Chapter 33:

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

 

True to what he promised, Yifan was kind to me. He never snapped or told me to piss off like what he's done in the past. He also talked to me frequently with him initiating the conversation first. And now, it's okay if I stick to him like a glue all the time but I only do that once I got home because I've been busy practicing for a play that will be held next in a few weeks. Yifan also started teasing me again like what he done before I decided to confess my feelings for him. Thinking about it, his evil side showed it's full force after my confession but whatever. I don't regret letting him know. If I have to choose between his teases and insults, of course I'd choose the former. 

 

 

Playful Yifan is always better than the grumpy, evil, mean, rude and always angry Yifan. I actually feel like his treating me as his friend, as his buddy. 

 

 

But to tell you the truth, I'm not satisfied.

 

 

I may sound selfish but I want more. I don't like to stay only as his friend. I want to be more than that. 

 

 

I want to be the one beside him.

 

 

I want to be the one giving him strength.

 

 

I want to be the reason for his smile, for his happiness.

 

 

I want to be the one who eases his pain and suffering.

 

 

I want to support him on his dream on becoming an idol.

 

 

And I want to do all that not as his friend, but as his lover.

 

 

"See? I told you it will suit you! I'm such a pro!" Rainy's voice snapped me from my thoughts.

"You look dashing, Prince Charming." She winked and I rolled my eyes.

 

All the casts are currently fitting their costumes made by Rainy herself. I looked at myself in the mirror. Hmmmmh, not bad. I look handsome if I say so myself. I wonder how Yifan will react to this? I giggled at the thought. My classmates praises of how good I look and how fit I am to the part stopped once Fei Zhui Lui stepped out-or rather pushed out of the curtain.

 

I stiffled the giggle that's about to come out once I saw how pissed and at the same time shy Zhui Lui is. He's wearing a ball gown with a long golden wing, complimenting his blue contact lenses.

 

"awwww~"

"you really look like a girl!"

"so pretty!"

 

Different praises were heard inside the backstage making Zhui Lui redder as he is right now. Gosh, how can a guy be prettier than girls?? Guys should be manly, tall, charismatic, have thick eyebrows, gummy smiles... okay, I'm being bias here.

 

Zhui Lui met my gaze and the red on his face went darker if that's anymore possible and he looked away first, probably too embarassed to face me. I laughed at his reactions, hey, you're not the only one cross-dressing here, dude. I made my way towards him and bowed as I stood in front of him.

 

"You're a beauty, Rapunzel." I snickered and he grinned.

"You're not bad yourself, Prince Charming." He said and did a curtsy making us erupt in laughter.

 

We then practiced our lines, now fully equiped with our costumes. Our director and writer said it's to make us feel the story more. We're now practicing the part where Rapunzel met the now blind prince.

 

"Oh, my poor prince." Zhui Lui said while holding my hand.

"How happy I am to see you. But what has happened to your eyes?" He or She in this moment, asked me.

I told him my lines and he acted as bringing some water on the nearby drawn-up stream and plucking a special berry from an also drawn up bush, mixing them together and gently aplying it into my closed eyes. We continued acting until I got better but the director decided to cut in.

 

"Cut!" He hollered and we stopped. All of us looked at him curiously.

"This is too simple. No excitement and thrill. This is not enough for our audience to feel the love." He explained.

"What do you think?" He then asked our writer.

"You're right. I was planning to do the play as much as the original story but I think it's not enough." She told him.

"Right. I want you to change it and add hearts and flowers in it. Make it more romantic." He told her and she nodded.

"Alright, practice is over. You may all go now." He announced and we all went to the backstage to change our clothes.

 

After that we bid our goodbyes and I went outside. I've been riding the bus home ever since I started practicing for our play. I don't want to ride the Wu's car without Yifan in it. I don't want people to think I'm a social climber and used the Wu's wealth for my selfish needs. And besides, they already provide me a house to live in. 

 

"Lian!" I heard my name called and I turn my head only to see Zhui Lui grinning with his head out the window in his car.

"What?"

"You need a ride?" 

"No, I can manage."

"Let me take you home." He said and went out to open his car door for me.

"You don't need to bother! I can just ride a bus."

"It's really late now. I insist." He said. I looked at my watch and sighed. He's right. It's already past 11. It seems our practice went longer than usual. Before I make up my mind he took my arm and pushed me inside the car.

"Well, thank you for shoving me inside." I glared at him but he just grinned.

"My pleasure." He said and I rolled my eyes.

 

We talked along the way and I grew more and more comfortable around him. Zhui Lui is a really easy going and carefree guy. His jokes aren't funny but I still laughed because his laughter is infectious. He shared alot of stories which I find very amusing and interesting at the same time.

 

I also learned that his family owns a clothing line and a chain of malls and market. Their family focuses in the fashion industry which explains his great sense in fashion. He's the eldest and have twin sisters as his siblings. He talked about his twin sisters as a nuisance but I can tell the adoration in his voice.

 

"I'll introduce them to you if you want." He offered and I nodded.

"I'll look forward to it." I smiled and he smiled too.

 

We finally made in front of the Wu residence. "Aw, I like to talk to you more." He said and pouted.

I resist the urge to pat the head of this undeniably cute guy. "Me too. But don't worry, we're classmates, we can talk all we want in class."

"Not all we want, Mrs. Xi would kill anyone who talks in her class." He said and I can't help but chuckle. He went out and opened the door for me.

 

 

I smiled.

 

 

What a gentleman.

 

 

How I wish Yifan is like this too.

 

 

"Thanks for the ride. Have a fair evening, Rapunzel. I'll go my way now." I said and add a little bow like a prince I am making Zhui Lui chuckle.

"It is my utmost pleasure, Prince. May you have a fair evening too. Farewell." He said and we errupted into a chuckle once again.

 

I watched ad Zhui Lui's car disappear into a corner. I smiled and went inside the residence. The maids greeted me and I greeted them back.

 

"Would you like something to eat, Ms. Lau?" A maid asked me.

"I'll cook for myself and please just call me Lian." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

 

I went inside the kitchen and was rummaging the fridge for something to eat when a voice startled me.

 

"Do you know what time it is, young lady?" I turned around and breathe out a sigh of relief once I saw Yifan's face.

"You startled me." I told him and went back looking for a food to eat.

"Cook me some too." 

"You haven't eaten yet?"

"Yeah."

"Why?" I asked and he just shrugged trying to look nonchalant.

"I didn't feel like eating a while ago."

"And you feel like eating now?" I raised my brow at him and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"If you don't want to cook for me, then fine. I'll just ask my maids to do it." He said and was about to turn around but I stopped him.

"I'll cook for you. Jeez, I was only asking." I whispered the last sentence.

 

I was preparing the ingredients for the fried rice I'm making but a thought won't leave my mind. I glance at my wristwatch, It's 10 minutes before 12. Yifan is supposed to be inside his room, sleeping peacefully on his bed with a sated stomach. That's why I can't help but think of the reasons why he's here, with me, inside the kitchen, waiting for me to feed his hunger.

 

Is he-

 

Is he by any chance... waiting for me?

 

 

I unconsciously grinned at the thought. It's possible right? Afterall, it's strange for the angry bird to be out of his nest this late at night. My grin went wider and I cooked my fried rice with a new found energy. After a few minutes it's finally finished so I turned off the stove, grabbed two plates and divide the fried rice for the both of us.

 

"I'll get the drinks." I heard him mutter and made his way towards the fridge. I took the two plates and placed it in the kitchen counter along with the spoons. He put a glass beside my plate and his and filled it with Iced tea. I smiled. I feel like were married.

 

We started to eat in silence. We both gobbled up the food and I heard him burp once his finished. His eyes widen and he looked at me with an embarass expression. I giggled. He can be really cute sometimes.

 

"It's 12: 15." I suddenly blurted out.

"What?"

"You asked me what time is it a while ago right? It's currently 12:15-oh make that 12:16" I grinned at him and he just shook his head with a small smile tugging his lips.

"Weirdo..." He muttered and I can't help but giggle.

"Why were you late anyways?" He asked trying to sound nonchalant once again.

"Practice went longer than usual." I shrugged then look at him maliciously.

"What?"

"Were you waiting for me?" I asked and he flush.

"I-I was just busy doing somethings that's why I'm still n-not asleep yet. Wait-you and you're late arrival is the topic here, missy." He narowed his eyes at me.

"I told you, practice went longer than usual."

"You should have called. Butler Jiao could pick you up." He said and I smiled.

"Is the Wu Yifan worried about me?" I teased and his cheeks flushed once again. I grinned. It's good to know that I'm also affecting him in some ways. I don't care if it's out of shyness or pure embarassment. At least, my presence affects him in any way.

"It's late. I don't want to burden butler Jiao." I said and he just looked at me with the are-you-kidding-me look.

"I bet he's more than happy to pick you up. That old man is fond of you." Really? I'm quite fond of Butler Jiao too.

"And as you said, it's late. Do you know what danger lurks this time of the night?" He asked with a frown in his face but I can't help but feel elated.

 

 

He's worried for me.

 

 

He cares.

 

 

This is a great improvement!

 

 

"I know but don't worry. I know some self defense." I looked smugly at him but he just rolled his eyes.

"And, my classmate sent me home." I added and he swiftly looked at me with once again.

"Is it that sunny girl?" He asked and it's my turn now to roll my eyes.

"Her name is Rainy. R-A-I-N-Y." I spelled.

"Whatever. Is it her?" He asked once again.

"No, it's Fei Zhui Lui." I said. I stood up and picked the used plates and about to put them in the sink when he's hand grabbed my arm.

"Fei Zhui Lui? Is he the one with big eyes and pretty face?" He asked and I can't help my chuckle. See, Zhui Lui? Even Yifan thinks you're pretty. 

"Yep. The one and only." I grinned but his frown deepened but let go of my arm. What's his problem?

 

I hesitantly made my way and started cleaning the dishes. I took a peak at my back and saw Yifan staring into space seeminglly absorbed in something. I finished cleaning the dishes and snapped my fingers together to get his attention.

 

"You done?" He asked and I nodded. We walked upstairs in silence. I peek at him and he still looks bothered. I wonder why.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Do you not llike my cooking?" I asked trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"I-*cough* I like it." He said and blushed once again making me blush too.

"Then why are you so quiet? Is something bothering you?" I asked and immediately regreted it once his frown became visible on his face once again.

"It's nothing. I just never thought that guy's serious. I was hoping he was joking. Damn." He whispered so low I think he was intending for me not to hear it but i still heard it anyways.

"Who?" I asked. Who's this guy he's talking about?

"He's no one of importance. Just go to sleep. Nyt." He said and started walking towards his room.

 

I stood there staring at his retreating back. I have no clue to who he's talking about and it seems like I'm not getting answers anytime soon so I pushed the thought behind and to focus on something positive.

 

 

He waited for me.

 

 

HE WAITED FOR ME!

 

 

I squealed and jump up and down while entering my room. AND he didn't eat so he could eat with me!

 

 

OKAY, I know he never said that directly but-come on! It's pretty obvious he did!

 

 

...right?

 

 

UGGGHHHH This is so frustrating!

 

 

My happiness awhile ago vanished immediately.

I'm assuming things once again am I?

Assumption is the mother of dissapointments.

BIG FAT DISSAPOINTMENTS.

 

 

*Sigh*

 

 

I'll just close my eyes and sleep. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````