Chapter 38: Worse day at work

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

 
Lian’s P.O.V.
 
 
Wearing my white knee-length dress, I went to the SM building 15 minutes before 10. I don’t want Chi jie to think I’m tardy. I was about to enter when the guard suddenly blocked my way.
 
 
“Where do you think you’re going missy?” He asked with an intimidating voice.
 
“I’m here for my job.” I squeaked.
 
“What job? This is the first time I saw you here. Don’t lie to me.” He narrowed his eyes making me gulp in fear. This guy is three times larger than me. He can easily beat me into a pulp if he wants to.
 
“I-I’m saying the truth. I’m here for t-the job Chi Jie-I mean Chi noona told me.” I said and he looked at me from head to toe.
 
“What the hell-noona? Are you a freaking guy?” he asked and I realized my mistake.
 
“I-I mean UNNIE!” I said but he still didn’t look convinced.
 
“You’re a fangirl are you?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.
 
 
I looked at my watch and it’s 5 minutes before 10. I can’t jeopardize this job opportunity. I NEED this job. That’s why I decided to use my ultimate weapon, the one I learned from my classmates: AEGYO.
 
 
I just hope it will work out fine. I fidgeted and looked at the guard with bambi eyes like how my classmates look at our professor when they’re asking to postpone some quiz. With a tiny voice, I said “Please, O-Oppa.. Let me in.. I’m late for my job…” I said with a pout.
 
 
The guard widens his eyes and his jaw drop. I was beginning to think I nailed this aegyo thing but the guard did something unexpected. He laughed. He laughed so hard while clutching his stomach. 
 
 
“So d-damn funny! hahahah”
 
 
It’s official. This is the first embarrassment I experienced here in Korea. With blushing face I sneaked in while the guard is busy laughing out loud. I walked towards the counter and smiled at the girl sitting behind it.
 
 
“Hi, what can I do for you?” She smiled.
 
“Uhm. I would like to know where Li Mei Chi is. She told me to come here for a job.” I told her while fidgeting. 
 
“May I know your name please?” She asked and I told her my name.
 
“Chi unnie told me about you.” She smiled and I guess with the lack of formality that the two of them are close.
 
“Please take a seat there while I call for her.” She said and I sat at the sofa in front. 
 
 
I took a glimpse outside and found the guard still laughing his off. I snorted. Does he like my misery that much? I then took my time to look at the interior of this building. It’s not that much. It’s quite simple, actually. But it still gives off this homey feeling. 
 
 
“Excuse me,” The girl beside the counter took my attention.
 
“She’s on the 7th floor. The first room to the left.” She said and I stood up.
 
“Thank you-uhmmm..”
 
“Kim Narang, my name’s Kim Narang.” She smiled and I smiled back.
 
 
 
I then proceeded towards the elevator. I waited for it to open and went inside. I was about to push the close button when I saw someone rushing to get inside. I waited for him to enter before pushing the close button once again.
 
 
 
“Whew! Thank you for waiting.” He smiled at me.
 
“Y-You’re welcome.” I stutter because… he’s freaking cute!
 
 
 
He then proceeded to push the 6th button. But because I’m standing close at the buttons, he had to go near me. He’s not just cute. He smells nice too~ Ahem, stop it Lian. You’re acting like some ert.
 
 
 
“You’re getting off at the 7th floor?” He asked and I nodded.
 
“I haven’t seen you here before…” He trailed off and I think he expects me to continue it so I did.
 
“Uhm, I’m about to get a job here.” I told him and praised myself for not stuttering.
 
“Cool.” He said and smiled and because of that I smiled too.
 
"Uhmm.. I'm sorry but.." He said and pointed his finger at his mouth. I looked at him curiously wondering what he wanted to say.
 
 
He then chuckled awkwardly. "This might be rude of me but.. you have some chocolate on your teeth." He said and I knew right then and there that I wanted to magically vanish out of sight.
 
 
I KNOW his right because I ate a chocolate bar on my way here. I didn't bother to look at my reflection and just swiped the chocolate off my teeth with my tongue. After a minute or two the elevator opened to 6th floor,
 
 
 
“So… see you around.” He said and waved before going out.
 
“Y-Yeah. See you around.” I said and awkwardly waved back.
 
 
 
I breathed in deeply and composed myself. What was that?? I swear his good looking enough to be an idol. Then it hit me. What if he’s an idol? UGHHH!!! I should have at least familiarized myself with SM Entertainment! If he is really an idol then wow, I just embarassed myself in front of a star, a really bright one at that.
 
 
 
I wonder who he is…
 
 
 
The elevator finally opened and I took a step out. I walked until I got to my destination. I knocked but no one’s answering. Curiosity too better of me so I pushed the door and made my way in. The room was like a meeting room with a large rectangular table with recliner chairs surrounding it. I sat and made myself comfortable on one of it. 
 
 
I looked at my watch, its 10:15 already. I’ve been sitting here waiting for Chi jie for 15 minutes already. Where is she? And as if answering my silent prayers the door was opened and I saw Chi jie entering.
 
 
“There you are! I knew it. You got lost.” She said and chuckled. What? I didn’t!
 
“Kim Narang-ssi told me to go to the first room on the right on the 7th floor and here I am.” I told her and she shook her head and chuckled once more.
 
“Silly girl, she told you to go to the first room on the left, not the right.” She said and once again I felt myself getting red, from embarrassment.
 
“Come on, I’d like you to meet the boys.” She said and went out. I immediately followed her because I don’t want to be lost again.
 
“You’ll love those boys. They’re funny and I think you’ll definitely recognize one of them.” She winked and I looked at her curiously. 
 
 
 
Me? Recognizing one of them? How can that happen when I don’t even know a lot of people here in Korea? Do I happen to have one of my Korean classmates working here?
 
 
 
I was about to enter the room when my foot suddenly caught the door and I stumbled in. I groaned in pain and silently curse the door. First, I received embarrassment from the guard, then I made a fool out of myself from that goodlooking guy, then I ended up waiting for fifteen minutes inside the wrong room. I sighed. Can this day get any worse?
 
 
 
I composed myself before trying to gracefully stand up with my back facing the ‘boys’ Chi Jie speak of. She went beside me and asked if I’m okay. I told her yes. I then took a deep breath wanting the ‘boys’, whoever they are, to have a good impression of me although I practically made myself a joke.
 
 
 
I turned around and saw six guys standing with concern and amusement at the same time shown on their faces. I took a quick look at each one of them and gasped audibly once I saw the tallest one of them. 
 
 
 
 
 
I stand corrected.
 
 
 
 
 
This day CAN really get worse.
 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
A/N: OH MY GOSH~ I TRIPLE UPDATE! YAY TO ME~
I was really energized by you guys' interesting AND funny comments so there-I triple updated! hehe
Do you guys have any idea on who is the guy Lian saw inside the elevator?
How about the tall one?
Ho ho ho
cebollita_animated_onion-20.gif
To the new subscribers, thank you for subscribing! Don't forget to leave a comment. 
onion_msn_smilies-12.gif
Tee Hee
And to the silent readers...
onion_msn_smilies-13.gif
I command you to subscribe and comment!