Chapter 13: Happy New Year my

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Date: January 23, 2012
 
 
Kris/Yi fan’s P.O.V.
 
 
I opened my eyes and was surprised to see a familiar ceiling above me. I’m now lying on my bed inside my room and I can hear the busy sounds of footsteps outside my room. I groaned and stood up. I opened the door and went downstairs only to find the maids busily putting foods on our dining table. I also saw my mom busily talking with one of our maids.
 
 
I yawned because I’m still sleepy and that’s when my mom finally noticed me. She dismissed our maid then came up to me. 
 
 
“Yi fan! How are you??” She asked me worriedly while cupping my cheeks. “I’m okay mom.” I told her trying to pry her hands away from my face. What am I six? -__-
 
 
“You scared me! When that man from the phone told me you fainted yesterday I was so scared!” She said and hugged me. I stared at her dumbfounded. “I-I fainted??”
 
 
“Yes! Mom is so scared.” She said and pouted. And that’s when I remembered why the hell I fainted in the first place. My stomach automatically turned just by the thought of it and I immediately went inside my bathroom to vomit.
 
 
“Yi fan honey, are you okay??” Mom asked while patting my back.
 
Mom, do I honestly look like I’m okay to you?
 
I answered “I am” just for the sake of her not freaking out. I gurgled with water then breathed in deeply. I will freaking sue those people. Those pitiful dogs…
 
 
I will never eat something made at the streets again! I swear!
 
 
“Yi fan is there something wrong?” Mom asked me while touching my arms. That’s when I noticed that my body was tensed and I’m gripping the sink too hard. I loosened a bit then stared at her.
“I’m okay mom. Where is butler Jiao?” I asked her.
“I asked him to do some errands for me, but he’ll be back after a while. Why?” 
“I just want him to take care of some things.” I told her and smirked deviously.
 
 
You’re so going down dog-eating couple. I’ll make sure you’ll feel the pain those pitiful dogs felt.
 
 
“Yi fan you’re being weird again.” Mom told me while eyeing me skeptically. She must have noticed my creepy face. I sighed.
“Don’t mind me mom. Don’t you have something else to do?” I told her.
“Oh yeah, I still have some things to do. We’re expecting guests by the way.” She told me and hurriedly walked out but she stopped and looked at me.
“Oh and don’t forget to call Lian and wish her a happy New Year okay?” She winked then set off.
 
 
I stood there completely silent before face palming myself. 
 
I’m so stupid. 
 
It’s already the 23rd of January! 
 
I fainted yesterday! I thought it was just moments ago and most of all I completely forgot about the midget! I hurriedly went out of the bathroom to find my phone inside my room. When I found it I immediately dialed Lian’s number.
 
 
*RING~RING~*
 
 
Pick up midget girl. I tapped my foot impatiently.
 
 
*RING~RING-“Hi this is Lian-“
“Midget I’m-“
“I’m currently busy at the moment. Please leave your message after the beep and P.S. if you’re an ugly, irritating and annoying giant don’t even think of calling me again. Ever. Bye~”*BEEP*
 
 
I heaved an annoyed sigh. Did she just call me ugly?? 
 
 
Well sorry young lady but the adjectives only suited for me are the positive ones like handsome, super handsome or absolutely handsome. I tried calling her again but it always ended up in voice mail. Miraculously, after the 10th time she picked up her phone.
 
 
“Didn’t you get the message? I said ‘P.S. if you’re an ugl-“
“I got the message but I don’t think the description suits me at all. I’m not called ‘Male god’ for nothing you know.” I told her and I can imagine her rolling her eyes at me.
“You got the nerves to call me after ditching me yesterday!” I winced and put my phone away from my ear for a moment. She sure has a loud mouth.
“Look here. I-I’m… I. you know, I..” Damn, why can’t I say it??
“What?” She asked impatiently. 
“What I mean to say that I am.. I…”
“What?? Can you please hurry up?? Unlike you I still need to help my dad-*Cough*Cough*”
“Hey are you sick?” I asked her. 
“I’m not.” She answered but then I heard her coughing hard on the other line again.
“Yeah right.” I said sarcastically. 
“This is your fault!” She shouted once again.
“Hey-“
“Don’t even think of denying it! You let me wait in that park in this cold weather!” She told me.
“Hey Guangzhou doesn’t even have snow! How can you get cold-”
“Being cold is also cause by the drop of temperature not only by snow you moron!” She cut me off. Ouch, that hurts.
“Look here. I encountered problems yesterday making me ditch you. But I swear it’s purely unintentional.” I defended.
“What things?” She asked. 
I gulped. “Just… some things..” I muttered.
“I’m asking you what things!” She shouted. 
 
 
The hell? There’s no way I’m going to tell her that I fainted. That’s embarrassing and not to mention ego degrading.
 
“It’s none of your business.” I told her.
“You know what? I’m going to end this call. Talking with you gives me headache.” She told me. I was about to retort but then she already ended the call.
“ARRRGHHHHH!!!!!” I grabbed my hair in frustration than messed it. That girl really is something. How dare she hang up on me!!!
 
 
 Narrator’s P.O.V.
 
 
Yi fan just sighed while looking at his phone.
 
 
“Good job Yi fan.” He muttered sarcastically.
“You managed to make her angry once again. You can’t even manage to say those simple words! Who knew saying sorry is this hard.” He told no one but himself then plopped down on his bed. 
 
 
*But wait!* He thought then suddenly sat upright. 
*Isn’t this what I want in the first place? To make her so mad at me at the point of her backing away from the marriage?* He thought.
*But then why do I feel anxious if she’s angry at me or not??* He thought then messed up his hair once again. He decided to think about an answer later then proceeded to take a shower and fix himself. After fixing himself up he went downstairs to greet his family a happy New year since he was out sleeping yesterday.
 
 
“Where are they?” Yi fan asked the maids when he caught no sign of his family.
“They’re at the garden with the guests and Happy New Year young master!” The maid greeted him.
 
 
Yi fan greeted back then went outside towards the garden.
 
 
*Maybe it’s the Lau’s* He grinned. 
 
His grin was wiped off when he was nearing the garden and he saw not just his parents and grandfather outside but also 4 figures of men happily chatting with each other. He squint his eyes to have a better look and he immediately grimaced after realizing who they were.
 
tumblr_m3vwoxJiv01rth2k1o7_250.gif
 
*What are they doing here??* He thought annoyed by what he’s seeing. 
*Out of all people to invite they choose those bastards!* He thought.
*I should just go inside.* he thought but hesitated. 
*But I didn’t even greeted my parents a Happy New year.* He thought but then he heard the booming laughter of those four men making him remember some things he wanted to forget.
*Screw greetings. I’m out.* He thought then turned to walk away but a voice stopped him.
 
“Yi fan! What are you doing there? Come and join us.” His mother hollered. Yi fan winced then dragged his feet towards them. 
“Happy New Year sleepy head.” His father chuckled. Yi fan did a small bow towards his family, only his family. One of the boys smirked sensing Yi fan’s discomfort towards them.
“Happy New Year Kevin.” One of the boys said. Yi fan winced. He hasn’t heard his English name for a long time now and he’s not expecting to hear it too soon. He looked up to them and saw them looking at him too with a mocking smile. He gritted his teeth.  *Happy New Year my .*
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The identity of the four brothers will be revealed soon. They will play a huge part next chapters :)