ISSUE ⑤③

Blitz Magazine

 

 

Frost was one of Blitz’s other publications that targeted teenagers (mainly 13 – 18 years old). It was slightly different from the main magazine, as its main focus was on Fashion, and covered other sub-topics such as what was ‘in’ for that specific age group and reviews on music, movies, books, etc.

 

One of Jaejoong’s protégés was the Editor-in-Chief of Frost and she had been requesting her teacher for the past 4 years to address her staff members because they had tons of questions to ask the Fashion Gawd.

 

Ever since taking on the job of being Jaejoong’s secretary, Louise kept getting emails from this certain Miss Hwang every 3 days or so. Getting rather fed up with the spamming despite stating that Jaejoong wasn’t free to attend the Q&A session, she finally came knocking on her boss’ door.

 

‘Come in,’ Jaejoong replied.

 

Louise entered the office, ‘Jaejoong, Miss Hwang has become a work nuisance. I just received another invitation from her.’

 

‘Can you sue her for harassment? Just how stubborn can she get!?’ Jaejoong sighed as he temporarily stopped working on his fashion forecast article. 

 

Louise let out a light chuckle, ‘Like teacher like student.’

 

Jaejoong sulked, ‘Excuse me? I’m not stubborn.’

 

Louise smirked, ‘Oh really?’

 

‘Should I go?’ Jaejoong messed up his hair in frustration.

 

‘Yes, so she can stop…harassing us both.’

 

‘Fine.’ Jaejoong waved Louise off, ‘I’m free this afternoon after 3pm.’

 

‘Noted. And your hair stuff is in the third drawer. I cleared up your messy desk this morning...as per usual.’

 

‘Oh…thanks.’ Jaejoong gave her a nod.

 

‘And it’s good to know you’ve cleared out all the…stuff,’ Louise bowed and left the office.

 

Jaejoong flipped her off before continuing with his work.

 


 

‘Jaejoong! You’re finally here.’ Hwang beamed when she saw Jaejoong enter Frost’s office.

 

‘Hello, my protégé,’ Jaejoong shook hands with her, ‘You’ve been really annoying.’

 

‘You too,’ Hwang muttered.

 

Jaejoong raised an eyebrow at her insolence.

 

‘Sorry,’ she bowed.

 

‘Lead the way,’ Jaejoong said.

 

The both of them entered a large conference room and everyone in there bowed when they saw Jaejoong and the Editor-in-Chief.

 

‘Greetings, everyone. We have the pleasure of having Blitz’s Editor-in-Chief, Kim Jaejoong with us today. Please ask questions till your heart’s desire because I have been working really hard for a really long time to get him to come here.’

 

The room started to chatter in excitement.

 

‘Okay, let’s begin.’ Hwang stepped off the podium.

 

Jaejoong pulled the chair to the middle of the stage and flopped gracefully down on it as he scanned the crowd.

 

‘You, in the striped Kate Spade dress,’ Jaejoong pointed at the raised hand.

 

The lady giggled and took the microphone, ‘You’re good.’

 

‘The best.’ Jaejoong shrugged, earning him some squeals from the audience.

 

‘Firstly, congratulations on your big promotion,’ the woman said.

 

Well, I knew that position would come to me eventually.’ Jaejoong gave her a cocky smile.

 

She grinned, ‘My question is, what actually made you want to work for a magazine? Why not somewhere else in the fashion industry? I read that you tamper in other aspects in fashion as well, even earning a couple of awards for your fashion designs back in your high school and college days.’

 

‘It all started off with my fabulous mother, who was a shopaholic. My parents were divorced and since I was single handedly brought up by my mother, I was, of course, extremely close to her. I was influenced by her and fell in love with clothes. My mother always brought me out to shop whenever she had her off days, but it was only once a week, so I was pretty depressed over that. I found the clothing meant for my age group back then to be boring and predictable. Comparing to what the adults could wear, my wardrobe dulled in comparison to that. I also disliked the fact that I had to re-wear stuff so I decided the only way to conquer these two problems was to sew my own clothes. And so, I had been sewing since I was 6, so of course my initial dream was to become a fashion designer.

 

‘But then, when I was 8, my mother remarried. My new daddy was the then Editor-in-Chief of Blitz. Of course I had known Blitz since my childhood days, but it wasn’t popular for it’s Fashion section back then, because most people who bought the magazine only did so to read the Lifestyle section.

 

‘I started to pick up the flaws in Blitz and told my step dad about it, telling him to revamp the whole section and put more focus on it, so both the Lifestyle and Fashion sections would be equally good. Of course my advice wouldn't work, you needed the right talent to push the magazine. I then branched out to reading up on styling and fashion trend forecasting. I found that those two aspects were more exciting than designing, so my goal changed… I wanted to work for Blitz, to improve the magazine. So here I am.’

 

‘Thank you,’ the woman bowed and the audience clapped.

 

‘Next one… guy in the ash grey Armani suit,’ Jaejoong looked at the last row of the room.

 

‘Damn, you’re really good,’ earning chuckles from the crowd.

 

Jaejoong simply shrugged, ‘You’ll look better in navy suits though. But no worries, you still look great as you are now.’

 

‘Thanks,’ the guy bowed, ‘I’ll keep that in mind. I would like to ask, what is it like to being on top?’

 

‘You mean career wise right?’ Jaejoong gave a cheeky grin and the crowd started to giggle and blush.

 

The guy laughed awkwardly and nodded.

 

‘Just wanted to lighten the atmosphere,’ Jaejoong gestured for him to sit, ‘Well, not much changes actually, except for a bigger paycheque.’

 

The audience laughed.

 

‘Besides having more pocket money, I now have a secretary and a PA, both whom are very efficient employees. My biggest responsibility is to directly liaise with the other Editor-in-Chiefs of the other Blitz branches so all magazines are cohesive and consistent in visuals and content. So now at the end of each life cycle (when the finalised mock up of the magazine is complete), I have to make sure that all magazines pass that criteria.’

 

After an hour or so, the Q&A then moved on to lighter and less serious topics…

 

‘Congratulations on your marriage.’

 

‘Where did you hear that from?’ Jaejoong asked curiously.

 

The beauty then heard murmurs of a certain gossip site created by Blitz’s own employees from the audience.

 

Interesting…’ Jaejoong muttered to himself.

 

‘Well then, thank you.’ Jaejoong beamed at the crowd.

 

‘What can you live without each day?’

 

‘Other than the obvious, my newly added on the list would be Kimchi. Both the side dish and my wife. That’s her pet name.’

 

‘Ooo-s’ and ‘Ahh-s’ filled the huge room.

 

‘I bet she must be a really awesome individual, to be able to capture your heart.’

 

Jaejoong chuckled, ‘That, she is.’

 

‘What is she like?’

 

‘She’s just as fabulous as me. We sort of have a love-hate relationship from the start till now, so we can’t survive a single day without verbally abusing each other.’

 

‘Is she as passionate about fashion as you?’

 

Jaejoong burst out in laughter before recovering a few seconds later, ‘She doesn’t give a about fashion. She lives by tee shirts, jeans and sneakers. She doesn’t care about diets and eats like a whale, I cannot imagine when she’s pregnant,’ he shuddered and continued, ‘But even though she’s clueless about fashion, she still works hard, reads up about it and accomplishes her tasks with utmost effort.’

 

‘Fashion or your wife?’

 

Jaejoong thought for a while.

 

‘My wifey.’

 

The crowd went ‘Aww’ and Jaejoong laughed. 

 

‘KIM ING JAEJOONG!’ A voice boomed from the entrance of the hall and everyone’s eyes were on the source of the voice.

 

‘That’s my wife.’ Jaejoong laughed and the audience gaped.

 

Kimchi stomped towards Jaejoong, oblivious of the stares from the others, ‘YOU DIDN’T ANSWER YOUR BLOODY PHONE AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME WHERE YOU WERE!’

 

‘I destroyed my phone earlier and besides, you could have asked Louise where the I was.’

 

‘She was sent on an emergency retrieval trip in Hong Kong so I couldn’t contact her. Nobody else knew where you were until I hacked into her computer. But anyways, you were supposed to be conducting a meeting half an hour ago with the Fashion Department on the Look-book.’

 

‘I’ve completely forgotten about it,’ Jaejoong didn’t look the least bit shocked, ‘Chill. I’ll finish this up, please stand aside.’

 

Kimchi rolled her eyes and stood at the corner of the room.

 

‘Well fashion people, it’s time for the fabulous me to get back to work. It was a pleasure being here this afternoon. Work hard for Frost.’ Jaejoong waved and got off the stage.

 

Jaejoong reached out for Kimchi’s hand as they headed out of the room.

 

‘The were you talking about in there?’ Kimchi asked.

 

‘Good things about you.’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘Like real.’ She scoffed.

 

‘Well… stuff about you,’ Jaejoong replied.

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

‘Listen up for your next assignment.’ Jaejoong said as he got into the company car.

 

Hmm?’ She asked.

 

‘Find out about this gossip site created by our own Blitz staff.’ Jaejoong frowned, ‘They’re like the paparazzi.’

 

‘There’s one?’ she gaped.

 

Exactly,’ Jaejoong gave a disgusted look, ‘Even Frost’s staff knows and reads stuff from there.’

 

‘Are they spilling secrets from our company?’ She questioned with a worried look on her face.

 

‘I don’t know, that’s why I want you to find out about this site.’

 

‘Okay, count on me.’

 

‘Ask Yunnie too, he’s a ing ninja when it comes to digging things out.’ Jaejoong stated and then ordered for the driver to head back to Blitz’s HQ. 

 


 

 

SIMS IS BEING RANDOM, SO ON TOP OF COMMENTING, PLEASE STUDY THE WAY YOU TYPE AND TELL ME HOW MANY FINGERS YOU USE TO DO SO.

I USE ONLY 3 FINGERS:

LEFT HAND - MIDDLE FINGER,

RIGHT HAND - MIDDLE AND INDEX.

 

GAWD, I'M SO WEIRD...