ISSUE ⑤②

Blitz Magazine

 

 

I MORONICALLY LEFT MY LAPTOP CHARGER IN THE OFFICE SO I HAVE TO UPDATE AT THIS UNGAWDLY HOUR (1AM). 

DO PARDON ME IF THIS IS IMPROPERLY PROOFREAD BECAUSE MY BATTERY IS ONLY AT 22% AND I AM IN A RUSH TO POST THIS UP.

 

ANYWAY, HERE'S A BIG THANK YOU TO MY BELOVED READERS WHO HAVE SUBBED TO BLITZ'S SPIN OFF SERIES.

ALSO, ANOTHER BIG THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE RECOMMENDED (THREATENED, BLACKMAILED) OTHERS TO READ BLITZ.

 


 

‘The pen isn’t working,’ you whispered while you kept jabbing the ball of it on the table in an attempt for it to function.

 

‘Hey, you! Yes, you with the ugly buzz cut! Get me another pen to fill up these damned ing papers so we can get married already!’ Jaejoong spat at the ward office employee who was busy snacking at the corner away from his desk.

 

The guy almost dropped his burger as he hastily wrapped it back in the paper and hurried forward to grab another pen from one of the desk's drawers.

 

Yoochun, who was standing behind you two, hid his laughter by clearing his throat.

 

Jaejoong snatched the pen from the staff and handed it to you.

 

‘Thanks.’ You smiled and proceeded to fill in the documents.

 

15 minutes later after the papers were processed, the hamburger guy congratulated you both on your marriage and Jaejoong just told the guy to shut up, find a more secretive place to eat his damned burger and provide higher quality pens. 

 

Yunho opened the door for the both of you and you smiled gratefully at your new brother-in-law.

 

‘Let’s go somewhere to celebrate,’ Yoochun declared.

 

‘No drinking please,’ you pleaded with the Creative Director.

 

‘Promise. Anyone has anywhere in mind?’ Yoochun asked around.

 

‘Pizza party,’ Jaejoong grinned.

 

You rolled your eyes but since no one else had anywhere in mind, you all got into Yunho’s big Rolls Royce and brought all of you into town where they famed themselves on having the ‘Best Pizza in all of Seoul’.

 


 

‘You guys sure you’re not going to have an actual wedding?’ Yoochun asked in between sprinkling more Parmesan on his mushroom pizza.

 

‘I’m not going to wear a damned dress’ was your answer while Jaejoong replied at the same time with a ‘Not going to pay for a wedding when the ring already cost me 2 million dollars.’

 

You choked on your coke and Jaejoong patted your back saying, ‘Don’t die yet, we just got married.’

 

You gave him a weak smile and used your napkin to wipe the drink off the tabletop.

 

‘You haven’t brought her to see your parents yet right?’ Yoochun asked.

 

‘Not yet,’ Jaejoong got back to focusing on his beloved food, ‘Daddy and Mommy aren’t traditional so they don’t give a .’

 

‘But I think you should bring her to see our parents. Even if they’re not so called traditional, I bet they’re dying to see who’s your wife.’ Yunho stated.

 

Jaejoong thought for a while, ‘They’re both at home right?’

 

‘Father just got back from Germany last week, so yes, they’re both currently in town.’ Yunho replied.

 

‘Fabulous, we’ll visit them tonight.’ Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘You’re always so last minute.’ You chuckled.

 

‘You’ll get used to it,’ Jaejoong then grabbed another slice of pizza, ‘Anyway, who’s paying for this meal?’

 

You rolled your eyes.

 


 

‘So this is where you grew up,’ you smiled as you stepped into the Jung family mansion.

 

‘Yeah,’ Jaejoong kicked off his shoes haphazardly, ‘No need to put them nicely, the slaves - I mean housekeepers will do it.’

 

‘It’s so rude to just… argh, nevermind,’ you stopped placing your sneakers neatly by the doorway just to catch up with Jaejoong but he had already disappeared from your sight.

 

‘Selfish , he thinks I know my way around this ing huge place?’ You cursed bitterly in your head and looked to your left, which was a long stretch of rooms and to your right, where there were two tall dark rosewood doors which seemed to lead to another part of the house.

 

‘I think… head right?’ You guessed, ‘It looks like the living room’s behind it.’

 

You pushed open the heavy doors and found yourself before an extremely grand staircase which again, split the way to the second floor.

 

You sulked.

 

Weren't living rooms supposed to be on the first floor?

 

You whipped out your phone to call Jaejoong but you paused for a moment. He had destroyed his phone earlier this morning…again.

 

You called Yunho instead.

 

‘Hello, I’m lost,’ you confessed the second Yunho picked up his phone.

 

You heard him chuckle before replying, ‘From the main door, turn left. This house is kind of like a decoy.’

 

It is,’ you laughed and retraced your steps, ‘I’m looking at another long hallway with doors now.’

 

‘Good. Walk all the way down to the last door, you should see a table opposite it.’

 

You spotted the table, ‘Yeah, saw it.’

 

‘Feel free to check your appearance in the mirror. It’s attached to the wall beside the table.’

 

You laughed, ‘No thanks.’

 

‘The last door leads into the living room. See you at the dinner table later.’

 

‘Sure, thanks a lot.’

 

‘You’re welcome.’

 

After a couple of deep breaths, you knocked twice before entering.

 

It was a majestic looking room with warm lightings and a rather faint soothing scent of some kind of flower. The heavy looking curtains were slightly drawn and you noticed a balcony behind it.

 

‘Hello,’ you looked to your left and noticed that Jaejoong was clinging tightly onto a lady's arm. 

 

‘Hello,’ you smiled and greeted back. 

 

Jaejoong had undoubtedly inherited his beauty from his mother and you couldn't help but gape at them. 

 

‘I don’t mean to offend you, my dear, but I had always thought that my Jaejoongie would go for a girl who would… fuss about appearances the way he does.’

 

‘You mean...look as fabulous as himself?’ You laughed.

 

‘Yes, my dear,’ she smiled, ‘But thank goodness I was wrong, I cannot imagine two self absorbed people being together, that would spell disaster.’

 

You chucked, ‘True that.’

 

Mommy,’ Jaejoong whined, ‘If I were interested in those kind of es you would have been a grandmother a long time ago.’

 

Language, Jaejoong,’ she frowned.

 

‘You’re sounding more and more like Yunnie,’ Jaejoong pouted.

 

‘He’s more filial than you are.’ She sighed, ‘He comes to visit and talk to me every week.’

 

Jaejoong gave a pleasant look of surprise, ‘Does he?’

 

She nodded, ‘I sincerely hope that since you’re a husband now, you’ll learn to be more mature and can that diva attitude of yours.’

 

Jaejoong grinned, ‘Already working on it.’

 

She raised an eyebrow and looked at you to see if you could back up her son’s claims.

 

‘Yes, he’s slowly improving in that matter.’ You smiled.

 

‘Good.’ She walked over to hook your arm with hers, ‘Let’s have dinner now, shall we?’

 


 

It was hilarious to see the contrast between the two brothers as Jaejoong acted like an overly-pampered-sugar-rushed-kid calling his parents ‘Mommy and Daddy’ while Yunho quietly ate his food slowly and mostly nodded or answered politely at questions directed his way.

 

‘You’ve been living together for quite a few months now right?’ Daddy Jung looked at you.

 

You smiled and nodded.

 

‘Have you two planned anything yet?’ Mommy Jung asked.

 

‘You mean children?’ Jaejoong cut in.

 

She giggled shyly.

 

‘I want one, can we have one?’ Jaejoong looked at you.

 

‘You talk like as if we can buy one.’ You rolled your eyes.

 

The parents laughed.

 

‘And Yunho, when are you getting married?’ Daddy Jung eyed his elder son. 

 

Jaejoong sniggered and you elbowed him with a deep frown.

 

Yunho replied, ‘Not anytime soon, Father.’

 

Daddy Jung shook his head in disappointment, ‘If Jaejoong and you were of the same age, I would have actually thought that you’d be the one to get married first.’

 

If he wasn’t aual.’ Jaejoong added.

 

Yunho smiled at Jaejoong in agreement and continued with his meal.

 

‘I’m not going to dictate your love life and it doesn’t seem to work anyway even though I tried meddling with it over the years.’ Daddy Jung sighed tiredly.

 

‘Thank you, Father.’ Yunho adorned a small smile on his face. 

 

‘I see you’re actually eating better now,’ Mommy Jung smiled when Jaejoong finally finished all the food on his plate, despite it being half the size of your given portion.

 

‘Influenced by this dumpster here,’ Jaejoong side hugged you, ‘I’ve actually taken an immense liking to pizza nowadays.’

 

Really?’ Mommy Jung asked with wide eyes, ‘How wonderful.’

 

‘She makes kimchi as good as yours, Mommy’ Jaejoong grinned.

 

‘Jaejoong, you should say she makes kimchi better than me,’ she corrected.

 

‘Note to self: Praise my wife more, even if it means exaggerating the facts.’ Jaejoong smirked.

 

You hid your embarrassed face.