Chapter 50

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Kris' P.O.V.

 

I looked at the plain white door in front of me. It's very plain compared to the grand door that always welcome me back in our house in China but why do I feel so intimidated by it? But deep inside I know that it's not the door I'm intimidated by-it's the girl resting on the other side of it.

 

I reached for the doorbell but hesitated. Why the hell am I here again??

 

Oh, right. Because I want to. I need to see her. Min to the freaking ho already made a move on her yesterday. I can't just stay still. What if she'll fall for him? That can't happen. No. I WON'T LET THAT HAPPEN. So here I am, wanting to see her to remind her that I'm still here. That I'm serious when I told her that I love her. And that I'll do anything for there to be 'us' again.

 

I already planned this out carefully. I even begged my manager to give Chie noona extra work so I can have Lian all by myself today. I also asked my members-except Luhan of course, what I needed to do to woo a girl. Tao told me to use aegyo. Chen told me to be smooth. Xiumin told me to give her food and Lay told me to be just myself. Heeding my members advice, I went out early in the morning to buy freaking ingredients because Xiumin told me that any girl would be touch if she knew I made the food by myself. I just hope he's right.  After an hour with lots of incessant nagging from Yixing, I finally finished the damn congee. Yep, I only made congee. It's easier to make and it's supposed to be eaten for breakfast anyways.

 

Before I went out of the dorm the boys wished me luck except Luhan who was not even pretending to be happy for me. Well, whatever. Sporting the best clothes I have, with my hair styled to perfection and my body smelling heavenly, I went out to go to Lian's house that I memorized when I stalked-I mean followed her home last night. I was even tempted to buy her flowers along the way but I remembered I don't have much money left. *sigh* The perks of being a runaway. I promise to buy her the best boquet of flowers after I debut and get my salary.

 

I took a deep breath and calm myself. This is now or never. I finally mustered the courage to push the doorbell button. Seconds passed until I heard a bunch of footsteps getting louder and louder. The door was pushed open revealing the girl I've been wanting to see since last night.

 

"Jie, you're bac-" The excitedness on her face was immediately replaced by shock. I can tell that she's surprised to find me here.

 

No , sherlock.

 

Shut up, consciousness!

 

I remembered Chen's words.

 

"Be smooth, hyung."

 

And that's what I did. I grinned at her and held out the congee I made. "Want some chinese food?" I asked tilting my head to the side, obeying Tao's words to do aegyo. Yes, I hate doing aegyo and aegyo also hates me but if it's the only way for Lian to notice me I'll do it.

 

She finally got over her frozen state and looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "What are you doing here, Yifan?" She asked. It's so obvious that she's trying to act haughtily and I resisted the urge to just pinch her cheeks and tell her "Baobei... haughtiness isn't really your thing."

"I asked what are you doing here." She repeated.

"I bought you congee for breakfast." I smiled at her living up to Xiumin's advice.

"I don't need it." She said and was about to close the door. I panicked and hold out my hand for it just to be caught on the door.

 

"FUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!!" I cursed out loud because it hurts! It's ing painful!

 

DAMN IT!! 

 

"Oh my god. I'm sorry!" Lian panicked. She dragged me in and made me seat on the couch.

 

I was still writhing in pain when I saw her seat beside me and attend my hand with an ice pack. My hand hurts like hell but I still manage to smile seeing her this close and worried about me. My smile widen when I realized something.

 

"Hey," I called out.

"Hmmmh?"

"Isn't this Deja Vu?" I asked and she looked at me with what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about look.

"This is the second time you slammed the door on my hands." I told her making her remeber how she also slammed the door on my hand before. It really freaking hurt that time too.

 

We spent the moment looking at each other. Probably reminiscing about the old times-Well, I am, when she decided to ruin it by shoving the ice pack on my injured hand.

 

"Yah, I'm injured here!" I complained. She stood up and crossed her arms below her chest.

"You can take the ice pack with you and go." She said. I felt my heart clench on how cold she sounded but shooed it off.

"Can't we at least eat the congee I made?" I asked trying to pout.

"Don't pout it doesn't suit you." She rolled her eyes.

I glared at her. "If you're not the love of my life I swear I would curse you right now." My stupid mouth blurted out before I can take it back. 

I looked at her and I can tell she was shocked. Well, I am too. Before I could about her pink ears she decided to change the subject.

"You made that?" She asked while pointing at the plastic bag beside me.

I nodded. She was silent for a moment, probably thinking if I'm bluffing or not. "I'm telling the truth, I really cooked this!" I defended.

"Whatever. Just leave it there and go." She said and I felt the ache I felt a while ago came back. I know I deserve this and all but damn it still hurts.

"Can I stay here and eat with you? I didn't eat breakfast." I said and it's the truth. I was busy cooking for her.

"You-" She didn't finish because the sound of their doorbell rang again.

I can tell she's hesitating to answer the door. "Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked.

She narrowed her eyes on me. "Stay there and don't do anything funny or I'll call the police and have them arrest you."

 

She warned before walking towards the door. I took that as my chance to grabbed the plastic with congee and hurriedly go to their kitchen. Their apartment is not that bad. It's big considering there's only the two of them who lives here. I entered their yellow painted kitchen and started looking for bowls to put my awesome congee in it.  After preparing the table I walked out and took a peak to where she is. I found her talking towards an ahjumma. Probably a neighbor. A brilliant thought then came to my mind.

 

I walked out and placed my arm on her shoulder taking her and the ahjumma by surprise. "Baby~ breakfast is ready~" I cooed.

She widen her eyes before narrowing it down into dangerous slits. "What the-" 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Where's my manners? Anyeong haseyo. Kris-imnida." I cut her off by greeting the ahjumma in front of me.

The ahjumma looked at the both of us in confusion as if asking who the heck am I. I decided to be an angel and provide her an answer. "I'm Lian's boyfriend." I said and gave her the most charming smile I can manage.

 

I saw the ahjumma blush. See? Even middle age women finds me attractive.

 

I coughed when the girl beside me elbowed my stomach. "No, Mrs. Lee! He's not my boyfriend!" She denied.

I immediately straighten up, ignoring the pain she inflicted. Lights, camera, action! "Look, baby." I said and held her hands to make my acting more realistic and to stop her from elbowing me again.

"Who's your baby??" She hissed while struggling to get off me.

"I already apologized. Why are you still treating me as if I'm nothing!" God, I should be an actor.

Lian looked incredulously at me. She was about to talk back but I beat her to it.

"I told you that girl was nothing! You're the only one for me, baby. I love you. Don't be like this. I thought we already made up last night?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" She hissed still struggling to get off me.

And before I could stop my stupid mouth I suddenly blurted out, "Did we made love for nothing??"

 

All three of us-including me, widen our eyes in shock. I catch a glimpse of the ahjumma who is now wearing the reddest face among the three of us. No, scartch that. Lian was the one with the reddest face among us. 5 agonizing seconds has passed when Lian yanked her arms away from me. She narrowed her eyes and I can tell she's very angry. She looked at me with dangerous eyes, like  a predator hunting for its prey, like a murderer towards it's victim, like a bull towards the color red.

 

 

I gulped.

 

Damn it. She's scaring the hell out of me.

 

 

"Oh... so that's why I heard some weird sounds last night..." The ahjumma silently muttered but we were still able to hear it.

The little distraction made Lian's scary eyes snap away from me. "No! It's not what you think it is, Mrs. Lee!" 

 

Before she remembers to kill me, I fled away inside Lian's apartment. Panic took over me so I ran inside wanting to hide from Lian. I was hiding behind a door inside an unfamiliar room. Of course, it's unfamiliar. You just got here, . Trust my consciousness to snap at me harshly.

 

I took a peek outside and tried my hardest to eavesdrop. "Ahjumma, that guy is a psycho! He's a liar!" 

"There, there, Lian. I understand." The ahjumma assured her.

Lian sighed in relief. "Thank you. I thought you misunders-"

"I mean, you guys are still young. With raging hormones and all." She said making Lian's jaw drop to the ground.

 

I chuckled silently at Lian's frustrated face. She's so adorable. I decided to take this rare opportunity and looked around their small apartment since Lian was still busy explaining our relationship towards her neighbor. And I'm also 100% sure I'm not going to step foot inside here ever again after what I done. I looked around the small room I'm in. Regardless of it's size, it sure is cozy. I glanced at the wall and found pictures hanging on it. I looked at it carefully and what do you know-I'm inside Lian's room.

 

Pictures of her smiling with her friends; Rainy and other people I don't know were there. Even her picture with Chie noona was also there. A small smile graced my lips when I saw her picture with Mr. Lau. i wonder how he's doing. I hope he's in great health. The smile in my face vanish when I looked at the other picture.

 

Don't smile at me Fei Zhui Lui bastard!

 

Actually, there's the three of them in the picture. Lian, Rainy and Zhui Lui. But it still piss me off because the freaking guy has his arm on Lian's shoulder! I wanted to take the photo, tear it apart and burn the pieces but I don't have any lighter with me. *sigh* 

 

I decided to just ignore the cursed picture and continue looking at her room, wanting to find if she kept at least a memory of me with her. I looked under the bed because the movies I watched showed that some girls hide their things inside a box and under the bed. But all I got was dust bunnies. Is this girl even cleaning her room? I then opened her closet. She has so little clothes. She deserves to have more. I opened the closet below and I instantly felt the heat creeping up my cheeks. 

 

I took out a red bra and examined it. Oh my goddess... 

 

"Yah! What are you doing with my stuffs??" I was startled when Lian suddenly appeared on the doorway.

 

She was looking at me then back at the underwear in my hands. Then I saw her cheeks started to flame a bright red. I grinned. All the nervousness I felt awhile ago vanished, replaced by mischief. Looking at her adorable embarassed face I can't help but some more.

 

"Wow, Lian. You really grew. Last time I check you were only A. Now you're cup B. Nice~" I teased and immediately regretted it when she grab ahold of something near her and threw it at me.

"Get out!! You ert!!" She said still throwing things at me.

"Look, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. I was just curious. That's all!" I said while holding her pillow. Making it as my shield.

"Curious my foot!" She said and threw a book. A thick paged HARDCOVERED BOOK.

"Ouch! It hurts woman!" I complained when the book hit my shoulder.

"That's what you get for messing with my stuff! And don't expect me to forget what you've done earlier with Mrs. Lee!" 

At the mention of her neighbor, memories of the expressions of her face flashed inside my head making me laugh out loud.

"That was not funny, you jerk!!"

"It was!"

"It wasn't! It was embarassing!!" She said. She's now angrily chasing me. I should be scared out of my wits because of her anger but I can't help but feel elated and happy. I really missed this girl.

Few minutes passed and I guessed she got tired because she stopped. "You know what, I won't chase you anymore." She said huffing.

"Good choice." I grinned.

"I'll just call the guards and let them handle you." She smirked.

 

No. If the guards caught me and tell my manager, he will kill me! And I need to have a clean record considering I'm going to debut in a few months. I scowled when I realize I really have to go now.

 

"Okay, fine. I'll go." I muttered dejectedly.

I dropped the pillow on the floor and walked lifelessly towards her door. I looked back at her trying my best to act pitiful. "Can I at least eat the congee I made with you?"

"I was considering to let you eat it but after what you've done. I think NOT." She spat.

"Hmmmph!" I scowled at her and proceeded to wear my shoes in a painfully slow manner.

"Yah! Hurry up, will you!" She nagged at me.

"I don't want Chie noona to see you!" 

"She won't see me because she's going to stay in SM until noon!" I snap at her the closed my mouth when I realized my mistake.

"How did you know that?" She asked and took the broom near her. I gulped.

"YOU-" Before she could hurt me with that broom-which I know she will, I opened her door and ran for my life not forgetting to take a glance at the couple having a make out session near the elavator. I smirked. They must be the ones the ahjumma heard last night. I pushed the elevator button and hurriedly went inside because I saw Lian catching up.

"Yah! Don't you ever come back here!" I heard Lian's voice echo in the hallway.

I bravely took a peek at her(Because she won't be able to catch me even if she ran anyway) and stuck my tongue out. "See you at work, baby~!" The elavator door closed with me laughing my out inside.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````