ISSUE ⑤⑦

Blitz Magazine

 

 

‘I’m watching each and everyone of you closely,’ Yunho stopped at a table where the new bunch of teenage part-timers from the mailroom were seated at having lunch in the cafeteria before moving on to the back of the place with a rather confused Jaejoong following closely behind the elder (Gawd, that was one long sentence).

 

‘Now I know why you’re still single,’ Jaejoong grinned, ‘You have a thing for teenage girls.’

 

Yunho fought back his desperate need to roll his eyes, ‘I do not like high school students.’

 

Jaejoong sighed, stole Yoochun’s coffee and took a sip of it, ‘This .’

 

‘Buy your own then.’ Yoochun’s eyes popped when he retrieved his drink from his buddy’s hands, ‘You aren't wearing your wedding ring!’

 

Jaejoong immediately cupped Yoochun’s mouth and looked around for an all clear sign before he could breathe easy, ‘I lost it.’

 

WHAT!? YOUR KIMCHI WILL KILL YOU!’ Yoochun gaped.

 

‘I know,’ Jaejoong pouted sadly, ‘I only found out just now when I was washing my hands.’

 

‘It went down the sink?’ Yoochun asked.

 

‘No, it doesn’t slip off that easily.’ Jaejoong frowned.

 

Then?’

 

‘HOW THE WOULD I KNOW!? IF I DID THEN THE RING SHOULD BE BACK ON MY FINGER RIGHT NOW!’ Jaejoong snapped and dumped the coffee all over Yoochun’s shirt.

 

‘You didn’t have to do that,’ Yunho finally spoke as he watched Yoochun run off, probably intending to get a new shirt from the Wardrobe.

 

Jaejoong pouted and had his arms crossed over his chest with a troubled look on his face.

 

‘It’s best to be truthful,’ Yunho stated.

 

‘Yes, Yunho’s right,’ an oh so familiar voice came from behind Jaejoong and the beauty jumped as he whipped his head around to see Kimchi standing behind him.

 

About?’ Jaejoong flashed his wife an innocent looking smile.

 

‘Why don't you tell me?’ Kimchi demanded.

 

Err…’

 

‘KIM JAEJOONG! I just found out about this week’s schedule and we have to work overtime 4 days this week and you didn’t tell me!’ Kimchi yelled.

 

Jaejoong broke out into hysteric laughter, ‘Oh, I thought you were referring to- err- forget it. Well yes, I didn’t tell you because it totally slipped my mind.’

 

‘And what was the something else you were referring to just now?’ Kimchi raised a brow.

 

Yunho faked a cough to get the younger’s attention and the look he was giving Jaejoong was: If you don’t tell her, I will.

 

Jaejoong sulked, ‘Fine, erm… Kimchi, sit and promise not to scream.’

 

‘I also have something to tell you.’ Kimchi whispered.

 

‘Why not we say it at the same time?’ Jaejoong suggested.

 

Wrong move.

 

‘I lost my wedding ring’ and ‘I’m pregnant’ clashed, causing the couple to scream their heads off at the same time, sending everyone else in the cafeteria into panic mode.

 

And so, Kimchi was trying to pry Jaejoong off her so she could kick his (pretty) while Jaejoong was suffocating the life out of her for they were going to be parents soon.

 

‘Can you both settle this in your office?’ Yunho gave Jaejoong an extremely tired look.

 


 

‘I’m still watching you,’ Yunho stated when he happened to be in the lift with one of the part-timers.

 

She simply gave him a weak smile before turning back around.

 

‘What are you truly after?’ Yunho frowned.

 

‘I just want to earn some money during my school holidays, sir, nothing more.’ She replied as calmly as she possibly could.

 

‘Time will only tell,’ Yunho stated coldly.

 


 

‘Yunnie, I know you didn’t have a childhood and find much enjoyment in playing spy now, but this is getting really ridiculous,’ Jaejoong whisper screamed when he saw Yunho scrutinising the security feeds using his iPad before a meeting in the late afternoon.

 

‘They’re up to no good,’ Yunho kept muttering.

 

‘You’re being a little too paranoid.’ Jaejoong shook his head.

 

‘The last time I decided to neglect this horrible feeling within me led to Latecomer and Stylist Kim getting conned months before.’ Yunho replied curtly.

 

Oh,’ Jaejoong pouted sadly, ‘Then carry on looking at pretty young things then.’ 

 

Jaejoong, I’m not interested in teenagers,’ Yunho tiredly repeated himself.

 

Jaejoong gave his beloved elder brother a ‘whatever’ look and stood up to address everyone in the meeting room, ‘Good fabulous afternoon everyone. Blitz will be publishing it’s most star-studded issue yet next month. My Fashion Assistants have worked their fat asses off for the past few weeks and managed to get Korea’s top exploited drones-’

 

‘Dong Bang Shin Ki!’ Yoochun, the DBSK fanboy corrected the Editor-in-Chief.

 

‘SHUT THE UP!’ Jaejoong flipped his buddy off and continued, ‘This so called Dong Bang Me Hard and Super June-’

 

‘Super Junior,’ Yunho corrected Jaejoong.

 

‘SHUT THE FU- WHATTTTTT!? Yunnie knows KPOP!?’ Jaejoong gaped.

 

‘The Kid talks about them everyday,’ Yunho muttered and felt a migraine starting up just recalling Sumire’s endless praises about what seemed like an entire class of guys dancing in lit up boxes.

 

Anyway,’ Jaejoong continued, ‘We have to make sure everything runs smoothly because these extremely famous yet severely underpaid slaves work on really tight schedules so we can’t afford to go overtime or we’ll have to compensate their company.’

 

Everyone nodded while buzzing with excitement.

 

‘Now, the photoshoots will be from 3am to 7am this Friday and Saturday while Sunday’s will be from 1am to 5am. I know the time is ing horrid but that’s the only time where those morons aren't booked.’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes, ‘The concept had to be somewhat in sync with their current singles, so…’ Jaejoong had to flip through his documents for reference, ‘Super Slaves’ photoshoot concept will be bloody and since I watched their newest music video and they seemed to be really trigger happy. Then, for Dong Bang Me Hard, it’ll be in a hospital where they’re dying.’

 

WHAT!?’ Yoochun cried.

 

‘Calm your fan-gayness,’ Jaejoong shot Yoochun a dirty look, ‘They’ll be half- and stuff because the ‘doctors’ will be trying to save their lives. I will do my best to make them strip as much as possible without their company suing my pretty , will that do?’

 

‘Okay!’ Yoochun beamed.

 


 

‘Preorders are off the roof,’ Jaejoong muttered as he read a report off his giant computer’s screen.

 

‘Of?’ You looked up from your storyboard brainstorming session for next month’s photoshoots.

 

‘Our magazine of course,’ Jaejoong pinched your cheeks.

 

‘Is it because of those 2 bands?’ You asked.

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, ‘I hate to admit it, but yeah.’

 

‘You know…Blitz will sell even more if you’re on the cover.’ You grinned.

 

‘That’s common sense,’ Jaejoong gave you a proud look, ‘But we’re selling trends and information, not people.’ 

 

You sighed.

 

‘No wonder we have to work overtime 4 days this week,’ Jaejoong took a quick look at his schedule once more before whimpering, 'I won't be able to get my beauty sleep...'

 

‘Can I not?’ You gave Jaejoong your sweetest smile.

 

‘It doesn’t suit you, just stick to being an annoyingly loud and pesky firecracker,’ Jaejoong lightly smacked the smile off your face.

 

You pouted.

 

‘Doesn’t suit you either,’ Jaejoong sighed.

 

‘Can’t you just tell white lies to your pregnant wife to make her happy?’ You sulked.

 

‘You don’t have to work overtime since you’re carrying a monster now.’ Jaejoong got back to work.

 

Seriously!?’ You beamed.

 

TA-DAH! I just lied to you.’ Jaejoong giggled, ‘Still want to be lied to?’

 

Just when you were about to tell the beauty off, the phone at Young Mi’s desk rang.

 

Seeing that there was no one else in the department (all of them were on dispatch duties) except you both, Jaejoong sashayed out of his office and picked up the phone.

 

‘This is Blitz Magazine’s Wardrobe Department, what can I do for you this afternoon?’ Jaejoong made a disgusted face (because he had to act all nice) when he answered the phone.

 

‘Hi, I’m calling from BestPress Laundry Services and I would like to inform you that the batch of clothes you sent for dry cleaning 3 days ago is ready for collection today,' the employee spoke.

 

‘Such efficient service,’ Jaejoong drawled, ‘This has never happened before.’

 

‘Well, a staff member from Blitz came down again and said the company wanted to get the clothes asap, so she paid extra to cut the queue.’

 

Really…’ Jaejoong raised a brow.

 

‘Would you be coming down today?’

 

Jaejoong sighed, ‘Let me ask my PA to see if she’s willing to drive there.’

 

When Jaejoong turned to you, you gave a defeated sigh and nodded tiredly.

 

‘Okay, we’ll be there in about 15 minutes.’ Jaejoong hung up.

 


 

A well polished black Rolls Royce stopped in the middle of the pedestrian’s crossing, effectively and annoyingly blocking the bunch of part-timer’s paths.

 

One of the tinted black window was rolled down and it revealed Yunho with his usual poker face on, ‘I think I know what you all are after.’

 

‘Sir, can you please stop terrorising us!?’ One of the girls gave an exasperated sigh.

 

‘I will make sure each and everyone of you will be in jail for a very long time if my suspicions are right.’ Yunho warned them.

 

‘Crazy ert!’ One of the shorter girls cried when they walked off.

 

‘Why don’t you tell me who the real ert is, hypocrite,’ Yunho muttered before driving off.

 


 

It was past 2am and Yoochun was still working on editing some articles submitted to him by his beloved department staff members when Yunho walked in and sat across the younger.

 

‘What can I do for you, Yunho?’ Yoochun gave the elder a quick glance before scanning though the write up flashed on his computer’s screen.

 

‘I know you have a gun in your drawer.’

 

Yoochun stopped work and looked at Yunho with wide eyes, ‘WH-WHAT!?’

 

‘Tell me, do you?’

 

‘Well…y-yeah.’ Yoochun swallowed.

 

‘It’s not for show right?’

 

‘I don’t like where this is going.’ Yoochun whispered.

 

‘Me neither, but please do answer my question.’

 

‘It’s for precautionary measures due to my background, but yes, it’s not for show, I will use it if I have to.’ Yoochun replied.

 

‘Good.’ Yunho leaned back in the seat.

 

‘Why?’

 

‘Let’s just say you might have to use it sometime soon.’

 


 

‘Have you erased everything?’

 

‘Yes.’

 

‘Good. How about the schedule?

 

‘Here it is.’

 

‘Now that we have this, we can plan the itinerary for our special day.’

 


 

Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Jaejoong told me that Super Junior is going to do a photoshoot for Blitz! CAN I GO SEE THEM???’ Sumire annoyingly latched herself onto Yunho’s leg.

 

‘No.’ Yunho replied curtly. 

 

WHYYYYYYYYY???’ She pouted angrily.

 

‘Because you’re not from the Fashion nor Styling Department.’ 

 

‘BUT I’LL BE GOOD, I’LL JUST SIT ON THE SIDELINES AND-’

 

‘No.’

 

‘I HATE YOU!’

 

‘That’s good to hear. Would you like me to package you up to be sent back to your old orphanage?’

 

OH MY GAWD! YOU ARE MORE DIABOLICAL THAN JAEJOONG!’

 

‘Don’t talk bad about Jaejoong.’

 

‘YOU ARE SOOOOOOO BIASED!’

 

‘Do you still want to be fed?’ Yunho pointed at the sushi he was making, ‘Because of you don’t zip it, I will tie you up to a chair and make you watch me dump it all out of the window.’

 

‘But that’s littering and you’ll be fined.’

 

‘Money isn’t an issue for me.’

 

‘Tying me up is child abuse.’

 

‘No, that’s called tough love.’

 

‘Okay, fine, I’ll shut up.’

 

(5 minutes later)

 

DADDYYYYYYYYYY! CAN I PLEASEEEEEEEEE GO TO THE PHOTOSHOOT???’

 

‘No.’

 

‘WHY NOT!?’

 

‘Have you gone senile? I already told you-’

 

‘I HATE Y-’ Sumire was cut off when Yunho bent downwards to kiss the kiddo’s cheek.

 

‘Do you still hate me?’

 

Erm…no.’ Sumire flushed red before she ran off screaming, ‘THIS IS SOOOOOOO GOING INTO MY DIARY!’

 


 

 

The last chapter for the main storyline will be next week.

Don't cry my beloved subbies, let me explain.

 

Though Blitz will complete it's main storyline next week, I will not mark this series as complete.

Reason: I will write 'special chapters' from time to time (like a ninja), sort of like mini-sequels to this series.

 

That aside, do comment and throw Pokeballs at me while crying your hearts out.