Chapter 23: Her mission

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

 
February 04, 2009
 
 
Mrs. Wu’s P.O.V.
 
 
I hid my snickers looking at Yifan’s shocked face. Is it really that shocking to see your future wife with her future in-laws? This guy is really amusing.
 
 
“Join us, son.” My hubby told him and Yifan wearily obliged.
 
“You should greet Lian too.” I told him. He glanced anxiously at Lian.
 
“H-Hi.” He greeted and I could see him wince. He’s probably thinking why the hell he is stuttering. 
 
 
It’s because you notice her presence too much, darling.
 
 
I looked at Lian and she awkwardly nodded back. I had my talk with Lian before when I intruded their humble abode. I asked her if there are some problems between her and my son. At first she said no but I know fair enough that she’s telling lies. I know my son; he can be quite a sometimes.
 
 
I hold her hand and told her that she should open up to me and tell me the truth and that’s what she did. She told me that sometimes Yifan can be quite irritating with his constant comebacks and annoying remarks. I chuckled a bit once I heard it. See? I’m so right.
 
 
After she talked about her problems I decided to ask her the one thing I’ve been meaning to ask since I stepped foot inside their territory and that is “Do you love him?” 
 
 
She seemed flustered because she started stuttering incoherent words and her face was beet red. I held her hand firmly and looked at her in the eyes. I asked him my question one more time. She breathed in deeply and stared right back at me.
 
 
“I like him.” She told me.
 
“What do you want me to do about it?” I asked her already knowing her answer.
 
“Help me. Help me make him like me too.” She said with utmost sincerity.
 
"With pleasure." I grinned. 
 
 
That’s the only words I needed to proceed with my plan. And that’s making the two fell for each other hard and making Yifan forget about his dream, that silly dream of being an idol.
 
 
Lian falling for Yifan is making my work easier than it already is. Next step is making the stubborn boy realize how lucky he is to have Lian. And that’s why I decided to step up the game.
 
 
“Is the food to your liking, Lian?” I asked her.
 
“Yes, it is, m-mother.” She answered. She still stutters when she calls me mom but it’s alright. She’ll get used to it eventually. 
 
“How about you Yifan?” I turned towards my son who just nodded.
 
“Butler Jiao.” I called for my trusted butler and he took a step towards me.
 
“I want you to pick up and send Lian home after school together with Yifan.” I told him and he nodded. I looked at Yifan and he has this confused face on.
 
“Mom, you do know we don’t have the same school right?” He asked.
 
“No worries, I just enrolled her to your school.” I said and his jaw dropped.
 
“That’s a good idea, darling.” My hubby told me.
 
“Making the kids attend the same school is genius.” Father said.
 
“But mom, we live far from each other. It’ll only make us late from classes.” Yifan argued.
 
“It’s already settled. You’re not only studying in the same school. You’re also living in the same roof.” I said and it took all my strength not to laugh at my poor boys face. 
 
 
Father and my hubby clapped their hands liking my genius idea. But I guess Yifan was really against it because suddenly stood up and glared at Lian.
 
 
“Stay away from me okay? Leave me alone.” He said and walked out.
 
 
The cheers automatically died and we looked apologetically at Lian who has her head down.
 
 
“I guess he didn’t like being with me that much.” She muttered.
 
“Aww don’t be sad. He’ll get used to it in no time.” I told her.
 
 
We all tried to cheer her up but she only gave us a faint smile. I gritted my teeth. That boy is really making things harder. I was about to stand up and make him face my wrath when Lian cleared .
 
 
“I’m sorry. I don’t have any appetite to eat anymore.” She said and I looked at her apologetically.
 
“It’s okay. Butler Jiao, lead her towards her room.” I told him but Lian shook her head.
 
“Instead of showing me my room, can you lead me towards where Yifan is? I would like to talk to him.” She said and I looked at him in awe. 
 
 
My daughter-in-law is finally gathering her courage! 
 
 
“But of course! Butler Jiao led her towards where that whimpering boy’s room.” Grandpa told him and he gladly obliged.
 
“Thank you for the food.” Lian said and bowed.
 
 
We all looked at her retreating back silently wishing he good luck.
 
 
Daughter-in-law fighting!!
 
 
Lian’s P.O.V.
 
 
I’m sick and tired of Yifan ignoring me. And to say that I’m not hurt of what he did earlier will be lies. Who won’t get hurt seeing how someone greatly dislikes your presence? I decided that I should gather my courage and face him.
 
 
Eventhough I went to Yifan’s room before I already forgot the way so I asked butler Jiao to accompany me. He led me towards a door I recognized as Yifan’s room. I thanked him and he bowed respectfully at me before retreating back. I breathed in deeply before knocking towards his door.
 
 
“Go away.” I heard him say but there’s no way I’m going away.
 
“I’m coming in.” I said and went in.
 
He looked up from his bed and frowned. “Did I give you permission to enter?”
 
“You should have locked your door if you don’t want others to intrude.” I argued.
 
“So you’re admitting you’re intruding?” he asked and I glared at him.
 
“What’s your problem?” I asked him straightforwardly but he just stared at me.
 
“That’s none of your business.” He said dismissively.
 
 
I scoffed. None of my business? Is he freaking kidding me? 
 
 
“How could it be none of my business if I’m involved? Do you really hate being with me that much??” I hissed.
 
“Yes. Now go away.” He said and looked away.
 
 
I looked at him bewildered. Where’s that sweet Yifan I met during the trip? Is that all pretense? Does that 2 nights and 2 days trip with me worth nothing to him? I thought we’re getting closer.
 
 
“Why? Why are you ignoring me? Why do you hate me? Why do you avoid me?” I asked him.
 
He looked at me once again and I felt really hurt on the way his eyes sent daggers at mine. “You’re a nuisance.” He said and that all it took for my tears to fall down.
 
I swear he softened a little but it only lasted for a millisecond. “If you don’t mind I want to be left alone now.” He said and looked away once again.
 
 
 
I sniffed and tried my best to hold my tears in. No. I can’t back down. I already got this far.
 
 
“I can’t do that.” I said.
 
“I can’t stay away from you.” I said and he looked at me like I’m out of my mind.
 
“Are you crazy?” Yes.
 
“I’m telling you to go away.” 
 
“And I’m telling you I won’t.” I argued back.
 
“Why are you so stubborn?? Why can’t you just leave me alone??” He asked.
 
“Because I like you. I freaking like you. I want to forget you but I can’t. Even though you’re hurting me by doing this I’m willing to forgive you anytime because I like you. And I want you to like me back.” I finally said. 
 
 
I was expecting him to be shocked hearing my confession but he remained neutral. I looked at him curiously. Why isn’t he reacting?
 
 
“I know.” He finally said. 
 
“What?”
 
“I said I know. I already know you like me.” He said and I began to flush red. How could he say that so naturally?? But wait-
 
“H-How-“
 
“I heard you’re first confession when we were firefly catching.” He confessed.
 
 
I looked at him dumbfounded. So that’s why he’s avoiding me. Wait. Does that mean he’s rejecting me? Is avoiding me he’s way of saying I don’t like you? Well too bad, I already made up my mind. I won’t give up without a fight.
 
 
I cleared my throat and looked at him straight in the eyes, trying to hide my embarrassment. “So what’s your answer?” I asked him.
I heard him sigh. “You’re only going to get hurt in the end.” He told me.
 
“I won’t.” I told him.
 
He raised his eyebrow at me. “I’m not sure of my feelings yet. You’re definitely going to get hurt. I don’t want you to end up crying your eyes out because of some guy. You’re better than that.” He told me.
 
 
 
I suddenly felt sparks of hope swell in my heart once I heard what he said. He’s warning me yet I don’t feel scared at all. Instead, I felt hopeful. Why? It’s because he’s saying he don’t want me to cry. He doesn’t want me to get hurt. He’s still cares. And that’s all that matters.
 
 
I looked at him more confidently this time. “I won’t get hurt.”
 
“How so?” He asked.
 
“I won’t get hurt because I’ll make you like me back. I’ll make you fall for me. Hard.” I said with confidence I don’t know existed until now. It seems he was taken aback at my sudden aggressiveness because he looked at me with his mouth slightly ajar. Wait-is that red on his cheeks?
 
“W-Whatever. Do what y-you want. But don’t you dare call me a jerk if things don’t go right okay?” He finally gave in while rolling his eyes.
 
“Now go. I want to sleep.” He said and buried his head on his pillow. I wanted to jump around and squeal in joy but that would be too much so I decided to stay calm.
 
“Okay, I’ll let you sleep now. Goodnight.” I said but he didn’t reply.
 
“Goodnight~” I tried once again.
 
 
No response.
 
 
“Hey, I said goodnight-“
 
“Goodnight geez. So annoying…” I heard him mutter through the covers.
 
I walked towards the door and while holding the doorknob I told him “Sweet dreams~”
 
“Yeah, Yeah. Whatever.” He grumbled and waved his hand dismissively.
 
“Dream of me~” I cooed and that’s when he snapped.
 
“You-“
 
 
Before he successfully throws one of his pillows at me I quickly get out of his room and closed the door. I smiled and started walking. 
 
 
 
I’ll definitely make you fall for me Wu Yifan. Prepare to be loved. 
 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````