ISSUE ㉟

Blitz Magazine

 

 

*Please take note that this writer will update once a week starting from August. (Going to become an INTERN so I'll most probably be busy kissing a**, HA.)

 

That aside, this is a pretty important chapter, so happy reading and do comment! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When Jaejoong feels euphoric, he goes shopping.

 

When Jaejoong feels blue, he goes shopping.

 

When Jaejoong feels pissy, he goes shopping.

 

Okay, you get it, but this time- this piece of y-gorgeousness really needed retail therapy.

 

Which was why he was now splurging on ridiculously expensive scarves in Hermes that he’ll never wear in his entire lifetime.

 

‘ing crazy mismatched colours,’ Jaejoong muttered despite walking out of the shop with his very much-unneeded purchases in various shopping bags.

 

Jaejoong began talking to himself while he walked down a long row of upmarket fashion labels in the mall.

 

‘Designer must have been on crack,’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes as he walked past a boutique with a giant window displaying horrid acid pink peacock-like dresses.

 

When Jaejoong was about to tell another shopper off for brushing against his awesome being, an announcement was made.

 

‘Dear valued shoppers, we are sorry for the interruption. Will Mr. Kim Jaejoong please kindly proceed to customer services on level three. Will…’ And the announcement was repeated once more.

 

‘What the ery!?’ Jaejoong cried but headed upstairs anyway.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Sir, this is clearly yours,’ the Customer Services personnel stated as she handed Jaejoong a Louis Vuitton messenger bag.

 

‘How do you know that?’ Jaejoong shot her a dirty look, unwilling to touch it even though he owned that very same model, which was most probably stuffed somewhere at the back of his giant closet overflowing with many other designer bags.

 

‘You work at the Blitz magazine right?’ The 40 something lady asked.

 

Jaejoong nodded hesitantly.

 

‘There’s your initials embroidered in the bag and documents from your workplace with your name on them.’

 

Huh!?’ Jaejoong snatched the bag from her and inspected the contents.

 

Yups, it was his documents from work alright, but how did it end up in the very same mall he was in now?

 

Jaejoong could safely swear that he didn’t leave the house with this bag, because he hasn’t used it in years. But the style sheets in the bag was what he was working on last week, which just meant that he was either developing some sort of memory loss or some moron was playing a fool with him.

 

‘Who gave this to you?’ Jaejoong enquired.

 

‘A lady with long curly blonde hair.’

 

No, Jaejoong didn’t know anyone who fitted the description.

 

‘Oh well,’ Jaejoong shrugged, ‘I’ll just take this then.’

 

The woman nodded and bowed as Jaejoong walked off with the bag.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaejoong was doing his best to clear the troubled thoughts in his head while he leaned back in a comfy armchair at an upscale café that sold espresso at $20 per shot.

 

His eyes unconsciously fell onto the mysterious messenger bag sitting on the couch opposite him along with countless other paper bags filled with his senseless impulse purchases.

 

He got up, leaned over the table and settled back down with the bag on his lap.

 

Slowly, he unloaded the contents of the bag: The work documents, a letter and what seemed to be a musical box.

 

Curious, Jaejoong opened the antique looking box, only to find an emerald earring.

 

‘Where’s the other side of it?’ Jaejoong wondered as he took the earring out and turned the box upside down, hoping the other would fall out but to no avail.

 

Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought before spotting the mysterious letter he had unloaded from the bag earlier lying on the table.

 

He quickly tore open the envelope and read it.

 

It was just one sentence.

 

 

Emeralds aid one in thinking creatively, enabling you to focus better and overcome challenges at your new work environment. 

 

 

Jaejoong smiled for the first time that day.

 

‘Is it you, Kimchi?’ Jaejoong chuckled as he downed his espresso.

 

As he gathered his stuff, ready to leave the café and head home, the phone in his pocket buzzed.

 

He whipped it out and read the text.

 

 

From: Yunho

I need you in my office now.

 

 

Jaejoong frowned.

 

 

From: Jaejoong

Be right there.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When Jaejoong reached the 38th floor and was about to enter Yunho’s office, he found it locked.

 

‘Since when did you start locking your office door, Yunnie?’ Jaejoong frowned.

 

No one answered.

 

‘What’s up with everyone today?’ Jaejoong kicked the door in anger and texted Yunho.

 

 

From: Jaejoong

WHERE THE ARE YOU!?

 

 

A minute later, a reply came.

 

 

From: Yunho

The key’s on my secretary’s table.

 

 

From: Jaejoong

WHY THE DID YOU LIE TO ME?

 

 

From: Yunho

I did not lie.

I said I needed you in my office, but I didn’t state I would be there.

 

 

From: Jaejoong

JUST SHUT THE UP!

 

 

From: Yunho

You will thank me.

 

 

From: Jaejoong

We’ll see, .

 

 

Jaejoong stuffed his phone angrily back into his pocket and stomped towards Louise’s table and found the said key there.

 

He walked back to the door and unlocked it.

 

Pushing open the door, Jaejoong let out a surprised gasp when-

 

‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAEJOONG!’ Kimchi and Sumire cried gleefully and the kiddo threw confetti at him.

 

Jaejoong had completely forgotten about it.

 

‘Oh…’ Jaejoong was lost for words.

 

‘Cut the cake already! I’m famished!’ Kimchi pushed Jaejoong into Yunho’s office and towards the cake on the large mahogany desk.

 

‘You fatty!’ Jaejoong playfully nudged Kimchi and blew out the candles before cutting the sinfully large and creamy chocolate cake.

 

‘You didn’t make a wish!’ Sumire pouted adorably up at Jaejoong.

 

‘I already did.’

 

‘You didn’t.’ Sumire crossed her arms over her chest.

 

‘It’s always been at the back of my mind.’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘Okay, whatever!’ Sumire ran to get the paper plates and plastic forks and passed them to Kimchi.

 

‘Birthday boy gets… the smallest slice.’ Kimchi chuckled and handed it to Jaejoong.

 

‘Do I really have to?’ Jaejoong frowned.

 

‘Once in a long while won’t kill,’ Yunho entered the room with a champagne bottle and a couple of wine glasses.

 

‘You guys have all ganged up to kill me with chocolate and alcohol,’ Jaejoong pouted and sat on the black leather couch at the right side of the office.

 

‘Eat your cake!’ Kimchi jumped onto the seat beside Jaejoong and pushed it towards his mouth.

 

‘Stop! I’ll do it myself,’ Jaejoong took a deep breath before stuffing the entire piece into his mouth, ‘Heh-hee nah?’

 

Huh?’ Kimchi asked.

 

Jaejoong swallowed, ‘Happy now?’

 

Very,’ Kimchi smiled and began eating hers.

 

‘Were you the one who gave me one half of the ear ring?’ Jaejoong looked at Kimchi.

 

She stopped eating and placed the plate onto the tea table before them.

 

She then nodded silently.

 

‘Sumire, let’s leave them for a while,’ the all-knowing Yunho held his hand out to Sumire, who was more than willing to grab onto it without any questions.

 

The 10-year-old waved goodbye and Yunho closed the door behind them.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Where’s the other half?’ Jaejoong asked you.

 

‘With me.’ You reached into your cardigan’s pocket and pulled it out, letting it sit in the palm of your right hand.

 

When Jaejoong reached out to take it, you closed your palm and shook your head.

 

‘Isn’t that supposed to be my birthday present or something?’ Jaejoong pouted adorably and your heart melted at the sight.

 

‘This…’ you held the emerald earring in between your index and thumb at eye level, ‘represents me… Do you want this other half?’

 

Jaejoong thought for a while before he broke into a cheeky smile, ‘Did you just underhandedly propose to me?’

 

Opps, got caught,’ you blushed.

 

Jaejoong pushed his ebony hair behind his ears, ‘Well, put it on for me then.’

 

‘Y-you...’ you spluttered.

 

‘Yes, I’ll marry you.’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

Your hand shook like crazy as you put the right side of the earring on for Jaejoong.

 

‘You’re one ballsy girl. You initiate dates and even proposed to me.’ Jaejoong grinned. 

 

You chuckled.

 

‘Emeralds help couples work though blocks and situations that kill relationships. Our distance… it’s a real big problem…’ you sighed.

 

‘So you decided to quickly claim me just in case?’ Jaejoong asked amusedly.  

 

You gave a weak laugh, ‘Kind of.’

 

‘Oh, Kimchi, you’re truly one of a kind,’ Jaejoong wrapped his arms around your waist and hugged you tightly.

 

You sighed contentedly and hugged back.

 

‘Daddy, I want a boyfriend too,’ Sumire’s voice made you turn your head in her direction.

 

Yunho gave a nonchalant look, ‘Just don’t come crying to me when you break up.’

 

Daddyyyyyyyyyyyy,’ Sumire whined.

 

‘Congratulations on your engagement,’ Yunho popped open the champagne.

 

Oh, so that wasn’t for the birthday party?’ Jaejoong asked.

 

‘Of course not, only the cake.’

 

‘Your all-knowingness scares me, Yunnie.’ Jaejoong shuddered.

 

Yunho shrugged and handed you and Jaejoong champagne filled glasses, ‘You never fail to surprise me, Latecomer.’

 

‘Can you call me something else now, Yunho?’ You smiled sweetly.

 

Yunho gave a crooked smile, ‘How about sister-in-law then?’

 

‘ you.’ You frowned.

 

‘Only I can you,’ Jaejoong pouted.

 

Daddy? What’s ?’ Sumire asked.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~