ISSUE ⑳

Blitz Magazine

 

You noticed a really pretty Chinese-looking vase sitting on your desk.

 

However, it was such a waste that it was empty.

 

‘Who donated this vase to me?’ You picked it up from the table and directed the question to everyone present in the office.

 

‘I bought it for you,’ Jaejoong stated matter-of-factly while editing an article on his desktop computer.

 

‘You bought me a vase, wow,’ you sat back down and admired it.

 

‘It’s about thrice your pay, so don’t you dare break it,’ Jaejoong warned.

 

‘Okay,’ you nodded and placed it slowly back on the desk.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

To: [email protected]

From: [email protected]

 

 

Subject: The 20th Human Resources Budget Meeting + Warnings

 

 

Good Afternoon.

 

 

The subject title itself is already scary enough and you opening up this email is already a big accomplishment. To award your courage, you are hereby invited to attend the annual Human Resources Budget Meeting this coming Saturday on the 3rd of February 20XX.

 

The meeting was scheduled to be on the 14th of February but noting that some of my valued staff actually have time to pursue a love life, I have decided to bring it forward so as not to mess up whatever mood or activities of these affected people.

 

Why not after Valentine’s Day then?

 

Unlike the past years, this year will see no one being fired or retrenched.

 

Yes, that above is another benefit of opening and reading this email.

 

If you would like to thank me, I would like no more accessing of Facebook and Twitter during work hours. I am aware that it is important to build connections and such social networking websites are valuable sources to gain such things.

 

However, requesting for pictures and talking dirty with other users hardly spells ‘healthy social networking’. Do not make me send a list of guilty staff names to everyone else in the company. Mind you, it is a very long list.

 

I am well aware of the Anti-Jung-Yunho-Society within Blitz.

 

Go ahead and hate on me, I am not ordering an immediate disbandment of this not-so-secret yet supposedly supposed-to-be-secret organisation.

 

All I want to say to these staff members is to clear up properly after themselves after conducting meetings or rituals in these ‘secret venues’.

 

And now, back to the discussion of the budget meeting.

 

These topics will be covered and discussed during the meeting.

 

- Blitz Revenue for 20XX

- Human Resources Restructuring

- Staff affected by the Restructuring

- Revised Benefits for the Staff

 

 

With all that said, I hope to see you at the Human Resources Budget Meeting.

 

 

Regards,

Jung Yunho.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘This resembles some mafia scene from a movie,’ you whispered to Jaejoong.

 

Because of the overwhelming turn out for this year’s Human Resources Budget Meeting, the venue, which was meeting room on the 38th floor, was shifted to the basement carpark.

 

‘It’s so stuffy,’ you ed the first 2 buttons of your blouse, ‘You’re suffering really badly aren’t you?’

 

Jaejoong was in a double-ed blazer and his entire suit was made of a rich wool-blended fabric with a high collared shirt worn on the inside.

 

‘Style is top priority and fashion always come with a price, but I’m not complaining,’ Jaejoong replied.

 

‘Okay, enjoy the your sauna session then,’ you chuckled.

 

Yunho proceeded to stand before the seated crowd and held onto a microphone at 11.38am.

 

‘Good morning. Thank you for your cooperation in bringing your own seats down to this new meeting venue. I will do my best to speed up this meeting so you all do not die of a heatstroke,’ Yunho stated.

 

This earned some laughs from the audience.

 

‘Our revenue rose by 8% as compared to the previous year because more big names in the market, especially in the fashion and electronics sectors, were willing to pour in more money to buy advertisement spaces in our magazine. Also, subscriptions to our magazine rose by 3%.

 

‘Because of this, the finance department and myself have decided to increase the amount set aside for Blitz’s Human Resources Restructuring programme. This will see 3 promotions within the company.’

 

Gasps were heard.

 

‘Why are they all looking so shocked?’ You nudged Jaejoong.

 

‘There was not a single promotion last year.’

 

You could only nod.

 

‘First promotion goes to Park Yoochun, our Lifestyle Director.’

 

There were endless cheering and wolf whistles from the staff.

 

‘Crowd favourite,’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front his chest.

 

‘Yoochun is friendly to everyone, especially his department staff.’ You laughed at Jaejoong’s childish actions.

 

‘Mr. Park will become our new Creative Director.’

 

More cheers were heard and the level of applause was deafening.

 

‘Whoa, that’s like the second highest rank in the company just behind Yunho,’ you gaped and Jaejoong nodded.

 

‘Our current Creative Director will switch job positions with Mr. Park.’

 

‘Ooo-s,’ were heard.

 

‘Why was Mr. Park promoted? I see that he has already done the best in helping the Lifestyle Department reach its fullest potential and now the magazine needs his assistance in pulling both the Lifestyle and Fashion departments together to create a cohesive image and visual identity.

 

‘The next 2 promotions are from our infamous Wardrobe department.’

 

‘Do you know anything about this?’ You looked at Jaejoong.

 

‘Shut up and listen.’ Jaejoong drawled, busying himself with a Tetris game on his iphone.

 

‘Kim Junsu is undergoing his 3 months intensive Stylist training as arranged by the Wardrobe’s department head, Kim Jaejoong. After that drilling, he will be promoted to work in the Styling department.’

 

You jumped in your seat and clapped enthusiastically.

 

‘4!’ You heard Junsu’s signature shrilly voice and you turned, spotting the new-blonde haired Number 3.

 

You waved and shouted a loud ‘Congratulations! You got your dream job!’ to him and he nodded excitedly.

 

‘The last promotion goes to the Wardrobe’s Latecomer.’

 

Your heart literally stopped.

 

‘Latecomer will become Senior Fashion Assistant and her first task is to find a Fashion Assistant to fill up Kim Junsu’s spot within one month or lose the promotion.’

 

You sulked.

 

‘Nothing in this world comes for free,’ came from your boyfriend sitting beside you.

 

Yeah, yeah,’ you rolled your eyes.

 

‘Last but not least, everyone in Blitz will be getting a 2 months bonus.’

 

You screamed and Jaejoong started to giggle to himself.

 

‘Now, on to the last topic, which is the Revised Benefits for the Blitz’s Staff. All the current benefits will remain the same. New additions made will be the availability of claiming unlimited travel tickets for personal vacations. I repeat, only for your use. Do not abuse this system because I always know. And when I catch you, expect that justice will be served. The other new staff benefit will be the increment of personal leave days. Instead of 9, you all will get 12, not that any of you use them, but this will look pretty in the company report for next year. I have come to the end this meeting, so everyone can now back to your offices to cool yourselves down.’

 

And the fastest ever human dispersal happened before your eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Please comment on how I'm doing so far on this series!

Thanks!