ISSUE ⑤①

Blitz Magazine

 

 

Jaejoong had already told you that today wasn’t going to be a conventional day. Even if he didn’t say so, you were already prepared for something along those lines.

 

‘His name is Hyun Ki.’ Jaejoong said as he rang the doorbell of a rather run down looking apartment.

 

‘Who’s he?’ You asked.

 

There were only a few people Jaejoong socialized with and you were sure this Hyun Ki person wasn’t one of them.

 

‘The boy I loved picking on back in elementary school.’

 

You mouthed an ‘ahh’ and stopped the second the door was opened, revealing a tired looking guy who didn’t seem to look the same age as Jaejoong, but then again, Jaejoong didn’t look his age either (but in a positive way).

 

‘J-Jaejoong?’ The guy was suddenly wide awake and was about to slam shut the door when Jaejoong used his phone to act as a door stopper, preventing Hyun Ki from fully closing it on you both.

 

‘You need to learn to cherish your phone,’ you shook your head.

 

‘I spend to help the economy,’ Jaejoong grinned at you before turning back to the shivering figure of Hyun Ki, ‘Good morning, Ki. I come in peace, let us in.’

 

Hyun Ki hesitated for a while before sighing and opening the door wide for you both to enter.

 

Jaejoong winced at the terrible living conditions of his ex-classmate.

 

‘Still living in a pig’s sty,’ Jaejoong frowned.

 

‘If you’ve come to carry on from where you left off, I suggest you leave now. I need my sleep,’ Hyun Ki climbed onto his sofa bed and pulled the blankets over himself.

 

‘Carry on from where I left off?’ Jaejoong smirked, ‘I would love to, but it would defeat the purpose of me being here this bright and chirpy Friday morning.’

 

Hyun Ki grunted in response.

 

‘I’m here to make up for my mistakes so I can move on with life without my conscience eating at me.’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘You’re dying? No wonder the sudden change of heart.’ Hyun Ki smiled as he threw the blanket off himself.

 

‘You wish.’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes, ‘I know I called you a fatty, a shorty, a dim-wit, a moron, a blind b-’

 

‘Jaejoong, your torment from more than 20 years ago was so effective that it completely ruined my childhood, so of course I remember.’ Hyun Ki cut in with a monotonous voice.

 

Jaejoong clapped his hands, ‘Fabulous. Now, what can I do to repent?’

 

Hyun Ki scoffed, ‘You ed up my life and you think you can just come in here and… repent? No ing way.’

 

‘How about we clean up your house for you? What do you think?’

 

You raised your eyebrow at the oblivious Jaejoong, ‘Excuse me?’

 

‘You’re one crazy woman. You’re in love with this ?’ Hyun Ki looked at you incredulously. 

 

You nodded hesitantly and Jaejoong pouted angrily at you.

 

Hyun Ki gave a defeated sigh, ‘Do whatever you want and get the hell out ASAP.’

 

‘Okay.’ Jaejoong proceeded into the kitchen and grabbed trash bags, ‘Let’s get rid of all the trash on the floor first.’

 

You frowned but followed Jaejoong’s orders.

 

‘How did you up his childhood?’ You whispered.

 

‘Verbal abuse.’

 

‘Why am I not surprised,’ you laughed, ‘So you’re kinda going to make up for everything by going good to them?’

 

‘Something like that,’ Jaejoong answered as he swept the floors.

 

‘Are there a lot of people you’re going to have to make up to?’ You asked in apprehension.

 

‘Just 3 more. Only the ones whom I’ve tortured the worst will be touched by my grace.’

 

You rolled your eyes, ‘And I got dragged into this ‘saint’ act of yours.’

 

Jaejoong kissed your forehead, ‘My pain is your pain.’

 

‘ you.’ You flipped him off and went into the kitchen to clean up to which Jaejoong cheekily replied 'later'. 

 


 

After about 4 hours of spring-cleaning, the apartment was now sparkling clean.

 

‘Do I have to pay you for your boy-scout duties?’ Hyun Ki asked.

 

You sniggered.

 

‘Shut up,’ Jaejoong nudged your ribs and you winced in pain, ‘No, you don’t have to. I’ve arranged for a weekend housekeeper to clean your house for you while you’re busy with your night time job.’

 

‘How did you know?’ Hyun Ki frowned.

 

‘Saw your work schedule on your fridge door. And for Cashmere’s sake, stop eating cup noodles, they’re the only thing you’ve got in your kitchen cabinets.’ Jaejoong chided.

 

‘You’re not my mom.’ Hyun Ki rolled his eyes.

 

‘Of course not. And if I were your mom, I would have disowned you the second I saw your car-wrecked face.’ Jaejoong replied, ‘The housekeeper will be paid by me until the day you die. I have also paid your rent for the rest of the year, so buy yourself better food and take care of your health.’

 

‘Jae-’

 

‘Don’t need to thank me, this is the least I can do.’ Jaejoong gave a forced smile before tugging at your arm for you to leave the tiny apartment.

 

‘Jaejoong!’ Hyun Ki called out as you both were about to take the stairs down.

 

Jaejoong looked back.

 

‘You…’ Hyun Ki stopped for a while before continuing, ‘I forgave you a long time ago… Even though your words stung, it made sense. Erm… and good luck to you both.’

 

Jaejoong waved and took your hand in his as you both climbed down the stairs.

 


 

‘I thought I would never have to see you again,’ the woman who opened her door said sarcastically.

 

‘Same here. Mind if we come in?’ Jaejoong gave his best smile.

 

The lady who seemed to be in her late fifties simply gestured for you both to enter.

 

‘Lovely family you have, Lee Sun,’ Jaejoong commented as he stared at the huge framed photograph hanging above the fireplace in the livingroom.

 

‘Thank you,’ the old lady replied coldly as she brought two cups of coffee and settled them before you.

 

You thanked her and tasted the coffee, ‘It’s good, but I think it’s a little too sweet for Jaejoong’s liking.’

 

‘Of course,’ she eyed the beauty scornfully, ‘Always the overly health conscious person as always.’

 

‘I’m less picky nowadays.’ Jaejoong answered, ‘Enough about me, I’m here to undo my wrongdoings.’

 

Really? How are you going to give me back my lost time and career?’ The old woman demanded.

 

You gaped at Jaejoong.

 

He was truly terrifying.

 

‘I can’t return the wasted years of your life and restore all the power and respect you once had, but I can offer you a job.’

 

‘What job?’ She frowned.

 

‘Fashion Director for our spin off magazine in New York.’ Jaejoong replied.

 

‘So it’s true… Blitz is targeting the American market.’

 

Jaejoong nodded, ‘I know I made it impossible for you to get another job after firing you-’

 

‘You were really uncontrollable back then, I don’t know if you still are, but you were…vicious.’ Lee Sun spat, ‘You don’t know broken I was after you kicked me out! You ruined my whole life!’

 

‘I know and that’s why I’m here.’ Jaejoong said.

 

‘Did you also offer jobs to the rest of my team you fired?’ She asked, fighting back her tears.

 

‘No. The rest deserved it…but you…not really.’ Jaejoong answered.

 

You were so confused.

 

‘It was so long ago already,’ the woman sighed, ‘I don’t know if I still have it in me.’

 

‘If you can’t do a good job, just be prepared to get fired by me once more.’

 

The woman gave Jaejoong a weak smile, ‘You’ve changed…a little.’

 

‘I take it that you’re up for the job. I’ll have my secretary email you everything you need to know by tomorrow. You should be heading there within 2 weeks, so be prepared.’

 

Jaejoong then stood up to shake hands with Lee Sun.

 

‘It was nice seeing you once again. We’ll be heading off now.’

 


 

The car ride to the next destination was unbearably quiet.

 

Shifting uncomfortably in your seat you finally asked, ‘Why did you fire her?’

 

‘Like she said, I was…I was a lot more heartless back then. You remember when I told you about when I first joined Blitz?’

 

‘Yeah,’ you nodded, ‘The Fashion Department all didn't listen to you because they didn’t see you worthy of such a high position because you were just a fresh graduate.’

 

‘Right,’ Jaejoong replied, ‘Lee Sun was the Fashion Director back then, supposedly my boss but I didn’t give a . I was there to do a good job and raise the standards of Blitz, not make friends. She was just doing her job but she didn’t stop the rest from revolting against me. I asked her to keep her staff in check since they all listened to her but she didn’t give a . She just told me to try harder to get their respect. I was ing pissed. The only thing that could appease everyone there was to age drastically overnight because they didn’t want to be under some amateur in their eyes. Angry at being stereotyped just because of my age, I used Yunnie’s backing to fire them all.’

 

You gaped, ‘That was…harsh.’

 

‘I know. Please understand that I was really stressed out at that moment in time.’

 

‘Yeah, I know- rushing so much work because they all went on strike because of you.’

 

Jaejoong gave a tired sigh before nodding.

 

‘At least you made up for it… despite it being a little too late.’ You chuckled.

 

‘We’re here.’ Jaejoong pulled up at the sidewalk.

 

‘Is this going to be tough?’ You gaped at the huge estate with an enormously beautiful garden behind the tall iron gates. 

 

‘I want you to promise me that no matter what you see, hear or listen in there, you’ll carry it to your grave.’ Jaejoong gave you a dead serious look and you gulped and nodded vehemently.

 

‘Good,’ Jaejoong smiled and got out of the car.

 

You did likewise.

 

Jaejoong pressed the intercom.

 

‘Supply your name and state the purpose of your business here.’ A deep voice boomed from the other side.

 

You shivered.

 

‘Kim Jaejoong. I want to speak with your young master.’

 

Young Master?

 

‘Nature of discussion?’

 

‘Just a friendly chat.’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

‘You will be escorted in shortly, Mr. Kim,’ another voice answered, this time sounding a little friendlier, but still deadly nonetheless.

 

A black 4-seater cart stopped behind the gates a few minutes later and a man in a well-pressed black suit and sunglasses hopped out of the driver’s seat, took out a control from his pocket and pressed a button to open the gates.

 

‘Who owns this big mansion?’ You whispered to Jaejoong.

 

‘A powerful man,’ the man in the suit answered and you jumped in your seat in the cart which was now travelling towards the entrance of the house.

 

‘You’ll know soon enough,’ Jaejoong grinned, ‘It’s a surprise.’

 

When the enormously grand doors opened, you were greeted by a strict looking middle-aged woman dressed in black as well.

 

‘Are they all Yunho’s friends?’ You joked.

 

‘I wouldn’t approve of them as friends,’ Jaejoong answered.

 

You kept quiet and shuddered a little at Jaejoong’s words.

 

This entire place just screamed scary.

 

And you could have sworn you saw someone dragging someone else from the corner of your eye. You just didn’t dare turn to look and confirm it.

 

‘Jae! Kimchi!’ An all so familiar voice came from upstairs and looked towards the direction of the voice.

 

It was Yoochun coming down the huge golden stairway.

 

‘He’s the young master?’ You nudged Jaejoong, who simply shrugged.

 

‘What are you guys doing here?’ Yoochun beamed at you two.

 

‘Jaejoong brought me here after making up with 2 people he offended.’ You answered.

 

‘Are you going to make it up to me too?’ Yoochun draped his arm casually on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

‘Yeah,’ Jaejoong sighed, ‘Lead us to a more private place please.’

 

‘There’s eyes everywhere in this house, Jae, no where is really private in here,’ Yoochun laughed despite the suspiciously scary words.

 

You raised a brow.

 

‘You need to fill her in later,’ Jaejoong muttered as Yoochun led you all down the stairs and into the basement.

 

‘Kimchi, you’re in the bloodiest part of the house now,’ Yoochun looked back and smiled at you.

 

‘Your smile is so creepy paired with those words.’ You shivered.

 

‘To your left, that’s where people were used to be tortured till they spilled the secrets out.’ Yoochun said casually as you all walked past several steel doors.

 

Used to?’ You gaped.

 

‘We use blackmailing and buying people out with money nowadays,’ Yoochun laughed, ‘No need for cleaning up.’

 

‘If you’re not joking about all these, then I would say you’re some sort of gangster right?’ You tried.

 

‘Spot on!’ Yoochun grinned, ‘But I’m not one, the rest of my family members are. I’m just the ordinary Creative Director of Blitz.’

 

‘Who’s never missed a single shot,’ Jaejoong added.

 

‘Stop flattering me, I’ll blush!’ Yoochun slapped Jaejoong’s arm playfully.

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

‘We’re here,’ Yoochun opened the door into what looked like a private bar.

 

‘So not going to take a single drop of alcohol,’ you vowed, earning you laughs from Jaejoong and Yoochun.

 

‘Noted,’ Yoochun nodded before pouring himself a glass of scotch.

 

You took a seat beside Jaejoong at the bar counter while Yoochun simply hopped on the bartender’s side and sat on the table.

 

‘I know I’ve been a and all to you for more than half your life, but you know I treasure you right?’ Jaejoong started.

 

Yoochun nodded as he slowly sipped his drink.

 

‘For helping me take revenge, even though I was partly at fault for the whole thing, thank you.’ Jaejoong continued.

 

Yoochun just kept nodding wordlessly.

 

‘But you didn’t have to get people to kidnap Su Min’s daughter.’ Jaejoong chuckled.

 

‘The guys went overboard, sorry about that.’ Yoochun gave a sheepish smile.

 

‘Who’s Su Min?’ You asked.

 

The two guys kept quiet.

 

Err… she’s this evil who tricked Jaejoong and Jaejoong was really let down by her and got really ill for a long time,’ Yoochun managed to summarise the whole story in a sentence.

 

You nodded slowly, taking in Yoochun’s sharing.

 

‘So Jaejoong and I vowed to take revenge. It started off as a childish prank since our middle school days but I still love messing up her life so one day, I asked my father to send some guys over to scare her a bit. But they ended up kidnapping the ’s daughter,’ Yoochun started to laugh.

 

You chuckled lightly, ‘What did you get in the end for the kidnapping?’

 

‘She’s a serial gold digger, so the guys got her to leave the poor tricked husband of hers in exchange for her daughter’s safety.’ Yoochun supplied.

 

You were speechless.

 

Jaejoong just looked downright depressed and your heart ached for him.

 

‘I’m sorry for bringing her up, Jae,’ Yoochun reached over to pat Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

‘It’s fine…all that crap's history.’ Jaejoong sighed.

 

Then you three fell into silence.

 

‘Well, anything I can do to make up for tolerating my iness all these years?’ Jaejoong finally spoke.

 

‘Nothing at all.’ Yoochun smiled.

 

‘You sure?’ Jaejoong raised a brow at Yoochun.

 

‘Really, Jae.’ Yoochun laughed, ‘Oh wait, I've got one. If you haven’t forgiven me for the whole Fire-Kimchi-Incident, then please forgive me.’

 

‘You’re already suffering for it,’ Jaejoong grinned, ‘Want me to lift the punishment?’

 

‘It’s entirely up to you,’ Yoochun shrugged.

 

‘I’ll let you go,’ Jaejoong smiled at the confused look on your face, ‘I cut off his salary for firing you. And told him to act like a ing screwed up boss.’

 

‘Jaejoong!’ You slapped his arm, ‘It’s my fault, why blame Yoochun?’

 

‘Because he’s a ?’ Yoochun laughed and Jaejoong emptied the entire bottle of alcohol on top of his so-called buddy’s head.

 


 

‘Jaejoong! It’s been so long since you last visited!’ Sumire hugged the beauty tightly.

 

‘I know, Sumire,’ Jaejoong smiled down at the kiddo and patted her head affectionately, ‘You have to let me go so I can go talk to Yunnie.’

 

‘Okay,’ she broke the hug and ran to you, ‘Hello, Kimchi!’

 

‘Hey there, Sumire.’ You hugged her.

 

‘Where’s Yunnie?’ Jaejoong asked.

 

‘In his home office doing my homework for me,’ Sumire gave a cheeky grin.

 

‘You bad girl,’ Jaejoong grinned and proceeded to the said room, ‘Yunnie, I’ll cook dinner for you.’

 

‘What’s the special occasion?’ Yunho looked up at his brother.

 

‘You can cook?’ You cut in.

 

‘I only cook for my Yunnie,’ Jaejoong stuck his tongue out at you and you frowned, ‘What would you like?’

 

‘See what you can whip up with the stuff in the kitchen,’ Yunho replied and Jaejoong nodded before skipping into the kitchen.

 

You followed your fiancé and watched amusedly at the how adorably busy Jaejoong was looking though the contents in the cabinets and refrigerator.

 

‘I shall make chicken pie,’ Jaejoong concluded and got to work.

 

Whoa, you know how to?’ You gaped.

 

Excuse me? I’m the Fabulous Kim Jaejoong, so of course I know how to,’ Jaejoong said with an air of confidence.

 

You laughed and left Jaejoong to work on the pie.

 


 

‘Yunnie, is it good?’ Jaejoong was totally invading Yunho’s personal space as his face was just inches away from his brother’s.

 

‘Even if it's inedible, I’ll still say it’s good,’ Yunho replied honestly and Jaejoong beamed.

 

‘That’s why I love you the most,’ Jaejoong pecked Yunho’s cheek and leaned back in his chair looking ing satisfied with himself.

 

Daddy, how come you don’t tell Jaejoong off for kissing you?’ Sumire had her hands on her hips and demanded in a totally jealous tone.

 

Yunho ignored her.

 

‘But the pie’s good right?’ Jaejoong pestered Yunho once more.

 

‘Yes, Jaejoong, it’s perfect.’ Yunho nodded.

 

You laughed when Jaejoong squealed like a school kid.

 

Sumire pouted angrily and walked off.

 

‘Yunnie, forgive me for the times when I’ve treated you badly.’ Jaejoong gave Yunho his most endearing look, which almost gave you a major nose bleed.

 

Yunho looked back at his pie, ‘There’s nothing to forgive you for, I’ve never been angry with you before.’

 

‘Yunnie, you fabulous brother of mine!’ Jaejoong grabbed Yunho’s shoulders to hold him in place and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

 

AHHHHHHHHH!’ Sumire who had suddenly reappeared to head to the kitchen screamed when she witnessed her Daddy and your Jaejoong’s innocent kiss.

 

You cupped your hands over because she was still screaming.

 

‘Jaejoong stole Daddy’s first kiss!’ Sumire gaped.

 

‘I stole it a long time ago,’ Jaejoong grinned.

 

Sumire fainted.

 


 

‘Today was so tiring,’ you yawned as soon as you closed the front door behind you.

 

‘Enjoyed the field trip and knowing more about me?’ Jaejoong grinned.

 

You nodded, ‘Thank Gawd I wasn’t working in Blitz years earlier, you’re one heartless .’

 

Jaejoong chuckled, ‘Wait here.’

 

You tilted your head in question as Jaejoong ran towards his bedroom.

 

He came back out a few second later and took your left hand.

 

‘There’s no reason to call me a cheapo from now on,’ Jaejoong grinned as he slipped a huge diamond ring on your finger.

 

You wanted to speak but nothing came out of your mouth.

 

‘You’re welcome,’ Jaejoong chuckled and used one hand to close your gaping mouth.

 

‘Thank you… it’s so lovely…’ you managed.

 

Jaejoong placed his hands on both sides of your face and beamed at you, ‘Glad you like it.’

 

‘Can we like finally register our marriage tomorrow?’ You asked impatiently.

 

Jaejoong laughed, ‘Of course.’

 

And with that Jaejoong pressed his addictive soft lips on yours.

 

‘Want to shower together?’ Jaejoong broke the kiss and whispered against your ear.

 

You shuddered when his breath tickled your skin, ‘P-ert.’

 

‘But you can’t wait to marry this ert,’ Jaejoong then lifted easily in his arms.

 

‘Yeah, I’m insane, I know.’ You smiled, ‘Lead on then.’

 

(No, I’m not going to write the shower scene. You guys fantasize by yourselves. MUAHAHA.)

 


 

 

TO MY BELOVED ISSUE 47, MOMMY MISSES YOU SO MUCH.

 

TO MY BELOVED READERS, DO COMMENT.