ISSUE ④

Blitz Magazine

Sims says:

 

OKAY, SO ALMOST EVERYONE HAS BEEF WITH YUNHO'S AGE. IS HE REALLY THAT OLD!? 

Listen to my explanation for the 'old age'. An Editor-in-Chief has got to be experienced and that just means he's definitely older than the rest of my characters. Okay??? And 34 is still really young for an Editor in Chief, so yups. (Just trying to be as realistic as possible...*sigh)

I'm not scolding you, just justifying the age. 

Okay, here's chapter 4.

Remember to comment or I will go on strike.

Just kidding, I'm not that petty.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

You were seated in the private booth at the back of the cafeteria (still looks like a damn classy restaurant to you) with an extremely eligible bachelor (Yoochun) and an insanely good-looking lunatic (Jaejoong).

 

‘How about a prank?’ Jaejoong suggested.

 

‘We did that 3 years ago and what happened?’ Yoochun sulked, stirring his iced lemon tea.

 

‘We got kicked out and there was no party,’ Jaejoong sighed, ‘Yunnie needs to go for a funny bone implant.’

 

You raised an eyebrow at your superior’s statement.

 

‘Eat your sins,’ Jaejoong signaled for you to carry on with your meal.

 

‘What sins!?’ You argued, ‘This is just pizza!’

 

‘Temper, temper!’ Jaejoong warned, ‘That’s 3 slices of unnecessary junk and that added heap loads of Parmesan cheese is just…atrocious.’

 

Jaejoong,’ Yoochun shook his head, ‘not everyone is as obsessed as you are about diets. Let 4 eat in peace.’

 

Great, now you’re known as 4 instead of Latecomer. You wonder if that’s worth celebrating or not.

 

‘Jaejoong! Yoochun!’ Fan-ing-tastic, another visual shocker appears in your life.

 

‘Changmin! Yo, man! Come on and join us,’ Yoochun pulled out a seat beside him so now you had the newcomer seated on your right.

 

‘Whoa, I’m not alone now,’ you grinned when you saw Changmin’s plate.

 

It was loaded with chicken wings, fried rice, potatoes and stir fried veggies.

 

‘The sight is killing me!’ Jaejoong whipped out the Prada shades you had illegally charged to the company’s account and put them on.

 

‘Like that’s going to stop you from seeing the food,’ you scoffed.

 

‘It shelters my delicate eyes from the oil that glistens.’ 

 

You rolled your eyes irritably.

 

‘You must be the new Fashion Assistant at the Wardrobe! I’m Changmin,’ the tanned employee offered you a handshake.

 

‘Hey there, I’m – ’

 

‘Number 4,’ Jaejoong finished your sentence for you.

 

‘Hi, 4!’ you gave a defeated sigh and shook hands with Changmin.

 

‘Looks like you found a new lunch buddy from now on, Changmin!’ Yoochun patted him on the back.

 

Changmin scanned your plate.

 

‘Great! Let’s exchange numbers!’ Changmin got his handphone out from his pocket and handed it to you.

 

You were more than happy to oblige.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You were wondering how Jaejoong managed to stay employed because from what you’ve observed so far, he had an erratic behaviour, played dress up way too much, went shopping (with the company’s credit card), had manicures (with the company’s credit card) and weekly hair trips to the salon (with the company’s credit card) during work hours.

 

Plus, you learnt from Yoochun’s statement before lunch that he was once Executive Fashion Editor, and that was the 4th highest-ranking position in Blitz.

 

He was definitely an idiot because he quit that high ranking and well paying job to come act as Barbie (He’s too pretty to be Ken) in his fantasyland, which was the department, filled to the brim with the latest material fashion goods.

 

After lunch, you guys had an emergency meeting.

 

Somehow, Number 1 and 2 cleared out the department, and just like how Moses parted the Red Sea, a huge aisle was formed and a make shift table was placed in the middle of the office.

 

‘In 3 days, the biggest photo shoot for the July Issue, which is a 12 page spread will be held in the Bank 5 streets down from our building. Number 1 and 3 will be the dogs for the stylists, running errands and doing all sorts of for those annoying pests. Number 2 and 4 will act as the wardrobe managers that day. Make sure to account for every single piece you loan out and make sure they’re returned. Any damages that cannot be fixed will be fully paid by you both. Losses will too. Number 1 will handle dry cleaning at the end of the day. Questions?’ Jaejoong looked at each and everyone at the table.

 

What the hell did Jaejoong just go on and on about?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You were most worried about the $100,000 pair of earrings that was going to be worn by a female model for the photo shoot that afternoon. Your entire focus was on those two tiny monsters.

 

The entire bank was on lock down, with security guards stationed around the perimeters of the vicinity, looking for suspicious behaviour.

 

The only non stressed out employee around from Blitz was most probably Jaejoong, who was fluttering around like a social butterfly, chatting up the models and sipping on his custom-Jaejoong-blend of coffee.

 

You sulked as you handed out the clothing assigned to each model.

 

It was the first time looking at bodies as you had to help with the fittings.

 

You wished they were males instead and specifically, either Jaejoong or Yunho.

 

In just 15 minutes, you typed on your laptop about needing to send 4 evening dresses for patching up after the shoot. You thought skinny models wouldn’t cause damage to the pieces but you had just realised how wrong you were.

 

Just when you were about to collect the first round of clothes, you felt something cold and hard pressed against your temple. You had a mirror before you and your eyes went wide when you saw that it was a gun.

 

your life.

 

You’ve never been in love.

 

You’ve never been on a date.

 

You haven’t gotten your dream job as a writer in Blitz.

 

You wished you Jaejoong in the lift on that first day of work.

 

Or winding back to an even earlier episode, get it on with Yunho on that large desk of his.

 

You’re going to die with so many regrets.

 

Life sure wasn’t fair.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘DON’T AROUND WITH MY EMPLOYEE!’ You heard a familiar voice yell out in fury as you felt the barrel of the gun disappear from the side of your head.

 

You stumbled backwards, into the arms of Number 2, who carefully placed your head in her lap while she sat Indian style on the floor, cooing you to calm your nerves when she felt your body tremble uncontrollably.

 

Jaejoong had the perpetrator on the cold hard marble floor, using his well-polished black boots to trample on the gunman.

 

When the guy tried to get up, Jaejoong broke the guy’s nose and had grabbed the nearest object available, which was a prop used for the photo shoot, A VASE, and smashed it onto the guy’s head.

 

You squeezed shut your eyes when Jaejoong has the vase positioned above his head, ready to destroy the guy’s brains, so you only heard the sound of the vase smashing into a million pieces.

 

You opened one eye first, and saw a pool of blood on the floor.

 

Your world faded to black.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘You should get a medal for your bravery.’

 

‘Nah, it’s all in a day’s work.’

 

‘Life is never boring when you’re around, Jaejoong.’

 

‘You should contemplate on being an action movie star.’

 

‘No thanks, Yoochun, those kind of actors get tanned and I want to keep my precious fair skin away from excessive sun exposure.’

 

‘Sure, sure, Princess Jae.’

 

The voices in the background woke you up and you stirred in the bed you were lying on.

 

‘Wake up, 4.’

 

Definitely, Jaejoong.

 

You opened your eyes, only to realise that your department head had breached all rights of your personal space.

 

‘I’m going ruin that pretty nose of yours if you choose to remain this close to my face,’ you warned.

 

Jaejoong immediately stepped backwards, grinning like an evil kid who stole the last cookie (But in his case, salad?).

 

‘Don’t treat Jaejoong so coldly. He did after all save you,’ Changmin appeared in your line of sight.

 

‘Right,’ you sighed, ‘Thanks, Jaejoong.’

 

‘If you really want to thank me, I want to see you working your fat off in the office tomorrow morning.’

 

And you immediately regretted thanking him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

DO COMMENT.

IT KEEPS THIS WRITER SANE.