Chapter 09: The Birth of Yi-An couple's son

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

The past: December 31, 2008

 

It was a peaceful morning inside the Wu residence. The young master is still sleeping soundly inside his bedroom but that status didn't last for long when a very loud voice and a forceful push was directed upon him.

 

"Wake up."

"....."

"Hey I said wake up."

"....."

"Wake up lazy head." The voice told him with an additional kick on his legs.

"5 more minutes." He grunted and burried his head deeper on his pillow in attempt to go back to the land of dreams.

"It's already 11 in the morning, don't you think it's about time to wake up?" The voice asked and the latter just shooked his head.

"Don't be such a pain in the . You're mom told me to wake you up, so wake up!" She said and harshly pulled the covers off him.

 

Yi Fan furrowed his eyebrows sensing the sun light hitting his face. He slept late last night and he's planning to get that lost sleep today, why can't anyone understand that?

 

And to make it worst, the maid who's waking him up is harsh and not to mention violent. Yi Fan has too much pride to accept that someone could even manage to treat him that way, that's why he yanked his covers off of him and decided to face the intruder and give him or her the scoldings of a lifetime.

 

"You have a lot of nerve to wake me up like this-What are you doing here?" He was surprised.

 

*What is she doing here?* He thought looking at Li An in front of him.

 

"Your mother invited us here for New Year's eve." She said and Yi fan can't help but see her cheeks slowly getting red.

"What? You sick or something?" He asked. Li An turned red even more and pointed at him without looking at him.

 

Yi Fan's P.O.V.

 

Why is she red? Is she sick? Before I ask her those questions she decided to speak for herself.

 

"Y-You should wear some c-clothes." She shyly said.

 

Then I remembered that I have a habit of taking off my clothes when I'm asleep. Instead of frantically covering myself with the bed sheets like some retarded male heroine in those chick flicks, I smirked and slowly crawled towards her who is standing beside my bed. I tried my hardest not to laugh when I saw her eyes widen in surprise.

 

"W-What are you doing?" She asked trying her best not to look at me.

 

I took her hands and intertwined it with my fingers, ignoring her protest. I don't want her to run away from me. Call me a sadistic bastard or something else but I won't let go. Teasing Lau Li An is fun.

 

"Where's my morning hug?" I told her with the iest voice I could manage. Her cheeks flamed more and she started prying off her hands off me.

"Morning hug my foot! Let me go!" She said trying to get away frome me.

 

But as I told you guys before, I won't let go. So to more, I yanked her towards me to make her fall into my lap. And that my friends is considered as one of the dumbest move I ever made in my entire existence because that simple incident made something impossible to happen.

 

Due to the spur of the moment, instead of sitting unto my lap the both of us stumbled into the floor with me on top of her with our lips ALMOST touching each other. We both froze. 3 seconds later, yes I've counted it, she pushed me away from her and stomped her way out of my room leaving me sitting dumbfounded on the ground.

 

 

 

WHAT THE HELL HAS JUST HAPPENED??

 

 

But...

 

I must admit...

 

it's not that bad...

 

AISSSHHHHHH GET YOUR HEAD STRAIGHT YI FAN!!!

 

You ALMOST kissed a kid!

 

I refused to accept the fact that I was tempted to close that space between our lips!

 

Wait-Did I just said that it's a 'fact'? ARRRGGGGHHH I should take a bath.

 

 

Narrator's P.O.V.

 

Meanwhile, Li An was going down the stairs with a blank face on. She refused to believe or even think of what happened earlier.

 

*It was just a spur of the moment.* She chanted inside her head.

*He was just messing around. He's not on the right state of mind because he just woke up.Yeah that's it.* She convinced herself and breathed in deeply before facing her future in-laws.

 

"Where is he?" Mrs. Wu asked her.

"Uhhmmm.. he said he's coming down." *I hope so.*

"Really? Then let's just wait for him here. Have a seat Li An." Mrs. Wu motioned for her to seat beside her on their living room couch.

 

Li An sat but she can't help but leave a bit of a distance between her and Mrs. Wu. The middle aged woman seemed to noticed that.

 

"Don't be nervous. I don't bite, silly." She said and chuckled. Li An awkwardly smiled at her.

"You must be bored with just me around." Mrs. Wu said and pouted. 

"Actually I'm not bored. I-I'm just nervous." Li An admitted.

"Don't be. It's just me." Mrs. Wu assured her and patted the back of her hand.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are the others?" Li An asked, by others she meant Mr. and Grandpa Wu.

"They still have some business to take care of. Those workaholics, working even when it's new year's eve." Mrs. Wu said and pouted.

 

Li An can't help but smile at Mrs. Wu's childishness. *If only some of her cuteness have rubbed off on her son then everything won't be so bad.* She thought.

 

"What about your dad?" Mrs. Wu asked her.

"He's busy with some stuffs..." Li An answered. Truth is, she don't know. All she knows is that her dad is busy with something that he's not telling her.

"...but he'll be here later." She added.

"That's good to hear. Hubby and Papa should be here later too." Mrs. Wu told her.

 

The two shared stories and laughs making Li An loosen up a bit. Mrs. Wu is happy that Li An is beginning to open up to her. After all, she's going to be her lawful daughter in the future.

 

"You guys are this close already?" Yi fan interupted and sat in front of them.

"Yes, me and my future daughter-in-law is this close already." Mrs. Wu said and hugged Li An's waist.

 

Li An sheepishly smiled while Yi Fan just faked disgusted faces. The three of them, or more like Li  An and Mrs. Wu continued chatting completely ignoring Yi Fan's presence.

 

"Go on. Pretend I'm not here." Yi fan sarcastically said. Mrs. Wu just laughed at him but then she remembered something.

"I have a present for you guys!" She excitedly said. Li An and Yi Fan looked at her urging her to go on.

"It'll help you guys a lot! Wait here, I'll just get it." She said and hurriedly went upstairs to get her present leaving Li An and Yi fan behind.

 

There was an awkward silence before Yi Fan decided to speak up.

 

"About what happened earlier..." He started. Li An flinched, she doesn't want to remember it.

"What? What happened earlier?" She feigned ignorance. Yi fan smirked. *Two can play that game.*

"You know.. about the supposed-to-happen kiss-"

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH I can't here anything! LALALALALALALALALA" Li An put her hands on her ears and began to blurt out incoherent words in attempt to stop Yi Fan.

"You-"

"Kids here it is!" Mrs. Wu interrupted while carrying a big box on her hands.

 

The two of them stare at the box in her hands curiously.

 

"What is that mom?" Yi fan asked.

"It's for me to know and for you to find out." Mrs. Wu giggled and gave the box to Yi fan who gave it to Li An.

"You open it." He said.

"Why? Too scared?" She said quietly.

"No, I'm just too lazy to open it." Yi fan said. Li An rolled her eyes and opened the box.

 

Surprised was evident on her face when she saw the thing inside. It was a puppy.

 

 

 

"Surprise!" Mrs. Wu happily said.

"From now on it'll be your guy's 'child'." She excitedly explained.

 

Li An smiled awkwardly at her. Discomfort evident in her eyes but Mrs. wu was too engrossed in explaining things like how the puppy will help them in being a parent. Li An likes animals, but she like's 'cute' animals. And the one she's holding right now don't really fit into the 'cute' category.

 

Yi fan noticed it and a plan was formed inside his head. He took the puppy from Li An and raised it in the air.

 

"What a cute puppy!" He said. Li An knew too well that he's up to no good again.

"He is right?" Mrs. Wu excitedly asked.

"He is." Yi fan chuckled.

"We should name him. After all, he's our 'child'." Yi fan told Li An with a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"That's a great idea!" Mrs. Wu clapped her hands. Li an slightly frown. She doesn't like the idea even a bit.

 

"Let's call him '*hao kan'." Yi fan said and tried his hardest not to laugh at his inside joke.

 

*He's more of a '*nan kan' to me.* Li An pouted.

 

"What do you think of 'hao kan' mommy?" Yi fan asked her. Li An wanted to wipe that teasing smile on his face and say out loud that that puppy is too ugly to be her child but the look on Mrs. Wu's face stopped her.

"It's great." She faked a smile. Yi fan laughed out loud seeing Li An's hesitant face.

"See that hao kan? Mommy agrees!" Yi fan excitedly said and swirled the dog around.

 

The mini celebration was stopped when a maid entered the living room requesting for Mrs. Wu to answer the phone call.

 

"I'll be right back. Treat hao kan well guys~" She said and dissapeared out of sight.

 

When Mrs. Wu was gone Yi fan laughed out loud while still holding holding the puppy. When He's finished he looked at the puppy then Lian, to the puppy then Lian and back to the puppy again.

 

"Wow Hao Kan, you got most of your mommy's looks." He said and laughed out loud again.

"Shut up it's not funny." She said.

"What? It's the truth." He said and scooted over beside her. He then placed the puppy near Li An's face.

"I see no difference. " He said and laughed out loud again.

"From now on, you'll be named hao kan and you're our son. Welcome hao kan!" The dog lover Yi fan said and kissed hao kan's nose.

 

That scene made Li An's heart skipped a beat. Hearing him say 'our son' make her feel something different. Something good. And seeing how happy Yi fan looks just by holding hao kan makes the scowl on Li An's face turn into a soft smile. Maybe having a 'child' is not that bad, even if that 'child' lacks in the looks department.

 

*Maybe hao kan is the answer for peace between the two of us... but... he still lacks in the cute department.*She thought.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

so guys... the 'child' I'm talking about is a dog hehe :D

Thanks for the new subs! :)

 

Mandarin lessons: (got it from google :D)

*hao kan: good looking

*nan kan: ugly