Chapter 35: Finding comfort

When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee

 

Lian's P.O.V.

 

I sighed. It's been 4 days since I saw Yifan. And these 4 days have been hell for me. It's really hard to avoid someone especially if you both live on the same house. Before I always thought that girls who cries buckets just because they're heartbroken were too emotional and abit over-reacting but now I think they have every right to be like that. Having your heart broken by pieces by someone you considered as the love of your life is really devastating. 

 

 

I still cry everytime I remembered how he didn't bother going to my room that night. My heart began to regret my hasty decision getting into an argument with him. Good thing my mind is always there to snap me to reality. Him not being able to fall in love with me is the reality I've been avoiding since the moment my silly heart announced that I've fallen for him. I've been letting my heart take the lead all this time and now I think it's time my mind step in and take charge.

 

 

The bell rang indicating classes are over. I sighed once again remembering I still have some practice to attend to. I really wanted to go home and lock myself inside my room but I don't want to dissapoint my classmates. And beside there's only three more days left before we'll finally get to perform our play.

 

 

I looked beside me and sighed once more. Rainy is absent for 4 days now. I can't go to her house or contact her because I don't have any cellphone. I miss her. I really need someone to talk to right now. I grabbed my things and began putting them inside my bag and carry it on my back. I stood up and was greeted by a smiling Zhui Lui.

 

 

"Ready for practice?" He asked. I gave him a small smile and nod eventhough I'm not really in the mood to practice.

He frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just.. I just feel a little bit tired today. That's all." I smiled at him but his frown didn't vanish.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yep. Let's go. We'll be late for practice. You know how monstrous vice-pres can get." I attempted to chuckle and grab his elbow.

"You know what? I have a better idea." He grinned.

"What?"

"Let's ditch practice!" He said with excited eyes.

 

 

I never got the chance to reply because he grabbed my hand and ran dragging me with him. I heard him chuckle despite the protests of our classmates whose telling us to stay. We ran away from our classroom and through the gate. I had the feeling that someone was looking at me so I turned my head back. I stopped in my tracks. A few feet away, I saw Yifan standing in front of the open car door with eyes directly looking at me. Everything seemed to stop and I felt my eyes watering. This is the first time since the argument that we looked at each other. And I'll be lying if I said my heart didn't start beating really fast once our gazes met. 

 

 

Damn it.

 

 

He's still afecting me.

 

 

I still love him.

 

 

The world started to move again once I felt Zhui Lui tugged my hand and started dragging me away. I snapped my eyes away from him because I know that one more second of that and I'll probably ran towards him and beg for him to let me by his side again. I let myself be drag by Zhui Lui straining myself to avoid looking back at him. After much running we finally stopped on a park few blocks away from school.

 

"whew! I can't believe we've ran this far-Hey, why are you crying?" I touched my cheeks and he's right. I am crying.

"Hey, Lian. Don't cry..." Zhui lui said while cupping my face and wiping the tears away.

"I-I'm sorry." I choked.

"There's no need to be sorry, Lian." He said and hugged me and that's all it took for my tears to burts once again.

 

I hugged him back and buried my face on his shoulder. I kept on crying while he kept on murmuring calming words on my ear. I don't know how it happened but after I stopped crying I found myself sitting on a bench beside him. I looked at his uniform and frowned. 

 

"I'm sorry for ruining your shirt." I told him but he just chuckled.

"It's okay. You can use my shirt anytime you want but I hope it won't be because of the same reason next time." He said.

We stayed silent for a few minutes before he spoke once again. "I don't mean to pry but.. why did you cry?"

"I..I was-uhmm.." Should I tell him? Will he understand? He's not a girl. He might think I'm too sensitive or anything..

"It's okay. You don't need to tell me if you don't want to." He suddenly said.

"But I do hope to hear it once you're ready." He smiled and squeazed my hands.

 

I smiled back at him. Zhui Lui is really a good friend. He looked at his watch then back at me.

 

"It's still early. What do you want to do?" He asked but only one thing came to my mind: Go home and cry myself to sleep. But of course I can't tell him that.

"I don't know. You choose." I told him. He thought for a few minutes when his face suddenly lit up. He then took out his phone from his pocket and called someone. A few minutes later his chaffeur came.

"Let's go." He said and dragged my hands once again towards the car.

"Tell me the truth, you like dragging me, don't you?" I asked and fake an angry expression.

"As a matter of fact, I do, my prince." He winked and we both laugh.

 

...............................................................

 

"We're here." He announced and led me outside the car.

 

I looked at the place. We're in front of a mansion not bigger than the Wu's but still looks expensive enough.

 

"Where are we?" I asked him. He pointed at the sign on the gate. 

"Yang Residence.." I read and I widen my eyes. 

"We're at Rainy's??" I asked and he smiled at me while nodding.

"I figure she's the one you needed the most right now." He said.

"But what if she's busy?" I asked feeling worried.

"I have a feeling she'll cancel her plans just to hear you out." He said and pushed the doorbell. A maid greeted us. 

"What can I do for you both?" 

"Please tell Rainy that her classmate, Lian, is here to see her." Zhui Lui said and I looked at him confused.

"Aren't you coming in with me?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nope. You girls need some privacy while gossiping right?" He joked and I lightly punched his arm.

"Kidding! I figured you need to talk to her alone. I'll just wait for you here." He said.

"No, it's okay. You don't need to wait for me. You've done enough kindness for today, Rapunzel." I joked and he chuckled.

"But I like to do you kindness.." I heard him mutter.

"But if you really insist, then alright. I'll see you tomorrow. Say Hi to Rainy for me." 

"I'll do. Bye. Take care." I said and waved him goodbye.

 

..................................................

 

"Lian!" I looked at Rainy who was walking down the stairs. I suddenly felt crying.

"I missed you." I muttered when she hugged me.

"What's wrong?" She asked while still hugging me.

"These past few days had been hell, Rainy." I sniffed.

"Tell me what happened." She demanded and I'm more than happy to tell her. I told her what happened starting from the movie until today.

"I'm proud of you, girl. I'm starting to think you're a masochist." She joked and I pouted.

"You did good, Lian. No one deserves to be treated like you. You made a good choice of giving him options. He's dumb enough not to accept you. Now be smart and let go of him. You don't deserve him, Lian." She said and I felt like crying again so I did.

"Oh Rainy... but I still love him!"

"You'll get over him. It might not be now but you will. I know it." She said so confidently.

"What will I do now?" I asked her.

"You will do nothing, you understand? You've done enough for the two of you to work out and you're not even the guy for goodness sake! Let him do the work. If he didn't do anything then to hell with him. It only means he doesn't give a damn about you." I winced at her choice of words.

"And looking at how it's been 4 days since the last time you saw him, I'm guessing he really doesn't give a speck of interest in you. It's time for you to wipe those tears on your face and move on." She suddenly grabbed my shoulder and made me look at her.

"Lau Lian, you're a very gorgeous girl. Not only outside but also inside. Any man is lucky to have you. It just happened that the one you choose to like is too ignorant to see that. Let go of him and move on. You deserve better." She said and my tears started to fall again but not because of pain but because of gratitude. I hugged Rainy.

"I'm very lucky to have you as my friend too, Rainy." I sobbed.

"Damn right, you are." She joked and we laugh. Our laughter eventually subsided.

"What will happen now?" I asked her.

"You're going to move on and forget that delusions you have for him. That's what will happen." She said and I chuckled.

"That will surely happen but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about our families. My father and Mrs. Wu will be dissapointed in me." I put my head down in guilt.

"No father would like to see his daughter get hurt, he'll understand if you explain yourself. About the Wu's... just explain yourself. It's their fault for bringing up a hateful kid, anyways. And thank them and apologize too just for the sake of it." She said but I'm still nervous. She grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Everything will be alright, Lian." She smiled.

"I hope so..."

"Oh come on! Be positive will you?!" I chuckled at her outbursts.

"I'll try." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh before I forgot, how did you find my home?" She asked.

"Zhui Lui dropped me here."

"Oooh~" She made a whistling sound.

"It seems like you're going to forget that angry bird in no time after all." She grinned and I just raised my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. It's better if you figure it out yourself." She winked and I shook my head at her silliness.

"Why were you absent?" I asked her to change the topic.

"I was busy preparing my future." She said with a proud smile.

"Your future?"

"I'll tell it once I'm sure it'll happen. I don't want to jinx it." She said.

"You're really mysterious sometimes, you know?" I told her and we both chuckled.

"In all seriousness, thank you for being my friend, Rainy. I think I'll go mad if you're not here." I told her sincerely.

"That's what friends do. Don't mention it." She smiled back.

 

I'm really thankful she's here and with Fei Zhui Lui too. They're the ones there for me in my dark times. Eventhough I'm not lucky with my love life at least I know I'm lucky with the set of friends I have. I will do just what Rainy told me. I'll let go and move on. The only problem now is how to tell the adults about it.

 

 

*sigh*

 

 

I sense some drama coming up.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N: 

Here's a double update for shahirasherakpoplover123098EirennerashiwonPassionista --> the guys who commented about how stupid Kris is.

Haha XD

And special mention to MrsParkChanyeol who never failed to comment on every chapter. Even on my other story. :D 

Keep the comments coming guys. It motivates me. :)

Next time I'll try for triple update~