Chapter 31

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Kris' P.O.V.

 

It's saturday. Which means no school today. It also means that I'll be able to finally settle things with Lian. I already give her my lollipop yesterday. Technically, I wasn't the one who handed it to her since I only asked her classmate to do the job but whatever. It still from me and I still have the receipt to prove it.

 

Ugghh. My head hurts from all this thinking. I went to our kitchen and poured a glass of water for me. I was drinking it when Lian walked in. We looked at each other for a few moments before she ignored me and went to get a glass of water for herself.

 

Wait a minute. Am I hallucinating or something? Is she seriously ignoring me??

 

I think she noticed me looking at her so she asked me "What?" while giving me hostile looks.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She hissed and I felt myself shiver.

 

Lian is really scary when she's angry.

 

"I-I was just..uhmm.." DAMN. WHY IN THE WORLD AM I STUTTERING??

 

I was racking my head for better things to say when I noticed her clothes.

 

"You're going out?" I asked her.

"Yes." She said and I can't myself to be curious.

"Where?"

"School."

"It's saturday." I told her.

"I know. We have to practice our play."

"When are you coming back?" I asked her but she looked at me dangerously.

 

I gulped.  IS IT WRONG TO ASK WHEN SHE'LL BE COMING BACK??

 

"Don't worry I'll make sure to come back when you're already asleep so you won't be seeing this face you hate so much!" She growled and left me here in the kitchen.

 

I can't believe this.

 

Is she that angry at me?!

 

I know I was wrong but does she really have to yell at me like that??

 

Damn.

 

That lollipop is freaking useless!!

 

I gave it to her so she'll be curious and asked me what's it for and I'll tell her it's a peace offering and that I'm sorry. See? I was expecting it to be that way!! I was expecting it to be that easy after I give her a lollipop!! But what's happening?? She's clearly still angry at me!

 

Or... If she already knew it's purpose I'm expecting her to soften and go easy on me.

 

But No!

 

It seems like her anger was doubled. I just wasted my money on that piece of sweet. 

 

*Sigh*

 

...................................................................

 

I'm flipping the channels while lazily lying on our couch while waiting for Lian. I decided that I should wait for her and end this madness. I can't stand eating those cafeteria foods at lunch and I'm feeling that the chefs in our house cooked too simple foods. Don't get me wrong I miss Lian's cooking, not her. And as I've told you before I feel GUILTY. Yep, guilty.

 

The door opened revealing Lian. She looked at me for a nano second before ignoring me once again. "Lian." I called but it didn't stop her from walking away from me.

"Lian!"

"......"

"Hey!" 

"...."

"Hey midget stop walking! AISSSHHH!"

 

I groaned in frustration and ran after her. She was about to slam the door of her room when I stupidly used my hand to stop it. 

 

 

"OWWWWWWW!!! IT HURRRRRTTTTTSSSSS!! DAAAAMMMNNNN!!!"

 

 

FFFFFF************CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

 

"Stupid! Why did you have to use your hands!!" I heard Lian scold me.

"Come inside, I'll treat you." She said and drag me to sit on her bed.

"IT HUUUUUURRRTTTSSSSS!!!" I whined like a kid but I don't care it really hurts!

"Shut up it's your fault!" She said and went out to get some ice.

 

I'm really stupid. Sh*t this hurts like hell! I looked at my hand whose beginning to have a purple-blackish color on it. Damn, I won't be able to write for a while now but it's not like I'm writing anyways. Lian came back with ice on her hand and handed it to me.

 

"Hold on to it." She said and I did.

"This is your fault." I told her.

"What?? Who told you to put your hand there??" 

"I was calling you but you're ignoring me!" I defended and she scoffed.

"And why do you think I'm ignoring you?" She asked and I looked down in shame.

 

This is it. Be a man and tell her you're sorry Yifan!

 

 

No one's P.O.V.

 

"I'm sorry." The guy told her.

The girl was confused. Is she hearing some things now? "What?"

"I said I'm sorry." He said and looked straight into her eyes.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." He said with so much sincerity it makes the girl's heart skip a beat but she decided to not let him notice.

"Tsk, you're saying sorry now but I know you'll do it again." She said but the boy shook his head.

"I won't do it again." He told her but the girl won't buy any of it.

"You know lying is bad right?" She asked.

"I'm telling the truth. I won't hurt or try to hurt you again." He said still not taking his eyes away from her.

"Are you on crack?"

"No, I'm not. I'm serious here. I won't hurt you again." And the girl can't help but smile seeing the guy's sincerity.

"But it doesn't mean that I like you okay?" He added and the girl smile was instantly wiped off.

"What??"

"Being kind to someone is different from liking someone. I may start to be kind to you from now on but don't expect me to like you okay?" He said and the girl slapped his arm.

"Ow! What's your problem, woman??" He asked her but the girl kept quiet with her arms crossed on her chest.

 

*I thought.. I thought he's finally starting to like me... But whatever, at least there's some improvement.* She shrugged the thought away.

 

"So... did you forgive me already?" He asked and the girl looked at him.

"Did you apologized?"

"Wha-Hey I told you I'm sorry a moment ago!" 

"And you think a simple sorry will suffice? And why did it took so long for you to apologize huh??" She asked clearly bummed why he's only apologizing now.

"You know me, I'm not good with apologizing.. And what are you saying 'simple sorry'?? Yah I gave you a lollipop didn't I??" The girl was confused.

"What lollipop are you talking about?" She asked and the boy scoffed.

"Don't give me that look. I clearly gave you a lollipop! Well, it wasn't technically me but I made your classmate hand it to you!" The boy explained but the girl was still confused.

"But I really didn't have any..." The girl said.

 

The boy looked at the girl carefully wanting to know if she's lying or not. But seeing that she's really telling the truth, it was his turn now to get confused.

 

 

"Hey the ice already melted. I'll go get another one." Lian said and took the melted ice with her downstairs. But Yifan was busy thinking of something else. He's annoyed by the fact that someone other than Lian got to eat his precious lollipop. And he was even annoyed that the boy didn't do his job well.

 

He's definitely going to have a talk with that boy on Monday.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` 

A/N:

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO 

I wonder what'll happen next chapter...

 cebollita_animated_onion-22.gif