Chapter 06: Amusement Park

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

The past: December 29, 2008

 

“So… what happened to ‘Don’t worry I’ll never marry a bastard like you’?” Yi fan smirked at an embarrassed looking Li an.

 

The two was dropped off to an amusement park. The adults thought that they’ll be so much closer than before after their date. Li An smiled while looking at the rides. This is her kind of place, her heaven.

 

Despite her looks, Li an is the type of girl who likes outdoor activities. She likes things that could make her adrenaline go pumping. Who knew a frail looking girl like her likes scary rides that would make your knees go weak? Contrary to Li An’s smile, Yi Fan’s was a frown. He doesn’t like this kind of place.

 

“Why the heck are we here anyways?” He asked grumpily then started walking with no destination in his mind.

 

Yi Fan’s hate on amusement parks began 3 years ago, when he was 15. He liked a girl in his class and asked her to go out with him. The girl said yes and told him to meet in an amusement park. He agreed to go with her because that will also be his first time coming to a place like it.

 

The two was happy looking at the sceneries but that happiness immediately vanished once they ride the roller coaster. The moment he sat on the ride he knew immediately that he won’t like it one bit. His premonitions were proven right when he immediately went towards the trashcan to vomit after the ride has stopped. Apparently, Yi Fan can’t take rides like those.

 

Yi fan can’t forget the look on the girl’s face. Even though she’s smiling and giving him encouraging words he knew it was fake. The disappointment and disgust was shown in that pretty face of hers.

 

After that date, rumors spread like wildfire in their school that he’s a wimp, making him the target of bullies. Yi fan tried to stop them, after all his height is not something you can make fun of. But even if he tried he was outnumbered and the funny thing is the girl didn’t even tried defending him.

 

He was eventually sent to another school but still not forgetting about the look on the girl’s face, that’s when he swore that he’ll never set foot on the damned place again. That promise was broken. He’s now standing high and tall inside an amusement park.

 

*I should have asked for more details. Tsk.* He thought. He doesn’t know why, but when he heard the two of them are going to meet, he immediately said yes.

 

*I guess it’s because I’m excited to irritate her because of what she’s done to me yesterday. Yep, that’s it.* He convinced himself.

 

Yi fan was snap out of his thoughts when a guy bumped him on the shoulder.

 

“Hey watch it.” He hissed but the guy didn’t bother to look at him.

“I hope you trip.” He said then heard his stomach grumbling.

 

He skipped breakfast because he thought he was late and he only learned that they are going on an amusement park the moment they were dropped off there.

 

*Skipping breakfast just for this. Tsk, Yi fan you’re not yourself today.* He thought.

 

“Hey I’m hungry, let’s buy something to-“ He looked around to face the girl that’s with him but found her nowhere. She’s missing.

 

*Where is she?* He thought and started retracing his steps. He got to where they started but still couldn’t find her anywhere.

 

*Is she lost?* He thought. He can’t help but feel anxious now. He stepped up his pace and tried finding the girl one more time. Few minutes pass but still he can’t seem to find a petite looking girl anywhere.

 

*Damn, where is she?? What if something happened to her??* He thought and started panicking. He doesn’t know why he’s panicking all he knows is that he should find the girl.

 

He looked around for the third time but still no signs of her. And that’s how he decided to go to a place he’s sure can help: The information station.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . .. ..

 

Li An was following Yi fan’s steps. She was power walking or more like running just to catch up with Yi fan. She was distracted when she heard a cry nearby.

 

“Mama!!” A young boy about 4 years old was crying his heart out while calling his mother.

“Mama!” He continued crying. Li an looked around to see if anyone would bother helping the poor kid. The people only looked at the kid but didn’t bother helping her so Li An herself went to offer him her help.

 

“Hey kid.” She said and stoop down to his level.

“Why are you crying?” She gently asked.

“I can’t find my mama.” He sniffed.

“Then let *jie jie help you.” She smiled. The boy stopped crying and looked at her with teary eyes and trembling lips.

“You would?” he asked.

“I would. Come on.” She smiled and took his hands.

 

The two of them then went searching for the boy’s mother. They went to the places the boy previously went and also asked questions. They got tired so the two of them sat down on a bench.

 

“Jie jie, what if I won’t ever find my mama again?” The boy asked with tears threatening to fall.

“Don’t say that. We will find your mama.” She smiled.

“let’s go *didi.” She said. The two of them stood up again to find the mother.

 

“Wu chun!” An old woman called. The two of them looked back and saw her running towards them.

“Mama!” The boy happily ran towards her. It was like a scene in the movie, moving Li an.

“I told you to stay there! Why did you disobey me?” The mother scolded making the boy cry. Seeing her son’s tears the mother can’t help but feel guilty.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that, you scared me. I thought I’ll lose you forever.” She said while hugging the boy.

“I’m sorry mama.” He said still sniffing.

“It’s okay, just don’t do it again.” The mother affectionately kissed her son’s forehead.

“Mama, this kind jie jie helped me.” The boy smiled and pointed at Li An.

“Thank you so much.” The mother turned and hugged her.

“I-I didn’t do much…” She shyly said.

“Who knows what could happen to my son during those times? I’m really thankful you were there. What could I ever do to repay you?”

“It’s nothing really.” Li An said. It’s the first time someone ever thanked her like that.

 

The mother kept on thanking and thanking her making Li An’s face flushed.

 

“Really it’s okay-“ She was interrupted when the speaker attached to the poles beeped indicating there’s an announcement.

 

“I have an announcement to make. A young girl is missi-“

“Excuse me; can I be the one to talk?”Another voice coming from the speaker interrupted.

“Uh-Uh sure…”The first voice reluctantly answered. There was a noise of changing seats when the second voice spoke again.

“The missing person is a girl. She’s wearing a white shirt, skinny jeans, and a converse. Her hair is also in a ponytail. She’s quite short so I understand if you can’t spot her but please try to look for a girl wearing those clothes.”He said.

 

The people around her looked at her. She’s the perfect example of the description mentioned earlier. She heard them say things like:

 

‘She’s all grown up yet she still lost her way?’

‘Funny she’s helping the kid when she herself is lost’

“So embarrassing considering her age’

 

Li An ducked her head in embarrassment. Trying to minimize the gossips she’s hearing about her. The mother and son went near her.

 

“jiejie, I think a gege is looking for you.” The boy innocently told her.

“I-I don’t know him.” Li An denied. The voice in the speaker continued.

 

“Oh and she’s also a sixteen year old girl. If you’re wondering how a seventeen year old girl like her could get lost, I myself don’t know either. I’m guessing she’s a bit screwed up in the head.”He snickered making the people around Li An to snicker also.

 

*I will kill that guy.* Li An thought glaring at the speakers.

 

“If you saw someone like her please grab her hand, wrist, grab anything you can. You could also grab her neck if you want just don’t forget to bring her at the information station alive. Li An if you’re hearing this please do your best to come. Gege misses you~”He cooed and snickered making Li an’s stomach churn in disgust.

 

She didn’t even bother listening to the rest of Yi fan’s announcement and storm towards the information center angrily, ready to snap the head of the guy who seems to be enjoying insulting her clothes and mental capabilities in public.

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

What a playful Kris ;)

 

*Jie Jie: Older sister

*di di: younger brother

*Ge ge: Older brother/Oppa

 

Hello to the new subscribers! :D

Don't forget to leave a comment :)