ISSUE ㉓

Blitz Magazine

 

 

What if your parents didn’t like Jaejoong?

 

I mean, they already got a really bad impression of your lover thanks to your big mouth.

 

Maybe the fact that Jaejoong drove a crazily flashy red Lamborghini and wore equally flashy clothes would temporarily stun your parents into forgetting about their initial knowledge of him having the worst character a man could ever possess.

 

Your heart was racing as Jaejoong parked the car by the road outside your parents’ house.

 

‘Do why do I feeling that you haven’t told your parents about me?’ Jaejoong questioned when he noticed you trembling in your seat.

 

‘Because I haven’t?’ You squeaked.

 

‘For the love of cashmere, seriously!?’ Jaejoong gaped.

 

‘I told them I was dating, but I didn’t reveal that it was you.’

 

‘Am I that embarrassing?’ Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

 

‘I already told you that I had already created a really bad impression of you in my parents’ minds,’ you answered quietly.

 

‘We’re already here, so let’s just go in,’ Jaejoong opened the door and harshly slammed it shut.

 

You winced at the loud slam.

 

‘Crap, he’s ing pissed off now! I hope he doesn’t go into hyper- mode in front of my parents!’ Your heart was now overworking as you got out of the car.

 

You pressed the doorbell by the gate and waited.

 

Someone spoke though the intercom and it was your father, ‘You guys are early, I’ll have the gates opened now.’

 

With that, you watched your father come out from the house to open the gate for the both of you.

 

‘I had always dreamt of owing that car, but I guess that would only be in my next life,’ your dad gaped when he saw the car by the roadside.

 

‘Thanks,’ Jaejoong gave a dazzling smile.

 

You heaved a sigh of relief.

 

No in sight as of yet.

 

‘I’m Kim Jaejoong,’ Jaejoong offered a handshake.

 

You crossed your fingers behind your back.

 

Jaejoong? Why does that sound so familiar?’ You dad was now looking at you.

 

Err… he’s my department head.’

 

You braced yourself for impact.

 

‘Well, you must have been exaggerating,’ you dad laughed, ‘He seems like a fine man to me.’

 

You began to flail and you began laughing like a maniac.

 

‘What’s wrong with you?’ Your mom was now beside your dad.

 

‘Nothing! I’m just… relieved!’ You smiled up at Jaejoong, who had a cheered up expression on his gorgeous face.

 

‘Come on in, you two lovebirds,’ you mom chuckled.

 

‘Thanks, mam,’ Jaejoong bowed.

 

‘Mom, please.’ Your mother smiled warmly at Jaejoong.

 

‘Yes of course, mom,’ Jaejoong nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘I can’t believe such a ridiculously good-looking person actually exists,’ your mom now had her hands all over Jaejoong, touching his face and then running her fingers though his epically soft ebony hair, oblivious to the extremely disturbed expression on your dad’s face. 

 

‘Thanks?’ Jaejoong tried.

 

‘You’re so much prettier than those girls prancing around in those music videos on tv,’ your mom finally retracted her hands.

 

Jaejoong smiled.

 

‘Do eat more, Jaejoong-dear,’ you mom scooped a huge serving spoonful of braised chicken onto Jaejoong’s plate.

 

Your eyes went wide and you intercepted your mother so the food actually went onto your plate instead.

 

‘Jaejoong’s a small eater,’ you lied.

 

Jaejoong looked at you for a spilt second before facing your mother to speak, ‘I’ll do my best to try all the dishes you have made, mom.’

 

With an unsteady hand, Jaejoong reached out to take a scoop full of the offered dish earlier and unloaded it onto his plate.

 

‘Are you ing sure about this?’ You whisper-screamed.

 

‘ing sure,’ Jaejoong whispered back while he placed the serving spoon back into the dish in the middle of the table, ‘Why the did your mother cook like - 12 dishes?’

 

‘My family’s all big eaters.’

 

‘You sure inherited the wrong genes,’ Jaejoong sighed and shook his head dramatically at you.

 

You rolled your eyes at him.

 

‘What are you two whispering about?’ Your mom asked.

 

‘It’s about work. We need to head back after we’re done with dinner here,’ you lied again.

 

‘Oh, I thought we could perhaps have dessert and talk more after this,’ your mom’s crestfallen face tugged at your heartstrings.

 

Apparently, you weren’t the only one feeling that way as Jaejoong spoke, ‘Work’s not as important as this. Kimchi hasn’t been talking to you guys much because of work so we’ll just skip that to stay here longer.’

 

‘Kimchi? Aww, that’s soooooo cute!’ You mom gushed.

 

‘I thought so too, but she doesn’t like it,’ Jaejoong pouted adorably at you, earning a squeal from your mom.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

‘My daughter complained to us about you a lot, but that was months ago,’ your dad broke the silence while all of you, except Jaejoong who was playing around with his peach pudding, were eating dessert.

 

About?’ Jaejoong pretended to look innocent - and ing succeeded.

 

‘Well, loads of crude words, but basically how you were tough to work under.’ Your mom supplied.

 

Ohh,’ Jaejoong replied, ‘You must know all bosses have their own ways of keeping their staff in check. My way’s… unique, I guess?’

 

‘It sure is,’ your dad chuckled while you rolled your eyes.

 

‘I have a question, Jaejoong-dear.’ Your mom stated with shiny eyes.

 

‘What would you like to know?’

 

‘What do you like about my dear daughter anyway?’ You gaped at your mother.

 

Jaejoong laughed, ‘Pardon my language, but your daughter definitely has balls. I love how she speaks her mind without the consequences in mind. I’m fed up with all the pretty words that hide true feelings. What I need is honesty so that’s part of the reason why I adore her so much. Well, she is also capable of tolerating my… unique personality, and I would say that’s an extremely rare talent.’

 

Your mother laughed, ‘Are you really that hard to get along with? You’re doing fine so far.’

 

Believe me, I’m surprised about that too myself,’ and that earned genuine laughter from everyone, even yourself.

 

‘You’re not going to eat that right?’ Your mother pointed at the pudding Jaejoong had been smashing for the past half an hour.

 

‘Do you want honesty?’ Jaejoong asked.

 

Your parents looked at each other then nodded in unison.

 

Jaejoong lifted a tiny piece of it and ate it.

 

He then placed the spoon back at the side of the plate.

 

‘I’m not going to continue eating this, not because it , it’s reallyis good, but because I’m extremely health conscious. If I had offended you earlier during dinner too, then I would like to apologise.’

 

Oh,’ your mother nodded in understanding, ‘That’s okay. No wonder you hardly ate just now.’

 

So… are you guys planning on advancing your relationship anytime soon?’ You dad asked.

 

DAD!’ You cried, looking away embarrassedly.   

 

‘Can I get your permission first?’ Jaejoong surprised you when he looked earnestly at your parents.

 

About?’ Your dad chuckled.

 

‘You’re okay that I’m dating Kimchi right?’

 

Your parents nodded.

 

‘You’re also okay if I want to marry her in the future right?’

 

Your parents nodded again.

 

You out.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~