MOMMY'S KIDNAPPED BABY IS BACK, SO HERE IS ISSUE ㊼.

Blitz Magazine

 

I HAVE RETRIEVED MY BELOVED ISSUE 47.

 

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ IT YET, HERE IT IS!

 

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY LAPPED IT UP, PLEASE CHECK OUT SOMETHING ELSE IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO YET. 

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/262193

 

YES, SIMS IS COMMITTING SHAMELESS ADVERTISING.

 


 

It was at around 2pm when Mrs. Nam, the head of the Finance and Marketing Department, came to Yunho’s desk to tell him that he had done well on his proposal for revised methods of the magazine’s distribution strategies.

 

Feeling a deep sense of nostalgia as it reminded him of the countless of times he got praised during his school days, Yunho thanked the 52 year old department head and got back to analyzing the feedbacks from Blitz’s readers. 

 

15 minutes later, she came over again and tapped Yunho’s shoulder before asking why hadn’t he gone for lunch yet.

 

‘I’m too addicted to my work, Mrs. Nam.’ Yunho replied, causing the elder to laugh heartily.

 

‘Well, I admire your hardworking attitude, Mr. Jung, but I’m sure you could think better after filling your stomach.’ The middle-aged superior smiled warmly at Yunho.

 

Yunho thought for a while before replying, ‘Why not.’

 

He put his computer to sleep mode and accompanied his department head down to the cafeteria for lunch.

 

‘Mr. Jung-’

 

‘Please, just address me as Yunho. You’re my department head after all,’ Yunho cut in.

 

‘Alright,’ Nam nodded, ‘Why demote yourself?’

 

‘I had been suffering for the past 7 or so doing work that gives me no sense of accomplishment whatsoever.’ Yunho answered.

 

I see,’ the senior seemed to be deep in thought, ‘Well, you’re certainly a good addition to my department. Even though you’ve only been under me for about a week, you are certainly well on your way to becoming my department’s staff of the month.’

 

Yunho gave Mrs. Nam a look of surprise.

 

It had been a long time since he was recognised for his accomplishments. It wasn’t exactly new to Yunho, since he had been star student every single month starting from his elementary school days all the way till middle school, after which he was known as some kind of Math Gawd in high school, winning all sorts of arithmetic related competitions and finishing his Math tests and examinations within minutes.

 

‘I would like that very much,’ Yunho answered firmly like a competitive kid who was hell bent on getting that title.

 

‘Why now though? I mean, why did you choose now to give up on such a big position?’ Nam asked before she sipped on her cappuccino.

 

‘I don’t have a personal life at all because of my work hours. It was only recently then did I find out how boring I was as a person, so I thought about having more time to myself. Also, I was given guardianship over a kid, so I also thought about spending more time with her so she wouldn’t feel so neglected. I mean, it’s her second time in a new home, and I don’t know how adopted children feel, but I’m sure that need more care and attention than other kids.’

 

Nam nodded in understanding.

 

‘And the other reason is that Jaejoong would actually do what Editor-in-Chiefs do, overseeing all aspects of the magazine’s content. Also, he has the ability to push the magazine to greater heights due to his ambitious, competitive and perfectionist personality.’ Yunho explained.

 

‘Mr. Kim really is outstanding, despite his unique work ethics,’ Nam laughed.

 

Yunho managed a small smile, ‘That’s true.’

 

‘You entrusted all your old responsibilities to me,’ Nam continued, ‘That is quite a big jump for me.’

 

‘You’ve have more than 20 years of experience in this field, I’m sure you’ll do fine.’ Yunho reassured her.

 

‘I’m also aware that the others in the department, or rather, the whole company still sees you as the boss of Blitz.’ Nam shared.

 

‘I’m still the owner of the Blitz Empire, so I guess that’s why.’ Yunho shrugged.

 

‘I see. Well, it’ll be hard for people to approach you as a fellow team member.’ Nam stated.

 

‘I know.’ Yunho sighed then muttered to himself, ‘Forever alone.’

 


 

‘DADDY!’ Sumire jumped onto Yunho’s bed, ‘YOU’RE LATE FOR WORK! IT’S ALREADY 8!’

 

Yunho stirred in his sleep and frowned, ‘I’ve got no work today…’

 

‘Don’t lie, Daddy,’ Sumire kept shaking Yunho.

 

‘I demoted myself so I only need to work 5 days a week. Now go on so I can sleep a little longer,’ Yunho swatted the girl off.

 

Sumire pouted but then her face lit up, ‘You mean you no longer need to work on weekends?’

 

Yunho nodded with his eyes closed.

 

‘YAY! BRING ME OUT FOR LUNCH LATER?’

 

‘Kindly leave then I’ll consider it.’

 

Yunho felt the weight on his bed disappear and heard Sumire run out of the room with clumsy and heavy sounding steps.

 

Smirking, Yunho soon went back into slumberland. 

 


 

Sumire dragged Yunho out of bed at around 11am. Yelling at him for being a ‘lazy ’, Yunho immediately woke up and reminded her to watch her language.

 

The two were now outside an ice cream parlor targeted at middle and high schoolers because they had special discounts, packages and privileges for students and made a big show out of it by spamming these marketing collaterals over their shop windows and on stands by the entrance. 

 

‘Daddy, I know you don’t like ice cream but there’s this awesome sundae called ‘ICE CREAMY CREAM PARADISE’ you have got to try and besides, I can’t finish it alone.’

 

‘That’s because it’s a serving for 4-5 people,’ Yunho read the signage.

 

Sumire pursed her lips, ‘I’m still going to order it.’

 

Yunho fought against rolling his eyes and simply handed her his wallet before going to look for a seat in the rather crowded shop.

 

‘They’ll serve it to us in 10 minutes,’ Sumire returned and sat across Yunho.

 

Yunho was looking though the documents on his iPad before frowning hard, ‘What’s this……Super Junior...’

 

‘I’m so crazy over them now, Daddy! It’s a really big band of hotties and they’re all so unique and talented!’ Sumire began jumping in excitement in her seat.

 

Yunho raised a brow at Sumire’s outburst, ‘I am not against your personal preferences, but I do prefer if you can store their music, videos, articles, stories, pictures, fan letter drafts and song covers on one of the many devices I’ve got you, such as on any one of the 5 laptops you own.’

 

‘I have 5? Really?’ Sumire bit her finger while she did her best to recall.

 

‘I accepted all your weak arguments when you wanted one for school, for personal use, for watching movies on, for gaming and a last one just in case any one of the 4 breaks down.’ Yunho rattled off.

 

Sumire clapped, ‘Your memory is really good for an old man.’

 

‘And yours is really bad for a kid your age.’ Yunho shook his head disappointedly.

 

‘ICE CREAM!’ Sumire completely ignored Yunho’s remark and stared hungrily at the giant sundae in front of them both.

 

Yunho sulked inwardly at what he deemed as a complete waste of money.

 

It was so annoyingly colourful, Yunho thought that if he ate a spoonful of it, he would vomit rainbows and start hallucinating about unicorns and Care Bears.

 

‘Let’s eat,’ Sumire picked up a spoon and ate the suspicious lilac substance first, ‘Ooo…grape flavoured ice cream.’

 

I am not eating that monstrosity. I’ll leave you to tackle that mountain,’ Yunho leaned back in his seat and busied himself with reading the news on his device.

 

Sumire pouted and continued stuffing her face with the giant sweet treat.

 

‘Daddy,’ Sumire broke the silence between them and Yunho looked up, ‘I was lying when I said I wanted to be a singer. I do love singing, but I don’t see that as my future career.’

 

Yunho nodded, ‘Thank Gawd. Good for you.’

 

‘Daddy,’ Sumire called out.

 

What now? Yes?’ Yunho looked up again.

 

‘Do I annoy you?’

 

Yunho thought for a while, ‘Yes. Sometimes.’

 

‘Then…do you regret taking me in?’ Sumire asked softly while looking down timidly (SIMS’ RANDOM MOMENT: KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN…*sings (out of tune) and escapes).

 

‘Honestly, I really didn’t want to in the beginning. But as I got to know you… you’re… you’re a great addition into my life. So, no, I don't regret taking you in.’

 

Sumire smiled, ‘I was so worried.’

 

‘Why?’ Yunho inquired.

 

‘I dreamt that we were on a road trip and you suddenly stopped the car and kicked me out in the middle of nowhere and just drove off.’ Sumire shuddered.

 


 

‘Daddy, I want to be Jaejoong’s protégé.’ Sumire declared when Yunho was tucking the 10 year old into bed.

 

‘Are you really sure this time?’ Yunho frowned.

 

‘I’m interested in sewing,’ Sumire smiled.

 

Yunho raised a brow, ‘You are… horrible at sewing not meant to sew.’

 

‘You can always buy me a sewing machine so I won’t have to prick my fingers.’

 

‘Somehow, I think that’ll be even more dangerous.’ Yunho sighed tiredly.

 

‘Ask Jaejoong for me, pleaseeeeeeeeee?’ Sumire pouted cutely at Yunho.

 

Yunho sighed again and gave in, ‘I’ll talk to him tomorrow morning at work. Go to bed now, good night.’

 

‘Good night, Daddy. Love you loads.’ Sumire closed her eyes.

 


 

Kimchi was laughing her off when Sumire reported for her first day of ‘Sewing Boot Camp’ with Jaejoong as her instructor.

 

‘She seriously cannot sew, so don’t be too harsh on her,’ Kimchi told Jaejoong.

 

The lessons were held in Jaejoong and Kimchi’s house because Jaejoong had his own sewing studio in their gigantic apartment.

 

‘I heard what Yunho told me about your cross stitch incident so there is absolutely no way you can trip or fall since I’ve got your body strapped to a chair.’ Jaejoong started up the sewing machine, ‘First, I’ll teach you how to thread the machine.’

 

Sumire nodded with shiny eyes.

 

After Jaejoong finished demonstrating, ‘Got it? Now you try.’

 

Sumire tried but ended up mixing up the steps and entangling everything.

 

‘Wow,’ Jaejoong face palmed, ‘You’re good.’

 

Kimchi laughed like a moron and had to escape from the room because her tummy just ached too much.

 

‘Watch again,’ Jaejoong repeated the steps, slower this time, ‘Get it now?’

 

‘I think I can do it this time,’ Sumire nodded and tried.

 

But she failed AGAIN.

 

Jaejoong looked away for a moment and when he looked back at her-

 

‘WHAT DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND!? FU- ARGH!’

 

Jaejoong violently untangled everything and grabbed Sumire’s shaking hand, ‘WATCH ME GUIDE YOUR HAND. WATCH!’

 

Sumire was trembling like crazy while Jaejoong demonstrated for the umpteenth time.

 

‘THERE’S ONLY 8 STEPS! NOW, GO ON!’ Jaejoong ordered.

 

Sumire stopped at the 5th step.

 

‘What’s wrong?’ Jaejoong asked.

 

‘I forgot the rest of the steps,’ Sumire pouted.

 

‘FUC- Jaejoong, calm down…just fu-freaking calm down……Okay, you did well so far,’ Jaejoong took Sumire’s hand again and guided her, ‘See? And we’re done.’

 

‘Thank you.’ Sumire smiled, ‘I’m really not cut out for this right?’

 

‘I cannot say for sure.’ Jaejoong replied, ‘Time will tell.’

 

‘You’re still willing to teach me?’ Sumire looked up at Jaejoong in surprise.

 

‘Of course,’ Jaejoong stated, ‘I’ll stop only when I declare you a lost cause.’

 

Sumire laughed.

 

‘Be prepared to be tortured,’ Jaejoong said with finality, ‘You won’t go home until you finish sewing up a skirt that meets my expectations.’

 

‘But I-’

 

‘Are you going to be a quitter?’ Jaejoong taunted.

 

‘No…’ Sumire sighed, ‘What have I got myself into…’

 


 

At around 4am, an extremely tired looking Sumire stumbled out of Jaejoong’s sewing room and Kimchi caught the child in her arms.

 

‘Poor thing, you can sleep in my bed if you want to, or would you like me to call Yunho to pick you up?’

 

‘I’ll just sleepover here, I-*yawn, don’t want to disturb Daddy’s sleep.’ Sumire muttered drowsily.

 

‘Okay, I’ll bring you to my room.’ Kimchi lifted Sumire into her arms and carried towards the room.

 

Kimchi gently placed Sumire on her bed and covered her body with the blanket.

 

‘Good night,’ Kimchi patted the kid’s head and Sumire hummed in appreciation.

 


 

‘Why did you only allow her to-’ Kimchi spat but was cut in.

 

‘See this?’ Jaejoong held up a crochet vest.

 

‘W-Who did this?’ Kimchi took it from Jaejoong and admired the intricate work.

 

‘Sumire did.’ Jaejoong grinned, ‘I made her follow me as I knitted one up and half way though, I realised that she was doing fine on her own.’

 

‘Wow,’ kimchi gaped, ‘Impressive.’

 

‘It’s true that she cannot sew, but she’s a natural at knitting.’ Jaejoong smiled proudly.

 

‘Don’t you find that ironic?’ Kimchi asked.

 

Jaejoong just shrugged.

 


 

‘Daddy, wear this to work,’ Sumire stuffed a sweater into Yunho’s arms when he was dressing up for work.

 

‘I only wear suits to work.’ Yunho said as he was putting on his blazer.

 

‘Just for today? Please?’ Sumire begged with watery eyes.

 

Yunho thought for a while, ‘Fine.’

 

Yunho took off his blazer and pulled the sweater over his work shirt.

 

‘You look so cuteeeeeeee!’ Sumire jumped in excitement. 

 


 

‘You woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, didn’t you?’ Jaejoong checked Yunho out in the lift.

 

‘I woke up just fine. It’s just that I fell prey to Sumire’s tears that were threatening to come out.’ Yunho muttered.

 

Aww,’ Jaejoong nudged Yunho before looking away in thought.

 

‘What is it?’ Yunho asked.

 

Jaejoong snapped his fingers when a fabulous thought struck through his mind and opened his giant designer hand carry to whip out a bow tie.

 

Yunho’s eyes widened when Jaejoong cornered him in the lift, violently undid his tie, confiscated it and replaced it with the bow tie in his hand.

 

Jaejoong pulled out another surprise from his bag and put a pair of large framed spectacles on Yunho.

 

‘Why are you making me look like a nerd?’ Yunho gaped as he stared at his reflection on the somewhat reflective metal interior of the lift.

 

‘You had always been a nerd since your schooldays and besides, you look surprisingly good dressed up like this.’ Jaejoong beamed as he took a step back to admire his work.

 

Yunho felt a sudden want to skip work that day.

 


 

(This A/N was written when 47 first came out but I'll just leave it be.)

 

First week of internship was so tiring and the computer provided was so damn laggy and refuses to coorperate with me like a stubborn Yunho on the matter of love. Thankfully, no one was as fabulously y or bipolar like Jaejoong and everyone was nice and easygoing like Yoochun. My department head is a little bit snarky like Changmin but most of the time, he is really positive and bubbly like Junsu.

OH MY GAWD, WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST GO ON ABOUT IN THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH? *GASP.

I'm pretty much free today so if you want to chat (I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE THIS, *LAUGHS), just spam my wall, I swear on my beloved Pokemon games that I will get back to you, WHEE. 

That aside, comments please?