Chapter 44: Unicorn Intervention

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Luhan's P.O.V.

 

I told Kris Lian's name and he suddenly let go of my shoulders and sank down on the floor. He let out a very audible groan making me and the others look at him in confusion. What is wrong with him? I stoop down at his level and touched his shoulders.

"What's wrong man?" I asked him. He looked back at me and I was surprised by the hostility on it.

"Yah, Luhan!" he suddenly shouted at me.

"What?" I asked confused at his hostility.

"How can you fall in love with someone you only met once??" He hissed.

I frowned at him. "I never said I met her only once, I've been eating on their shop for more than 20x already. I said I only TALKED to her once." I explained.

"It's the same! How can you fall in love with someone you only talked to ONCE?!" He asked frustration and a little bit of anger-No scratched that, ANGER evident on his voice.

"I just did, okay??" What the hell is wrong with this dude??

"Falling in love needs some time! You have to know the other party well. Know if she's a good person or not. You have to talk to her more than ONCE to know her better! To understand her better!" He argued.

 

I looked at Kris, dumbfounded at what I'm hearing from him. All this time I never heard him talk about love and I can see that he always tried to change the topic everytime we talked about it or even change the channel when we're watching some kdramas on tv. It's the first time I hear him talk so strongly about it. I can tell the others were really surprised too, well except Yixing who was looking at him like he understand Kris.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you, dude?" Xiumin asked and before Kris could reply Lay drag him away towards the balcony.

"Uhm, sorry guys. This dude needs to have a breather. Don't mind him, Luhan. He's just having mood swings." He smiled at us.

"Yah! What are you sayi-"

"Oh, shut up, Yifan." He told him and continued dragging him away living us left with furrowed eyebrows and a confused mind.

 

 

Lay's P.O.V.

 

 

I only understand the situation when Yifan started going crazy at Luhan. Now I know why 'Happiness' sounds familiar with me. It's the same shop Yifan kept on talking about before and Lau Lian is the same girl he kept on mentioning. Back in China he kept talking about her in distaste but now he talks about her with sadness and longing. Before everything gets worse I decided to drag him away.

 

"Yah, why did you drag me here??" Yifan whined while I'm sliding the balcony door closed.

"I'm not done dealing with Luhan yet, Yixing!" He shouted.

I turned around and I looked at him firmly. "Are you crazy?" 

"What?"

"I said, are you freaking crazy? Are you mad??" I hissed.

"What do you think you're doing snapping at Luhan like that??" 

"Well, he.. HE SAID HE LOVE LIAN!!"

"And so?? What does that have to do with you??" I asked and he looked at me like I'M the mad one.

"Do you have amnesia? Aren't you listening all these time I talked about her?" He asked.

"I listened to you, Yifan. And you know what I realized based on your stories?" I asked and he stayed silent urging me to go on.

"Pardon my language but you're an and you deserved to be left by her." I told him.

Anger flashed on his eyes and he suddenly grabbed the collar of my shirt. "Why, you-"

"What? Can't accept the fact that you're the bad guy?" I challenged.

 

He looked at me like he wanted to rip my face off but I managed to hide my fear and nervousness. Who wouldn't get scared when a 187cm man is hovering above you with piercing and ready-to-kill eyes? Just when I thought he's going to punch the living daylights out of me he sighed and took a step back.

 

"I'm sorry, man." He said while looking at the ground.

 

 

I breathed out a sigh of relief.

 

 

My face is safe.

 

 

"I know I'm the jerk here, it's just that... *sigh* It irritates me to know that someone likes Lian. Anyone would be pissed to know someone is taking a liking to the girl they like, right? I'm really sorry for blowing up to you." He said and sat on the chair near the door. 

I sat beside him and put a hand on his shoulder. "I perfectly understand, man."

"You do?" He asked.

"Yes. I mean, I know how selfish you are." I said. 

He glared at me. "That was a joke." I grinned and he rolled his eyes.

"But with all seriousness, you shouldn't have snapped at Luhan like that. You can't hate him for liking Lian. And FYI, he met Lian waaaay before you met her. He fell in love with her first." I told him and his face scowled in distaste.

"AND don't even think about threatening him to stay away from her." He abruptly turned his head at me.

"How did you know I was thinking about that?" He asked and I tried hard not to chuckle.

"I know how evil your mind works, Yifan." I smirked.

"Whatever." He scoffed.

"Seriously, you shouldn't do that. You should let Luhan do what he wants."

"And what? Watch their love story unfold and grows in front of my eyes? No way, man." He snorted.

"You should let him be because you have no right to stop his feelings and Lian's too in that matter. Remember, you're not her fiancee anymore. She's a free bird now." I told him and felt guilty right away when I saw how dejected and sad he looked.

"You're right. I'm a nobody to her now." He sighed.

Damn it. Seeing Yifan this sad is not fun AT ALL. I sighed, "Look, Yifan-"

"I'm not her fiancee. I'm a nobody now! I don't have any right to stop them if they decided to suddenly like each other, date, get married, have kids who inherited Lian's eye smiles, have grandchildren, grow old together, die together with their tombs placed near each other with engraving like 'Til Death do us part' or like' Here lies a couple who loved each other very freaking much' or something like that, leaving me all alone with no one by my side because she got away and BECAUSE I'M JUST A FREAKING NOBO-OUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR??" He asked while rubbing the back of his head I just slapped.

"That's for being a diva. Yah, I'm the only one allowed to be a diva here, okay? Well except for Tao, or Chen.. Anyways, stop you're whining!" I scolded.

"What? You're the one who made me realized what a NOBODY I am!" He hissed and I rolled my eyes. What a drama queen.

"If you hate being a NOBODY that much then try hard to change that title. I only told you to not stop Luhan because I want the both of you to have a fair and equal fight for Lian's love. I never said you should back down!" I told him.

"What do you mean equal?? He obviously have the upper hand because Lian hates me! And if you haven't realized it by now, fate also hates me and favors Luhan!"

"Then try harder, you whiny man!" I scolded making him shut up.

"Try harder to win Lian. Lian did all she can to win your love before. She did her best and exerted a great effort to make you like her back. The tables have turned. It's your turn now and YOU.SHOULD.NOT.MESS.THIS.UP." I glared at him.

"..okay." He whispered.

"What?"

"Okay..."

"I can't hear you!"

"I said okay!! I'll try hard to win her back. I'll fight Luhan fair and square!"

"Yeah, and start it by saying sorry." I told him and he widen his eyes.

"Why??"

"Because he's your member and you're the leader. Be the bigger person and say sorry because you're obviously the wrong one here. I won't be surprised if Luhan has a bruised shoulder seeing how hard you gripped on it earlier."

"But-"

"No buts! We're a team and we're about to debut. We can't afford to have conflicts inside our group it may affect our chance of debuting. And if you're silly argument about a girl cause the disbandment of our group, I swear I.WILL.SKIN.YOU.ALIVE." I hissed and I swear I saw him gulped.

"Anything related to Lian is not silly... And FINE, I'll say sorry." He muttered.

"Yeah, and tell him your history with Lian too."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"To answer why the heck did you act all crazy on him earlier. What? You don't expect him to ask why?"

"Aisssh. FINE. I'll tell him. God, this is embarassing. He'll know what a jerk I am." He groaned while making his way towards the sliding door.

"You deserve it." I told him and he glared at me.

"Thank you. You're a great friend." He hissed at me.

"Anything for you, man." I grinned and he rolled his eyes before opening the door and sliding it close after.

 

 

I looked away from the door and leaned my back on the chair. I faced the night sky and was awed at how bright the moon is. My mind drifted to Lian. I never saw her personally but I saw a glimpse of her picture on Yifan's wallet before. I remembered how hard I laughed while teasing Yifan. I just knew that he took that picture from her secretly because she's not looking at the camera at all. Who knew the face has stalker tendencies too. I wonder how great she is to make two of my friends like her.

 

 

Luhan, our cheerful and young looking vocalist and Kris, our almighty duizhang.

 

 

The two are completely different from each other, the only things that binds them together are their love for music and their love for the same girl.

 

 

Luhan Vs. Kris

 

 

I grinned. This will be soo interesting. I wonder who will win. I should start making a bet with the members fast before I forget all about it. I'm so going to earn a lot of money. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N:  Lay you naughty naughty boy~~ <3 I approve! onion_msn_smileys-15.gif

Thank you for the subscriptions and comments guys!

You guys' comments makes me think about what to write next, in short it inspires me. 

So keep the comments coming! ㅋㅋㅋ

onion_msn_smilies-22.gif