Chapter 51: Early Christmas

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

A/N:Sorry for updating after a long time. Thank you for the subscribers and those who still waited for me. I hope you like this update. :)

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````

Dec. 19, 2011

 

"Congratulations on your first performance~!" The rest of EXO came to support their members who performed in Gayo Daejun alongside their seniors  and cheered, followed by a loud pop of confetti.

"You guys were great! I'm so proud of you guys." Xiumin, being the eldest of them all said, his pride for s clearly heard in his voice.

"Kai, you were an exceptional dancer as always." Lay patted Kai's back.

"Thanks, hyung." He smiled at Lay.

"Yeah, you really fitted in with Taemin and Eunhyuk sunbaenim." Baekhyun grinned.

"Your moves were flawless and powerful!" Chanyeol added making Kai's cheeks blush in shyness. 

"Not only, Kai. Tao, you were magnificent! You and Victoria sunbaenim looked so elegant and enchanting!" Suho hugged EXO-M's maknae.

"Of course Tao did great. He's been practicing that moves for weeks." Kris ruffled Tao's head. Adoration glistened in his eyes making the younger boy grin at him.

"That was some Wushu, Tao." D.O. grinned at him.

"Chen, my man!" Kris hollered in english and slung an arm on Chen's shoulder.

"Your voice was freaking AWESOME." He continued.

"You killed the stage with your awesome vocals hyung!" Tao praised.

"Thanks..." Chen muttered shyly making the boys chuckle.

"Chen hyung was really great but let's not forget about my favorite hyung. Luhan hyung also did great!" Sehun said impatient to place the spotlight on his hyung.

"Of course we didn't forget him!" Suho pretended to scowl.

"We're just saving the best for last." Baekhyun winked.

"Luhan hyung, you did great-" He started but stopped.

"Where is he?" Sehun frowned when he realized Luhan was not in the same room as them.

 

The members widen their eyes and scan the packed waiting room. Luhan was no where to be seen. Kris furrowed his eyebrows. Luhan is gone and he had no idea where he is. His manager will kill him if he knew of this irresponsible act. He's the leader of EXO-M for pete's sake. He should keep track on where s have gone.

 

*Damn, I got too excited.* He scowled. He took out his cellphone and was about to call him when he realized that it's still abit awkward between the two of them. With an irritated sigh, he turned to Sehun, "Call Luhan." He said. The maknae nodded his head, took out his phone and dialled Luhan's number.

 

The members kept quiet as they tried to listen to Sehun's phone. "Put it on speaker." Lay suggested which Sehun willingly obliged.

They heard a few rings until a voice they knew so well was heard. 

 

"Sorry, the number you dialled is out of service or out of coverage area. Please try your call later."

 

"Aissh, where is he?" Kris grumbled. The door busted open and their managers came inside. Kris gulped. 

"Why do you guys look like you swallowed or something?" One of their managers teased. The boys, especially Kris, awkwardly laughed. He wanted to lie or made up an excuse for Luhan but he figured their managers will eventually find out so there's really no other option but to tell the truth.

"L-Luhan is missing, hyung." He stuttered. Awaiting their managers furious response but instead they got none.

"Oh, don't worry about him. He asked for my permission to go out on a date or something. I approved because he did a good job on the performance today. It serves as his reward." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"WHAT???" Chen shrieked.

"He get a reward and none of us did??" Kai butted.

"No fair, hyung!" Tao pouted his lips.

The managers can only shrug their heads and chuckle at the kids' childishness. "Okay, fine. I'll treat you guys to some meat." The three whiny boys immediately pumped their fists in the sky with a series of "Yey!" and "Whoot!"

 

The waiting room was soon filled with noise and chaos, starting from the cheers of Kai, Chen and Tao to the beggings and whines of the rest of the members of EXO-M who wanted to be treated to meat too-Well, except for one anxious dragon who's silently thinking in a corner. He wasn't able to hear any of the noises inside because only the voice of his manager kept ringing inside his head.

 


"He asked for my permission to go out on a date or something."

 

He shuddered hearing the word 'date'. As far as he knows Luhan is not interested and doesn't have any eye for any girls.... except for Lian. He widen his eyes and groaned audibly when an image of Luhan and Lian having a date flashed inside his mind. *NOOOOOOO!!!!!* He scowled and pursed his lips in a thin line. Stomping his feet hard on with every step he took, he marched towards their managers. 

The managers looked at him in confusion. "What's the matter, Kris?"

Kris' furious face was immediately replaced by a whining one. 

 

 

"Hyuuuunnggg!!! You should've just treated him meat!!!!" 

 

 

........................................................................................................................................

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

"Sorry for the wait!" I heard Luhan cheerful voice behind me. 

"It's okay." I offered him a timid smile which he returned with a dazzling one. 

He sat down legs crossed beside me and offered me Iced Coffee and boiled eggs. "Thanks." 

"You're welcome." He smiled and sipped on his. I looked around while munching my eggs.

 

I've never been to a Jjimjjilbang or public bath house before. Everyone in here is wearing clothes similar to Luhan and mine. A matching blue comfortable t-shirt and shorts for the boys and pink for the girls. I noticed almost everyone was also wearing a sheep towel on their heads. I smiled remembering how Luhan made me one earlier. Oh, why are we here you ask? Well, after the Gayo Daejun performance earlier, Luhan came up to me and asked me if he could take me out.

 

I was surprised and was spazzing inside. Luhan, the guy I had a crush with years ago, was asking me out! I asked him if he won't be doing anything later because as far as I know, SM artists always had a party after successful performances. He told me yes, there will be a celebration later but he already asked for his manager's consent. I so wanted to go with him but I remembered that Chi jie wanted to treat me meat. Before I could utter a reply, she came and literally shoved me causing me to stumble and fall flat on the ground if not for Luhan who caught me in time. We both blushed when we made eye contact and awkwardly took a step away from each other.

 

"She would love to go with you." She beamed at Luhan. I was about to complain but Chi jie already shoved me and Luhan out of the dressing room.

"Make sure to get her home in one piece, Luhan." She winked and slammed the door on our faces.

We stood there dumbfounded for about a minute before Luhan cleared his throat. "Uhm.. Should we-uhm.. Should we go now?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

Some part in me wanted to say no but majority screamed yes. "O-Okay." I stuttered.

 

Luhan, originally wanted to take me to his favorite bubble tea shop but it was already past midnight at the time we got there so it was already closed. Actually, all the shops and diners around were closed already. I can tell that Luhan was pretty dissapointed like me. He told me that he's sorry and blamed himself for being stupid. Wanting to brighten up his mood, I suggested to just go and walk around at the nearby midnight bazaar. Christmas is just around the corner and bazaars like those practically cover Seoul. He agreed but I can tell he was still pretty bummed about the bubble tea shop. I guess he really wanted to go there.

 

We spent an hour and a half walking around the bazaar. Luhan helped me buy some early christmas gifst for my love ones. A bracelet for Chi jie, earrings for Rainy, a pair of shoes for my dad, and a shirt for Zhui Lui. I also helped Luhan buy gifts for his family and members. He asked for my opinions on what to buy for s except Yifan. He still bought him a gift of course, just without asking my opinion. That got me confused at first but then I thought that maybe he knows my situation with Yifan. That guy must've told s-that big mouth! Luhan then excused himself to go to the washroom and I took that as a chance to buy him some gift.

 

I walked around the shop and found a cute looking bonnet. I really think it would suit him so I bought it and asked the cashier to wrap it up. When I was waiting for the gift to be wrapped up, my eyes caught something. It was a black bracelet and it's the only one of it's kind hanging on the rack. Looking at it, only one person came to mind; Yifan. I was hesitating if I would buy it or not because we obviously know that me and Yifan is not exactly on friendly terms. Then I saw someone eyeing it. Before he could get his hands on it I ran and immediately took it. I looked at him apologetically. He just rolled his eyes and went to look around. I sighed. I guess I'm going to buy it after all.

 

After the two of them were wrapped up and ready to go, I put them inside my bag and walked out of the shop. I stood where Luhan left me awhile ago and half a minute later, I saw him walking towards me. "Sorry, the comfort room was kinda packed." He said with an apologetic face. We were still both walking around while laughing at the silly things he said about s when we saw a sign that read "Jjimjilbang". Since it was cold and we still don't obviously want to call it a night-at least on my side, we went inside and that's how we ended up sitting cross legged inside, wearing sheep head towels and matching shirts and shorts, munching our iced coffees and eggs and relaxing ourselves.

 

I was snapped out of my day dream when I felt something hard hit my head. "Hey!" 

"Sorry, you were spacing out and I needed to eat another egg." He said while laughing.

I narrowed my eyes on him and took an egg for myself. "Look! A dear!" I exclaimed and pointed somewhere

"Where?" He turned his head on where I'm pointing and I took that as a chance to hit my egg on his head.

"Yah!" He pouted while scratching his head. 

"HAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FELL FOR THAT ONE!" I said while laughing so much.

I saw him pout some more. "Meanie." He crossed his arms on his chest and looked away.

I chuckled on how cute he looks and grabbed his shoulders, forcing him to face me. I managed to make his body face me but his eyes were still somewhere else. I grabbed either side of his face and cooed "Aww, mianhe, lulu~" 

I then saw his ears and cheeks blushed then he slowly looked at me. "W-What did you call me?" He asked.

Crap. "I'm sorry if I offended you or something. I-I just thought Lulu w-was a cute nickname. I'm really-" I was cut off when he placed his fingers on my lips shutting me up.

"It's okay. You don't have to explain. It's a cute nickname-even though it's girly." He chuckled making my heart flutter.

"You can call me Lulu all you want. In return you shall call me, oppa. Arasso?" He asked and because I was too dazed to give a proper reply I just nodded.

"Good, now call me oppa." He demanded.

I can tell without looking at a mirror that I'm blushing furiously now. "O-Opp-Why would I call you oppa??" I demanded in a futile attempt to hide my embarassment.

"Because we had a deal!" He whined an I chuckled.

"Shiro!" I said and stuck out my tongue. 

"You-" He attempted to grab me so I stood up and ran away from him.

"Come and catch me, LULU~!" I yelled and saw him blush in embarssment when I heard some people talks about how cute his name was.

"You're dead." 

"That's if you're going to catch me, which I doubt, LULU." I smirked at him then ran as far as I could to get away from him. We ran for a while disturbing the sleeping people which earned us the right to be kicked out by the owner.

"Did you see that ahjussi's face when I accidentally tripped on his shikye?" Luhan asked while laughing. We're currently on our way to the bus stop. Luhan insisted to send me home but I told him there's no need since it's almost morning now and that he should rest. In the end he agreed but insisted to accompany me while waiting for my bus.

"Yeah, that was epic!" I told him while laughing. 

"Here comes my bus!" I said while pointing at the approaching bus.

"Thank you for agreeing to this date, Lian. I had fun." Luhan said and smiled at me.

"The pleasure was all mine. I really had fun too, Lulu~" I cooed and chuckled when I saw him narrow his eyes.

"Oh before I forgot-" I opened up my bag and handed him my gift. "Merry Christmas!" I grinned at him, all form of awkwardness from earlier gone. He made me warm up to him in no time.

I saw him widen his eyes before blushing. "Y-You got me a gift?" He asked while taking the gift and I nodded.

"Thank you." He blushed some more making me blush too. Aish, I look like a lovesick highschool girl. >___<

"When did you get this?" He asked eyeing the gift. "When you went to look for a comfort room." I said.

He then hurriedly took something from his bag when the bus finally stopped in front of us. "Here." He said holding a wrapped paper bag shyly.

I looked at him in surprise. "You got me a gift?" I asked while looking at the gift in my hand. "Yeah... I wanted to give it to you on the exact christmas day but I have a feeling I won't so I'm giving it to you now. Merry Christmas, Lian." He gave me a warm smile that took back the flutter my heart felt a while ago.

The bus honked impatiently making me looked at Luhan apologetically. "I guess it's your cue to go." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I should go. Bye, Luhan." I told him and hesitantly step towards the bus.

"Bye, take care on your way home and thank you again." He said. I then stopped on my tracks, turned around and tackled him on a hug.

"Thank you for this wonderful day-or night, Luhan. I appreciate the gift. Merry christmas." I whispered in his ear before running inside the bus. I heard the driver muttered something about couples but I ignored him and went to sit near the window.

 

I looked at Luhan and chuckled seeing he was still in daze. I tapped the glass and that made him out of his daze and looked at me. I waved at him and saw him waved back with a wide smile before the bus moved making his figure smaller by the second. When he was nowhere in sight anymore, I looked at the gift on my lap and opened it. It was a silver necklace with it's pendant in a shape of a cube. I touched it and was surprised that it can actually be turned like a rubix cube! I looked at the paper bag more and found a key chain and a paper. I looked at the keychain shaped in bubble tea and I laughed knowing what it's for. Then I took the paper and unfolded it. Luhan's writing came into view.

 

Dear Lian,

I know it's not exactly chrismas yet but I'm still going to say it-Merry Christmas! Thank you for agreeing to go out eventhough it's late.  I got you a necklace and uhmmm... actually it's a couple necklace .I have one exactly like that but the pendant-the cube was black while yours was silver. I'm sorry it's just that I like the necklace too so I got one for myself. I hope you like it as much as I do. It can serve as our friendship necklace-for now. The bubble tea key chain serves as a reminder that I still want to take you out for some in the future. 

 

Thank you again and Merry Christmas!

 

With much love,

Luhan

P.S. I seriously wanted to drink bubble tea with you and here's my number XXXXXXXXXX

 

I chuckled. I didn't know Luhan was obssessed with Bubble tea. I took out my phone and saved Luhan's number in it. Then I type a message for him.

 

 

To: Lulu~

As I told you before I stepped inside the bus, the pleasure was all mine.

I really had fun and I would love to drink the famous bubble tea with you.

Merry Christmas, oppa :)

 

 

I pressed the send button and leaned on the window with a smile. Maybe, working with EXO won't be that bad afterall.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N: 

Here's Lian's gift to LuLu:

tumblr_m2bien0nMM1qa6bd9.jpg

 

Here's Lian's gift to Kris:

sid_ac_bottegavenetab_kris1.jpg

Here's Lulu's gift to Lian:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTinLOrQfaJR2IQwgOGqI4

(Just pretend there's no LOVE word there and it can be turned like a rubix cube :D)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQskDdAATuz-W3quk-MoHo

Credits: To the owners of the pics :)