Chapter 3: The deal

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

The past: December 24, 2008

 

Almost two months have passed since Yi Fan’s birthday. His parents and grandpa continued ignoring him.

 

*I never knew having a dream could be this hard.* he sighed and looked at the ceiling of his room.

 

*Tonight is Christmas eve and yet…. AISSSHHHH* He thought and ruffled his hair frustratingly.

 

‘KNOCK! KNOCK!’ A knocked on his door was heard.

 

“Who is it?” He asked.

 

*It’s probably one of the maids.* he thought and made his way towards the door. He was surprised not to see the maid but his mother instead.

 

“Mom…”

“You’re father would like to have a talk with you.” She said and the two of them began walking towards his father’s office.

 

*He will kill me.* He thought and gulped.

 

They finally reached his father’s office. His mom went first. Yi fan drew his breath in deeply, a habit of him whenever he’s nervous, before going in. He looked around and saw his whole family inside.

 

“Sit down.” His father commanded.

 

Yi fan sat down immediately afraid of agitating his father even more. He never dared to look up and stayed silent waiting for his father to continue.

 

“Your grandfather and I talked about something.” He started.

Yi fan tensed. *I have a feeling I won’t like what he’ll say.*

“We would let you be an idol.” His dad said and sighed.

 

Yi fan can’t believe his ears. Did he hear him right? They want him to be an idol? He wanted to ask if this is a joke or not but he’s afraid his dad will answer yes.

 

“Really??” he happily asked.

 

Mr. Wu frowned looking at his son’s excited face. “Hey don’t get too excited, I’m not finish yet.”

 

*I knew there’s a catch on it.* Yi Fan slumped his shoulder and stayed silent.

 

“Will let you be an idol on one condition.” He stated.

“I’ll do anything.” Yi Fan is determined to get his dreams no matter what.

“You will marry someone.” He said.

“Excuse me??”

“You heard your father. You will marry someone.” His mother said.

“You’re grandma made a promise to her childhood friend before, god bless her soul.” Grandpa Wu said.

“And that promise is to let their grandchild marry. Fortunately, the two of you are in the opposite or else-hahahah” Grandpa Wu laughed loudly thinking of how funny it would be.

 

Yi Fan stayed silent. His grandfather’s humor is starting to irritate him. He looked at them one more time trying to find if they’re joking or something.

 

“Wha-How can I do that??” He asked incredulously.

“I-I’m still young! And how can I become an idol if I have a wife??” He asked standing up.

“You’re over-reacting geez.” His grandpa said sipping his tea in the process.

“I’m not over-reacting! Who in their right mind-“

“You won’t be getting married anytime soon foolish child.” Grandpa Wu cut him off before he goes berserk again.

“I don’t understand…” Yi Fan said and sat down, he’s utterly confused.

“Of course you won’t you drama king. Let us finish first will you?” His father said which made Yi Fan duck his head in embarrassment.

“The girl you’re going to marry is not yet ready for marriage. She’s still 17. She’s going to be 18 next year.” He continued.

“So in the mean time, you two will be engaged first.” His mother said.

“You guys will only be married once she turned 18.”

“But-That will only give me a year! Trainings are not that easy!”

“You have to options. Marry her and get your dream or don’t marry her and say goodbye to that pathetic dream of yours.” His father said.

 

Yi Fan turned silent. He was a very clever man. He’s silently weighing his options. Then a thought suddenly came to him.

 

“I’ll do it.” He said. His father smirked at him.

“Good choice.” He then extended his hands like they’re doing a business deal.

“You made a good decision.” He said.

 

*I hope.* Yi fan thought and shook his father’s hands.

 

“Come on son! I’ll show you your presents! It’s Christmas after all!” His mother happily said like nothing tense happened a while ago.

 

When the mother and son duo was out of hearing distance, Mr. Wu and grandpa Wu looked at each other.

 

“I didn’t think that he’ll agree.” Mr. Wu said.

“Me too. We proposed that idea so he’ll give up wanting to be an idol.” Grandpa Wu sighed.

“I guess he really wants to achieve that dream of his. That damn stubborn boy” Mr. Wu said looking at their family portrait on his office.

Grandpa Wu just chuckled. “He surely got that from you, son.”

“I guess.” Mr. Wu smiled.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  .

 

Meanwhile, Mrs. Wu left his son at the living room to get her presents for him. Yi fan was thinking of the events a while ago.

 

*I made the right choice.* he convinced himself.

 

*I still have one year to go before I marry her anyways. A lot of things could happen during those times and I’ll make sure marrying her won’t be one of those. I’ll make my dream happen no matter what. If I myself can’t back out of the marriage, I’ll make sure SHE does.* he thought forming an evil smile on h is face.

 

*I hope she has patience as wide as the ocean.* He smirked and formed plans on how to piss the unknown girl on his mind.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Anyeong guys~! Thank you for all the subscribes and comments you guys are giving! I'm very thankful T__T

To all the silent readers out there come out come out where ever you are~ hehe I don't bite :D

Don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment~<3

 

Oh if you guys have time please read my other fanfic. It's about B.A.P.'s Brain Yoo Youngjae!

"The genius has fallen." http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/145879/the-genius-has-fallen-bangyongguk-zelo-himchan-jongup-bap-daehyun-youngjae