ISSUE ③

Blitz Magazine

 

 

When you arrived in Milan, you were chauffeured by the company’s Mercedes to the branch office in the heart of the city.

 

Ahh, the office was on the 38th floor.

 

‘Good morning!’ the Fashion Supervisor in the Milan Branch greeted you when you walked into their ‘Wardrobe’.

 

‘Good morning to you as well!’ You bowed.

 

‘You’re here for the scarves, coats and boots right?’ she asked while she sat behind her desk and opened the first file from the pile on the table.

 

‘Yes, I am.’

 

‘Julian! Get the items for the Headquarters here! The assistant from HQ’s here,’ the petite Italian supervisor called out.

 

Why can’t your boss be like her?

 

‘Here is it!’ Julian handed you a big black bag.

 

‘Thanks, I’ll be off now!’ You bowed and left the building.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You were sure this wasn’t part of the job, but you were now shopping in Prada for a pair of shades Jaejoong wanted.

 

‘It’s the cheapest to buy from the source,’ Jaejoong had said on the phone while you were on the way back to the hotel in the company car with the items collected from the Milan Branch in tow.

 

‘Are you going to pay me back?’ Your blood boiled.

 

‘Charge it to the company’s card.’

 

‘What the !?’ You bellowed, ‘That’s illegal! If you get caught you’ll lose your job!’

 

‘Correction, you’re the one who’ll get caught since you’re the one making the purchase. And two, I won’t lose my job, I’m the biggest asset in Blitz.’

 

‘ you!’ You cursed.

 

‘No thank you,’ Jaejoong laughed, ‘Get the shades. I sent the product code to your email already. And I assure you, it’s perfectly legal to do so.’

 

‘Legal in your ed up world, that is!’

 

‘Don’t get on my nerves, 4. I’ll see you and the shades tomorrow morning. Bye!’ Jaejoong ended the phone call.

 

So, the real reason why Jaejoong sent you on this ‘business trip’ was to carry out illegal shopping using company funds …

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Here’s the damned Prada shades you wanted and here’s the damned items for the photo shoot. Here’s the damned coffee from downstairs and here’s your damned fruit salad,’ you unloaded the junk from your hands.

 

‘What did you say to that pig faced Coffee girl downstairs?’ Jaejoong eyed you suspiciously.

 

‘Jaejoong’s-special-coffee-blend please. And a fruit salad too. Charge them to the company’s account.’

 

‘Perfect,’ he looked thoroughly satisfied as he sipped his drink.

 

He closed his eyes, as he tasted his coffee.

 

His eyes fluttered as he let out a rather lewd sounding whimper, like as if someone was giving him a under the table.

 

Your eyes went wide as you quickly went over to his side and squat down to look under his desk.

 

No one.

 

You don’t know whether to be relieved about this fact or not.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It seems that Jaejoong wasn’t exactly bipolar.

 

His personal philosophy on the first cup of coffee, shared by Number 3, whom you just had learnt that his name was Kim Junsu half an hour earlier, was perfectly true.

 

If Jaejoong had good coffee, he would be ‘slightly normal’.

 

If he had the Junsu-special-coffee-blend, then he would be ‘abnormal’, with the bipolar and PMS storm going down.

 

You were busy keying in the product code for every single accessory which was delivered an hour ago into an Excel sheet when a handsome stranger walked in.

 

This entire building was filled to the brim with hotties and you had yet to discover all of them.

 

Maybe you should skip lunch today to take a walk around the 38-storey building.

 

You made a mental note to bring along an entire roll of toilet paper to stop the highly possible nose bleeding.

 

‘Hey, is Jaejoong in?’ the guy asked.

 

‘Jaejoong’s in the changing room right now. He wanted to try on the new Hugo Boss suit that just came in this morning,’ Number 1 spoke with shiny eyes.

 

‘No surprise there. But I’m sure he doesn’t have to try it on. Anything looks good on him.’

 

You had to agree with the unknown hunk.

 

Oh, newcomer!’ He smiled and walked over to your desk.

 

You hastily wiped your now sweaty palms on your blazer and stood up.

 

‘Wait, allow me to recall,’ the guy signaled for you not to talk and you simply nodded.

 

You were sure it was the first time you two have ever met.

 

You also started to recall if you had ever seen him before.

 

‘Latecomer!’ He grinned.

 

,’ you rolled your eyes.

 

‘She always wants to have when she meets guys for the first time,’ Jaejoong appeared from behind the curtains at the back of the Wardrobe.

 

You were about to tell him to ‘Shut the hell up’ when his overwhelming presence stole the words from your mouth.

 

the suit.

 

It seemed to have been made to fit him, and only him.

 

‘Jae! Wow, that looks really good on you! And again, like I had told Number 1 earlier, anything looks good on you.’

 

I know,’ Jaejoong waved the compliment off, ‘I am so stealing this after the photo shoot’s done tomorrow.’

 

‘I think the reason why you gave up your previous position as the Executive Fashion Editor was to play dress up on this floor,’ the stranger laughed.

 

One of the reasons,’ Jaejoong corrected.

 

‘Lunch is in…’ the guy read his watch, ‘15 minutes. Want to grab it together?’

 

‘No thank you,’ Jaejoong pouted, ‘I’m going with Number 4 here.’

 

Seriously?’ You groaned.

 

‘We were supposed to discuss about Yunho’s birthday party earlier this week but you’ve been busy attending fashion shows for work these few days. Now that we’re both in the office today, why not?’

 

‘Crap! I had totally forgotten about Yunnie’s birthday!’ Jaejoong gave a dramatic hand gesture.

 

‘Of course you did, you lousy best buddy of Yunho’s.’

 

Yunho was best friends with Jaejoong? But they were worlds apart!

 

‘Okay, Yoochun! Join us for lunch then!’

 

Finally, you got to know that stranger’s name.

 

‘Since when did I agree to go for lunch with you in the first place?’ You gave Jaejoong an angry look.

 

‘I don’t see what’s the problem going out for lunch with 2 guys you want to . Maybe Yoochun here would be interested! You should be thanking me instead for playing matchmaker!’

 

‘ you!’ You spat and began clearing up your desk.

 

‘See? I told you Number 4’s always ually frustrated,’ Jaejoong nudged Yoochun.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

THIS WRITER NEEDS TO FEED ON COMMENTS TO FUNCTION.

SO PLEASE WRITE SOMETHING BELOW?