Chapter 2: A not-so-happy birthday

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee
 
The past: November 06, 2008
 
 
A young boy was looking at the blurred scenery inside his moving car. He’s forming ideas on his head on how he could brought up the news that he’s sure will shock his family later.
 
 
 
*What should I do?? They’ll get mad at me! They might disown me or something!* He panicked.
 
 
 
“Sir, are you okay?” the driver can’t help but notice his young master’s worried look.
 
“I-I’m okay. I’m just thinking of something that’s all.” He said.
 
“Well you should not let yourself be bothered today. It’s your birthday after all.” He said and smiled at him.
 
 
 
*That’s what I’m worried about.* He thought but decided not to tell.
 
 
 
The dreaded moment finally came. The car stopped outside a very huge mansion. The driver got out and opened the door for him.
 
 
 
“Happy Birthday sir.” He greeted and bowed.
 
“Thank you.” The boy said and smiled.
 
 
 
The boy breathed in deeply before opening the large door of their mansion with carving of dragon on it intimidating him. He stepped inside and was surprised by a loud ‘POP’ of confetti.
 
 
 
“Happy Birthday master Yi Fan!” the maid greeted him.
 
“Thank you.” He happily replied.
 
 
 
He looked up towards their staircase and saw his parents and grandfather smiling affectionately at him. He walked towards them ever so slowly.
 
 
 
“Happy Birthday son.” His parent’s hugged him and he hugged them back.
 
“Happy Birthday my handsome grandchild who look like his handsome grandpa!” His grandfather cooed earning chuckles from his parents and him.
 
“Thank you.” He said and hugged him.
 
 
 
The family decided to eat on one of their hotels. Yi fan can’t help but feel the bubbling tension inside of him. 
 
 
 
“Yi Fan, do you need to go to the bathroom or something?” His grandpa joked seeing Yi fan’s agonized face.
 
“I-I don’t grandpa.” 
 
“How’s the food Yi fan?” His mother asked him.
 
“It’s great mom.” 
 
“That’s good. Eat more.” She said and smiled at him.
 
“You should look around Yi fan, because you’ll be managing this hotel and our other hotels in no time.” His father said making him choke on his drink.
 
“Now that you’re 18, you’re on the right age to study our business. Your mother and I are gonna send you to America to study.” He continued.
 
“But dad…” Yi Fan started.
 
“What?” 
 
“I don’t wanna study to America.” He said lowering his head.
 
“That’s fine, he can study here dear.” His mother told his father.
 
“There’s a lot of good business schools here in china anyways.” His grandfather added.
 
“Okay then, you’re going to study here.” His father decided.
 
“But dad…”
 
“What now?”
 
“I don’t wanna study here either.” He said.
 
“Then where do you want to study?”
 
“In Korea.” He answered meekly.
 
“Hmmmh, that’s a good choice. Korea’s education these days are good too.” His mother said.
 
“Really then particularly where in Korea?” His father asked him.
 
“In SME…”
 
“SME? Is that a newly established university?” His grandfather asked him.
 
 
The boy began to sweat bullets now.
 
 
“No, it’s a company.” He answered.
 
“Ah so you want to be a job trainee first? Good mindset son.” His father praised him.
 
“Yes, I’m gonna be a trainee but not for business purposes.” 
 
“Then for what?”
 
“For entertainment. I wanna be an idol dad.” He said and that’s when the attention on the room was fully diverted on him.
 
“Come again?” His father asked.
 
“I-I want to be an idol. A performer on stage dad.” He said.
 
 
His father banged his palm on the table scaring the out of him.
 
 
 
“Are you kidding me??” His father furiously asked.
 
“You choose being a petty entertainer than handling our family business??”
 
“Calm down dear.” His mother tried to calm his father down.
 
“No I will not calm down! You!” He said pointing at Yi Fan.
 
“You stop this. Stop your delusions right now. Tell me you’re joking and we’ll continue to eat like nothing happened.” 
 
“I would like to do that father but I can’t. I have to tell this now.” 
 
 
 
*This is now or never.* He thought and breathed in deeply.
 
 
 
“I want to follow my dream and that dream is to be an idol, not a business man.” He said. 
 
 
His father eyebrows twitched in anger. He so wanted to blow up but decided not to do so. Instead he breathed in deeply containing his anger.
 
 
“You. You’re grounded. You’re so grounded until you erase that silly thought in your mind.” His father said and stormed out.
 
“Wait dear!”His mother called out and followed his husband but not forgetting to take a look at her son first.
 
“I’m disappointed in you.” She said before storming out.
 
 
Yi Fan and his grandfather was the only one left. He dared not to look at him afraid that he’ll blow up like his father or be disappointed like his mother. Silence filled the air and minutes passed before his grandpa got up from his seat and walked out. He didn’t blow up nor talk to him making Yi fan feel worst.
 
 
 
*Great, now I’m being ignored.* He thought sadly.
 
 
 
He looked at the seats that were supposed to be taken and sighed deeply. He can’t help but feel sad. 
 
 
 
*Why can’t they just support me?* He thought and decided to eat the remaining foods silently sobbing.
 
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
 
Double update to celebrate my new story! :D