ISSUE ㊴

Blitz Magazine

 

 

‘Spacing out again?’ Changmin frowned.

 

Jaejoong and Changmin were in a café sitting by the windows working on the preparations for the new spin off magazine.

 

Jaejoong was however, watching the working class walk briskly to get to their workplaces instead. 

 

‘It’s 4!’ Changmin cried and Jaejoong immediately whipped his head towards the direction in which the younger was pointing at.

 

Unfortunately, there were no other customers in the café except for them both.

 

‘ you, Changmin.’ Jaejoong cursed and went back to doing actual work.

 

‘That’s the only thing that’ll wake you up from your constant day dreaming,’ Changmin muttered and sipped on his ice blended chocolate drink.

 

Jaejoong hummed in agreement.

 

‘Grammatical error!’ Changmin smugly held up his laptop with the screen facing Jaejoong and pointed at the said mistake.

 

‘Oh, shut up!’ Jaejoong kicked the younger in the shin from under the table, almost causing Changmin to let go of the laptop in his hands.

 

Changmin placed his MacBook back on the table, ‘You hardly make mistakes, Jaejoong.’

 

Excuse me, but I’m not the one with the degree in English here, okay?’ Jaejoong spat.   

 

‘Since when did the ‘Fabulous and Perfect Kim Jaejoong’ start to belittle himself?’ Changmin smirked.

 

‘I’m trying to cut you some slack by being a little more humble and tolerable,’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes, ‘Or would you like me to start rubbing my perfection in your face, hmm?’

 

‘Thank you for your efforts, I really appreciate it.’ Changmin smiled, ‘And yes, you’re now more tolerable to be and work with now.’

 

Jaejoong gave a forced smile at his ‘superior’ and continued with his work.

 

‘More mistakes.’

 

‘Why don’t you cut me some slack too, smarty pants,’ Jaejoong unloaded the entire jar of salt found at the side of their table into Changmin’s drink.

 

Changmin gaped, ‘Jaejoong! You had better buy me a new drink!’

 

Jaejoong whipped his head around to take a look at the giant menu board above the counter and replied, ‘The only thing I’m willing to buy for you is the fruit salad.’

 

‘Forget it.’ Changmin rolled his eyes.

 

‘With pleasure.’ Jaejoong smiled sweetly at the younger, causing Changmin to almost barf in his mouth.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Sirs, the rent is not steep at all for a building in such a major financial and commercial district and besides, this new office building is one of New York’s greenest commercial developments yet. The green features will contribute to improved cost efficiency and-’

 

‘Shut up woman. We’re running a ing magazine so don’t pull the green card on us,’ Jaejoong told the commercial real estate agent off.

 

‘My apologies, but this really is a great place for a new office.’ The woman insisted.

 

Jaejoong looked at Changmin, who nodded at the beauty in return.

 

‘One thing’s left, this is a 50 floor building right?’ Jaejoong asked.

 

She nodded, ‘Yes, sir.’

 

‘We’re looking to rent 2 floors. But one of them must be on the 38th floor.’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

‘I’m sorry sir, but floors 30 to 50 have already been rented out.’

 

‘Can't you pull some strings here?’ Jaejoong looked at the agent in the eye.

 

She fidgeted, ‘Sir, I really can’t.’

 

'Money is not an issue, our company has plenty. Perhaps you would be interested to earn some extra pocket money this month?’ Jaejoong suggested. 

 

‘I’ll do my best.’

 

Jaejoong smirked.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jaejoong and Changmin were now in a bookstore somewhere in Times Square because the elder insisted on wanting to get a book on grammar so as not to embarrass himself further. 

 

‘This one’s good and it’s cheap too,’ Changmin held the guidebook out to Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong took it and flipped though it, ‘Okay, I’ll just get this one then.’

 

When it was Jaejoong’s turn to pay, the cashier looked at the book for a spilt second, looked up at Jaejoong, then proceeded to scan the barcode at the back.

 

‘Cash or card?’ The woman made hand gestures to get the message across to this fabulous looking foreigner by the name of Kim Jaejoong whom she assumed was clueless about English.

 

Jaejoong raised an eyebrow at her actions but decided to play along by saying, ‘I’m paying in cash’ in Korean and proceeded to dump all his coins from his pockets onto the cashier counter and took his own sweet time counting them.

 

The middle-aged woman sighed and sat back in her chair and watched the beauty play around with the tons of coins before him.

 

He then idly opened his wallet and fished out a couple of notes and handed them all to the woman. 

 

She had to recount everything, causing the shoppers in line to grumble impatiently.

 

‘Thank you and have a nice day.’ The cashier finally said and handed Jaejoong his book in a paper bag.

 

‘I just have a problem with my grammar. You have yourself a great day ahead too.’ Jaejoong smiled, causing the woman to gape at him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

 

Subject: This week’s Report

 

Good Fashionable Evening Yunnie,

 

It’s probably in the morning over where you are, so GOOD MORNING YUNNIE!

 

Changmin and I have finished the spin off magazine’s concept directions so I have attached the finalised proposal for your viewing pleasure. It’s too fabulous to be turned down or called be a proposal so Changmin and I are already working on the articles now.

 

We even celebrated with a pizza party a couple of hours ago on our success.

 

Pizza is my current weakness so please tell Kimchi that so she doesn’t have to keep sending me collages of junk food oozing with endless greasiness together with her heart warming letters- it totally spoils the mood.

 

The two of us have started to recruit staff members already and I am proud to announce that New York branch has a staff tally of 32 now, including these two ‘Korean foreign talents’.

 

The office is on the 37th and 38th floor. Yeah… I can hear you screaming with utter glee from where I am here.

 

And yes, Yunnie, Changmin is still very much alive and I’m keeping my so-called ‘ fits’ to a minimum but channelled my aggressions into ruining his food instead. It works better actually.

 

I miss you Yunnie, but I miss my Kimchi more.

 

Don't be offended, I'm just stating the truth. 

 

No wait, I miss you the most, now don't tell Kimchi that. 

 

Tell Sumire that I got tons of lovely cardigans for her so she doesn’t have to wear mine, not that I give a about it, but it’s much better that she wears stuff that actually fits her. So don’t panic if you see a giant box at your doorstep any time soon. Oh, and I got you a book called the ‘World’s Hardest Sudoku Puzzles’ which will be in the same parcel as well. Have fun with it!

 

Cuddles and smooches my Yunnie virtually,

Kim Fabulous Jaejoong.

 

 

 

 

From: [email protected]

To: [email protected]

 

Re: Subject: This week’s Report

 

Greetings Jaejoong.

 

Yes, it’s a sunny morning here in Seoul and there has been a spike in the collection of MCs stating that staff members are suffering from all sorts of illnesses relating to the heat.

 

They will be in for a surprise when they come back. I will show them what real heat is, by banning the use of air conditioning in their respective offices.

 

I did not scream with glee, I simply felt… euphoric, inwardly.

 

I have read through the ‘proposal’ and found it wonderfully done.

 

Great job.

 

And I thank you for the gifts in advance and on behalf of Sumire as well.

 

Why did you not clear the rest of your clothes from the guest bedroom’s wardrobe you used during your stay in my apartment? For your information, she has been stealing more that just your cardigans.

 

She also adores your collection of bags. Yesterday, she packed her art materials in your giant Louis Vuitton hand carry and brought it to school. I tried to stop her and had to shop for a new laptop just now. She threw it on the ground in anger and the technicians said that it cannot be salvaged.  

 

Sometimes, I wonder if she’s your long lost daughter.

 

Regards,

Jung Yunho.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~