ISSUE ㊾

Blitz Magazine

 

Sims says: As promised, this will be the second chapter for this week. My Baby 47 still isn't in sight, *sigh. 

 

AND PEOPLE, AFF NATUALLY RATES EVERY SINGLE UPDATE FOR BLITZ (I UNCHECK, THEY CHECK, I UNCHECK, THEY CHECK AGAIN... ARGH!!!) SO DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP FOR SOME KIND OF TY SCENE. 

 

AFF JUST WANTS TO AROUND WITH YOUR EMOTIONS

 


 

 

HOSPITAL STAY WEEK 8

 

 

Calming his nerves down and clutching onto a huge bunch calla lilies, Yunho finally willed himself to push open the door of Jaejoong’s private ward.

 

When Yunho turned around after closing the door, his eyes met with Jaejoong’s.

 

Jaejoong’s beautiful orbs had always reflected his inner thoughts and emotions, so Yunho could always tell whether Jaejoong was hiding something from him or not, but the sight before him caused his usually cold composure to crumble into nothingness.

 

‘Jae…’ Yunho muttered softly as he approached his younger brother’s bed.

 

Jaejoong’s once lively and expressive eyes were now like empty voids, cold and lifeless.

 

‘How are you feeling today?’ Yunho wanted to immediately slap himself for asking such an idiotic question but his brain just wasn’t working right as his sad eyes roamed around Jaejoong’s body, taking in the frail looking frame of his beloved brother's. 

 

Jaejoong reached out and patted Yunho’s coat pocket.

 

Yunho immediately pulled out his phone and handed it to Jaejoong.

 

 

 

HOW I FEEL?

WHY DON’T YOU SHOVE A ING TUBE DOWN YOUR THROAT AND TELL ME HOW THE IT FEELS LIKE?

 

 

 

Yunho flinched when Jaejoong handed the phone back with the typed reply.

 

‘I’m sorry,’ Yunho looked away.

 

Jaejoong snatched the device and typed like as if he wanted to destroy the keypad.

 

 

 

DON’T BE. I DON’T WANT YOUR PITY.

AND FLOWERS FOR ME?

WHY DON’T YOU GIVE ME A PLANT INSTEAD SO I CAN BE ROOTED IN HERE FOR LIFE?

 

 

 

Yunho frowned, ‘I could never do such a cruel thing to you, Jaejoong.’

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and resumed watching some marine life documentary on the television.

 

‘I spoke to the doctors before coming in…they said you can start consuming a semi-solid diet by the end of the month.’ Yunho grabbed a stool to sit by Jaejoong’s bedside.

 

Jaejoong ignored him.

 

‘I’ll try my best to visit you as much as I can.’ Yunho said in a soft voice.

 

 

 

WHAT FOR?

IS IT THAT ENTERTAINING TO SEE ME BEDRIDDEN LIKE THIS?

 

 

 

‘Stop with all the negativity, Jaejoong, it doesn’t help.’ Yunho frowned hard, ‘And the nurse told me you tried vomiting everything out during bath times.’

 

Jaejoong switched off the television and threw the control violently onto the floor.

 

 

 

SHUT THE UP.

THIS DYING PATIENT NEEDS TO ING REST.

 

 

 

Yunho let out a defeated sigh, ‘I’ll see you again this weekend.’

 


 

 

HOSPITAL STAY WEEK 13

 

 

‘Jae, hey buddy!’ Yoochun beamed as he entered Jaejoong’s ward with Yunho.

 

Yunho on the other hand kept quiet and sat down on the sofa against the wall.

 

‘I see they got you off the tube already, that’s just fantastic,’ Yoochun continued rattling off as he opened the curtains, allowing the bright sunshine to fill the depressingly dark room.

 

Jaejoong winced and pull the blankets up to cover his entire being.

 

Yoochun chuckled, ‘Still our overly-protective-about-my-skin-Jae.’

 

Jaejoong curled himself into a ball under the blanket.

 

‘Yoochun,’ Yunho reminded the teenager.

 

‘Sorry, Yunho,’ Yoochun scratched his head sheepishly, ‘Well, Jae, that’s kinda rude if you don’t talk to your esteemed guests. After all, I spent 2 hours travelling from home to this place.’

 

‘No one told you to come anyway,’ a small voice came from under the blanket.

 

‘Finally, baby Jae has learnt to speak.’ Yoochun gave a hearty chuckle.

 

Yunho had a small smile on his face.

 

‘Well, if you’re not going to talk, I’m going to.’ Yoochun sat on the side of Jaejoong’s bed, ‘School without you, Jae. No one to talk nonsense with and gossip about the fashion faux pas of teachers. And school work just keeps piling up- Miss Kwon keeps telling us that it’s to prepare us for high school. I mean, bull man, it’s still 1 and a half years more. Oh, and I dropped a fake lizard in that hooker’s locker. She screamed her lungs out.’

 

Then there was an awkward silence.

 

Jaejoong reappeared from under the blankets and used both bands to grab Yoochun’s neck.

 

‘Yoochun, don’t fight Jaejoong, you might hurt him.’ Yunho stood up and approached them both.

 

‘He might be sick… b-but, he’s still b-bloody strong,’ Yoochun started to choke.

 

Yunho patted Jaejoong’s back, told him to calm down and said Yoochun just wanted to lighten the atmosphere with some sharing.

 

Jaejoong huffed in anger and let go of Yoochun, only to turn around a split second later to backhand Yunho harshly on the face.

 

The echoes seemed to go on for eternity and Yoochun immediately cupped his hands over his mouth in shock.

 

‘If it makes you feel better, carry on,’ Yunho challenged by looking into his younger brother’s eyes which were filled with both hate and sorrow.

 

Jaejoong started to sob and pulled his hair in frustration.

 

‘Jae,’ Yunho pulled Jaejoong into a hug but the wailing teenage only pounded violently with his fists on his elder brother’s back in retaliation.

 

Sensing that Yunho wasn’t planning on breaking the hug anytime soon, Jaejoong stopped hitting the elder and settled for crying pitifully in Yunho’s embrace.

 

‘Where has our fabulous Jaejoong gone to?’ Yoochun sighed.

 

Jaejoong cried even harder.

 

‘Promise me that you will not take it out on yourself anymore,’ Yunho patted his younger brother’s head.

 

Jaejoong looked up at Yunho with huge teary eyes.

 

‘Don’t think I don’t know, I saw…them,’ Yunho frowned.

 

Jaejoong pouted sadly and looked away.

 

‘Saw what?’ Yoochun asked Yunho.

 

Yunho lifted Jaejoong’s hospital gown slightly and there were bruises on his thighs.

 

‘How did you…’ Yoochun looked up at Yunho inquisitively.

 

‘When he got up to choke you, I noticed.’ Yunho muttered.

 

Yoochun gaped, ‘Your observation skills never fail to amaze me.’

 

‘So is that why you always hate me being here?’ Yunho used his thumbs to wipe Jaejoong’s tears off his face, ‘That I’ll know how broken and hurt you really are?’

 

Jaejoong flushed slightly and hid his face back in Yunho chest, causing Yoochun to laugh heartily.

 

‘I think the meds are kicking in,’ Yoochun concluded.

 

Yunho looked at the clock on the wall. The nurses always came in to give Jaejoong his pills after lunch and that was just minutes before their visit.

 

‘I can’t handle his alter ego,’ Yunho shuddered and pried the younger off himself but Jaejoong only hugged his elder brother tighter.

 

‘I’ll help,’ an amused Yoochun poked Jaejoong’s cheek to get his attention and held his arms out, ‘Come here Jae, your brother’s tired so I’ll be your tree instead.’

 

Jaejoong thought for a while then crawled over to attach himself onto Yoochun.

 

‘I’ll get back home to finish my thesis paper since it should be fairly safe with a docile Jaejoong,’ Yunho smiled.

 

‘Okay,’ Yoochun then held up the control by the bed, ‘I’ll just press this button for the nurse’s help if this koala here attacks me, so no worries.’

 

Yunho patted Yoochun’s shoulder, said goodbye to them both and left.

 


 

 

HOSPITAL STAY WEEK 18

 

 

‘Make sure you scare that everyday,’ Jaejoong pouted.

 

‘I will, Jae.’ Yoochun smiled, ‘I’ll drop surprises in her locker and schoolbag every single day.’

 

The door opened and Yunho came into the room, ‘You’re here early, Yoochun.’

 

‘Yeah, I was chauffeured here.’ Yoochun smiled.

 

‘I see,’ Yunho closed the door behind him, ‘I heard good things from the psychologist, Jaejoong.’

 

‘What did she say?’ Jaejoong looked at Yunho.

 

‘Well, she said that you are now more open about sharing your inner thoughts and that you’re well on your way to getting your life back on track soon enough.’ Yunho ruffled Jaejoong’s hair in affection.

 

Jaejoong managed a small smile, ‘I need to get better to achieve my life goal.’

 

Yunho nodded in agreement, ‘And read up on the latest trends too. You’re kind of outdated for now, I presume.’

 

Totally, and just thinking about that makes me depressed all over again.’ Jaejoong gave a disgusted look.

 

‘Need me to grab your anti-depressants?’ Yoochun joked.

 

‘Overdosing would be bad,’ Yunho stated, ‘He just had his an hour ago.’

 

‘Yunnie’s still the best,’ Jaejoong smiled up at Yunho, ‘He knows everything relating to me so well.’

 

Gawd,’ Yoochun rolled his eyes, ‘You make me feel like a lousy friend all of a sudden.’

 

Jaejoong laughed, ‘You’re still my best buddy…only because there’s no one else to fight that position from you anyway.’

 

Yoochun gave Jaejoong a look of surprise.

 

What!?’ Jaejoong tilted his head in question.

 

‘You’re okay with talking about…best buddies?’ Yoochun asked hesitantly.

 

‘You obviously haven't been paying attention to what Yunnie said just now. Louise praised me for being more open about sharing now.’ Jaejoong beamed.

 

‘That’s great.’ Yoochun gave a huge sigh of relief, ‘Our Jae’s finally back.’

 


 

Sims says again: Yeah, Louise was Jae’s psychologist/counselor during his darkest point in time fighting for his life against anorexia and depression. Yunho later hired Louise when Jaejoong joined Blitz in order to keep a look out for him in case he falls back into depression, knowing the amount of stress work and expectations can bring to employees in the magazine (and also to observe suspicious behaviour within the company as well, *laughs). 

 

COMMENTS PLEASE AND THANK YOU.