Chapter 52: Christmas party

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Dec. 24, 2011

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

It's christmas eve and here I am washing myself clean inside the bathroom because me and Chi jie were invited to attend SM entertainment's Christmas party. I was surprised at first. I thought that only their artist and other high ranked officials were allowed there but Chi jie told me that even make up artists and managers can come.

 

I initially told her that I don't want to go because one; I don't really like parties and two; I think-No, I KNOW Yifan would be there. But Chi jie took me on a guilt trip and said that I should come and attend the party because I won't be attending the New Year one. It's because I'm going back home to China to greet the new year with my dad. I really miss him.

 

Me and Chi jie spent the whole day to look for a perfect dress. I'm not into parties so I just let Chi jie pick a dress for me. In the end, she chose a white dress with black vinelike thingy's surrounding it's shoulder and the side of the dress. I must say that it's really pretty. After taking a bath, I wrapped myself in my towel and went out. I stood in front of my bed and looked at the dress, shoes and purse that's arranged neatly on it.

 

I took a glance at the yellow wall clock hanging on my wall, it's still two hours before the party. I still had the chance to fake sickness but as if reading my mind, Chi jie on the other side of the door yelled, "I'm going to do your make up, Lian!" I groaned. It looks like I have to go. I dried my hair and put on my dress and my heels. Wow, the view is good up here. I then opened my door and saw Chi jie coming towards me with her make up kit in hand. 

 

She stopped in front of me wearing the creepiest grin she could manage. "I'm going to doll you up so much, your suitors would die just to have a dance with you." 

 

 

Oh boy....

 

 

It's nine in the evening and the both of us is now seated with each other inside the cab. It was the eve of christmas, of course the streets were packed up and for us to be stuck in traffic. I was silently thanking the heavens for that. I'm nervous, this is the first formal party that I'll be attending. Do I look okay? Is my dress and make up too much? What if I strip and fall down face first? What would he think of me?

 

"Finally..." I heard Chi jie groaned beside me. I apparently spent my time to go here thinking of worst possibilities to come that I didn't realize that the cab already stopped in front a hotel. 

"Here you go. Keep the change. Come on, Lian." Chi jie told the driver and went out.

 

Okay, Lian. Take a deep breath. You can do this. I repeated all over my mind and took a step out of the cab and inside the hotel. Wow, the decors inside looked elegant and majestic. An enormous Christmas tree were resting inside the grand hall. I didn't had time to appreciate it's beauty because Chi jie dragged me inside the elavator. 

 

The party was held on the 23d floor and I felt myself shaking more at every floor. Gosh, this is so nerve-wrecking. The elavator finally opened on our floor and I hesitantly followed Chi jie out. We saw some girls standing in front of a great door and I immediately recognized them. They're the make up artist of F(x). We greeted each other and went inside.

 

I felt my breath stopped. The hall was decorated brightly with Christmas decors making the place look much  more elegant than the lounge below. Not only that, different artists of SM, ranging from idols to actors and actresses were roaming and chatting around. I even saw TVXQ! Oh my gosh! 

 

"Wow, Lian. You look beautiful." I heard someone speak. I turned around and found Minho smiling at me. He looked gorgeous with his hair styled up and wearing a suit. 

"Thank you." I blushed and he chuckled.

"I would love to take you to a dance but it's not starting yet. The old man wanted to serve the foods first." He faked a snort making me laugh.

"Do you want to sit with us?" He asked and motioned towards his table.

 

I looked at it and saw SHINee minus Jonghyun with F(x) minus Victoria who was at the side laughing with Kyuhyun. I looked back at their table and found Sulli quietly talking with Taemin. Luna looked like she's enjoying whatever Onew was saying and Key was in the middle of a playful banter with Amber. I then turned my gaze to Krystal and was surprised that she's giving me a death glare. What's her problem?

 

"So... wanna sit with us?" Minho asked again.

"Uhm, I think I should just sit with Chi jie since I went here with her and all." I politely declined his offer because Krystal was still glaring at me giving me the shivers.

"Aw, I was expecting you to say yes. Well, okay, I guess I'll just see you around?" He asked and I nodded.

"Enjoy the party." He winked at me then turned towards their table. I immediately saw Krystal brighten up and pat the chair beisde her indicating Minho to sit. I chuckled. So that's why she's glaring at me. Hmmm... interesting.

 

I looked around and found Chi jie together with other make up artist sitting on a table not far away so I walked towards them. I was hurrying so I wasn't able to see the figure walking past and managed to bumped at him. "I'm sorry." I said while repeatedly bowing my head.

"Calm down, Lian. it's just me." I turned my head up and found Luhan smiling warmly at me.

"Lulu~" I cooed. Me and Luhan became closer than before after our little 'date'. We didn't get to see each other again but we texted each other everyday. 

"Hey, tone it down. What if others hear you?" He said in a hushed town while anxiously looking around. I giggled at him.

"Anyways, you look amazing, Lian." He smiled at me making the blood ran up to my cheeks.

"Thanks..." I muttered shyly.

"Luhan hyung!" We both turned around and found a handsome looking teen who look alot like Luhan walking towards us. Is he his brother?

"Manager said food is about to be served so we should all take a seat." The boy told him then he turned towards me then back again at Luhan.

"Is she a trainee? Why haven't I saw her before?" He asked making both Luhan and I chuckle.

"I'm not. In fact, I'm one of your make up artists." I smiled at him and he widen his eyes.

"What? How can someone as pretty as you not be a trainee?" He asked seriously making me blush. 

"And what-You're our make up artists?" He asked and I nodded. Then he widen his eyes again with a look of realization hitting his face.

"Wait-is she the one?" He then asked Luhan who looked at him with pink slowly creeping up his cheeks. I'm the what?

"Sehun-"

"Oh my gosh-SHE IS!" He exclaimed and smiled. The boy has a gorgeous smile, I'm telling you.

"Uhm, I think we should go." Luhan said and attempted to drag the boy away but he resisted making Luhan sigh in frustration.

"Let me introduce myself first hyung!" He whined at him then turned to me.

"Hi! My name is Sehun, EXO-K's maknae. Please take care of me." He said cheerfully and bowed. I can't help but hear his lisps which I think is cute.

"Hi, Sehun. I'm Lau Lian. One of your groups make up artist. You're free to call me noona." I smiled at him. He then widen his smile if possible.

"I knew it was you! I've heard so much about you, noona!" He grinned and shot Luhan a teasing smirk.

I looked at him curiously. "Really? Like what?" I asked and he was about to reply but Luhan placed his hand on his mouth to shut him up.

"Uhm-We really need to go back now. See you, Lian." Luhan quickly said then hurriedly drag a complaining Sehun with him.

 

I looked at them in amusement and went towards Chi jie. "I see, you met two of your admirers." She wriggled her eyebrows.

I sighed, "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't have any admirers, jie." Why does she kept on telling me this admirers or suitors nonsense when we both know I don't have one.

"Then what do you call Minho?"

"He's just a friend."

"Luhan?"

"A past crush."

"What about Yifan?" She said and I was rendered speechless. Is he my admirer? Well, he confessed to me before... AISSSH I SHOULD STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM!

"See? You do have an admirer or admirers." She winked and I just shook my head at her but kept my mouth shut. I have a hunch that I won't be able to win any argument against Chi jie.

 

The food were served and they were great. All of it were delicious and tasty that I wanted to have another batch but restrained myself. I so badly wanted to look at EXO's table, it's like there's a magneic pull pulling me towards them but I hate it because I know exactly what that 'pull' is. If EXO is here then it means Yifan is here too because duh-he's also a member. Remind me why am I here again?

 

Lee Sooman then walked at the center and made his speech. After 8 minutes it ended with an applause and the music then blasted up the halls. Most of the people stood up from their seats and walked towards the center to dance. I saw some Suju members go crazy while dancing alongside Key and Amber who was jumping up and down.

 

After three club music types of song a slow song then came. I found Kangin taking his fiancee to dance, Kyuhyun dragging Victoria with him, Siwon holding out to Yoona, Jonghyun smiling slyly at Jessica who slapped his arm in return, Taemin and Sulli shyly dancing with each other, Luna with Jinki, Taeyon and Leeteuk, and Yunho and BoA, Minho and Krystal was also dancing in the middle. Even Chi jie was dancing with one of SHINee's manager! My vision was blocked by someone standing in front of me.

 

I looked up and smiled. "Would I have the pleasure of being your first dance?" Luhan asked while holding out his hands to me like a gentleman.

"Gladly." I took his hand and he led me towards the dance floor.

 

I placed my left hand on his shoulder while my right hand was resting on his left hand. He then hesitantly put his right hand on my waist. I can tell that he was nervous like me because his hands were shaking and his cheeks were red. I was looking at his chest all the time because I'm too shy to look straight at him. Someone then bumped at me causing me to stumble and and shove my face on his chest. His right hand was on the back of my neck while his left was on my back.

 

"I'm s-sorry." I was about to take a step back but he kept his me trapped inside his arms.

"Don't." He said silently but firmly. I don't have anything to say so I just nodded and awkwardly placed both my hands on his waist.

He started swaying our bodies once again and I found myself relaxing and letting go with the flow.

 

 

Kris' P.O.V.

 

 
 

I clenched my teeth and the grip I had over my glass tightened seeing the sight in front of me. Luhan was in front of Lian offering her to dance. I internally beg her to say no but of course she won't. She smiled, took his hand and let him lead her to the dance floor. Doesn't she know that every step she took with him pained me? I listened to the song they're dancing to and scowled when I recognized it. It's One last Cry by Brian Mcknight. And for the first time in my life I actually wished I don't understand english. It's like the song is mocking me and my pathetic love life!

 

 

My shattered dreams and broken heart are mending with the shelf

I saw you holding hands standing close to someone else

 

 

Yeah, I can see that. No need to remind it Brian Mcknight.

 

 

Now I sit all alone wishing all my feeling are gone 

 

 

I looked to my right and saw my manager along with Baekhyun and Chanyeol giggling madly together. See? I'm not alone and nope, I do not wish my feelings were gone.

 

 

I give my best to you nothing for me to do but have one last cry, one last cry

Before I leave it all behind, I gotta put you out of my mind this time

Stop living a lie. I guess I'm down to one last cry

 

 

And as if wanting me to cry for real, someone unknown bump into Lian causing her to pratically shove her face on Luhan's chest.

 

 

Dammit.

 

 

I was here, you were there, guess we never could agree

While the sun shines on you I need some love to rain on me

Still I sit all alone wishing all my feelings were gone

 

 

I managed to tune out Brian's voice inside my head and focused on the two dancing in front of me. I so wanted to rip Luhan's contented face right now. But of course I obviously can't do that so I'll just settle for something I CAN ACTUALLY DO. I took my manager's alcoholic drink despite his protests and gulped it in one shot. I slammed it back down with a thud and stood up. I fixed my suit and wiped the remainder of the drink off my lips with the back of my hand. I smirked hearing the cursed song came to an end and marched my way towards Lian.

 

 

 

Time to change partners.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N:

Hey, guys~ I'm not against Krystal or anything, okay?

I just feel that she suits Minho-other than Lian, of course haha

And if you're wondering, all the couples I mentioned above are my favorites in SM :D

Do you have any good song to recommend for YiAn's slow dance? 

 

Comment and subcribes are pretty much appreciated <3