ISSUE ㊶

Blitz Magazine

 

 

Anger would be a total understatement as to whatever Kim ‘Fabulous’ Jaejoong was feeling right now.

 

Jaejoong was sitting alone in his livingroom, flipping, or more accurately put, tearing though the pages of Blitz magazine.

 

Uttering a string of curses, the doe eyed beauty disappointedly tossed the magazine across the hall as he shifted and laid lifelessly on his 3 seater couch.

 

He reached out to grab his phone on the coffee table and pressed speed dial.

 

The first person on his firing list was his close buddy: Park Yoochun.

 

‘Hel-’

 

‘What the was that!? You had better have an explanation for me, you moronic happy-go-lucky-tard!’ Jaejoong spat.

 

Yoochun knew exactly what the diva was referring to.

 

‘I was being le-’

 

‘YOU AND YOUR ING SOFT HEART! WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN!? I ENTRUSTED THE QUALITY OF WORK FROM MY FASHION DEPARTMENT TO YOU AND YOU LET THEM OFF JUST BECAUSE OF THE REARRANGEMENTS OF ROLES!?’ Jaejoong screamed though the phone, causing the one on the other side of the phone to cringe and lower the volume on his device.

 

‘Erm… yeah?’ Yoochun was waving his white flag already, knowing that Jaejoong would continue to rant and rave because of his answer.

 

‘WHAT ABOUT THIS MONTH THEN!? WHAT WILL ING HAPPEN THIS MONTH!? ARE YOU GOING TO LET THEM STEP ALL OVER YOU AGAIN!?’

 

‘No. I rejected their work. I told them to redo everything. They had no di-’

 

‘ MY LIFE! NO DIRECTION!? DO YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO HAVE A DIRECTION AND CONCEPT!? OH MY GAWDLY SELF, THIS IS A CRISIS-’

 

Yoochun put his phone on loudspeaker mode (and on the softest volume as well) and went back to replying emails on his computer.

 

‘HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN, PARK-ING-YOOCHUN!? HOW COULD YOU!? IF THE SALES THIS MONTH FALLS, YOU KNOW WHO’S THE CAUSE OF IT! IT’S YOU! YOU HEAR ME? ITS YOU, YOU MOTHERER---’

 

Yeah, yeah, it’s all my fault,’ Yoochun muttered as he walked out of his office for a moment to call his secretary to get him a cup of real strong coffee- because he really needed it right now.

 

‘ARE YOU ING LISTENING TO ME, PARK-ING-DISAPPOINTING-YOOCHUN!?’

 

‘Yes, Jaejoong,’ Yoochun sighed when he got back to his seat.

 

‘HEO IS OBVIOUSLY NOT DOING A GOOD JOB EITHER! I SWEAR, IF THE READERSHIP DIPS LIKE , I WILL DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER SO YOU AND HER FLABBY WILL BOTH GET ING FIRED! I---’

 

Yoochun mouthed a thank you to his secretary and took the coffee from her.

 

‘Mr. Kim?’ His secretary whispered.

 

Yoochun nodded tiredly.

 

The secretary gave a weak smile, bowed and closed the door quietly behind her.

 

‘I need to get some medicine for my throat now and it’s all your fault,’ a hoarse sounding Jaejoong finally stopped screaming.

 

Yoochun chuckled, ‘Sure, go ahead. And yes, it’s always my fault.’

 

Jaejoong let out an adorable ‘Hmph!’ and hung up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Yunnie,’ Jaejoong coughed.

 

‘Good afternoon from where I am here,’ Yunho answered his phone, ‘Screamed too much?’

 

‘You know me so we-*coughs, well.’ Jaejoong couldn’t help but smile at Yunho’s knowingness, ‘I told Yoochun off earlier.’

 

‘I know. He was suffering from temporary deafness during lunch break just now.’

 

Jaejoong let out a hearty chuckle before going into a rather long coughing fit.

 

‘That sounded really bad, Jaejoong. Seen a doctor yet?’ Yunho asked.

 

‘A ing cough- *coughs, and sore throat won’t kill me, but a ed up magazine will.’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

Yunho sighed, ‘About that… I want to apologise for not stepping in to rectify the problem.’

 

‘It’s fine, Yunnie, it’s not your responsibility anyway- *coughs.’

 

‘I am probably the only Editor-in-Chief in this world who doesn’t edit anything in their own magazine.’ Yunho replied.

 

‘True,’ Jaejoong laughed and choked on his phlegm.

 

‘Get well soon, Jaejoong. And I think we should end this call now, I don’t want you to strain your voice.’

 

‘Such a caring brother,’ Jaejoong smiled, ‘Okay. I will call you- *coughs, after I’ve recovered. I miss your voice.’

 

Really?’ Yunho raised a brow at his younger brother’s words.

 

‘It’s always so… calm and collected. It extinguishes all the anger in me- *coughs.’ 

 

‘Glad it doesn’t bore you though,’ Yunho chuckled.

 

‘It does… sometimes.’

 

‘I’ll end the call now.’

 

‘I’ll hang up, Yunnie. I don’t like people doing that to me.’ Jaejoong said.

 

‘Okay, go on-’ and Yunho was cut off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘The Gawds above have granted me my ultimate wish,’ Changmin smiled as he typed away on his laptop.

 

Jaejoong frowned.

 

‘By making you lose your voice.’ Changmin added before leaning back in his chair as he closed his eyes to savour the moment.

 

Jaejoong picked up a piece of blank paper and wrote quickly with a black marker.

 

WHEN I GET MY VOICE BACK, I WILL MAKE SURE YOU SUFFER.

 

Changmin grinned, ‘Until then, let me enjoy some peace and quiet.’

 

Jaejoong gave an unimpressed look as he grabbed Changmin’s cup of hot chocolate and let it slip through his fingers.

 

The cup landed on the floor with a loud crash and Changmin could only stare in horror when Jaejoong giggled silently.

 

‘Gawds above or below, I want Jaejoong to be mute and paralysed just for a day.’

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You were wondering why your phone hadn’t buzzed a single time since you stepped into the office at around 8am. Shrugging it off as an extremely rare miracle, you continued to work on your emails to those y fashion editors on the 30th floor, who unfortunately all seemed to be having their PMS-es on the same day.

 

You looked up for a moment to glance across the department.

 

Only Young Mi was at her desk filing documents while though the see-though glassed windows of the dress closet, you saw Number 1 busy inspecting the garments for any defaults or damages.

 

‘Young Mi, please get an azure Celine blouse with the ID code 45229 up to the 28th floor.’ You read off the email/order sent from the Styling team. 

 

‘To whom?’

 

‘Just hand it to anyone in there, they’re doing fittings now.’ You answered.

 

Young Mi nodded and walked into the closet to get the garment.

 

Your eyes were back on the giant desktop screen before.

 

Scrolling down the seemingly endless list of emails in your inbox, you caught sight of an email with the title written in caps:

 

 

4, WHERE ARE YOU???

 

 

Raising an eyebrow at this suspicious email sent by Junsu, you saw the timing of the sent email: 9.40am.

 

You looked at the top right hand corner of your desktop screen where the time was displayed: 10.05am.

 

You frowned and opened the email.

 

 

4,

 

WHERE ARE YOU? WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAND IN THE TREND ANALYSIS ARTICLE AT 10AM!

 

 

 

You didn’t have to continue reading the email to know that you were officially screwed.

 

You thought it was due on Friday and since it was only Tuesday, you were planning to do a part each day so it wouldn’t seem like rushed work.

 

Junsu and you had already brainstormed on the main points and information to be included in the article, so all that was left was to write it up.

 

But that wasn’t done… yet.

 

‘!’ You cursed as you rushed up to the 38th floor.

 

All the high ranked Fashion Department staff members were staring angrily at you while you walked briskly and took a seat beside a flustered looking Junsu.

 

‘Do you have the article?’ Junsu whispered.

 

You shook your head.

 

Junsu let out a shriek before he cupped his hand over his mouth a second later.

 

‘You don’t?’ Apparently, Heo had overheard your little exchange with Junsu.

 

You shook your head and answered truthfully, ‘I thought it was due on Friday.’

 

‘I sent out a text to both you and Junsu yesterday at 7pm after learning from him that you both already had a framework on how the article was going to come out.’

 

‘I didn’t receive your text.’ You replied.

 

‘I sent you a reminder too!’ Junsu said as he whipped out his phone, pressed a couple of buttons and showed you his ‘sent’ list which clearly stated that he had sent you the said reminder of the new deadline for the article.

 

‘No wonder I hadn’t received any messages since yesterday. I think my phone is spoilt.’ You scratched your head embarrassedly.

 

‘That means you didn’t attend yesterday night’s fashion show either.’

 

‘What show?’ You panicked.

 

‘Blitz sponsors a fashion show for budding designers annually and you were supposed to be there at the preparations and during the event to write a review.’ Heo rolled her eyes.

 

,’ you cursed under your breath.

 

‘And you weren’t there so I don’t know how you’ll be able to write the article…’ Heo gave you a smirk.

 

You gave a defeated sigh and requested to leave.

 

Heo waved you off with a lazy hand gesture.

 

Surely other people were there yesterday… right?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘4, good news! I got the video feed for yesterday’s fashion show!’ Junsu smiled as he handed you a thumb drive. 

 

‘That's great! Now I can write that Gawddamned article, thanks a lot!’ You smiled back and got to work.

 

‘Shall I work on the trend analysis since you’re busy with the event report?’ Junsu suggested.

 

You smiled gratefully as you handed the discussed pointers for the article jotted in a notebook to Junsu, who bowed and left the Wardrobe.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoochun summoned you and Junsu on Thursday, just before you were about to leave the office at around 10pm. 

 

When you arrived at the meeting room on the 38th floor, you were greeted by a crying Junsu and your heart immediately began beating on overdrive.

 

‘It’s o-over,’ Junsu walked over tiredly and hugged you tightly.

 

‘W-what’s o-over?’ You asked in a terribly shaky voice.

 

‘Our ca-careers,’ Junsu then cried even harder and you did your best to maintain your composure.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME. DON'T HATE ME.

COMMENTS PLEASE...