ISSUE ②

Blitz Magazine

 

‘I was actually starting to think that you were stalking me,’ Kim Jaejoong, your Department head stated when he took a seat behind his desk.

 

‘Seems like it right?’ You scratched your head and no, not because it was itchy (You have a perfectly healthy and clean scalp… you’re welcome.).

 

‘People in this department, or should I say, Wardrobe, don’t last very long,’ Jaejoong sighed, ‘You will be known as Number 4.’

 

‘Why?’ You questioned.

 

‘Because you’re the 4th Fashion Assistant in here.’

 

Wait.

 

Fashion Assistant?

 

‘I think there’s a mistake! I interviewed for the position as Features Writer!’ You panicked and pulled out your phone to recheck the message.

 

No change.

 

‘I think I have to go find Louise and ask her about this mess up. I’ll be back as soon as I – ’

 

‘In Blitz, there can be no mistake, not even in the messaging system,’ Jaejoong stood up to fix the flowers at the side of his large mahogany desk.

 

‘But I have no experience in this… area,’ you fell lifelessly onto the chair.

 

‘Yeah, I’m looking through you resume now,’ Jaejoong flopped gracefully back onto his ‘boss’ seat which was across you and read his computer screen.

 

You would have marveled at his perfection but your current job position was too shocking to allow you to do so.

 

‘Yunnie is never wrong about assigning jobs,’ Jaejoong lifted his mug of coffee to his (soft) lips and took a sip from it.

 

Yunnie? Damn, you better stay on Jaejoong’s good side because that pet name sure sounded chummy.

 

He gave a really sad sigh and looked devastated.

 

When you were about to ask him for the reason behind his sudden change of mood -

 

‘NUMBER THREE, GET YOUR BIG FAT IN HERE!’ Jaejoong yelled.

 

You jumped in your seat and quickly scrambled to pick up your satchel that fell off your lap.

 

A guy, (CRAP, ANOTHER HOTTIE) rushed towards your Section Head’s table and bowed deeply.

 

‘What’s the philosophy behind my morning coffee?’

 

There was one?

 

Okay, you had better pay attention.

 

‘The first cup of coffee determines how good or bad the day will be,’ Number 3 rattled off before suddenly falling down onto his knees and started begging sorrowfully, ‘Jaejoong, please! Don’t fire me! I love this job! Please don’t fire me!’

 

‘I won’t, because there’s a shortage of staff right now. It is until I find at least 5 more Fashion Assistants then will I fire you.’

 

Number 3 bowed.

 

‘Don’t walk away with your facing me! It’s sickening!’ Jaejoong spat.

 

Number 3 spun around and walked away facing the two of you.

 

O - k - a - y, what just happened?

 

Looks like your boss is quite bipolar.

 

And it’s his insanely good looks that stupidly prevented you from throwing the towel in.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Erm…  so this job is like being a wardrobe mistress right?’ You asked Jaejoong during lunch break.

 

He nodded while eating his Caesar Salad.

 

‘I basically issue out clothes and collect them back right?’ You asked again.

 

‘4, this is not some high school backstage drama crew scenario. You’re in the working world. And use your brains, why did I mention earlier that there was a lack of staff to 3 in our department?’

 

So you're now known as 4. You started to wonder if the big boss would now call you that as well.

 

‘Because it’s hard?’ You tried.

 

‘Fantastic!’ Jaejoong clapped his hands and suddenly all trace of happiness was wiped off his gorgeous face when he continued with his lunch.

 

You concluded that he was definitely bipolar.

 

‘Can you please tell me more about the job description?’ You gave Jaejoong your best impression of puppy eyes, hoping he would fall for the cuteness and give you the cheat sheet on what’s to come.

 

‘You make me want to kick you so hard, even your soul’s too damaged to go on to the afterlife.’ Jaejoong giggled at the sadistic thought.

 

‘You sick !’ You cried.

 

‘Look,’ Jaejoong recovered, ‘I hate dogs. And that idiotic look just now, made me want to skin you alive to add to our wardrobe of exotic coats.’

 

You almost barfed out your lunch, which comprised of spaghetti, mushroom soup, fried rice, a slice of Tiramisu and a cup of apple juice.

 

‘You should definitely throw up,’ Jaejoong gave you a quick look before uncapping his bottle of Evian water.

 

‘Why?’

 

‘You ate like a pig just now. And at this rate, I’ll be caught dead with a whale sitting in my department.’

 

‘Guess what!? I just found out why there’s a shortage of staff in your lousy department! Because you scared them all off with your ing crappy attitude!’ So much for staying on Jaejoong’s good side.

 

‘That’s not the main reason, 4. I was actually going to let you start with simple tasks, but congratulations, you’ll be heading to Italy tomorrow!’

 

What, the, ?’ You had always wanted to go there.

 

How was this supposed to be punishment?

 

‘Ask Number 1 to brief you later,’ Jaejoong stood up abruptly, shocking you once more, ‘I’m going shopping now. See you the day after tomorrow.’

 

Slacking during work hours?

 

Jaejoong sure was screwed up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘Who’s Number 1?’ You entered the department, which was also known fondly as the ‘Wardrobe’ because it literally looked like a giant walk in closet, or rather, a massive upscale designer boutique.

 

‘That would be me!’ a cheery looking female raised up her hand.

 

She probably fed off insults because there was no way one could stay sane in this department with the demonic Jaejoong as Fashion Supervisor aka the Boss on the 20th floor.

 

‘Hi there!’ You waved as you walked over to her desk.

 

She waved back.

 

Yup, she’s definitely insane.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

And so, you practically ran to the lift lobby, ran out of the lift, ran towards the bus stop, alighted from the bus and ran up the stairs to your apartment.

 

There was no time to waste. You needed to pack a day’s luggage and head to the airport at midnight to catch the flight to Milan.

 

It was already 10.35pm when you finished packing.

 

You hailed for a cab and got in after you managed to get one 15 minutes later.

 

You read the itinerary list sent to you by Number 1 on your Blackberry on the way to the airport.

 

 

- Head to the airport

 

 

Oh my Gawd…

 

She didn't just think you were an idiot, did she?

 

OH YES SHE DID.

 

You were actually planning on getting her a souvenir for briefing you on this ‘business trip’ in the afternoon but now, it seemed highly unlikely you were returning to the office with one.

 

So what’s next, board the plane?

 

 

-Board the plane

 

 

Maybe you should start drafting a resignation letter when you get back from Milan.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sims says:

Comments are very much appreciated, *smiles.