ISSUE ㊵

Blitz Magazine

 

 

‘4, speaking.’ You answered your phone.

 

‘Hello, Department Head,’ Louise replied in a seemingly rushed tone, ‘You have exactly 5 minutes to get yourself up to the meeting room.’

 

‘There’s a meeting? How come I wasn’t informed until now?’ You questioned as you quickly saved the document you were working on and stood up.

 

‘Mr. Park just called for an emergency meeting, or rather, a telling off session.’

 

‘Yoochun’s gonna tell people off?’ You had to reconfirm the secretary’s words.

 

‘Yes, Department Head, he is going to tell the Fashion Department off.’ With that, Louise ended the call.

 

You didn’t know what to expect. After all, Yoochun had always been the happy go lucky and bubbly person in your eyes, which was also the reason why he was worshipped by majority of the employees in Blitz.

 

So… It couldn’t be as bad as one of Jaejoong’s fits right?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Fashion Director Heo was the last one to enter the meeting room and all eyes were on the loud fur cape she had on.

 

‘Isn’t it summer?’ You whispered to Yunho who was seated on your left.

 

Yunho simply shrugged.

 

‘Let’s begin.’ Yoochun stood up from his seat at the head of the table, ‘I was lenient enough close one eye on the consistency of work from the Fashion Department for last month’s issue because there were a lot of rearrangements in roles and responsibilities. However, the Black File (mock up of the magazine) for this month’s issue was submitted to me yesterday night and I had the shock of my life. To put it simply, the crap you guys gave me was not good enough even for small time publications.’

 

You winced.

 

‘There was no consistency in content,’ Yoochun flipped open the file to the first page, ‘Here you tell me that I’m supposed to be looking at prints. Fine. Next few pages, you tell me about romantic neutral and pastel tones. Sounds fishy already. Then, you give me bright and bold concept photoshoots. Lastly, you give me a trend analysis on androgynous dressing. What’s going on?’

 

Yunho shot you a quick look of, ‘This is going to be hard for me to help you out’ and you shot back a ‘Don’t worry, at least I’m not the first in line to get shot’. Yunho nodded and the both of you looked back at the now fuming mad Yoochun.

 

‘Miss Heo, care to explain?’ Yoochun looked at the Fashion Director.

 

‘This season’s about going wild and experimenting.’

 

‘So in short, this issue is about total chaos and has no actual style direction.’ Yoochun stated.

 

Heo thought for a while and nodded.

 

‘You’re the Fashion Director, you direct, so give the department an actual direction and redo everything.’ Yoochun threw the thick file at Heo who failed to catch it and it hit her left shoulder.

 

‘That looked really familiar,’ you thought as you recalled the countless of times Jaejoong threw stuff at Junsu in frustration.

 

‘R-redo e-everything?’ Heo spluttered as she rubbed her aching shoulder.

 

‘Do you need a hearing aid, Miss Heo? Allow me to repeat: Get a style direction and redo everything.’ Yoochun purposely enunciated each word extra slowly.

 

Heo gave an exasperated sigh and face palmed.

 

‘Do you know why there’s no cohesion?’ Yoochun scanned the entire room before continuing, ‘Because there’s no teamwork and communication. I do my own thing and you do yours, so when everything comes together, it just falls apart. Heo, you’re the leader so lead your team.’

 

Heo gave a curt ‘yes’ to Yoochun and looked away in both shame and anger. 

 

‘Since all the Fashion department heads are in here, might as well use this opportunity to have a direction brainstorming session, right?’ Yoochun suggested as he looked at the Fashion Director.

 

Heo gave a tired nod and went up front as Yoochun left the meeting room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘People, we’ll have to redo all photoshoots due to the new style direction, so that just means one thing: OT.’ With that, everyone in the Wardrobe groaned, ‘I know, I know, blame Heo entirely, and stop giving me angry looks- it’s not my fault. We’ll be receiving tons of calls and emails for stuff needed for photo and product shoots, so people, enjoy peace for today as the next few days will be ing hectic.’

 

You slumped in your chair and downed the entire bottle of apple juice on your table.

 

‘4, we have an emergency.’ Young Mi came running to you.

 

‘What now?’ You gave a tired sigh.

 

‘The c-courier van returning the dresses u-used for the photoshoot l-l-last week got all the garments s-sto-stolen.’ Young Mi stuttered.

 

‘WHAT THE !?’ You jumped out of your seat and grabbed Young Mi by her blouse’s collar, ‘Are you ing serious!?’

 

She nodded timidly.

 

‘ MY LIFEEEEEEEE!’ You ran out of the department and towards the lift lobby.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘You know, it’s not a very good image to portray by sitting outside our workplace, drinking apple juice from the 1 litre carton and eating instant noodles from a cup.’ Yunho joined you on the steps outside of Blitz’s building.

 

‘Not good for you either,’ you gave a dry laugh, ‘Now we both look like we just got fired or something.’

 

Yunho hummed in agreement. 

 

‘So free? No work to be done?’ You questioned.

 

‘I’m always free,’ Yunho sighed, ‘That’s why I’m always walking around and dropping by departments.’

 

You laughed, ‘It’s more of like scare sessions.’

 

Maybe,’ Yunho replied.

 

‘What will Jaejoong say if he hears of this?’ You sighed.

 

‘He’ll probably take the first flight here and slaughter Heo.’

 

‘Probably.’

 

‘I was thinking…’ Yunho hesitated.

 

You looked at him expectantly.

 

‘This will be extremely inconvenient for Jaejoong, but… I was thinking of making him fly to and fro, so the Fashion Department will not be in such a mess and besides, we both know only Jaejoong can truly handle the whole show.’

 

You thought for a while, ‘That would be really tiring and troublesome for Jaejoong. I mean, that’s like almost 2 days of flying per week.’

 

‘I know…’ Yunho said with slumped shoulders, ‘I really don’t want to keep Heo here… she’s pretty much hell bent on revenge rather than doing her job.’

 

Revenge?’ You repeated.

 

Yunho nodded, ‘Dresses don’t just get stolen like that.’

 

‘You know about that!?’ You gaped.

 

Of course,’ Yunho replied, ‘It’s too easy to spot suspicious behaviour after all my years in Blitz.’

 

‘Who’s behind it?’

 

Really?’ Yunho chuckled at you.

 

‘Heo right?’ You laughed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yunho and you decided to give Heo another chance and if next month’s issue wasn’t up to Yoochun’s high expectations as well, then she would be kicked back to the Shanghai branch and Jaejoong would have to fly to and from Korean and New York.

 

You were sure Jaejoong would be making a bigger fuss than Heo… obviously.

 

After a rather long and awkward talk with Heo, Yunho managed to send the dresses back to the respective labels.

 

This was what went down:

 

‘Heo, I unfortunately have to speak with you on a certain serious issue.’ Yunho knocked on Heo’s office door.

 

‘I would have never thought you would personally look for me,’ Heo smiled and gestured for Yunho to have a seat across her.

 

‘The way you twist words make it sound like as if… nevermind,’ Yunho however, remained standing outside of Heo’s office door.

 

Heo frowned and sat back down on her chair.

 

‘What can I do for you this afternoon?’ Heo’s smile was plastered back on her beautiful and unblemished face.

 

‘I know you intercepted the courier van- and stop giving me that look like as if you’re innocent. What you can do for me? Well, return those dresses back.’ Yunho replied.

 

‘Seriously, Mr. Jung, its not me.’ Heo laughed.

 

‘Then tell your accomplice to remedy this,’ Yunho drawled.

 

‘And what makes you think I have an accomplice?’ Heo challenged.

 

‘No one is as childish as you when it comes to plotting.’ Yunho gave a knowing smirk and Heo pursed her lips in anger.

 

‘I don’t know anything about this. And if that’s all you want to say to me, please leave.’ Heo pretended to be busy with the files before her.

 

‘You’re actually chasing me off?’ Yunho gave a dry laugh.

 

‘Why? Change of heart?’ Heo looked up expectantly at the Editor-in-Chief.

 

‘Never.’ Yunho replied, ‘You should have seen your expression just now… it was truly terrifying.’

 

‘My heart never changed as well,’ Heo stated.

 

‘Such dangerous words,’ Yunho remarked.

 

‘Am I not good enough?’ Heo suddenly stood up and walked slowly towards Yunho.

 

Yunho took a few steps back, ‘Come closer and I’ll have a restraining order against you.’

 

Heo stopped, ‘Just one date, that’s all I ask.’

 

‘No.’

 

‘Not even after 8 years of asking that very same question?’ Heo pleaded.

 

‘A firm no.’

 

‘Why did I even fall for such a heatless bastard like you,’ Heo shook her head disappointedly and went back to her seat.

 

‘I expect the dresses to be sent back to their respective labels before this workday ends. Don’t make me fire you without so called ‘hard evidence’.’ Yunho walked off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘It’s no use, we can’t destroy the Wardrobe, Yunho will always blame me even if I’m not the mastermind.’

 

‘So you’re just going to sit back and be trampled all over by that small time department?’

 

‘Seems that way.’

 

‘You can’t just give up like that. We’ll have to think of something of a much larger scale and kill them all off in one swift blow.’

 

‘How?’

 

‘Trust me on this one. Not even Mr. Jung can save them.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~