start. Yunnie was right.’

 

‘Huh? What has Yunho got to do with this?’ You questioned.

 

‘I’m always right,’ Yunho suddenly appeared out of nowhere and grabbed a seat in between you and Jaejoong.

 

‘Right about what?’ You got even more confused.

 

‘I was waiting for the lift at the lobby when I saw Fendi girl roaming around the ground floor. Curious, I studied her. Fendi bag fresh off the shelves, nails with no manicure done and neatly clipped, which was highly suspicious – because only one who had an insider’s scoop would know about the spot checks. Plus, why would an overly well dressed woman pamper her toes with pedicure and leave out the nails?’

 

You shuddered.

 

She knew about the strict spot checks even before she even started work?

 

That girl was definitely hell bent on getting a perfect grade for her internship.

 

‘You even checked out her toes?’ You gaped at Yunho.

 

Ignoring you, Yunho stated, ‘I concluded that Jaejoong’s scored himself the most submissive boot er in this year’s intake of interns.’

 

‘You’re really good,’ you told Yunho.

 

‘The best,’ Yunho corrected you, ‘I need to pick the kid now. I’ll see you when I see you. Farewell.’

 

With that, Yunho walked out of the cafeteria.

 

‘Who’s the kid he was talking about?’ You asked.

 

‘Yunnie’s a daddy now. He’s like Mother Mary isn’t he? Having a kid while skipping the production process.’

 

‘He has a kid?’ You gaped, ‘How and since when?’

 

‘About a week ago. His birth mother, Miss Park, adopted a Japanese girl but Park died of cancer, so Yunho has been given legal guardianship over the 10-year-old kiddo.’

 

‘I cannot imagine Yunho taking care of… a child.’

 

I know,’ Jaejoong laughed, ‘But he should have been married and having kids a long time ago. I guess Gawd decided to not let him off the hook when it comes to parenting.’

 

Gawd sure works in underhanded ways.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘I didn’t see you at lunch Young Mi,’ you flopped down onto your chair and looked at the intern who was busy typing away on the laptop.

 

‘I’ll grab something within the last 10 minutes of break,’ she muttered, eyes never leaving the screen.

 

‘Suit yourself,’ you shrugged and began with your own data entries which were supposed to be done by the end of today.

 

‘Dan Bi was snooping around your desk when I came back from the toilet just now, that’s why I couldn’t leave until you returned,’ Young Mi explained while whispering.

 

‘Who’s Dan Bi? Ohhhh, let me guess! Erm… the one who up to Jaejoong just now?’

 

She nodded.

 

‘Are all 5 of you guys from the same school?’

 

‘No, Dan Bi and I are from the same college and the other 3 are from another school.’

 

‘Oh.’ You replied, ‘Snooping around my desk? What does she want now, up to me as well?’

 

‘It’s normal for her to start building connections wherever she goes. And besides, you’re a really valuable asset to her if you two get along.’

 

‘Why would I be – ’ you replied, ‘Oh wait, because of my relationship with Jaejoong right?’

 

‘Bingo!’ She laughed.

 

‘So I’m not the valuable one then,’ you sulked.

 

‘Come on 4, everyone in here is an equally good worker, minus us interns of course, because we’re basically inexperienced. Don’t look down on yourself.’

 

‘I’m so glad you’re assigned to me! We’re getting along well and you’re even watching my back for me! We haven’t fought yet, which is absolutely brilliant! I’ll go get you something to eat while you finish up your work,’ you grabbed your wallet and headed towards the lift lobby.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You forgot to ask Young Mi what she wanted so you bought an array of food for her to choose from.

 

Shrugging, you could always pass the leftovers to the rest in the department.

 

‘If you’re vegetarian, here’s a salad and if you’re a healthy omnivore, here’s a chicken salad. If you’re a normal eater, here’s a club sandwich and if you’re starving, here’s pizza.’

 

‘I’m a… hungry intern. I’ll just eat everything.’

 

‘Oh my Gawd, you’re exactly like me! Okay, now I’m jealous! How can you be a size 2?’

 

‘You know my size!?’ She looked really impressed by you.

 

‘I’m experienced since I do model fittings and I can see you're about their size.’

 

‘I guess I’m one of those girls you hate who don’t get fat even if they eat loads?’

 

‘You must go for lunch with me tomorrow! I’ll introduce you to Changmin too, he’s a food monster like us!’

 

‘Okay!’ She nodded and took the paper bags full of food from you.

 

You sat back down at your desk and saw a note pasted on the side of your desktop screen.

 

You plucked it off and read it.

 

 

Hi there, Number 4!

This is Intern 2, Dan Bi here.

If you need any help, do tell me.

I am more than willing to assist you!

 

 

You cursed Jaejoong inwardly for manipulating you in his: The Interns email as you approached Dan Bi’s desk.

 

The beautiful intern with a well powdered up face smiled brightly at you as you stood in front of her table.

 

‘Yes, Number 4?’ She beamed up at you.

 

‘Oh, I’m surprisingly busy today and I think even doing overtime wouldn’t allow me to finish doing these data entries. Mind if you could help me out?’ You lied, dumping the files on her table.

 

She gladly accepted them and got to work.

 

, you want to play around with me? Want to make use of me? I’ll make you work for no benefits at all,’ you scoffed in your head.

 

When you got back to your seat, you rested your head on the table.

 

‘I’ve been hanging out with Jaejoong too much, I’m turning evil,’ you sighed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Intern 1, get me coffee,’ Jaejoong stated even though you had just handed a cup over.

 

You gave him a confused look but Jaejoong ignored it.

 

‘I’ll treat you to this,’ Jaejoong gave you back the cup.

 

‘Please drink this,’ you practically begged because you didn’t want a bipolar- in the office that day.

 

You were having a really bad day so far. Your car’s tail light was smashed when a car from the other lane came to close and destroyed it. You were screaming your ing head off in the middle of the highway when you both pulled off at the side of the road, causing an eventual traffic jam.

 

You ended up fighting with a whole bunch of angry held up motorists.

 

You almost arrived late at work when you got to the office with the coffee.

 

What you needed the least right now was a psychotic Jaejoong to add on to your already ruined morning.

 

‘ING DRINK THIS SO YOU CAN ING BEHAVE TODAY!’ You slammed the cup back down on the table and walked back to your desk.

 

Jaejoong eyed you curiously for a couple of seconds and signaled for Intern 1 to sit back down and continue with her work.

 

‘Just when I decided to drive to work for the first time today, my car gets trashed,’ you muttered angrily and pulled out your Blackberry to call to arrange for the replacement of your car’s tail light.

 

‘I need a tail light replacement for my car please…... Yes, my car was bought from your company…... You’re ing kidding me! Why must I wait for an entire week before I can send it over? you! Oh just shut the up!’ You threw your phone on the desk and walked out of the office.

 

‘Where are you going?’ Jaejoong walked out of the office and grabbed your wrist to prevent you from entering the lift.

 

‘I need to go up the life of the guy who ruined my car and make him pay for damages.’

 

‘Sounds more fun than planning photoshoots, let’s go,’ Jaejoong grinned.

 

You smiled for the first time that day.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~