Chapter 43: When fate plays

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Kris' P.O.V.

 

"Wae???? Why did he have to die???" The panda beside me wailed.

"Because it's in the script, Tao." I boredly told him. 

 

The both of us are sitting on the couch while watching Titanic. Don't get me wrong, I like Titanic and think it's cleverly made but if you watch a movie for three times on THE SAME DAY *Sigh* And besides, I don't really like watching american flicks that much, it's giving me.... bad memories. *shudders*

 

And why am I accompanying him if you ask? It's because he used his aegyo on me. That thing is dangerous, I tell you. And it's also mainly because I'm infected with a serious illness called BOREDOM. The training rooms we used is currently being cleaned for a day. So you can say we have a one day vacation. Yixing chose to practice some more on a dance studio near here, Xiumin and Chen went somewhere I don't know and Luhan, together with Kai, is filming their teaser. The K-members are doing something I also don't know leaving me stuck here with Tao. What a great life I have, please note that I'm using sarcasm here.

 

Thinking about teasers... I wonder what will be the concept of my teaser. I hope it'll be cool so when Lian stumbled upon it she'll think I'm mindblowingly awesome which I am, most of the time. But seriously, I wonder how she'll react. I bet she'll be like 'Omo, Yifan became even much more handsome than before!' than she'll think about accepting me back.

 

 

Tsk.

 

 

Who am I kidding?

 

 

Of course it's not that easy!

 

 

She probably won't even watch it if she knows its me...

 

 

Hmmmph. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Gege, you're not paying attention to the movie! It's almost finished!" Tao whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Gege!"

"Fine! I'm going to watch it! Jeez... so whiny." I muttered but fixed my eyes on the screen anyways.

 

 

*click*

 

 

I heard the door to our dorm clicked open. I turned my head and found Yixing taking off he's shoes. "I'm back. Where are the others?"

"Welcome back, ge~" Tao greeted without taking his eyes off the screen.

"Xiumin and Chen are having a date of their own, I think. Luhan is still shooting his teaser with Kai." I told him and he nodded.

He then looked at me, then Tao then at the TV and back at me again. "I didn't know you like sappy movies, Yifan." He snickered and I gave him a glare.

"Shut up, Tao forced me." 

"Excuses~ Excuses~" He sang and went towards the kitchen to get a drink.

"Awwww, it ended." Tao pouted.

"It's about time." I scoffed and stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"We're going to watch it one more time, ge!" I widen my eyes. Watching it for four times in a row?? Oh, hell no.

"Ummm. Why don't you and Lay watch it? As far as I know, he likes movies like that." I said and watched Tao's eyes pratically glow.

"He does??"

"Yep. Go and force-I mean ask him to watch with you. I'm gonna take a nap." I told him and proceeded to my room.

 

 

I closed the door and plopped myself on my bed. This is the life. I should've done this than watch a movie with Tao earlier. Before I enter dreamland I hear Tao happily singing "Let's watch it, ge~" and  Yixing's audible groan. I snickered. Goodluck with that, Yixing.

 

 

I was woken up by the sound of the door opening and someone moving my shoulders. "The food is ready, Kris."

I looked at the owner of the voice and found Xiumin. "You're back?"

"Yeah, Yixing already made dinner. Let's eat." He grinned. It's usually hard to make me get off my bed but since I'm feeling hungry I willingly dragged myself towards the kitchen.

The five of us we're eating on the table while talking about our day when we heard our door clicked open.

"We're back~" I heard a very happy Luhan sang.

"Welcome back, hyung." Chen smiled at him and he also returned the smile, 10x brighter. "Thank you, Chen~"

"Oh, this is perfect. I'm starving!" Luhan grinned and plopped himself on his usual sit.

Our manager sat beside me.

 

I watched Luhan with interest and at the same time confusion. He's happily eating his foods and his smile won't seem to vanish anytime soon. I know shooting a teaser must be fun but is it THAT fun?

"You seem to be very happy, ge. Is shooting that fun?" Tao asked.

"Yep. It is, didi." He grinned.

"Yeah, especially if you're inspiration is right in front of you." Manager-nim snickered making our deer Luhan blush.

"Oooohhhh~ Really? Who's the lucky girl?" Xiumin asked.

"Tell us hyung!" Chen insisted. 

"I-It's nothing. Kai was really good earlier. He-"

"Someone's changing the subject~"Lay sang. 

"I-I'm not!"

"Just tell us or we'll annoy the answer out of you." Lay grinned.

"It's really nothing. I just met a g-girl I knew back in China." He said.

"Is she your first love?" Xiumin asked.

"No, she's n-"

"Yes, she is." Manager-nim piped in. The boys hollered making Luhan's face redder.

"hyung!" He whined.

"You guys should've seen him earlier. He wasreally estatic. He even hugged her!"

"hyung!"

"Oh my gosh! I didn't know you're a ert, hyung!" Chen faked a shock.

"What?! Of course not!"

"And he was looking at her all the time!" Manager-nim added.

"What a stalker." Lay snickered.

"I'm not! Hyung!" Luhan whined.

"If you spill the details correctly then we won't bother you anymore. Who is the girl earlier?" Xiumin asked.

"Aissshhhh. FINE. She's my first love back in china." He muttered or more like whispered but we still heard it.

"Whoah! I knew it!" Tao cheered.

"What is she like? Is she pretty? What about her figure? Is she tall? y? what's her name-"

"Slow down, Chen." Xiumin chuckled.

"How did you two met before? How did you come to like her?" Chen asked once again.

"It's a long story..." Luhan muttered.

"We're all ears." Lay said.

 

Luhan sighed. He must realized he's not going to escape the interrogation of these boys at all. Well, he should realize that the moment he picked up Lay's interest. Lay LOVES hearing stories. Stories that he can use to blackmail you later. 

 

"Okay, before you start. Who's going to wash the dishes?" Manager-nim asked.

The seven of us looked at each other. "Do it, Tao." I said.

"Why me?? I already did it the other night!" He defended.

"I did it last night." Xiumin said.

"I cooked the food." Lay piped in.

"I helped Lay prepare the foods." Chen added.

 

The three remaining, which includes me, Luhan and manager-nim looked at each other. "Let's settle this maturely. Let's play rock-paper-scissors." I suggested and they all nodded.

 

 

I smirked.

 

 

I am so going to win this.

 

 

(5 minutes later)

 

 

"Can you hear it over there?" Lay snickered over the living room.

"I can perfectly hear you, thanks for the consideration." I sarcastically said while rubbing a plate with a sponge.

I lost the damn game that's why I'm the one cleaning this freaking dishes. Tsk, I hate doing chores.

 

"Okay, so here it goes. I met her back in high school." Luhan started. All ears including mine tuned to listen.

"Our family just moved in the neighborhood. My dad and I was looking around for a good place to eat because my mom was out of town and we really don't know how to cook when we found a peaceful and comfy looking noodle shop."

 

 

Wave of memories hit me.

 

 

I once knew a peaceful and comfy looking noodle shop.

 

 

And it's called 'Happiness'.

 

 

"And it's called 'Happiness'." Wait. Did Luhan blurted out what's inside my mind??

"'Happiness'? Why do I feel like I heard that name before?" I heard Yixing asked. It's because I told you that before, pabo!

"So you fell in love with the girl that works there?" Tao asked. I felt my heart beat faster.

"Yep. She's really cute and I've never seen a girl as hardworking as her before." Luhan said dreamily.

 

 

Damn.

 

 

I only know one noodles shop named 'Happiness'. AND there is only one girl who works there. And I'm sure as hell she's cute and hardworking. Don't tell me....

 

 

No.

 

 

NO.

 

 

NO!

 

 

It must be a coincidence. there must be some other shop with 'Happiness' as it's name. Yep, it's a coincidence it just so happened that they have the same name. Yeah. That's it! 

 

 

There's no way that both Luhan and I like the same person.

 

 

 

He said he likes quiet and timid girls.
 
 
 
 
 
And Lian is 
 
 
 
 
 
....exactly like that.
 
 
 
 
 
The heck??
 
 
 
 
"Are you guys close? Because you sure act like it when you suddenly hug her." Manager-nim asked.
 
"I-I was caught up in the moment, okay?? And no, we're not close. In fact, I only mustered the courage to talk to her the day I left China.." Luhan said sadly.
 
"Don't worry hyung, God gave you another chance! Use it wisely." Chen cheered.
 
"Yeah. I'm really happy to see her again." Luhan said happily.
 
"You should introduce her to us, ge!" Tao said.
 
"Sure. You guys would be spending alot of time with her in the future anyways." 
 
"What do  you mean?" Lay asked.
 
"She's one of our official stylist!" Luhan cheered evoking 'whoah's and 'ooh's from the boys.
 
"See? Luck is with you, hyung! You'll be able to spend more time with her!" Chen said.
 
"So what's her name, Luhan?" Xiumin asked.
 
"Yeah, what's her name, ge?" Tao piped in.
 
"She has a really pretty name and it sounds like mine too. We really  match!" Luhan giggled which annoyed me for some reason.
 
"Yeah, yeah, just tell us lover boy." Yixing impatiently asked.
 
"Okay, her name's Lau Lian." Luhan announced.
 
 
 
"Okay, her name's Lau Lian."
 
 
 
 
"Okay, her name's Lau Lian."
 
 
 
 
"...her name's Lau Lian."
 
 
 
 
.....Lau Lian
 
 
 
 
Lau Lian
 
 
 
 
 
*CRASH!!!!!!*
 
 
 
 
 
 
"What's that??"
 
"Hyung, are you okay??"
 
"Yah, that plate is expensive!!!!"
 
"Tao, get a broom!"
 
"Why me??"
 
"Just get it!"
 
"Yah, Wu Yi Fan. What's wrong with you? Snap out of it!"
 
 
 
 
 
I was paralyzed. I wans't able to move. My groupmates incessant nagging was tuned out. All I could do was remember the name that came out of Luhan's mouth. I-I heard it wrong, right? He didn't really said Lau Lian right?? I decided to snap out of my daze and face my fear.
 
 
"Finally, someone's awake." I ignored Lay's remarks. I'll get back at him later.
 
What's important is getting the truth out of this deer in front of me. I held Luhan's shoulders and firmly looked at him in the eye.
 
"Luhan."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"The happiness shop you're talking about. Is it located in Guangzhou?"
 
"Yep! How did you-"
 
"Is it owned by a short timid looking man whose at the same time the cook of the shop?"
 
"Yeah.. How-"
 
"The girl.. Is she the only worker there??"
 
"Why are you-"
 
"Just answer me, will you??"
 
"Yes. She's the only worker there." I felt my knees got weaker hearing his every answer.
 
"What.. What did you say her name was again?" I asked slowly.
 
"Lau Lian. Why? Do you know her?"
 
"................"
 
"..Kris?"
 
".............."
 
"Hey, are you okay?"
 
"..............."
 
"Yah, snap out of it! You're weirding us out!" I felt Yixing shake me but I felt too weak to response.
 
 
 
 
Lu to the freaking han likes Lau Lian.
 
 
 
 
The very girl I love.
 
 
 
 
Then I remembered the day I saw Lian with puffy eyes. She said it's because she lost a good customer. Is that good customer possibly.... Luhan?
 
 
 
"UGGGHHH!" I groaned and sat down on the ground with my face buried in my hands.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's official.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fate plays.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And it loves messing with me.
 
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````